News:

Main Menu

Sunday's Child

Started by Beguile's Mistress, August 02, 2012, 03:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

I'm reading a book by Fern Michaels called "Tuesday's Child."  The name reminded me of a poem

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

I'm Sunday's child most of the time. and I know others who live up to the ditty for the day they were born.

Which day do you belong to; which day of the week were born?  Do you live up to the description in the poem and if not which day most describes you? 

How about family, friends, co-workers?

Lilias

I'm a Tuesday's child, go figure... but whether I fit with the description in the poem depends on one's perception of grace (and I usually add that said perception had better be pretty broad! :P).

If one looks at the theory of ruling planets, though, I'm spot on.

My son, on the other hand, is a Thursday's child and he already has gone as far as I have been. Only he's managed that in 4 years, while it's taken me 40. :P
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Izu

I'm a Sunday baby. Bonny - nope. Blithe - nope. Good - yes-ish. Gay... *grins*

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Izzie Aditi

Another one born on Tuesday here...I don't think the first word people would describe me with, is "graceful". I think Saturday fits me better, I've always had to work very very hard for everything in life. Not always the most fun, but it's taught me a lot.

Maybe the grace will come *crosses fingers*
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Starlequin

Heh, I'm a Tuesdayer here, as well. I suppose it fits, although about the only grace anyone has ever said I've demonstrated has been under fire, lol. Handy in a crisis, useless anywhere else. ::) Personally though, I think Wednesday and Thursday fit me pretty well, too.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Callie Del Noire

Born on a Saturday.. but don't fit the mold.. as usual. Just like I'm supposedly a Virgo.. meh.

Morrowclaw

I do work hard. Thank Saturday  :-\
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Kimhi

Wednesday here!  Not particularly fond of the result hehe.

Looking the other options over Saturday does feel pretty relevant, if you changed a word around ( disclaimer: just finished a shift, so probably a little bias).  I do work fairly hard for my money.

But maybe that's connected to the whole woe thing....

Being a Wednesday girl is harsh hehe

Jag

I'm a Friday. If the people I work with have anything to say about it, then yes, I am loving and giving.

The baby is a Thursday. She's only three, so yeah, she does have far to go.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment