Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

It all started out in Hell's Kitchen. Terrorist bombings, a vigilante taking down multiple mob fronts and finally stepping into the light as the Daredevil of Hell's Kitchen. Others started coming out of the woodwork then. Some, their agendas and methods differed quite radically even if their endgame was the same. Not all of them were truly extraordinarily gifted, but that didn't diminish their contributions.

Not all of them want to fight, either. Some would rather forget they were given their unique gifts and the responsibility that comes with them. Too bad a dark cloud has descended over New York and whether they like it or not, something bad is coming their way. Each of them finds themselves targeted and forced to defend themselves, to fight back against the tide. But they realize that it's not going to be enough. A hero alone is weaker, vulnerable...but heroes united? Their power and potential is unlimited.

If you're ready to commit, our OOC thread can be found here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247354.0

You can post a character profile here in the index: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=340.0

And we're ready to rock and roll from the look of things, so here's where the action begins!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247453.0

Welcome to yet another Marvel-themed group game. I'd like for this to take place in something based off of the Marvel/Netflix continuity if that's okay but I'm open to other ideas. The main cast I was hoping for was as follows:

Matt Murdock/Daredevil (as of the end of season 2)
Jessica Jones/Jewel
Luke Cage/Power Man
Danny Rand/Iron Fist
Eric Brooks/Blade (the idea revolves around his presence, so he's essential)

Those are pretty much the must-haves for this since that makes up the show's lineup and introduces the true supernatural side to this particular story. Some other great options are:

Mark Spector/Moon Knight
Tandy Bowen/Dagger
Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Elektra Natchios
Shang-Chi

I think that's about all I can come up with off the top of my head for those who are actually street-level. I'm willing to hear any and all ideas, though I'd prefer to leave the Avengers out of this one. I am, however, open to the idea of some of the Inhumans from Agents of SHIELD being part of it.

So anyway, if this sounds like a good idea, let your voice be heard and tell us who you'd like to play. I'm not going to claim a character yet so everyone has a fair shot at whomever they want.

Anyone who wants to commit can submit a character profile with this format:

Player Name:
Character Name/Alias:
Orientation: Feel free to break canon with these
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible):
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: If superhuman in terms of strength for example, try to give a relative example of their upper limits. Include weapons commonly brandished.
Established Relationships (where applicable): If you want to have your character be familiar with others prior to the game's starting point, list them and the level of familiarity or sort of relationship they share.
Desired Ons/Wishlist:
Absolute No-Nos:

Currently we have nearly every vital role filled, but there are still a few nice roles open to anyone wanting a piece of the action:

Elektra
Moon Knight
Echo
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Praxis

Interested!

Particularly so if you're keeping it small.

I'd like to write Iron Fist and if not him than Moon Knight.

When you talk Moon Knight do you mean mildly crazy Moon Knight or really crazy Moon Knight?

Mathim

Quote from: Praxis on April 07, 2016, 10:31:22 PM
Interested!

Particularly so if you're keeping it small.

I'd like to write Iron Fist and if not him than Moon Knight.

When you talk Moon Knight do you mean mildly crazy Moon Knight or really crazy Moon Knight?

I will leave the level of crazy entirely up to you, friend.   >:)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Niferbelle

Hmmm. I love the Netflix shows. Would you consider somebody like the Black Cat?

Mathim

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 08, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
Hmmm. I love the Netflix shows. Would you consider somebody like the Black Cat?

Sure, Spider-Man's in the MCU now, so why not? But she'll have to be a good girl, this is strictly heroes and anti-heroes, not villains, at least not til we fill enough hero slots. No sneaky helping herself to the loot after she beats up some crooks.   ;D

eternaldarkness

I'm always down to play Cloak. He is one of my absolute favorite marvel heroes. Consider me interested.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

Sure to both, but you may not find someone to play their significant partners necessarily, so perhaps try to reach out to the other players to form bonds. It won't be quite as easy as in the comics where everyone fits together neatly by design.

eternaldarkness

I'm fine with doing a solo cloak. I know how tough it can be to get someone willing to play characters that are tightly intertwined. Heck, his hunger for life energy would be a great motivator for cloak, and if someone decided to pick up Dagger later on then the that just makes for more interesting storytelling. That might necessitate a bit of an alteration to either/both characters' origin stories, though.

