Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
How has no one picked Matt Murdock yet? I guess that might be who I end up with. Or who knows, maybe I'll end up just playing the bad guys!  >:)

Deathnote did I thought.

No one has picked Elektra.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Sirian Eve

Misty; *sides eye the both of them*

Yea I'm surprised no one picked Elektra.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 03:15:05 PM
Misty; *sides eye the both of them*

Yea I'm surprised no one picked Elektra.

Frank: I think she wants to be my therapist.
The gates are open

Praxis

Iron Fist
The Living Weapon

"I am the Iron Fist. I hold back the storm when nothing else can."

Name: Daniel Rand
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Orientation: Heterosexual
Occupation: Former Co-Owner of Rand Corporation, billionaire-playboy-philanthropist

Appearance : (Face claim - Ed Skrein)

Blonde hair, blue eyes, dragon tattoo on chest.

Established Relationships: Known Associate and friend of Power Man (Luke Cage) - The Heroes for Hire,  Known associate of Colleen Wing, Misty Knight and Daredevil

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Women in heels, lingerie, stockings, tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, smart, bold, courageous, confident (or at least faking it until she makes it)

Absolute No-Nos: Talk to me in PM; we'll figure it out.

Background: Daniel Rand was the son of businessman Wendell Rand, who had once lived in the fabled city of K'un-Lun, which exists in another dimensional realm. Wendell Rand-K'ai, as he was known there was the adopted son and heir of Lord Tuan, who ruled K'un-Lun in the guise of Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade. However, Wendell was driven from K'un-Lun by his brother, Nu-An, who not only wanted to rule K'un-Lun himself, but who was Wendell's rival for the love of a woman named Shakirah.  It was Wendell that Shakirah chose, and she bore him a daughter, Miranda. Wendell found refuge on Earth and became a successful businessman in the United States. In his absence, Tuan died and Wendell's brother succeeded him as Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade. Wendell married a woman named Heather, who bore him a son, Daniel.

Wendell sought to return to K'un-Lun, which ordinarily was only accessible from Earth through an interdimensional nexus that opened once every ten years. When Daniel was nine, his father traveled to Tibet along with Heather and his business partner Harold Meachum in search of the nexus to K'un-Lun. Toppling off a treacherous mountain passage, Daniel dragged his mother and father over the ice shelf with him. While he and his mother landed on a ledge below, his father dangled over the sheer drop of the mountainside and called to his partner for help. Hoping to take over Rand's share of the business, Meachum instead caused him to lose his grip and plunge to his death. Though Meachum offered to help Heather Rand and her son, they spurned him. Attempting to make it back to camp on their own, Heather and her son spied a long suspension bridge as a pack of wolves attacked. Heather tried to hold them off long enough for her son to get to safety and was killed in the effort.

Soon thereafter, denizens of K'un-Lun found the boy and took him to their city. There Daniel was brought before Yu-Ti, who had secretly plotted the murder of both Wendell and Heather. Yu-Ti apprenticed Daniel to the martial arts master Lei Kung the Thunderer.

Rand's training under Lei Kung was rigorous. At age sixteen Rand earned the Crown of Fu-Hsi, king of the vipers, vanquished four foes in the ritualistic Challenge of the Many, and defeated Shu-Hu, a mechanical being whose name means "Lightning".[3] Rand diligently conditioned his hands by thrusting them into tubs of hot sand, then gravel, and finally rock. [citation needed]

Iron Fist
At age nineteen Rand was given the opportunity to gain the power of the Iron Fist. He was sent to battle the enormous fire-breathing serpent called Shou-Lao the Undying which lived in a cave outside the city and which ferociously guarded a brazier containing its heart, which had mystically been removed from its body. In their battle Rand grabbed the serpent's body, which bore a scar which imprinted itself upon Rand's chest. Killing the serpent, Rand plunged his hands into the now unguarded brazier containing Shou-Lao's molten heart when his hands shone with a quasi-mystical force and he earned the title "Iron Fist," for he could now summon superhuman energy to reinforce the power of blows struck by his hands.

Iron Fist

Danny Rand, Iron Fist

Declining to stay in K'un-Lun eternally, Rand returned to America when the nexus reopened in order to take vengeance on Meachum for his father's death.

