The Team (Super, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 21, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

Looks good AndyZ, though I am debating a bit about the weakness.  I might prefer you add an additional one or two, line of sight or such. 

I am still accepting a couple more Ghostraven.

AndyZ

Okay, let me see what else I can come up with for weaknesses.  I'll think on it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Alright, I'm thinking that she constantly radiates her emotions as well.  That means that whenever she has a sufficient emotional state beyond just being calm, it "shines" from her to affect others.  People find themselves feeling a little angry, or sad, or lustful or whatever when she does.  Usually it's not by a great amount, but people who are aware of their own emotional state would be able to use this in order to recognize what she's really feeling, as well as determine if she's faking an emotion.

Would that be a sufficient extra weakness or would you want more?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Vaulera

What I am noticing is not so much weaknesses in your characters, it's flaws, the radiating of emotions and the decreasing of finesse but increasing of power aren't really going to decrease or affect any part of her victory, if anything they would help. Maybe make her not very good around crowds, a common psychic weakness, because she needs some sort of weakness that would let her be defeated in battle.

Ghostraven

Ok; I'll have a character up later tonight.

TTYL

Ghostraven

jaybee55

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 22, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
I suppose I could accept a Villainess (and maybe a male Villain or two) if that is what people wanted to play.  However, they would need to understand that they would eventually lose.  You might escape, might have temporary victories, but your character won't be a main focus of the story (and probably wouldn't always be active). 

This may be sort of last minute, but...

I've been wanting to play a "super" lately, but I'm really not up for a long-term gig - at least not yet.  Thought about posting a one-shot request, but actually I think I'd prefer (and kick out of) playing a villain under the conditions you describe.  Sort of a fleshed-out NPC bad guy who does guest shots at the the GMs discretion, right?  I wouldn't expect a lot of "screen time", would be happy to set up plot points at your direction, and you could even kill me off at some point to add drama.  Plus I love to play super-villains :-)

Let me know if this sounds at all workable to you.
Ons and Offs (incomplete)

ivygrowth

Pretty much what Vaulera said.  Something like her getting overwhelmed by strong thoughts/emotions might work better than her showing her emotional state. 

Sounds good Ghostraven

That would be fine jaybee55.  Did you have anything specific in mind for your character?  If so, feel free to either post it here or PM me. 

AndyZ

Quote from: Vaulera on May 24, 2012, 06:33:00 PM
What I am noticing is not so much weaknesses in your characters, it's flaws, the radiating of emotions and the decreasing of finesse but increasing of power aren't really going to decrease or affect any part of her victory, if anything they would help. Maybe make her not very good around crowds, a common psychic weakness, because she needs some sort of weakness that would let her be defeated in battle.

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 24, 2012, 08:36:59 PM
Pretty much what Vaulera said.  Something like her getting overwhelmed by strong thoughts/emotions might work better than her showing her emotional state. 

Okay, I think I get what you're saying.  When you say flaw, you mean some defect to the power which doesn't necessarily affect combat, but a true weakness would be something which could work against her in all situations and wouldn't even be truly dependent upon the power?

I could see getting overwhelmed by strong emotions.  If she's around someone distraught, it might strike into her and leave her in a similarly messed up state.  I'm not sure I'd want to play that, though; it'd get difficult to manage if every time someone else had an emotion, she had it also.

I'll drop the other ideas and see what else comes to mind.  Maybe I'll get something good when I sleep.  However, if I'm changing that weakness, I'll probably also alter things so that she hasn't already accidentally killed someone, and instead just did something crafty.

My original idea was that villains might realize this stuff about her emotions, thus getting her into situations where she needs finesse but making her so angry that she ends up just pounding the walls, but I think I can see how that's not a complete weakness to her very being, and the radiating emotions wouldn't mean too much.

Thanks for putting up with me as I figure this out ^_^

jaybee55

I had something like this in mind.

Name: Edmund Swayne
Alias: Python
Appearance:
  • As a civilian: 6' 2" tall, 175 lbs, dark wavy brown hair, dark eyes, muscular but lean, aristocratic features,  always well groomed and flashily dressed.
  • As a super: Scaly gold skin with a bold black pattern, head like a cross between man and snake (body humanoid), red eyes, forked tongue.  Wears a black and gold body suit that matches the skin patterns underneath.  The suit has a built-in heating system for cold days (heater can run continuously for 6 hours before running out of power).
Personality: Snobbish, clever, fairly well educated... but classic euro-trash.  A little crazy: Convinced that he's "superior".  Because of his upbringing (see History) he also imagines himself to be a Robin Hood style villain, and does actually give a significant percentage of what he steals to the poor - but not enough to cut into his lavish lifestyle of course.  He also only robs/cons/kidnaps/extorts those he thinks can afford it.
History: Edmund is the bastard son of a Russian crime boss (now deceased) and an English bar maid.  Raised in poverty by his mother - only knowing his father by name - he grew up devoted to her, but with a chip on his shoulder because what he saw as undeserved poverty.  Having some success in school he was encouraged to go to college, which he did, training to be a mechanical engineer.  Shortly after graduation his mother died of cancer.  Angry and bitter Edmund refused to pursue engineering as a career and instead became a thief and con man, determined to take what he wanted from the world.  After a long crime spree the authorities caught up with him.  He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.  In prison he met a small-time enforcer who worked for the UK branch of a Russian crime syndicate.  After learning everything he could about the organization itself, and about his father, he managed to escape from prison and make his way to Moscow.  His intention was to join the family business, but by the time he got there the boss (his father) had been assassinated by his number two man - who then became the new boss.  Unwilling to risk a return to the UK, and knowing he would be killed if he presented himself to the syndicate, he resumed his life of crime; this time in Moscow.  One night while attempting to rob an illegal cloning lab, he was caught and subdued by a brilliant but highly unstable scientist.  The scientist, a reptile expert, ran painful experiments on Edmund for weeks, using engineered viruses to replace some of his genes with snake genes.  Once his powers started to manifest he escaped and fled to the US, convinced that he could make a fortune using his new abilities.  As a cover he set himself up as the CEO of a small engineering firm.  Although he intended the business to be little more than a front, it has actually prospered.  As a criminal he engages almost exclusively in large thefts, extortion, and kidnapping (he has successfully kidnapped and ransomed other supers in the past).  He is willing to team up with others if the payoff seems good enough.
Super Power #1: Super strength (especially when "crushing" an opponent), bullet-proof skin, ultra-quick first strike (when prepared), enhanced reflexes (only if the temperature is above 15c), can see into the infrared (body head, etc.).  Also wears a "utility belt" with a variety of nasty surprises.
Super Power #2: Paralyzing venom delivered via bite.
Note: Edmund has no powers in human form, but can morph into his super form in just a few seconds.  He often uses his engineering abilities to execute his crimes and has been known to set traps for both police and other supers. 
Weakness: Extremely low tolerance to cold.  Becomes sluggish when temperature drops below 4c, and can't stay awake below 0c.  This applies to both super and "normal" forms.

Ghostraven

Ok; here is what I have let me know if anything needs to be changed.  I tried to keep her from being too powerful though she may still be too super-powered. :-)

Name: Mecha
Alias: Cassandra 'Cassy' Blake

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120
Hair: Black (her costume tints her hair blue)
Eyes: Green (her eyes change to icy blue when she uses her powers)

Appearance: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1502976

Personality: She can be a bit of a spoiled brat now and then but Cassy, as she prefers to be called, is usually happy and outgoing, she wants to be everyone’s friend. She tends to act before thinking through a situation or the consequences her actions might have.

History: Cassandra Blake was born to William and Amanda Blake; the founders of Blake Technologies who are known for their work as a defense contractor for the Government. She is their only child and has always had most anything she ever wanted, including a pony.
Her family have a vacation house on the lake where she is currently staying.
She breezed through collage and graduated with a degree in advanced computer sciences and is expected by her parents to eventually start working for the company. Her parents don’t know that she is a super heroine; they just think that she is taking a year off before coming to work for them.
She gained her powers over technology when she  found a piece of mysterious crystal that crumbled into dust when she touched it, She was holding her laptop when she touched the crystal and was amazed that she was able to suddenly access her computer even though it wasn’t on.
She experimented with her new found powers learning that she could not only talk to computers but that she could manipulate machines basically in any way she could imagine. She attempted to make a real costume like the other heroes that were appearing but her sewing skills were lacking which is when she hit upon the idea to make her costume from her lap top and hence Machine Girl…Nahh...Mecha Girl? maybe…Mecha was born. She joined the Team after having several minor solo ventures while she finally settled on her hero identity of Mecha.

Super Power #1: Technomancer: Cassy can manipulate technology and machines commanding and controlling anything form a can opener to a jumbo-jet. She can power and even repair devices just by touching them. She also has an almost instant knowledge of how the touched device works allowing her to make mundane repairs and improvements to devices as well as using her power to then manipulate the device.
Her abilities also let her hack computer systems effortlessly as she can not only manipulate the software but she can commandeer the hardware as well. Curiously it is harder for her to manipulate a simple machine than it is some cutting edge device. She can’t manipulate non-electronic devices that don’t have moving parts. So she couldn’t do anything with a knife or a hammer but she could cause a cross bow to cock and fire. It is unclear why given the apparent nature of her power she can’t simply make a knife into a something else but this may be something that she eventually learns.

Super Power #2: Technomancy: Cassy can transform the form and function of a device. She can’t change the actual mass of the machine but she seems to have a limited ability to change the material properties of the device via an ability to psychokinetically restructure matter. She can make a car into a robot or a cell phone into a laser or vice versa but the cell phone robot would only be six inches high and weight half a pound. She can’t create explosives or chemicals but she could create rail guns and eventually energy weapons, the mass for any projectiles needs to come from the available mass of the device. Machines that she manipulates remain their changed form but may no longer operate or operate in a favorable manner once she is no longer directly controlling them. So while a car that she added guns to would still work as a car, the guns wouldn’t work; but the car she changed into a robot would be a just a mass of rearranged metal and plastic.

Weakness: Currently she needs to remain in physical contact with the device that she is manipulating, thought she can use a tether to connect her physically with a device that she is manipulating, she also can only manipulate a single device at a time. However her costume which she usually creates out of her laptop seems to indicate that she can with practice maintain multiple machine manipulations at once. She and her machines are susceptible to electrical attacks particularly as she is almost always in physical contact with them. The size of the device that she controls is also related to the level of concentration that is required. While she can control a small car sized device with little effort controlling a passenger jet would require a considerable amount of her concentration and focus and something the larger would probably be beyond her current abilities.
It also requires time to manipulate a machine with more time for more extensive alterations. So hacking a phone or computer would take seconds making a car into a robot would take minutes.

Ons: FF/FM/FFF/FMM, tentacles, futa, bondage

Offs: Mutilation, impregnation, torture

Player Limits: Mutilation, Scat, Hard Vore, Gore, Death

ivygrowth

I wasn't specific on what I wanted for weaknesses, sorry.  But yeah, it should be something that is a fairly major way to get at her or to limit her powers.

Looks good jaybee55, though he may have trouble in winter.  I'll try to think of a good way to bring him in.

Looks good Ghostraven, as long as she is limited to touch it should be fine.  How did you see her interacting with the internet, telephones, etc?

Muse

:)  Okay! I've got it now!  Sorry to take so long, and I hope I'm not too late! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostraven

For the internet she could operate as a super hacker, thought to actually use her powers she would have to be physically touching a device that was hardwired into the internet and whatever she was trying to access would also need to be hardwired into the internet other wise she would just be a really skilled hacker but not unstoppable like she would be if she physically touch the device.
She could I suppose use a land line to manipulate the phone at the other end into something, but who uses a land line any more.  :P
I would think that trying to operate a device so far away would require a lot of concentration and effort, so maybe anything over a few miles away would be beyond her current ability to manipulate or manipulate for very long.

I'm open to other suggestions on her powers.

So is something like what Python looks like jaybee55?

Muse

Name:  Connie Novia

Alias: Spark

Appearance:  Connie is a tall and athletic young woman with long, straight black hair, pretty, willowy features, and dark blue eyes.  To her mingled delight and dismay, none of these features manage to draw a quarter so much attention as her massive, remarkably pert breasts.  She says it aggravates her, but frequently wears low necklines…

Personality:  Quite and spiritual but cheerful and bold, Connie is currently threatening to go wild in experiencing the freedom of college. 

History:  A cheerful girl from a conservative family known for studying hard, singing in the catholic church choir, and practicing gymnastics.  Since coming to college in Dream Lake, she has enjoyed the freedom to define herself outside of her parents’ expectations. 
   At a party on the lake in her first semester, she almost lost her virginity to a boy in her study group.  At the last moment, she chickened out and left the poor boy hard to take a walk down the beach and catch her breath.  She felt particularly guilty that the lad had done so much for her and she hadn’t properly reciprocated.  Maybe she could give him a blow job… 
   Turning to go back and try to make things right in that fashion, she noticed a soft blue glow under a pier.  She looked down, then reached out and drew back a glowing blue crystal. 
   A shock shot through her body and she passed out. In the semester since, she’s learned she can generate electrical charges and teleport by phone lines. 

Super Power #1:  Electricity control:  Spark can generate electrical arcs and control existing electricity like a “Bender.” 
Super Power #2:  Storm Rider:  By turning herself into electricity, she can travel at great speeds through phone and power lines.  So far she’s learned to do this by calling a landline phone at her destination and jumping in one receiver and out the other. 
Weakness:  Grounded metal—such as cell bars--can block her attacks.  Touching copper to her skin shorts her powers out.  Simply wearing a copper ring would render her normal. 

Player Ons:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16
Player Offs:
Player Limits:
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

jaybee55

Quote from: Ghostraven on May 25, 2012, 12:40:51 AM
So is something like what Python looks like jaybee55?

Nice one Ghostraven!  He doesn't have claws, and his coloring is different, but that's really close to what I had in mind.

jaybee55

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 25, 2012, 12:10:19 AM
Looks good jaybee55, though he may have trouble in winter.  I'll try to think of a good way to bring him in.

Thanks ivy :-)  I'm going to do a few edits to the character sheet (personality stuff, not powers).  And once the game starts I'll follow the thread(s) so that I know what's going on.  That way you can just drop me a PM whenever you want Python to appear.

Good point about winter.  I figure he either tries to stay indoors or wears some sort of heated body suit when he absolutely needs to go out (I'll edit the character sheet accordingly).

Wolfy

I wonder, are there anymore superhero spots open? <3

AndyZ

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 25, 2012, 12:10:19 AM
I wasn't specific on what I wanted for weaknesses, sorry.  But yeah, it should be something that is a fairly major way to get at her or to limit her powers.

How about sensory overload?  She has a difficult time with large amounts of flashing lights, noises and the like, because overstimulation of her five senses messes with the rest?  Strobes and flashbangs would be more than enough to stop her.

Teo Torriatte

Edited character to include O&O's

Wolfy

Name: Sarah Conner
Alias: Touch
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Sarah is a fun loving young woman who likes to go out with friends and simply have a fun time. She's full of life, naturally, though that is mostly do to her powers. Not one to make a plan, Sarah generally rushes into things head first, whether they are dangerous or not, and relies on her own abilities to get her out of sticky situations.
History:
Super Power #1: Life Force Manipulation. Sarah is able to use her own life-force (Or the life force of others if need be) to create constructs, which include weapons, shields, and even complex things like tools.
Super Power #2: Life Force Absorption. She is able to absorb the life force energy of other beings, though doing so will leave them in a weakened state. If she takes all of their life force, they will become a wasted husk. She does this simply by touching them.
Weakness:

Being that Sarah's powers are based on Life Force, or the supernatural energy that keeps one alive, if she uses too much of her own, she will become weaker, and also begin to prematurely age, forming wrinkles, gray hair, etc. This can, however, be reversed by absorbing the life energy of someone else, or is reversed naturally by time as her body recovers naturally.

Also, her second weakness, is that she can't turn off her powers. Her power of life-force absorption means that anyone she touches is slowly drained of their own life energy, though this drain is very, very minor. She would have to spend days touching the person in question to fully drain them at her natural rate, though she is able to increase the rate of absorption to a point that it takes only one hour to kill a normal person.
Player Ons: FF/FM/FFM/FMM/FFFFMMMM. Mostly anything.
Player Offs: Torture, Scat, Gore, Death, impregnation.
Player Limits: Torture, Death, Gore, Scat.

(Now I just need to flesh out the history...<_<>_>)

Thorn14

I may be tempted to make a character.  :-)

Ghostraven

Hi Wolfy,
I don't think Touch's weaknesses are the kind of weakness that Ivy is looking for the characters to have. She's basically looking for something that negates their superpower. So like copper takes Spark out or no devices makes Mecha just a girl in a sexy suit.  ;)

TTYL

Ghostraven

jaybee55

Made a few edits to "Python" (see my post above).

@Ghostraven - Thanks again for finding the picture... a little imagine manipulation and voila!

Ghostraven

cool  :-) Glad I could help Jaybee.

Thorn14

i'm thinking of a college student who can manipulate shadows into becoming physical objects.

What would be good weaknesses?