Juggtacular

I'd be interested in Cage or Blade. Or both really if you need someone to play them lol.

Sirian Eve

Wonderful! I'm not worried about forming bonds just yet. Anything can happen.

Kadigan

I'd be interested in either Echo or White Tiger (Angela Del Toro version) if either would be acceptable.

Mathim

If you're online reliably, I don't mind letting some of you double up as long as it doesn't take away from someone else who might want to play one of them.

And while this is sort of meant to mirror the MCU Netflix continuity, I don't mind letting characters start from scratch as far as relations go (they've mostly never met each other anyway, unless it's integral to their origins) so if you want to have them be solo acts as far as not yet having partners they may have in the comics, that's fine, but also feel free to form new romantic entanglements if desired.

I don't know about Echo, I'll have to look that character up on wikipedia, but I'm familiar with White Tiger which would be totally cool.

Juggtacular

Mathim

Aside from whatever character I end up playing, I'm going to be doing an NPC Stick, who's sitting this fight out, but acts as sort of an early warning for what's coming. His message will be, "This is too big for the Chaste to handle. We're going to need to form something stronger."

I've put a character sheet in the first post in case anyone wants to definitively claim a character.

I would be interested in playing an original Inhuman, or if you can't fill the role, Jessica Jones. I'd prefer to stay OC though since even though I'm caught up on the MCU, my comics knowledge is limited.

Deathnote

Does Ben Reilly, AKA the Scarlet Spider count as a street-level superhero?  If not, I may consider playing as Matt Murdock instead.

Neysha

I might be interested in portraying Dagger/Tandy Bowen. Not extremely familiar with the character  but this is an AU basically and I have player her in RP before and it was fun.  :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on April 10, 2016, 01:33:57 AM
Does Ben Reilly, AKA the Scarlet Spider count as a street-level superhero?  If not, I may consider playing as Matt Murdock instead.

Sadly no, since his counterpart Spider-Man is technically an Avenger in this universe.

And knowledge of the comics characters isn't that important, what matters is an understanding of their abilities and how to wield them, really. So as long as you can find their wikipedia entry and glance through the part about their powers and abilities, that should be plenty. Their personalities and such can be more or less your own. Just know that they're all going to have a target painted on their back whether they like it or not, and they can't avoid getting involved in the conflict.

Yeah, I get that, I'd just be more comfortable that way. :)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Neysha on April 10, 2016, 07:08:08 AM
I might be interested in portraying Dagger/Tandy Bowen. Not extremely familiar with the character  but this is an AU basically and I have player her in RP before and it was fun.  :)

NEYSHA!!! Sorry 'bout last time, i was going through some stuff. Will you be my Dagger once more, madam? <3

Lithium

I'm down to play Jessica Jones. Unless someone else wants her, then there's plenty of other characters that I could play.

Mathim

Good to see so many interested parties! Let's get those character sheets in, I'm curious to see what face claims you guys choose for characters that haven't yet appeared in the MCU!

I should have one up in a few hours. Are you preferring real people face claims?

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 10:58:45 AM
Could I play Frank Castle?

Absatively posilutely! But you may need to NPC his partner Microchip, if no one wants to play that.

Quote from: Karma on April 10, 2016, 10:36:29 AM
I should have one up in a few hours. Are you preferring real people face claims?

Yes, if possible, but also one of their comic-book appearance just for comparison (and their costume, obviously, though you may want to point out the modifications you've made to it so it looks less comic book-y as movies do.)

Lithium

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 10:34:21 AM
Good to see so many interested parties! Let's get those character sheets in, I'm curious to see what face claims you guys choose for characters that haven't yet appeared in the MCU!

So we have to use face claims from the shows/movies if the characters have already appeared?