Powers

(( Note - Depending on situation and current physical state of Danny; not all abilities are simply available to him.  I plan on writing a more toned down version of him. ))

Chi Augmentation: Through concentration, Rand can harness his mystical chi to augment his physical and mental capabilities to superhuman levels.

Iron Fist Punch: By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hands, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a superhuman scale. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Rand can shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself. The force of this technique has rendered incredibly durable Super humans such as Colossus unconscious.

Nervous System Control: Rand has complete control over his nervous system enabling him to deaden himself to pain, resist the effects of drugs or poisons, and slow down the rate at which he bleeds. He also is able pass lie detector tests.

Energy Generation: Iron Fist can project his Chi into a ranged attack, sort of like an energy blast.

Enhanced Speed & Reflexes: He can increase his speed allowing him to dodge or catch bullets.

Enhanced Healing: If he sustains injury or illness, Rand can focus his chi for the purposes of healing his injuries.  He can also channel this energy into other people.

Superhuman Longevity: Possibility of a slowed aging process much like his predecessor Orson Randall.

Environmental Adaptation: Through focus and meditation, Danny can sustain himself for extended periods of time in extreme temperature environments.

Abilities

Peak Human Physical Conditioning: Daniel is an Olympic-level athlete and gymnast.

Meditation: Daniel is a master of meditation and relaxation techniques. He can enter a trance-like state to ignore pain and slow his heart rate.

Master Martial Artist: Daniel is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and is proficient in many of Earth's, including but not limited to: Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Ninjutsu, Karate, Boxing and even loose street fighting tactics. Recently, he has gained access to the knowledge, experience and skills of all the Iron Fists before him. When temporarily blinded by Sabretooth, he was able to still defeat the lethal mutant, without even using his chi powers. He is also skilled in unique chi based techniques, such as the "Drunken style" that masks him from such things as Spider-Man's Spider-Sense and Mister X's telepathic reflexes. He is one of the greatest martial artists on Earth; having held his own against Wolverine and Captain America. Rand also holds notable victories over Gorgon (Tomi Shishido), Sabretooth, Batroc, Black Dragon, Nightshade, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

Weapons Master: He has been trained in the use of almost all martial arts weapons.

Pressure point locator: Daniel can locate different pressure points on a human's body; incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, or kill a person. He has shown himself to be capable of landing pressure point attacks on the likes of Spider-Man.

Skilled Acrobat: Rand is a skilled acrobat capable of many difficult feats.

Multilingual: He can speak fluent in K'un-Lun, English, Chinese and has a limited vocabulary in Japanese.

Strength level

Without increasing his strength with chi, Danny possesses the peak human level of strength a man of his age, height, and build that exercises intensively. He is capable of lifting at least twice his body weight and can press lift at the very least 350 lbs but no more than 800 lbs.

Juggtacular

Great Danny. And it seems Luke has his best friend and partner in crime. Awwww yeah.

Sirian Eve

Very nice. Now all I need is my Colleen and game on!

Of course in this AU Jessica is basically my Colleen. :)

Mathim

Anyway, forgot to mention, if I already posted your character profile and you made significant changes to it (i.e. familiar relationships and such) just let me know and I'll update them.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 03:53:43 PM
Anyway, forgot to mention, if I already posted your character profile and you made significant changes to it (i.e. familiar relationships and such) just let me know and I'll update them.

Did i miss the posting of a character thread?

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 11, 2016, 04:32:11 PM
Did i miss the posting of a character thread?

I reserved a section of the OOC Thread for posting character profiles just for the moment. Once we get started I guess I'll create a separate thread for the profiles as well. I might actually open up the Character Creation thread so all of you can post your own profiles there and edit them at your discretion, but I wanted to be able to delete anyone who has to drop out if that happens. Hopefully if that happens with anyone, they can just delete their own post and the next person to pick up the part can re-edit to suit their tastes.

Anyway, I think we have enough people now to get started if everyone just wants to establish where they are before darkness descends. Shall I create the IC Thread?

Oh, and does anyone know how to create one of those code things that helps keep everything on the left or right so that your basic information is at the top of each post? Like where it says your location and anyone's characters you're tagging? I know I should keep one of those in my private messages so I can copy and paste it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Juggtacular

Luke I think would either be at his bar, or at the Hero-For-Hire agency building.

