Looking for something other than fantasy

Started by shadowheart, November 30, 2005, 04:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Amberghylles

So is that a volunteer to run this or dibs on being the head of the xenolab?

ZK

People come up with a definate answer on what you want and I could perhaps run it.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

shadowheart

Zulo-kitty, I want to see an RP with human interaction that is framed and defined by the alien invasion.  I think the XCOM idea can be the basis, but an original alien race and a near-future Earth that is perhaps fairly hard science in comparison with the high sci-fi tech of the aliens (but not too advanced so that human weapons can destroy alien vessels and kill aliens!)

I'm thinking Space: Above and Beyond more than Independence Day, if sci-fi movie / show references help at all.

ZK

Mmm, the general idea and comprimise of X-Com type game can take base where no one really needs to learn the canon just the concept. I could make it a system lite game. In other words, freeform with a bit more direction. So, no one really has to learn a dice system, just the history and such.

Mmm, near future will go. But like the X-Com series, people will be in the near future, their technology only slightly advanced then what we have now...and well, people will have to go on recon, recover and of course to Xenoengineering (Reverse Alien Engineering).

I could asign specific types of aliens along the way and add other sorts nice twists.

Of course the people would play as an actual agent instead of the NPC roles (like scientist) and such I'd have to fill.

If this appeals to anyone, please send feedback. ^_^

Celestial Goblin

shadowheart

Vandren

"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Tahiri Anashia

i'm interested in playing and posibly being co-dm for the game.  i've played all the XCOM games with the exception of Alliance (never released) and XCOM enforcer

ZK

The game isn't going to be X-Com and will not have any canon material. The concept of X-Com is what is being used.

Tahiri Anashia

RogueJedi

Elvi

Me is still interested.....

And hello sweetness how is my Rogue? They're not still being mean to you are they? *gives her a huge hug and a kiss*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

RogueJedi

Hello Elvi... i'm ok.

Yes, but i will deal with it for now......

Elvi

*sighs and gives Rogue a back rub, flips her over and gives her a front rub, then wraps her in cling film to keep her fresh*

RogueJedi

shadowheart

Fresh Rogue.  Yumm.  *gryn*

Good idea, Elvi .. *smiles* Keep her preserved ..

Welcome RogueJedi .. Looks like we're getting a good cast set up here. :D

Elvi

Yeah you have to keep the little ones fresh.....

RogueJedi

Elvi

Amberghylles

Faolan

I love X-COM. I would be interested in playing in that one absolutely.

Vandren

Is this still a possibility or has the idea died out?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

ZK

It's still a possibility. As for area. I'd suggest Exotic Freeform. Or Exotic System. The system although would be rather light. More of a type of guideline instead of a dice system like d20 and such.

shadowheart

I'm still interested, Vandren.  And DZK  .. I think Exotic system with a light system is probably best .. Freeform's good, but for a game like this, where conflict is inevitable, I think some kind of system would be best ....