I don't really mind either way, just making sure. I mean, I guess I have a slight preference for being able to choose new ones if we want, but it's not a big deal.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Player Name: Karma
Character Name/Alias: Elsa Wandelbaere
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Elsa is just barely 5 feet tall and shows no evidence of strength or powers.
Background:
Elsa was born hundreds of years ago during the height of the Plague. In that dark time, sects all across Europe were trying alchemy, magic, science, and whatever insanity came to mind to try and push back the Reaper. A priest-shaman of sorts in her village discovered what seemed to be a demonic rock and designed a ritual around it attended by the whole village. After hours of incantations and animal sacrifice, he smashed the rock, which he believed himself to have enchanted. He was more right than he would live to know. Minutes later, Elsa emerged from her stone cocoon to discover that the rest of her village had been killed by Terrigen mist.

For hundreds of years, Elsa lived a lonely life, unable to find anyone like her in all the nations of the Earth. She did not age, and as she discovered thousands of times, could not die. It was only very recently, in the 20th century, that other Inhumans discovered her and she finally learned who and what she was. Having lived so long as a dead woman, finally having answers re-lit the spark of humanity within her that she had long ago snuffed out. Lacking the flashy powers that made the likes of the Avengers tick, she decided to put herself to use in small ways, helping those that the bigger, better heroes did not have time for.

Abilities:
Relentless Recombination: Elsa’s body will, without fail, restore itself to its default state of a healthy twenty year old woman regardless of any damage. Elsa has discovered no limitations to this ability including atomization. In extreme cases of separation, the smaller pieces will (seemingly magically) dematerialize in order to pass through whatever barrier is obstructing the process. It is not accelerated healing but a sort of metaphysical elasticity. She does not need to breathe, eat, or sleep; she remains (uncomfortably) conscious even when decapitated. She does not even bleed. The only mitigating factor discovered thus far is Elsa’s own willpower: she can deliberately delay the process, and once consciousness is lost, it immediately resumes. Under normal circumstances, Elsa keeps herself in a state of "normal function." She allows her lungs to breathe, her heart to beat, and so forth, so that she appears (and scans) as a regular human.

Ignore Pain: Centuries of death-seeking have rendered Elsa psychologically immune to suffering. While her nerves still report accurately what is happening, all but the most basic of subconscious responses have been eradicated.

Tap In: Elsa has learned to manipulate her body to its natural limit. While a normal human under normal circumstances exerts subconscious control over the maximum output of their muscles, Elsa is able to access the full extent of her muscle strength at any time, allowing her to be the “grandma lifting a car off of her grandson.” Accordingly with unlocking the secrets of the human body, living for so long in a youthful body has led to Elsa being extraordinarily spry and spacially aware. However, she is still a small human. Beings greater than humans are unlikely to be phased by her strength and speed.

Od Overdrive: The only discrete external power that Elsa has developed is an extension of her Relentless Recombination: she can apply the effect to objects and people, allowing reintegration and disintegration. The process is self-destructive to her body at an atomic level, creating a natural usage limit, but as always, Elsa will recover.

Relationships:
Jiaying: The matriarch of Afterlife was the one to find Elsa and teach her the ways of Inhumans. Though Elsa was unwilling to stay with them, the two bonded over Elsa’s instruction and Jiaying’s own powers resembling her own.
Daisy Johnson: Daisy tried to recruit Elsa into her Secret Warriors, and though Elsa was happy to share stories of Daisy’s mother, she was no more willing to be tied down to an organization like SHIELD as she was staying in one place at Afterlife. The two stay in contact.
Various Inhumans Through Afterlife, Elsa came into contact with many Inhumans.
SHIELD Through Daisy and thus Phil Coulson, Elsa is a known entity in the powered intelligence community.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Nothing specific, but given the nature of Elsa’s power, she can take things much farther than usual.
Absolute No-Nos: None

Neysha

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 09:35:04 AM
NEYSHA!!! Sorry 'bout last time, i was going through some stuff. Will you be my Dagger once more, madam? <3

Of course I will. :)
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Mathim

I really do hate to do this but I had intended for this game to be all canon characters, not originals. I find OCs create too much complication, especially with the freedom to make personalities of canon characters looser than their counterparts. I am sorry but I can't approve Elsa's character profile.  :'(

You don't have to use the same face claim as any established MCU character, it's just an option.