Blade would probably be chasing something that needs a stake in the heart.

eternaldarkness

I suspect Cloak will probably be after someone in desperate need of a new viewpoint on their life choices. I won't speak for Dagger.

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

[float=left][img](picture)[/img][/float]
[float=right][img](picture)[/img][/float]

Example:

Floatleft

Name:
Alias:
Time/Date:

Floatright

Name:
Alias:
Time/Date:
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 11, 2016, 04:41:40 PM
Luke I think would either be at his bar, or at the Hero-For-Hire agency building.

Blade would probably be chasing something that needs a stake in the heart.

Blade should actually be concerned about finding allies in addition to following his quarry to the Big Apple. He may usually be a solo act but he ain't stupid, he knows what's coming is more than he can handle on his own. But how he goes about that, is up to you.

And awright then, I'll get the IC thread started. You'll find the link in the first post of this thread, and the OOC thread too. Same with the Character Profile thread.

I made a collage of the majority of our cast in the IC Thread intro post. I defy anyone to tell me it does not look utterly badass.

Deathnote

Daredevil
Face Claim: Charlie Cox
Player Name: Deathnote
Character Name: Matthew "Matt" Michael Murdock
Aliases: Daredevil, Matty, The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, The Man in the Mask, The Man in Black, Devil Man, Altar Boy, Akuma-san, Saint Matthew, Our Mutual Friend, The Horny One
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel?

Skills and Abilities
Maximum Human Conditioning:
  • Through years of intensive training in multiple physical and mental departments. Matt's body and mind is at the peak of a man of his age, height and weight
  • Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Speed
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Enhanced Agility
  • Enhanced Endurance and Pain Tolerance
Superhuman Senses
  • Although Matt is blind, his remaining four senses function with superhuman accuracy and sensitivity, giving him abilities far beyond the limits of a sighted person.  Just as Daredevil's other senses are stronger, they are also sensitive; his main weakness is his vulnerability to powerful sounds or odors that can temporarily weaken his radar sense.  This weakness is often used to immobilize Daredevil. Alternately, the lack of taste or smell can be used against him, as in one instance of a hallucinogenic drug so designed so that Daredevil could not tell he was drugged. His senses are highly acute, capable of sensing the minor atmospheric disturbance created moments before a teleporting character appears.  While his radar sense mostly compensates for his blindness, it has certain limitations. He cannot perceive color without touch, and he can only read printed matter if the ink is raised enough for his sense of touch. Most photographs, televisions, and computer screens are blank to him.
  • Superhuman Touch: Murdock can feel the presence of those around him through vibrations, air currents and body temperatures. He can dodge attacks and even bullets by feeling them cut through the air, creating ripples of currents only detectable by him. He locates enemies through walls and from different floors by feeling the vibrations they make from moving, such as their footsteps.
  • Enhanced Thermoreception
  • Superhuman Smell: His olfactory senses are so good, that he can smell a man's scent of stale cigarettes and cheap cologne three floors above him and through several walls.
  • Expert Tracker
  • Blind-Sight
  • Superhuman Hearing:Murdock's hearing is so acute, that he can clearly hear people converse at great distances away, hear people's heartbeats, and hear Claire's bones shifting as she breathed. He can focus on what he hears; in a crowded courtroom with the judge speaking, Murdock heard a juror's heartbeat accelerate when James Wesley entered the room. Hearing the changes in people's heartbeats allows Murdock to predict how they feel and what actions they'll take, such as attack or run. He was also able to memorize the pattern of Wesley's watch so he could follow the latter. When forced to improvise while fighting extremely stealthy Hand ninjas, Murdock was able to effectively keep track of their movements by listening to their breaths and the sound of their swords cutting through the air.
  • Lie-Detection
  • Sonar Sense
  • Superhuman Taste
  • Superhuman Balance
  • Radar Sense
  • Electroreception
Master Martial Artist:
  • Matt's martial skills are at a point where he is probably ranked by Stick as at least 10th Dan(degree) black belt level in Ninjutsu being that that is the art that Matt seems to have been trained in almost exclusively by Stick. He has fought highly trained and skilled opponents such as Black Panther, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Captain America, Sabretooth and Wolverine to standstills, even impaling Wolverine with a sword while the mutant was in a feral state due to brainwashing by the terrorists known as Hydra.
  • Master Acrobat
  • Highly skilled, self-taught boxer
  • Extensively trained in Ninjutsu by Stick, a senior grandmaster and leader of the secret order The Chaste.
  • Trained in stealth
  • Life-energy (chi/ki) control (AKA Meditation)
  • Able to paralyze limbs of an individual's body or the entire body altogether by targetting pressure points
  • Fighting style is a very balanced fusion of Boxing with Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, Aiki-Jujutsu and other disciplines such as Savate, Krav Maga, Capoeira, Eskrima, Aikido, Greco-Roman Wrestling, and several styles of both Karate and Kung Fu to varying degrees
Weapons Proficiency
  • Matt is an expert in wielding all types of stick weapons which include staffs, batons, nunchaku, and paired short sticks.
  • He is highly proficient in wielding various martial art weapons through his Ninjutsu training such as swords(Katana), chain weapons, stick and staff weapons, combat knives of all types both ancient and modern military style, projectiles such as shurikens, throwing knives, bow & arrows, and even firearms
  • He is a skilled marksman capable of throwing his sticks with great accuracy. Murdock is also skilled with most projectile-like weaponry such as throwing knives, shurikens, and darts as well as archery and has been shown utilizing military-grade weaponry such as sniper rifles in extreme situations
Fearlessness
  • It is untrue that Matt has never been afraid but through the years of training and experience Daredevil currently shows a detached ability to fear and emotions bordering on sociopathic. This ability extends immunity of "Fear Toxins" and Spells as Daredevil seems to simply be "The Man Without Fear."
Interrogation Expert
  • Murdock uses many different interrogation methods to extract information from criminals. His knowledge of criminology and torture is unerring and often overwhelming.
Professional Attorney
  • Murdock is a highly skilled and accomplished lawyer, specializing in criminal justice. His legal practice is considered the single greatest source of strength of both emotional stability and his successful war on crime. Murdock's law firm also does alot of pro Bono work as well as the full range of social justice issues such as rape cases, police brutality, medical malpractice, whistle blower/witness protection cases, child/sexual abuse cases, victims of war crimes/terrorism, food safety cases, and even enviromental issues. In law school, Murdock also specialized in US Constitutional Law.
  • Multi-lingual
  • Expert Detective

