Interest check - My creepy, kooky, mysterious, spooky, wonderful family!

Started by Nameless One, April 04, 2017, 05:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless One

Hello and thank you for your time, whoever you are!  ;D I've been toying with this idea for quite some time, now I finally decided to give it a try. I'll follow the remarkable List of Topics to Cover in Intro Post for any Group Game list, to be sure not to forget anything relevant.

As you could easily get from the title, my role play idea is heavily inspired by that little masterpiece that is the Addams Family TV show, plus the movies, why not. I've always been a fan and I adore the setting, the awesome characters, the socially progressive themes... So I thought it would be lots of fun to try a sexually charged version of all that! Where the family members have creative, hot and kinky sex with each other and, more important, use sex as an instrument to solve the problems and achieve the happy ending for everyone (pun intended :P ). Well, let's start with the technical information.

1. The game will be placed in the Extreme section. I don't plan to touch dark and gritty themes at all (on the contrary, I plan this to be very lighthearted and happy ending, like the good old TV show), but I'd prefer to be free to have our characters to engage in sexual fun with our version of Aristotle the Octopus or Cleopatra the African Man Eating plant!

2. The RP is open to everyone and absolutely LGBTQ friendly. I'd prefer the couple and their two kids to be males and females, but the rest of the family and the supporting cast can involve cross gender, trans gender, and anything else I guess.

3. The main roles will be inspired by the original Addams Family. I claim the husband role for myself. Then we'll have wife, son and daughter. For these four, I'd prefer to cling to standard males and females gender. Then we have an uncle or aunt, a granny or grandpa, a butler or maid, and of course the Thing... Who's left to its player creativity!

4. Modern, USA-ish. So, if we like, we can have fun with socially relevant themes! Of course the house and the characters will share the Gothic, morbid and creepy humor of the Addams, being probably rich and brilliant, but weird outcasts. The tone I have in mind is light hearted, funny, maybe grotesque, maybe silly too, but the complete opposite of gritty, dark, sad and desperate. I have more than my share of that IRL, I'd love this role play to be positive and optimistic!

5. This is the big, juicy bit. In the past, I tried to roleplay large and complex stories involving a crowded cast of characters, but it didn't end well: someone loses interest, someone else is more busy than expected, someone has other issues, and the story straggles, gets dispersive and risks a disappointing ending. Maybe I've been unlucky, I see that other games go on smoothly. But for this one, I thought of an episodic structure. We sketch in a OOC topic how the episode will unfold, then we roleplay it in the main page. Not every single episode must involve every single character, if a player's busy or needs to refresh her energy, she can pause for one or two episodes and then come back with renewed enthusiasm and cool ideas! Some episodes will involve only the family, others might and will involve a supporting cast (remember the TV show? Burglars, runaways, cops, salesmen, and many more!).

6. I think that every player should use a single main character, but for the supporting cast we might allow more characters. If a player wants to use supporting characters only, she might use as many as she wants, changing it every episode or have recurring ones too. The main roles will be:

Wife: the real head of the family! I'll have to trade some private messages with the Wife player to work on interesting details, like our hobbies and shared interests (in the original show Gomez and Tish practiced fencing, for example).

Older and younger son/daughter: they'll share a lot of fun ad games, and of course their age will follow Elliquiy rules, so they'll need to be much older than the original Pugsley and Wednesday.

Uncle or aunt: will cover Fester's role. Might be the husband's brother/sister, as in the movies, or the wife's uncle/aunt. This character is probably more insane than the others...

Granmother or granfather: wife's mom/dad. Sort of witch or warlock, who brews potions in his cauldron and experiments with bizarre artifacts and spells, sometimes making a huge mess that could kick-start an episode. We could use this character if we want some supernatural effect!

Butler or maid: Lurch is an iconic character, but we don't need to limit our fantasy to his towering Frankenstein Monster like appearance. It can be very different or a female maid too, if a player wants that. It could have a funny catchphrase (YOU RAAANG?), but of course it's not mandatory at all!