Lithium

Is the game's plot picking up post-everything that's happened so far in the MCU, somewhere along the way, in an alternate universe or what?  Just so we know how to set up our histories, existing character relationships and all that. ^^

Neysha

Player Name: Neysha
Character Name/Alias: Tandy Bowen/ Dagger
Orientation: Bisexual-Heterosexual Favored
Appearance: FaceClaim Olivia Holt
Background: Tandy Bowen was a sixteen-year-old girl who grew up in Shaker Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland where many wealthy people live. Bowen's mother, Melissa, was a celebrated and self-centered model who had become rich not only from her own career but also from receiving her previous husband's estate. Tandy was still hurt by her father's leaving and did not accept her stepfather. Her mother also neglected her. Feeling unloved, Tandy left home on a bus for New York City. While there, a man tried to rob her but was stopped by Tyrone and returned Tandy's purse. The two teens became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her; however, the two teens were soon forcibly delivered to criminal chemist Dr. Simon Marshall.

Marshall was developing a new synthetic heroin called D-Lite, for the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen in some way survived the injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two became Cloak and Dagger, pledging to protect other young people from the dangers they had encountered. Tandy is fiercely loyal to Tyrone.

Brief summary of abilities/Skills: Living Lightforce Generation: Dagger generates a form of 'living light' which is actually lifeforce. She produces much more than normal humans do, but is usually conservative in the use of her powers.  Dagger generates and stores this power automatically. She can form 6-inch 'light daggers' which she can throw from her fingertips. Her daggers may automatically form under certain conditions, such as another person in danger. The daggers seem to weaken with further distance. Dagger has a very limited ability to control their flight and reinforce them by compelling them to seek targets. Those hit by these knives have their own lifeforce disrupted. Dagger can then drain a portion of their lifeforce up to possibly lethal effects. Almost always though, she chooses to leave them in a state of shock where they will see a vision of how their life might be different. Her energy can also 'purge' a person, removing toxins, drugs, and other malignant substances from their system. It may also have the capacity to cure some people of the chemical component of addiction.
Established Relationships: Partner of Cloak.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla Sex, Group Sex, Interracial etc
Absolute No-Nos: Toilet and Bathroom Play. Extreme BDSM. Mind Control.
My Request Thread

Niferbelle

Quote from: Mathim on April 08, 2016, 10:14:21 PM
Sure, Spider-Man's in the MCU now, so why not? But she'll have to be a good girl, this is strictly heroes and anti-heroes, not villains, at least not til we fill enough hero slots. No sneaky helping herself to the loot after she beats up some crooks.   ;D

Excellent! I promise she will behave >.> I'll work on a character sheet. Just wondering, if I otherwise keep the character consistent, can I play with race a little? Don't know if I will, just wondering if the option is there.

Kadigan

I'm almost done with my White Tiger bio but am sort of struck by the sameness, meaning someone wronged, they want to help, etc etc. Would perhaps a change in gears and a version of Joystick be acceptable? Basically someone in it for the rush and thrill rather then anything more "noble."

TheBlackThrone

I'm not really a fan of Microchip, and I just see Frank shooting him in the face lol. So...if I can just have Frank be solo with NPC connections (to fill in the weapons dealing void and hacker void) that would be better. Although, he has been capable of customizing his own weapons as well as hacking if need be. His connections/snitches will always be out there and available.

Speaking of such, I'm finishing up his profile and if anyone would like to have connections with Frank whether they be canon or made-up to fit this story, let me know.  :-)
The gates are open

eternaldarkness

Need to think of ways to tone cloak down to MCU levels without losing his flavor, then I'll get a sheet up

TheBlackThrone

The Punisher
Face Claim: Will Thomas Jane
Player Name: TheBlackThrone
Character Name: Frank Castle (formerly changed from Francis Castiglione)
Aliases: Frank Castle, Frank Castiglione, Johnny Tower, Frank Tower, Patrick Hicks, Mr. Smith, John Smith, Charles Fort, Frank Rook, Frankencastle, Captain America, Big Nothing, Francias Stronghold, James Maxwell, Ted Bishop, Mr. Groetsch, Tony Knowlen Ross, Mr. Yousoufian, Bi, and more.
Age: Realistically, he would be in his 60s but he's spent a lot of time being a zombie and being resurrected by Marvel Writers, I'm making his "appearance" 30s.
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Orientation: Heterosexual
Relatives: Maria Elizabeth Castle (wife, deceased), Lisa Barbara Castle (daughter, deceased), Francis Castle (son, deceased), Mario Castiglione (father, deceased), and Louisa Castiglione (mother, deceased).
Overall Status: Widower, Former Special Forces, US Marine & Instructor, and Vigilante.
Alignment: Anti-Hero