Strength Level
For a "normal" human, Matt has demonstrated remarkable physical strength. Daredevil is an Olympic-level weightlifter and possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build that exercises intensively and regularly. Matt has demonstrated that he can lift and handle a 400 lbs. barbell as though it were fifty pounds, has overturned a limo full of people, and has picked up and used a mail drop-box as a blunt instrument. At his peak, Daredevil possesses sufficient strength to press lift approximately 450 lbs. (cited from Marvel.wikia)

Weapons and Gear
Armored Suit: In their first fight, after being severely injured by Nobu Yoshioka, Murdock noticed Wilson Fisk's impermeable armored suit and decided to take Claire Temple's advice to get some body armor of his own. He located Melvin Potter, who made Fisk's suit, and persuaded him to make a red and black suit with a facemask and helmet resembling a devil, leading to his new name. This suit is highly durable, this time allowing Daredevil to survive unscathed from battling a resurrected Nobu with the same shoge hook. After his first protective helmet got cracked by a close-range bullet from the Punisher, Daredevil had Potter make him a new, considerably more durable one.

Billy Club: When Murdock asked Melvin Potter to create an armored suit for him, Potter also created a special Billy Club. It can be used as a short staff, two individual sticks joined by a high tensile wire for grappling. It can also be split into two individual short sticks for close quarters combat. It is kept in a holster on the suit's left thigh. (cited from marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia)

Established Relationships:
WIP

The Punisher:

Misty Knight:

Jessica Jones:

Luke Cage:

Iron Fist:

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Click here for my O/O's
Absolute No-Nos: Click here for my O/O's

Mathim

This. Is. Awesome.

So if anyone else wants in, there's Shang Chi, Colleen Wing and Elektra for some of the more closely-tied characters to those that have already been selected, as well as Moon Knight. Or surprise us with someone out of left field!

Niferbelle

All right, finally have a sheet done. I know we have a Misty Knight -- I would suggest she and Felicia are friends? Acquaintances? Also, even though it's not canon, if a gentlemen or two out there would like to be an ex-boyfriend, I think that would be a fun dynamic.

