News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Last Laugh

Started by Tanglefoot, January 26, 2009, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanglefoot

Ok so I have started to write a post a bunch of times about this story and have gotten to worked up in the setting. The fact is that I don't want to build the setting to much before I have my players. I know most times people come out with a very developed idea but I have never worked that way. I need the players as well. So I am just going to give you a general plot and setting. See if anyone out there has an interest.

The setting is steam punk. Now it can either be on an alternate Earth where steam power dominated science and changed history, or in a world I have already built that has more magic elements (fae and monsters) that are in conflict with the rise of steam and industry. It doesn't really matter to much, what is important is that the world has Airships. One of these airships is called The Last Laugh. Back in the day the Last Laugh was like a traveling circus. They had a stage in the back of the ship where they would put on shows. There was a sideshow inside the ship where people could see oddities from around the world. (Now either these shows were pretty tame, or they were racey and kinky...that is up to the group.) The ship made most of its money on its shows as it traveled the world but it was not above a few acts of piracy or smuggling to get by.

Everything was going fine until the ship docked in a city right as it went to war with its neighbor. The city shut down its borders and declared that no ship could leave or enter. The crew of the Last Laugh were stuck and have been for years. Everyone on the crew had to find new jobs in the city and just wait for the war to end.

Then ten years later the captain of the ship Pellucid Joss dies in a bar fight. In his will he gives his ship The Last Laugh to those in his crew he trusted the most (that would be us the players). The old group gets together but the only problem is that there ship is still held by the city. One of the group has some underworld connections that leads them to hatch a plan.

What follows is up to the group. My ideal would be for this to be a campy, adventure heavy story about a crew of people that are all a little strange. I would love for there to be some sex, kink and romance filled in there. I would really love if some poly relationship stuff could be explored as well. I would play one of the characters and come up with lots of the plot, but everyone would have a voice. I am thinking a core group of players no bigger than five.

So let me know what you think.
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

undisclosedtoyou

OK wow this game really interests me, I hope others get interested in it also ;D
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Tanglefoot

Based on the limited interest so far we are going with a dark sexual twist to this game. The Last Laugh use to put on elaborate fetish shows and there freaks were all a little bit kinky. In some areas that was embraced and in other places it was fought against. I think it would be fun to have conflicts with some sort of repressive force that hates the Last Laugh because they are a little bit naughty.

I promise this game will have adventure, sex and drama. I have two players and I would love three more. Every player will have a say on the final setting so message me soon.
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

BigBuckBob

Interested.

[idea]
And I think it would add to the drama of the escape, and to the explanation of why they broke up to begin with, if this town was one of those who did not publicly embrace the kinks. Over the years tho, the crew probably found some interesting niches underground.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Tanglefoot

yeah that is kind of the idea we are going with in general. We are thinking of setting this in an alternate earth in the 19th century. The British Empire was the first to develop steam tech so their great empire never really fell. They control all of what would be the united states and the smaller European nations have similar smaller empires. Also a Victorian/purity vibe is dominating Europe so our group would always been on the run.

We have a crossdressing MC for the shows and a lady who hangs herself on hooks.....but we need more crew so send me a message with a character idea.

consortium11

Just posting to say the crew now has a dark magician/illusionist (slight of hand/limited magic depending on the level of magic agreed on) weaving his wicked ways on the Last Laugh.

undisclosedtoyou

yay!! welcome consortium

*grins*

It'll be fun to play with you here

*wink*
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

consortium11

Thank you kindly my dears.

*bows and winks*

undisclosedtoyou

ooh I was thinking shall we post our character bio here, so that all the players could get some back ground on everyone?  or maybe emry wants to create a character thread?

*bites lip*

I really want to see what everyone else's characters will be like

*smiles prettily*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Tanglefoot

Here is a place for those who have been approved to post their bio.....if you folks know of a few ladies to balance the crew out that would be nice.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29150.0

slavemarkira

I'm interested. going to pm you with my character idea
Ons and Offs
Rabbithole
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?

Aysleen

Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Tanglefoot

well I think we have a crew. I will post setting info soon and sometime this weekend we will try to get things started.

consortium11

Tanglefoot