Kalston Kamps - Superhero Gang War! [Now considering villains as well as heroes]

Started by Ramael, April 26, 2013, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemon Lime

Created in game I think would work. Like Avalon I'm TERRIBLE with names haha.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Ramael

You guys have just tweaked my fun button!

Having trouble with your superhero names? It's on!

Mvo-

Plasmette, Plasmetta (if you choose female char)

Phasor

Fusion

Plasma Player (for a sweet double PP logo, same applies for:) Plasma Pal (more sidekick-y name)

Lime- If you really wanna change, but I like Voltaic!

The Static Stunner

Stasis

Charge

Electromagnetta (bit too long)

Transista (or, for super cheese, the Transista Sister!)

Voltaica (simple change here)

Avalon-

Halo

Paragon

Seraph

The Saint

Guardian

Nephilim

Avalon29

I think I'm going to steal the name Seraph from your list of suggestions Ramael.

Lady Quixote

I do like alliteration but I don't think I can do Plasma Pal or Plasma Player...still it's better than what his name was originally; Hyper Plasma...I hated that name, so I played my character as not worrying about his secret identity.

Matt

Lemon Lime

haha Transista Sista made me laugh a little too hard. Maybe a bad guy will cal her that just to get her all worked up. I like some of the others but I think I will stick with Voltaic. :D
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."

TheHangedOne

And here I would like to present my own super-dude, inspired by the darker takes on Bat-man, and such characters as Rorschach from The Watchmen.

Super alias: Creeping Shadow

Image/detailed description: Creeping Shadow has two forms he appears in. As a human, he appears to be a man of his mid twenties (appearing older than he actually is), who has this look of tiredness; as if he constantly worries or seems uncertain (however, you'd have trouble finding something farther from the truth). He has short brown hair, and perpetual stubble gives his face a five'o'clock shadow. He is 5'8 and 200 lbs in weight, with a frame that is wiry. Oddly enough, at times, he does not cast a shadow; at other times, his shadow is shown, but acts in peculiar ways.

When he takes on the form of the Creeping Shadow, it would be hard to adequately describe him; to say he appears not unlike an oil slick would do justice, but not too much. A rather amorphous blob consisting of shadow-stuff, he can take various shapes  and forms on; but always, it is devoid of color, texture, and substance. He creeps and crawls his way over and through surfaces and creatures. Occasionally, ripples, in the shape of eyes or a mouth, form and disappear within the liquid darkness; he does not need these half-imagined things to see, or to speak, but it can be disturbing to behold.

Redrick was born as something close to being quite freakish; he is unaware of his true lineage, being that he grew up in foster homes. He decided that he could ultimately view his condition as either a curse or a gift, that he could despise it or make use of it; so he chose a field that seemed popular and that would be accepting of someone like him.

Powers and abilities: With a physique and physicality that is only a small leap above "average joe", his true talent lies in his intellect, and his ability to take on the form of the shadow. He also possesses a few other peculiarities when taking the form of the Creeping Shadow.

Corrupting Touch: If he so chooses, anything he passes over will become damaged. Organic matter rots; metal rusts and corrodes; wood becomes brittle and warped. This is a conscious ability he can turn on or off at will, though making use of it is tiring for him. This power can deal horrendous wounds to still-living creatures.

Slippery: When in the form of the Creeping Shadow, he believes, in some ways, like a liquid; he could ooze his way through a chain-link fence, for instance.

Shadow Cage: He can control the shadows of other individuals, even endowing them with a sense of tangibility, creating a weak restraint (Anybody with greater-than-average strength could break free if they struggle long enough; super-strong characters would just be able to walk through it without any difficulty)/ This is draining, however, and requires intense concentration on his part.

Light sensitive: Bright lights (including sun light) weaken him and make him irritable; the ease at which he can shift forms is directly proportional to the light around him. So in an open street in mid-day, he can't even use his ability; consequently, though, if he was in a pitch-black environment with no lighting whatsoever, all of his powers become trivial in the extreme to use.

Night-vision: Even in conditions where no ambient light exists, he can see things perfectly, in a sixty foot range around him. Note that certain powers, such as invisibility, will still work on him.

Why did he come to Kalston? To hone his talents, and perhaps, make a name for himself.

Brief Biography: As much as people might like to think otherwise, the foster-care system in this country isn't all that great. Sure, there are some genuinely nice parents; but some times, they can be downright abusive, in their own ways.

Red's adopted families (He had one from the ages of 7-14, then was moved to another one until he turned 18) where pretty close to the bottom of the barrel; though not overtly bad people, they definitely had some flawed theories about what parenting was (or so Red would say).