Player Name: Niferbelle
Character Name/Alias: Felicia Hardy / Black Cat

Appearance: Felicia is a stunner in or out of her skin tight costume. Long, thick, lustrous white hair that sets her apart, twinkling green eyes that speak of mischief, and a figure that inspires the imagination of anyone who’s attracted to women. She has been known to claim that her only real superpower is cleavage and she’s not afraid to wield it. She dresses well in clothing that flatters her figure and moves gracefully, something noticeable even when she isn’t in costume.
*face claim – Jessica Stam

Brief summary of abilities/Skills:
Felicia is in peak physical condition for a human. Her skills include: unarmed combat, gymnastics, acrobatics, thieving skills (pickpocketing, lock picking, sleight of hand, misdirection, etc.), stealth, security systems, streetwise (fencing, knowing criminal associations, black market activities, etc), appraisal. Oh, and flirting.

Felicia no longer has any innate super powers but with the assistance of the Tinkerer she has tech that gives her the following abilities.
*Microservos fitted into her costume to increase strength, lifting up to 800 lbs
*Metal mesh gloves with retractable claws
*Improved agility implants
*interaural balance compensators.
*contact lenses that enable her to see in the UV and IR range
also carries grappling hook that allows her to swing between buildings

Established Relationships (where applicable):
Ex Boyfriends
Spider-Man
Flash Thompson
The Foreigner
Puma
Acquaintances/Friends
Misty Knight - co-worker
AFFILIATED WITH HEROES FOR HIRE

Desired Ons/Wishlist: a man that can keep up with her, adventurous sex, borderline  exhibitionism, sex in all its myriad forms, being spoiled
Absolute No-Nos: non-con, humiliation, anything but playful submission

Praxis

Force of Nature incoming...
Quote from: Niferbelle on April 12, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
All right, finally have a sheet done. I know we have a Misty Knight -- I would suggest she and Felicia are friends? Acquaintances? Also, even though it's not canon, if a gentlemen or two out there would like to be an ex-boyfriend, I think that would be a fun dynamic.

Player Name: Niferbelle
Character Name/Alias: Felicia Hardy / Black Cat

Appearance: Felicia is a stunner in or out of her skin tight costume. Long, thick, lustrous white hair that sets her apart, twinkling green eyes that speak of mischief, and a figure that inspires the imagination of anyone who’s attracted to women. She has been known to claim that her only real superpower is cleavage and she’s not afraid to wield it. She dresses well in clothing that flatters her figure and moves gracefully, something noticeable even when she isn’t in costume.
*face claim – Jessica Stam

Brief summary of abilities/Skills:
Felicia is in peak physical condition for a human. Her skills include: unarmed combat, gymnastics, acrobatics, thieving skills (pickpocketing, lock picking, sleight of hand, misdirection, etc.), stealth, security systems, streetwise (fencing, knowing criminal associations, black market activities, etc), appraisal. Oh, and flirting.

Felicia no longer has any innate super powers but with the assistance of the Tinkerer she has tech that gives her the following abilities.
*Microservos fitted into her costume to increase strength, lifting up to 800 lbs
*Metal mesh gloves with retractable claws
*Improved agility implants
*interaural balance compensators.
*contact lenses that enable her to see in the UV and IR range
also carries grappling hook that allows her to swing between buildings

Established Relationships (where applicable):
Ex Boyfriends
Spider-Man
Flash Thompson
The Foreigner
Puma
Acquaintances
Misty Knight ?
Colleen Wing ?
Desired Ons/Wishlist: a man that can keep up with her, adventurous sex, borderline  exhibitionism, sex in all its myriad forms, being spoiled
Absolute No-Nos: non-con, humiliation, anything but playful submission

Sirian Eve

Hey! Black Cat!

Can definitely add me to the list of friends.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 12, 2016, 03:02:10 PM
Hey! Black Cat!

As for Ex boyfriends may I suggest>>>> Iron Fist. Keep this interesting. >:)

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Juggtacular

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Niferbelle

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 12, 2016, 03:02:10 PM
Hey! Black Cat!

Excellent! Open for more connections out there. I wasn't sure what we were doing with Heroes for Hire. Did it ever exist? Does it exist now? Or has it disbanded?