What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxy Vae

Deadpool 2, because I'm obsessed with Zazie Beetz right now.

Mimetisme

Golden Girls... half watching really.
♦ A&A/Post Tracker Updated 03-19-2020 (1 of 9 posts owed)
♦ O/O STILL Under massive reconstruction
POSTING RATE: A few hours - 72 Hours, excluding weekends.
(I vanish Friday nights & return Monday at some point, generally)

☙≈ Ons & Offs
☙≈ A&A, Chat & Post Tracker

Merry Gentry

“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Silo

Katiana

Silo

Wolfgang the dragon

AmberStarfire

Yeti

Current status: Available and looking!
Story ideas page coming soon...I hope!

Yeti-nomicon (O/O), Yeti Calls and Creations (Music and Art), Playful Yeti (Story Ideas), Yeti Tales (Storiytelling), Elusive Yeti (A&A)

Ashryver

An anime called Space Brother, which is about two brother who want to become astronauts and succeed, though getting into space is a bit harder. One of my other partners is currently on a Sailormoon rewatch and is making me consider doing one of my own.

Katiana

Ladies who do, a 1960's British Comedy that Amazon recommended for me.

Yeti

Current status: Available and looking!
Story ideas page coming soon...I hope!

Yeti-nomicon (O/O), Yeti Calls and Creations (Music and Art), Playful Yeti (Story Ideas), Yeti Tales (Storiytelling), Elusive Yeti (A&A)

Tolvo

People getting deflated in Vento Aureo for the Boat Battle scene after they've been struck by an enemy stand with a rapier that turns them into balloons.

Assassini

Just saw The Favourite at the cinema and as I'm currently bored I felt like writing out my thoughts.

Basically, the whole thing seems to have been made as Oscar bait. Some seriously stellar performances (Olivia Coleman can do no wrong really and Emma Stone is great), along with some cinematography which my limited understanding suggests is extremely interesting and well done. Add in a dose of clever writing and intrigue along with the "indie" budget and the whole thing smacks of something designed for the Academy.

It was also absolutely dreadful from an enjoyment perspective. It's basically about a bunch of absolutely horrible, grotesque human beings with not one single redeeming quality between them. Every single one of them is out for themselves, vicious and manipulative and just frankly terrible people.

Given that I feel every form of art is supposed to make us feel something, the intention here seems to have been to make you as uncomfortable as possible. The film used these crazy wide-angled shots which make everything seem slightly alien and distorted. The music was horrifically and deliberately jarring. Plus then add in all the characters and their actions and you just leave feeling vaguely disgusted.

So, yeah, they achieved what they wanted I reckon and I guess I can appreciate that from an artistic stand-point. I still maintain it's a terrible film though. Especially because through all that horribleness, it didn't really seem to be saying anything or making any point other than "people are terrible".

On the bright side it sounds like it's a completely distorted and almost certainly completely untrue version of actual history. So that's something at least!

Silo

Merry Gentry

Game of thrones - started at Season 1 last week, already on Season 4! 
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Tolvo

Watching Northernlion and friends mess about in Minecraft. It's quite a melodrama of people arguing.

AmberStarfire

Wyld and I watched some Angel and Millennium.

StoryDaddy

House of Cards.... I couldn't focus to watch Bandersnatch.

Silo

UNDER THE SILVER LAKE movie. If you enjoyed it, try Daniel Clowes' comic LIKE A VELVET GLOVE CAST IN IRON

Lady Shadow

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

GnothiSeauton

The Count of Monte Cristo. Forgot how good of a movie it is.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Silo

The first two episodes of THE ORVILLE, second season... Didn't enjoy them that much...

AmberStarfire