Skills and Abilities
  • Maximum Human Conditioning
  • Master Martial Artist
  • Weapons Specialist
  • Krav Maga Knife Training
  • Nash-Ryu Jiu Jitsu
  • Hwa rang do
  • Chin Na
  • Ninjutsu and Shorin-Ryu
  • Expert Marksman
  • Expert Pilot
  • Expert Interrogator
  • Extensive Special Operations Training
  • Expert Tactician
  • Combat Versatility
  • Killer Instinct
  • Extraordinary Pain Tolerance
  • Peak Reflexes
  • Technical Genius

Strength Level

The Punisher possesses the normal human strength of a 6'1" 200-pound man, who engages in intensive and extensive physical exercise. Frank is capable of press lifting up to twice his body-weight and can press lift 400 lbs. Frank engages in a brutal regimen of calisthenics, katas and firing range practice daily, maintaining his combat skills and he does not drink alcohol or do drugs. (cited from Marvel.wikia)

Weapons and Gear
The Punisher mostly uses conventional firearms, explosives, and knives. Most of these weapons are confiscated from dead criminals. He keeps these weapons in his bases/garages/warehouses/safe-houses, wherever they may be. He cleans and repairs his guns every other morning after extensive physical training. One of his most favored is the M60 machine gun, a weapon he has used since Vietnam. Otherwise he was regularly seen over the decades sporting an Uzi 9mm.

Because of his extensive use of the rifle since Vietnam, Castle uses an M16A3 fitted with an M203, despite his dislike of 5.56 Ammunition. His backup of choice is a Derringer D32. His knife of choice is a Gerber Mk2. (Sourced from Comicvine.com)

Established Relationships:

Blade: Frank and Blade were after the same man once except that Frank had no idea that the man was a vampire. They both teamed up to take down a coven a vamps and for being a human, he was able to earn the hunter's full respect. They remain acquaintances to this day, and both believe they would have each other's back again in the future.

Luke Cage: Both writers agreed to have Luke Cage's prison change from Seagate to Riker's Island for the sake of character relations. They were bunkmate's in Riker's and Luke must have learned what kind of man he was around lunch time. What would normally be civilly handled and what normally would be an unlikely situation, the cafeteria erupted into fistfight chaos over Frank's tater tots. Luke had his back, but really, he had been making sure to put the other inmates down before Frank could put them down permanently.

Jessica Jones: Frank saw this girl on the news. She is one of the few super heroines that actually understands how to end a problem.

Daredevil: Frank doesn't like when Matt and his philosophical and liberal perspective on justice get in his way. If he keeps insisting on being a villain shield, then one day...maybe just one day, Frank might put him down for good. No hard feelings. The guy is a true hero, he just really needs to mind his own damn business.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Refer to O/Os. I’m a “go with the flow” type of writer. If I see chemistry happen between him and another character IC, then I will happily partake in the love-interest. Chemistry always makes the sex scenes way more delicious. So, I don’t really care about canon relationships. If The Punisher and another hero were to hit it off because their personalities and interest just clicked, then by all means. I am happy.
Absolute No-Nos: Refer to O/Os but basically anything that belongs in a toilet needs to stay there, no tickling, and no excessive blood or semen play.
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 12:17:16 PM
Is the game's plot picking up post-everything that's happened so far in the MCU, somewhere along the way, in an alternate universe or what?  Just so we know how to set up our histories, existing character relationships and all that. ^^

Let's say we're post-Daredevil season 2, so Civil War hasn't quite happened yet but the ATCU is largely hunting Inhumans, but their focus is shifting to cooperation with SHIELD, meaning anyone with superhuman capabilities may have been afraid to step out of the shadow, but is now much safer in doing so as far as government regulation. The fact that they're all going to end up being targeted by the upcoming threat is going to force them to anyway whether they want to or not.