Thing: well... I really don't know. A disembodied body part is lots of fun in a move, but in a roleplay... I don't know. Feel free to create.

Supporting roles: they are legion. More or less distant relatives (Lurch's mom, Morticia's sister, cousin Itt, ...) or strangers. The episodes cast a lot of people. We can help a gay guy get closer with his homophobic parents, or convert a burglar to earn his living honestly, or correct a crooked politician's behavior, convince a racist to rethink his hate filled life, sky's the limit. Sex will be the way, of course. And of course, following the original Addams social criticism, the family will be always on the open minded, progressive, egalitarian, LGBTQ friendly, anti racist, feminist side (and so on).

7. Addams family comics, TV show and movies will help a lot to get in the mood, of course.

8. A couple of posts a week will be fine.

9. Sexual activity will be intense. I'm thinking around three sex scenes per episode, more or less.

Please let me know if anyone's interested. And in which role. If we gather a well assorted group, I'll post a more complete recruiting page and submit a "character sheet", sort of, and we'll work on the details.

For now, we're here:

HUSBAND - Nameless One
WIFE -
SON - nailcrosser
DAUGHTER -
AUNT/UNCLE - nailcrosser
MAID/BUTLER - Twisted in Tux / Anna Katrine
THING (???) - Twisted in Tux
SUPPORTING CAST (Specify, please) -
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Sally Aces

Love, love, love this idea and would so be into being the Mother in this wild and wicked family. I'll shoot you a PM in a few Nameless, but a quick question. Are you looking for us to take on the look of the original family or can we choose face claims that work and are more modern? I get that we want the same creepy, gothic vibe but I thought it could be fun to update things. Thoughts?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

hiddenwithin

Love this idea as well!

I'd love to pick up Wednesday or perhaps Margaret Alford who marries Cousin Itt?

Also, did you see this show: Hemlock Grove? Made me think of Addams Family and I was sooo sad when they didn't renew it again!

yesiroleplay

This is a hilarious idea!

Thing could be <Uncle's> actual, uh, thing!  Which actively evades capture and reattachment.  Is occasionally caught, but always manages to escape again...
Probably not a viable character concept, but it's a giggle-worthy idea.

hiddenwithin

Quote from: yesiroleplay on April 04, 2017, 12:32:11 PM

Thing could be <Uncle's> actual, uh, thing!  Which actively evades capture and reattachment.  Is occasionally caught, but always manages to escape again...

*dies laughing*

Oh, that one is hilarious! Love it! I suddenly see  it inch-worming around the house now.  XD

Top Cat

Somewhat interested. I could pick up the Son or Uncle roles. 8-)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

yesiroleplay

You know what needs to get thrown into this?
Some Gravity Falls!  Yeah, that's what!

Chreestafer

I'm loving this concept!

placing a book mark here to see who else may play :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Nameless One

Thank you all for expressing your interest! I'll try to answer all questions at my best.

Quote from: Sally Aces on April 04, 2017, 09:59:45 AM
Love, love, love this idea and would so be into being the Mother in this wild and wicked family. I'll shoot you a PM in a few Nameless, but a quick question. Are you looking for us to take on the look of the original family or can we choose face claims that work and are more modern? I get that we want the same creepy, gothic vibe but I thought it could be fun to update things. Thoughts?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for bringing this out Sally, I forgot to mention this very important detail! ::) Well, in my imagination, we don't play the Original Characters. And of course we won't be the Addams, just heavily inspired by them. I think we should pick another family name, and create characters who look and behave in a more modern way, always keeping their morbid and hilariously insane style.

Quote from: yesiroleplay on April 04, 2017, 12:32:11 PM

Pure gold! I KNEW this community would create some awesome ideas! I'm laughing hard now! We'll call him Dong! BEWARE OF THE DONG!