Combine that with often times being subjected to the cruelty of other kids as a teenager, he became a rather bitter person with a warped sense of morality; in his own words, everybody lives in a world where "Those who live to eat feast upon those who eat to live", and he has resolved himself not to be eaten.

He had a history of being bullied in schools, which eventually turned into a history of him fighting back against those bullies; often to the point of injuring them far more gravely than he or others had been. "If all they understand is force and fear, then that is how I shall tell them their actions are unacceptable", he claims with all the conviction of a zealot.

In the end, Red fights for the side of good; but there should be no mistakes made. He is not what you would call a nice person under most circumstances. He treads the line between anti-hero and anti-villain, with a code of conduct that drives him to protect the innocent and downtrodden; but which demands he punish and exact vengeance against the petty tyrants, bullies, and the wolves-in-sheeps-clothing's.

He is, perhaps, an example of a commonly known phrase of Friedrich Niesche's: Be careful when you fight monsters, lest you thereby become a monster.

Favourite food: Meat-lover's pizza.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Hotaru37

This sounds really interesting.  I have a slight idea for a character.  I will try and get a sheet up tomorrow.  :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Ramael

Huzzah! I have an unbelievably busy weekend, so no posts for me for now and soon. Sunday I should be able to take a proper look at what we have - nice to see some more interest.

Hotaru37

Super alias:

Image/detailed description

Kari is kind of reserved to trust others because she don't want others to think she is weak because of her wacky powers. She is also the fussy type where she fusses over everyone. She will probably seem annoying to the people she is the closest to as Kari unknowingly as protective as her mother.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe?
Kari was originally a sidekick to her mother who is known as The Dark Bell.  But working as a sidekick to her mother was like not even being there so after a lot of pleading with her mother she was able to head for Kalston.

Powers and abilities:
Like her mother The Dark Bell Kari has the powers of telekinesis and from her father Sliverwingz gained the power of healing.

With her Telekinesis she can make things explode, bend, float, and throw things at opponents.  Her telekinesis seems well connected to her emotions and her telekinesis will act up when she is upset or angry.

Knife Barriage:  She carries a set of throwing knives that with float out of their sheaths and throw themselves at the villain pinning them to walls surprisingly unharmed.

Rubble Wall:  Something she does as defense is when she is attacked is she will float huge objects in front of her as protection.

There is many things she can with Telekinesis but they don’t have names.

Healing: Kari has an ability to heal others but not herself.  It can have terrible side effects though.  Minor injuries will just drain her energy a little.  More serious injuries, she will actually take the injury on to herself but not as severe.  If someone is close to death for her it would basically be an exchange of lives, to save them she would die.

Why did you come to Kalston?
Kari comes to Kalston to try and make a life for herself outside the over protectiveness of her mother.  She wants to be able to see just how she can do on her own. 

Brief Biog:
Kari was born to Cassidy Koncad or better known as The Dark Bell who had always protected her hometown.  Cassidy who had born to Dr. Koncad years ago was used in one of his dark experiments of human genes.  It backfired on him Cassidy learned to use her abilities of telekinesis and healing to battle him for his inhumane experiments.  As she got older Cassidy married her sidekick and had Kari who ended up inheriting her mother’s powers.

So Cassidy made Kari her sidekick to help train her in her powers but instead it seemed to backfire as Cassidy is overprotective.  Not only that with them battling Cassidy’s father/Kari’s grandfather it has brought Kari to Dr. Koncad’s attention.  After his failure with Cassidy, he wants to use Kari and has made several attempts to take her and make her evil.  This battle between her mother and her father versus her grandfather went unknown to Kari.

Kari thought her mother finally gave into her pleading to go to Kalston because Kari really wanted it but in reality her mother thought that it would be far enough away from her evil grandfather.

Favourite food: Grilled Cheese and Chili

Haven't really been able to come up with a superhero name.  lol  still thinking
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Ramael

Wonderful stuff - THM, can you just clarify in the profile what he looks like whilst the Creeping Shadow? Is he still vaguely humanoid, or a generic shadowy puddle?

Hotaru, can't really see how healing fits into the telekinesis schtick? Unless there's some super-science I'm missing. Also - knives? She doesn't sound like a murderous person, would she really use an entire bandolier of knives on an enemy? Also - I kinda like that she doesn't have a name yet. It would be cool to have one character who finds their alter ego name actually during the course of the RP.

Other than that, I think you're both good to join the first lineup for Kalston - which I can now see will be at five young superheroes!