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on April 10, 2016, 01:50:06 PM
I'm almost done with my White Tiger bio but am sort of struck by the sameness, meaning someone wronged, they want to help, etc etc. Would perhaps a change in gears and a version of Joystick be acceptable? Basically someone in it for the rush and thrill rather then anything more "noble."

From what I read on Wikipedia, Joystick crosses over the threshold of what separates street-level in this instance from Avenger status, so unfortunately no.

Everyone, go ahead and continue posting your submissions here and I'm going to set up our Profiles and OOC Thread which I'll link in the first post of this thread. Thanks for the continued interest!  ;D

Kadigan

Mathim

Really sorry to hear that. Well, I guess that means anyone who wants to double up now has much better odds of being able to play whomever they want.

eternaldarkness

Honestly, cloak is a bit strong to be considered truly 'street-level' too. He's one of the most, if not the most, powerful teleporters in the marvel U, and his abilities are basically an 'i win' button while also being very passive in nature and thus hard to write interestingly. I may have to pick someone else, or bow out myself. Similarly, Luke cage and Iron Fist are both avengers-level strong, unless you tone them down a LOT. So if Joystick is too strong, then they most definitely are, and we're running out of 'street-level' heroes from the MCU rapidly. Suggestions, GM?

TheBlackThrone

Cloak and Dagger are considered street-level in Marvel though and so is Ghost Rider believe it or not lol.
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 03:07:18 PM
Honestly, cloak is a bit strong to be considered truly 'street-level' too. He's one of the most, if not the most, powerful teleporters in the marvel U, and his abilities are basically an 'i win' button while also being very passive in nature and thus hard to write interestingly. I may have to pick someone else, or bow out myself. Similarly, Luke cage and Iron Fist are both avengers-level strong, unless you tone them down a LOT. So if Joystick is too strong, then they most definitely are, and we're running out of 'street-level' heroes from the MCU rapidly. Suggestions, GM?

Well if they can't jump as high as Spidey or Cap or lift what either of them can, it's not quite overpowered. In the MCU, at least, many feats the majority of these characters (Daredevil, Punisher) can perform in the comic books are just plain impossible, and they've been doing a pretty good job of making that clear in the movies and shows (especially with Batroc the Leaper). I thought everyone would understand that their non-super-solider-type characters are much more grounded but for their key abilities. Luke Cage would be the exception but his name is inexorably attached to it so I gave him a pass just for this one instance, but most of the others are pretty sufficiently limited that I didn't perceive it being a problem.

Cloak, I wasn't too familiar with as far as teleportation. What I remember of him from the Maximum Carnage arc of Spider-Man seemed like he would be okay with general street hoods, trapping them in his darkness and expelling them with serious heebie-jeebies but with the dark nature of the forces coming for them now, he wouldn't have quite so much an advantage. But it's up to you, to continue to play him, perhaps tone it down or impose some limits, or choose another character. I want you to feel comfortable playing it.

Ghost Rider, though, no way that's street level. At least not the way he's shown in the movies.

Hawkeye is an Avenger in the MCU and he has no powers that they've shown.  Avenging is more of a mindset and a social club than a power tier.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
Cloak and Dagger are considered street-level in Marvel though and so is Ghost Rider believe it or not lol.

We need a better definition of 'street level', because raw power is not an indicator, so much as where and how they operate. Hell, Captain America is considered street-level by many peoples' assessment. So, how about some options to customize a bit, GM? I'm fine losing cloaks nigh-invulnerability for something more active that still feels like him.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/shroudofsorrow/lists/marvel-and-dc-street-level-characters/42405/

Quote from: Karma on April 10, 2016, 03:21:31 PM
Hawkeye is an Avenger in the MCU and he has no powers that they've shown.  Avenging is more of a mindset and a social club than a power tier.

