Family Research Council - Comparing Lifestyles

Started by MasterMischief, June 08, 2012, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Comparing the Lifestyles of Homosexual Couples to Married Couples

I am spitting mad.  This showed up in another forum I like to visit as 'evidence' that anti-same sex marriage is not just a religious position.

Gah!  So mad.   >:(

Callie Del Noire

Wow.. that is a pretty awesome book cooking.

MasterMischief

Marriages vs. Relationships

Srsly?!  How can you not see through that?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MasterMischief on June 08, 2012, 08:40:55 PM
Marriages vs. Relationships

Srsly?!  How can you not see through that?

It's all in the presentation due. If you spin/phrase something to compare things the way they did.. you're going to make it a more negative outlook.

MasterMischief

The guy who posted it has apologized for the skewed data.  That is something, I guess.

TheGlyphstone

Counter by pointing out that marriage is the #1 leading cause of divorce. 100% of divorced couples were married, after all. :D

Florence

The "Family Research Council" is a joke. I've learned that almost any organization with the word "Family" in the name, is a load of crap. All they do is spew out anti-gay hatred, in the name of 'protecting families' with little-to-no factual basis at all.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

vtboy

Let's assume, just for shits and giggles, the integrity of the research and of the conclusion that homosexuals are less likely to be monogamous than heterosexuals and that their relationships are of shorter duration than "analogous" heterosexual relationsbips. The question that still would remain for me is "so what"?

MasterMischief

The argument is that stable families are the corner stone of our society.  Not that the argument means a damn thing.  It just sounds good and appeals to people on an emotional level.  The human race in general, and Christians specifically are in no danger of dying out any time soon.  Continuation of the species is not an immediate concern.  In fact, our current growth is rapidly out pacing our resources.  It might be beneficial to the species if there were fewer births for a while.

Then there is the 'naturual' argument which is just patently silly.  There is very little about our present lives that is natural.  And, homosexuality is found in nature, so double fail.

vtboy

Quote from: MasterMischief on June 09, 2012, 11:09:13 PM
The argument is that stable families are the corner stone of our society.  Not that the argument means a damn thing.  It just sounds good and appeals to people on an emotional level.  The human race in general, and Christians specifically are in no danger of dying out any time soon.  Continuation of the species is not an immediate concern.  In fact, our current growth is rapidly out pacing our resources.  It might be beneficial to the species if there were fewer births for a while.

Then there is the 'naturual' argument which is just patently silly.  There is very little about our present lives that is natural.  And, homosexuality is found in nature, so double fail.

Don't take my next question the wrong way, as I realize you are only explaining, rather than advocating, a position.

Assuming for argument's sake it is true that homosexual relationships, whether legally sanctioned or not, are less stable than heterosexual ones, still, what threat do the detractors of homosexuals perceive to the stability of the families of heterosexual couples? Do they fear that inside every domesticated heterosexual is a frothing homosexual, waiting only for legislative blessing to cast aside duty to spouse and spawn and give full vent to his or her repressed appetites? Or, is the concern that otherwise monogamous heterosexuals will now take the wanton homosexual relationship as their model of fideltiy?  I am generally disinclined to assume that homophobia is born of self-denial and self-loathing, but....

MasterMischief

Honestly, I think it is just the general acceptance of homosexuality.  They have been forced back and are scrambling to draw another line to regroup and push back.

If you want to know what your enemy fears, look at what he uses to frighten you.