The Newest Piercing Sensation?

Started by Greenthorn, July 08, 2008, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

Okay, I am all for expressing oneself in whichever way one feels is necessary.  Tattoos, piercings, scarification, and the like are fine with me and when I see someone covered in such I don't cringe.  Actually there isn't much that -can- make me cringe...until now.

Eyelid Piercing

Piercings are cool (I have had my eyebrow pierced for 10 years now), but an eyelid?!  *winces*

Lithos

Heh, eyeball might have a bit of work in adjusting to that.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lithos on July 08, 2008, 06:45:35 PM
Heh, eyeball might have a bit of work in adjusting to that.

Ever get an eyelash in your eye? Or some dirt behind your contacts? *squirms and blinks and tears up*

Ket

I wonder sometimes if people take body modification a bit too far.

Though, I guess there is worse out there...
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Psi

I am not much into Body Mod's, although I don't blame you for cringing at that - I looked at it and went WTF before the page loaded.

Trieste

The cornea scratches ... gargh.

Then again, every piercing has its damage. Nipple piercings have been linked to mastitis. Tongue piercings aggravate peridontal disease. Don't even get me started on genital piercings.

Sabby

Hey, I really like that :) I'd see a doctor first, but I could definite get one if I had a pros opinion beforehand.

Shadowsire

*Cringes and Rubs his eyes* sorry but I dont like anything touching my eyes.   I am alright with other body mods but that just makes me shiver. 

Discord: Shadowsire#2706

Greenthorn

Quote from: Sabbat on July 09, 2008, 03:42:48 AM
Hey, I really like that :) I'd see a doctor first, but I could definite get one if I had a pros opinion beforehand.

I will admit...that it does look..cool...and I love the shock value of it...but seriously...

I know that no matter how tight I put the little ball on my piercing...there are mornings that I wake up and it's off.  If a ring piercing in your eyelid loosens...you're losing your eye!  Oh! Here's something else to swallow with a grimace...

I was playing with my child and my piercing somehow got caught on her shirt and she went to run away....needless to say there was a lot of blood and I am scarred (although it did not get pulled all the way out obviously)...imagine if your -eyelid- piercing got caught on something!  Eyelids are fairly thin...yeah...ripping your eyelid isn't very appealing to me *laughs*

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

GrinningHound

AAAAH!

I'm pretty squeamish.  This made me feel very queezy. :P  I can just....FEEL the cornea damage.

Then again, I am extra sensitive in this area because I have a corneal degenerating disease, so my corneas are already fragile, malformed, and irritable.

Talk about putting things in your eye, though, I've had a doctor go at my cornea with a knife to insert a piece of contact lense to help round out the curvature.  I was AWAKE during it and had to keep my eye still and staring at this knife.  Ugh.  Sick, it didn't hurt because of the anesthetic, but I could feel the blade TUGGING on my eye as it ran through it.

They did give me some pills to make me 'relaxed' though.  Felt like being slightly drunk. :P

TomSawyer

Wanna cringe some more?
I found this a while back when studying up on becoming a tattoo artist:

http://www.alternativelook.net/eyeball-tattoo/

"Tattooing your eye is not only possible, it's actually been performed for over 2,000 years (says BME), as it became popular and common in the 19th and 20th centuries to correct defects such as scarring and leucomas. It's actually much less common these days, as contacts cover up the same defects, and they're a lot less expensive and painful. "
TomSawyer's Ons and Offs

To accept sex and art together is to add to oneself, to be positive instead of negative. - William Rotsler

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: TomSawyer on July 11, 2008, 11:35:42 AM
Wanna cringe some more?

"Tattooing your eye is not only possible, it's actually been performed for over 2,000 years (says BME), as it became popular and common in the 19th and 20th centuries to correct defects such as scarring and leucomas. It's actually much less common these days, as contacts cover up the same defects, and they're a lot less expensive and painful. "

I found out that eye tating was possible on a CSI show. . .*laughs*  I thought it sounded painful!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

Quote from: TomSawyer on July 11, 2008, 11:35:42 AM
Wanna cringe some more?

I am just sqeamish about anything near my eyes haha...though the eye "gems" are awesome...but seriously..I go all teary eyed..literally..just seeing the pic of the needle -near- the eye...*blinks multiple times and decides that's enough of -this- thread for me*

ZK

I want my cybernetic implants now dammit. Not this! x.x

I want eyes that can shoot freakin' laser beams!
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Caity

Ow ow ow ow ow...

Noooooooooo!  That's just evil and disgusting.  I just had a contact v. eyelash battle.  I couldn't even imagine that.