This mean - huzzah! - that I can and will get the OOC and first game threads up very shortly!  ;D

In the meantime, those of you still lurking, there's still plenty of time to get in on the action. With a couple more young superheroes we could make two teams (if we have an imbalance I will add an NPC of my creation to balance the other team out).

TheHangedOne

I edited the description, Ramael. He is basically a "shadowy puddle", as you say.
Check out my poet tree!

Lady Quixote

So like Inque from Batman Beyond?

Also if we have five people it might be easier to do a group of two and three then either slot NPCs in as the first sessions start (play it off as waiting for others) or just run smaller groups until more people join.  Just an idea.

Matt

Ramael

Quote from: mvo33 on May 04, 2013, 05:07:13 PM
So like Inque from Batman Beyond?

Also if we have five people it might be easier to do a group of two and three then either slot NPCs in as the first sessions start (play it off as waiting for others) or just run smaller groups until more people join.  Just an idea.

Matt

What does everyone else think of this? Not a bad idea. The only thing is that way I have to come up with four NPCs that may very well not get used once we get other players joining. Also it does kind of limit interactions between players to begin with (especially for the twosome, they'd only have each other and then some NPC's to interact with).

The original plan was to have this five as one of the teams (you guys still haven't come up with a name by the way!) and then I would play some of the other teams you may meet/train against. However this doesn't leave much leeway for new players entering unless we get three or more in one go.

Basically I think we could run the RP to begin with as characters all arriving at Kalston, and getting one big first briefing. They don't know anyone else (although they might have heard of some other character's heroes) and after a few rounds of chatter, the teams get announced and then thrust together. This would give us time to RP, and a little more time to any newcomers to join before actually getting to the creation of teams.

EDIT: Also, I always leave this bit upto the players, which board? Light, Bondage, or NC?

TheHangedOne

I say bondage or NC. Also, I think groups of three (meaning one will have an NPC) would work good, imo.
Check out my poet tree!

Lady Quixote

well if we are doing separate teams both at Kalston Kamp, I would probably also create separate mission boards and HQ boards.  So we can interact with each other in the HQ but are alone on missions. 

As for a name make that something that comes up in game, the official names are super formal (like Sidekick Group 1: SKG-1) but the sidekicks themselves begin to call themselves a nick name that soon sticks with the people running the camp.

Board, I don't know...Light?  How much of this game is going to revolve around getting captured and tormented by villains?  My guess is not that much, so bondage if people are really into that but I'm in a Battletech game that's in Bondage and the only bondage that's happened was us collecting a Bondsman (HA...little battletech humor for you guys this morning). 

I'm fine with either five or split groups...they were just ideas, I'm not trying to make your life more difficult.

Matt

Yukina

I will apply for the first member of the second team. Just give me a sec to post my character.

Yukina

Super alias: Amplita (Unless someone has a decent name idea, that would be nice)

Real name: Mary Matric Jr. (Yay alliterative names ala marvel!)

Image/detailed description: Skinny build, 4'8", A-cup chest, Light brown hair, blue eyes, wears a purple blouse, white shoes, and a black skirt as a civilian (I am still unsure what to make for costume be like.)

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe? Mary Matric is a young wannabe. She is currently looking for a mentor and/or partner in crimefighting do to the nature of her powers. She hopes to be of use to someone and accepted for once.

Powers and abilities:
--"Turning up the volume!": Mary can amplify another's power and/or abilities by holding onto them. Breaking contact ends this effect.

--"Mute": Being a reverse of her first power, Mary can dampen abilities and powers. She lets out sound waves that interfere the sections in the brain that relate to movement and power control.

Why did you come to Kalston? Mary has come to Klaston to find a partner in crimefighting. She desires to be of help to someone and to have a protector in turn for her services.

Brief Biog: Mary was born to two super-powered parents, Mary Matric Sr. and David Brown. The "mother Mary" had the amplification power of Mary Jr., while David had the mute power. Her parents had not become crimefighters, but had just chosen to hide there powers from most people. The girl grew up to become a bookworm who was commonly bu;lied be her classmates. Mary first discovered her powers at age 13 when she attended an autograph session of local superhero, Atomic-Man. As shook hands with the hero, the hero had lift her by accident due to her powers. Mary screamed in fear, the sound waves from her mouth weakening the hero's grip.
She than ran back home where her parents soon explained the nature of her powers. She wanted to be hero, but her parents refused to let her until she was 18. She tried to find find Atomic-Man in the first months of her 18th year, but once she found him, he refused to let her on him. He was too annoyed about her screaming being bad for his publicity. He had become a broken pedestal for the girl. Mary has been trying to look for a "pure" hero every since.