And I happily registered your interest too, Top Cat and Chreestafer, mild or strong as it is! Thank you!
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

yesiroleplay

Winona Ryder playing the role of Lydia Deetz (from Beetlejuice) seems a great face claim for this.  also she had the line "live people ignore the strange and unusual. I myself am strange and unusual."
Which is he only line I remember from the movie.

Nameless One

Well friends, I guess we gathered almost all the Interest we could in this days. I'll just let the topic simmer here for the weekend, hoping for someone else to join our family, and then we'll decide what to do.

Ons and Offs

Sally Aces

I'm always open to getting things started then opening recruitment threads. That way we can get people into a story going ahead with velocity :)

Mystic Dragon

Interest in playing a male high school aged cousin of the family visiting for the year or newly orphaned. More "normal" upbringing but solid family instincts and hobbies, not unlike Uncle Fester coming home in the first movie.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Sally Aces

Oooo, interesting... you might want to give him a pathology (teen pyro, apprentice psychopath, servant of the Elder Dark - Dark metal and satanism anyone?)

Mystic Dragon

Lol- he has several, but he's in the closet with the less addams'y upbringing. His biggest is being a gifted amateur perv >:)

Anna Katrine

This sounds like a really  neat idea. I wouldnt mind playing the maid/butler of the house.
Also if I remember correctly, in the cartoon they had a normal neighbour who sold underwear. It could be pretty funny to genderbend him to a lovely lady selling lingerie and offering samples to the family.
That could at least be an idea for an episode?

Mystic Dragon

The neighbors in the cartoon are the Normanmeyers, my character idea is partly inspired by their son NJ who is friends with Pugsley and Wednesday and who successfully moonlighted once as "Cousin Mumbles."

Having someone excessively and aggressively "normal" in the game/set can make for a good backdrop about how weird "normal" people really are :p

Sally Aces

Ok, I think I've set on a Face Claim: Desdemona de'Ville which has helped me settle on a take on the 'mom' I like.

Inspired by her black wing tattoos, I'm thinking Mom is a Fallen Angel, one of Lucifer's own. As she fell she twisted and raged, and was able to Fall to Earth not Hell. Her love for her husband is absolute and wickedly passionate, serving as a further anchor to this world. She balances on a knife's edge, wanting to forward the cause of the vile host she's a part of but at the same time not wanting to be too good at it knowing that when Lucifer rises, the party's over and then what would happen to her family.

Sound good?

Nameless One

Sounds awesome! Thanks for your interesting ideas for characters and episodes, folks. I'm going to write a recruitment topic in the next few days. Stay tuned!

Oh and for myself, i was toying with the idea of using Viggo Mortensen

Ons and Offs

Nameless One

I'm really sorry people, but I have to freeze this project for a couple of weeks, I'm going to be away for work for some time. Again, I'm sorry, I hope I'll be able to restart the thing when I'm back.

Ons and Offs

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Nameless One on April 30, 2017, 02:57:04 AM
I'm really sorry people, but I have to freeze this project for a couple of weeks, I'm going to be away for work for some time. Again, I'm sorry, I hope I'll be able to restart the thing when I'm back.

It's a shame I'm only noticing this now just as the concept is being put on hold. I'm certainly going to bookmark this and ponder a character with the hopes that this does indeed take off. I'd love to be the butler, although it looks like that may have already been claimed. Can there be a butler and a maid? Only time will tell, I suppose. I wouldn't mind giving Dong a spin too. *smirk* I think that would be a challenging but fun dong, er, thing to write! I wouldn't be apposed to taking on a host of secondary characters, too. Man, there are so many possibilities to consider!

Cheers,
Tony

Nameless One

Ok, it took me far, far more than a few weeks. Damn. But I'd like to defrost this project and see if people are still interested.

Ons and Offs

Twisted iN Tux

Still very interested. Would love to play the Butler, Thing or Both!

Anna Katrine

nailcrosser

Great idea. Interested in son or uncle but open to anything.