Classic World of Darkness

Started by wander, March 01, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Really simple request, I'm seeking a GM who'd run a game of any of the classic World of Darkness lines so I could play in one. :)

It could be Vampire 20th, Werewolf 20th, Mage 20th, Changeling 20th, through to Wraith:the Oblivion, Hunter:the Reckoning, Mummy:the Resurrection, Kindred of the East, Demon:the Fallen or even Orpheus.

I have preference for the 20th anniversary lines for those gamelines that have one. Also it should go without saying though the game wanted is a system game, I know the settings of all these are rich, though I do not want to be in a freeform game, I want to use the dicebot here and see the system in play.

If you're interested in being a GM or wanting to play in one of the above games, please state your interest down below!

Bowen

I would be interested in this completely.

As far as preferences go I have to say it would be Vampire, Changeling, Demon the Fallen and Kindred of the East (all tied for first) but any of them would be cool.

Rook Seidhr

My interest depends strongly on the scenario and how often people are expected to post.

Blythe

So...a question for those wanting a V20 game--what sort of V20 game? Would there, perchance, be interest in an all-Setite chronicle or a Sabbat pack game?

AndyZ

Very curious about this all Setite idea...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wander

I'd like to go to Sabbat if there's a chance for it, I have a Tzimisce from the last time one almost occured.

Personal opinion, though I'd have thought an all-clan game may be a bit limiting. Though I'm not so much a fan of the Setite's tbh, for certain other clans I'd probably consider it (thinking Giovanni, Malks or Lasombra off the top of my head).

Rook Seidhr

An all-Setite game would be interesting (or all-Giovanni, or all-Tremere, or all-Malkavian).

I like Sabbat games in theory, but in practice they usually wind up the same way as evil-PC D&D games or Infernal Exalted games: ugly and trite. A group that could avoid the obvious traps would be wonderful.

wander

I for one don't power-play nor do I have fondness for PvP. The latter riles me in all honesty.

Bowen

I can do Sabbat. I have a Lassombra I've been wanting to play. And completely agree with you Wander, not a fan of pvp.

wander

Looks like there's most interest for the Sabbat Vampire 20 stuff, just need a GM to take it on.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: wander on March 14, 2018, 07:05:42 AM
I for one don't power-play nor do I have fondness for PvP. The latter riles me in all honesty.
It's more the gratuitous eeeeeebil and biting the heads off bunnies that bother me.

Blythe

Was thinking if I ran a Sabbat game, might emphasize more the 'rugged individualist' aspect of the Sabbat. Maybe newly Embraced Sabbat finding their place in a city and coming to terms with their new natures, maybe some exploration of the bonds created under their first Vinculum, something like that. Bit more of the sociopolitical and personal side of the Sabbat, less gratuitous evil for evil's sake (though in all fairness, they'll never be as tame as the Camarilla). Been holding off running something like this mostly because I haven't been sure if it would garner interest & haven't decided on a setting (though I've had my eye on the southeastern part of the USA or Mexico). Also want to be sure I can commit to running it, but it's been something I've wanted to GM for quite a bit.

*ponders*

Well, either that or a V20 Dark Ages game.

wander

I'd prefer the former greatly, Blythe. :)

I have a Tzimisce built up using their concept (body-modification artist). I can tweak the dots for them due to that concept depending on what level of character generation you'd go with if you did run the game.

Blythe

Any preference for a city/setting, wander?

If I don't pick a setting, I was seriously contemplating a 'traveling Sabbat pack' chronicle where the game is set up as a series of 'one-shots' where the pack has an adventure in one city & then moves on afterwards. Periodically destabilizing the city if it's a Camarilla one, bolstering it if it's a Sabbat one, or simply devoting time to personal forays & wants, which could or could not cause fun conflict with local mortal authorities. If I did this option, the starting city would probably be Miami, Florida, in the USA, but the group could hypothetically go anywhere after that. Was thinking about that sort of set up since a group of Sabbat trying to get used to their new natures might take to traveling pretty well, especially if they want to escape the trappings of their old mortal lives.

wander

No preference, plus I really dig that idea.  :-)

Bowen

Just going to say that 'agree with Wander' and Miami sounds good to me.

Blythe

For those interested, take a look at this world building thread here, please?

Let me know here in wander's thread if this is something y'all would dig playing. If so, I'll put up a formal interest check, probably looking for about 4 - 6 people.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Blythe on March 14, 2018, 01:25:16 PM
Was thinking if I ran a Sabbat game, might emphasize more the 'rugged individualist' aspect of the Sabbat. Maybe newly Embraced Sabbat finding their place in a city and coming to terms with their new natures, maybe some exploration of the bonds created under their first Vinculum, something like that. Bit more of the sociopolitical and personal side of the Sabbat, less gratuitous evil for evil's sake (though in all fairness, they'll never be as tame as the Camarilla).
Please run this.

Miami's good.

wander

Looks pretty good. :)

I'll use the Tzimisce I generated before, though check through and make sure when the time comes that they fit the character generation as noted in the world building thread. :)

Ideally myself I'd want (at least for my own character, so this all my own opinion) more leaning on the coming to terms with their vampirism and exploration of bonds rather than political courts intrigue. I would greatly enjoy personal scale though and exploring the feels.

Blythe

wander

Righto, let's see how we do with anything but Vampire then.

Still seeking an owod game. Any of the gamelines.