Favorite food: Pocky

Avalon29

I don't have much preference on how we start. Both starts have their own pros. If we start with a big breifing it would give our heroes a chance to get to know one another as well as give others a chance to join. However since there is now six heroes two groups of three would work out just as well.

About which board to put it in, I think most of the content within the RP would fall under the category of light but if you want to  open up the game to allow people to create villains at a later date it'd probably be best to stick it under bondage or NC.

Lemon Lime

Quote from: mvo33 on May 05, 2013, 06:53:50 AM
As for a name make that something that comes up in game, the official names are super formal (like Sidekick Group 1: SKG-1) but the sidekicks themselves begin to call themselves a nick name that soon sticks with the people running the camp.
I like this idea, something they sort of come up with together. Maybe after their first big fight they come together and have a name. It's hard to decide one when they don't even know each other yet. That's just me.

As for the board, bondage works for me. I'm not a huge fan of NC as far as sex goes. If a bad guy kidnaps my character and is all evil with whips and chains that's fine but there is just a line I don't like crossing. I hope that's okay with people.

I'm fine with the team being "us against the GM" sort of thing. We make a set team (with some variation if need be) and then it's us trying to beat the NPC's. It's more controlled that way. That's just me. But I'm also very flexible. So I'm pretty happy with whatever and excited to start playing. :D

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Lemon Lime on May 05, 2013, 10:22:37 AM
I like this idea, something they sort of come up with together. Maybe after their first big fight they come together and have a name. It's hard to decide one when they don't even know each other yet. That's just me.
I completely agree with this.
As for the board, bondage works for me. I'm not a huge fan of NC as far as sex goes. If a bad guy kidnaps my character and is all evil with whips and chains that's fine but there is just a line I don't like crossing. I hope that's okay with people.
I dunno, I just think Bondage, NC, or Extreme would be more fitting for what Creeping Shadow does to the villains (and the NC part being particularly suited for Villainesses; "Hero isn't a moniker I take on, it
s just what society wants to call me"), but whatever we decide on for a setting, I'll be sure to adhere to it (which might mean making my dude a little lighter).
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

Welcome aboard, Yugi! I like the look of Mary and that's a nice bit of history about Atomic Man. I however, have no idea what Pocky is.  :P If she can neutralise someone's powers, does that mean she'll be looking to taking some more hand-to-hand training to give her the edge in a fight? Due to the nature of her powers she's a very interesting one to have on a team, and she will be defined by her team mates!

So, let's run through some stuff and let me know what I've missed or if I'm wrong on anything -

- So it looks like so far that most people seem to be leaning on the side of having two teams, and now with Mary, we can have a base of three aside, as it were. I'm undecided myself about creating an NPC for each team to fill it out to four, I'm sure I'll make up my mind in time.

- We'll go with Mvo's idea regading team names (your recruiter for the initial startup training period may refer to you one team as "worms" and "maggots" the other until you come up with your own names  :P) thats super cool with me.

- And, it looks to be that this game will be in the Bondage section, which is where I was leaning to putting it anyway just to cover most bases. THM, your character won't be able to get his creepy paws on any villainesses early in the game anyway, and also it seems that whilst we have enough players for two teams, we don't have enough for any villains, and thus will be played by me, so any NC won't TECHNICALLY happen. Technically.

- As to what Lime said about "us against the GM" it will be very much like this, however there will be elements (probably early on and then every now and then throughout the RP) whereby the two teams will be training against each other, thus providing some pvp action.

One last thing, I'mma draw names outta my GM hat as to who gets in what team. Is this fine with everyone or does anybody have a better idea on this?

Thanks for all the input by the way, I like having my players on board with the decisionizing.

Yukina

Quote from: Ramael on May 05, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Yugi! I like the look of Mary and that's a nice bit of history about Atomic Man. I however, have no idea what Pocky is.  :P If she can neutralize someone's powers, does that mean she'll be looking to taking some more hand-to-hand training to give her the edge in a fight? Due to the nature of her powers she's a very interesting one to have on a team, and she will be defined by her team mates!

One last thing, I'mma draw names outta my GM hat as to who gets in what team. Is this fine with everyone or does anybody have a better idea on this?

Thank you. Pocky is a biscuit stick coated mostly in chocolate. She probably might ask for that training. I also like the random selection idea.

Avalon29

I don't have any problem with random teams. It's probably the best way to do it anyway all things considered.

Lady Quixote

Ramael