Also, this. Right here. This is truth.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 03:22:01 PM
We need a better definition of 'street level', because raw power is not an indicator, so much as where and how they operate. Hell, Captain America is considered street-level by many peoples' assessment. So, how about some options to customize a bit, GM? I'm fine losing cloaks nigh-invulnerability for something more active that still feels like him.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/shroudofsorrow/lists/marvel-and-dc-street-level-characters/42405/

Also, this. Right here. This is truth.

With all the parodies and such out there that point this out, everyone should know when we're talking about the Avengers, we don't mean Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Captain America is the next example, then. In MCU he's stronger than he is in the comics, yes, but at best he has mild super strength and accelerated healing. Luke Cage already has him beat and Jessica Jones likely does as well.

eternaldarkness

And in the interest of helpfulness, some other possibilities for 'street-level':

Shang-Chi
Elektra
Black Cat
Colleen Wing
Misty Knight

I can draw on some C and Z-list heroes too, if we need more, but we'll be getting into unknown territory and the list will start looking very samey, especially since power level is a big limiter.

Mathim

Quote from: Karma on April 10, 2016, 03:26:50 PM
Captain America is the next example, then. In MCU he's stronger than he is in the comics, yes, but at best he has mild super strength and accelerated healing. Luke Cage already has him beat and Jessica Jones likely does as well.

What I saw of Luke Cage leads me to believe that while he may match Cap in strength, he doesn't necessarily have the same leaping capability or agility (or training) or speed. That one aspect (well, that, and the unbreakable skin), I feel, while it does make him seem overpowered for street-level, does make it important that they do have someone of his level for the threats no one else is capable of tangling with. He's nowhere near as mobile, no shield ergo no long-range attacking capability, basically a less-active Hulk Lite, I'd classify it, I suppose. It also doesn't make him immune from dark forces if the bad guys resort to using supernatural means to strike at him.

Jessica Jones' powers were also significantly toned down for the MCU and that, I feel, makes her appropriate at this level.

Iron Fist is still human and should be no more capable of superhuman feats than Daredevil, but his Iron Fists and chi-based healing are a huge asset. So while some of the characters seem off-set, I think the fact that there are many normal humans in the group helps maintain a balance and a good range. Maybe I'm alone in that...

This is why I'd argue for mindset over powers; it quickly devolves into this vs that but what about this opinion clash. But I'm not even a player in this game now, so I'll let it be. :P

Deathnote

Hmm... I've always been told that Spider-Man is considered the strongest street-level superhero.  As in, he hits the ceiling of what qualifies as "street-level".  I guess the MCU uses a more strict standard?

I was going to suggest having Ben Reilly being only half as strong as Parker due to... clone degeneration?  Still, a lifting strength of 5 tons and reflexes faster than average by a factor of 7.5 might still be a bit much for this game's power level.

Mathim

Well most of the suggested characters are either extremely similar to the 'peak human' archetype (Shang Chi), or are confirmed Defenders already, or are at least in development for their own TV programs (Cloak and Dagger, for instance). Those that run similar to that are generally appropriate, and there's some leeway for a bit of extra kick. But once you start closing the gap on Spidey and Cap, both of whom are capable of great feats of human agility and strength with expert levels of control and even further special skills (web-slinging/Spider Sense or Cap's Shield defense and throwing talent), it decreases the element of challenge. That may not make sense but it'll keep things from being too simple. Our heroes may find themselves forced to retreat at times.

When they can lift massively heavy objects over their heads (for Cap, a motorcycle with three women on top of it) that makes the definition of street-level seem obtuse. Maybe if it wasn't an all-inclusive package, a la Luke Cage, that would help their case.

And yeah, that Ben Reilly factor is still Avenger-y.

eternaldarkness

Gonna bow out. This one feels like it's gonna be a lot of 'all the same except the ones who are better'. Sorry, Neysha.

Mathim

Methinks I should have elaborated more then on the definition. Luke Cage is admittedly out of place and really only included because he's in the actual series coming up. Cloak is a bit of a wild card too I suppose, but the dark forces they're going up against would be messing with him a lot, trying to get him to come over to their side and such. Other than that though I think it's pretty straightforward.

Lithium

I don't really get why going into the minute details of power levels is so important in the first place. The characters are all on the same side, and group games tend to be more about the social aspects, not competing to see who can knock out the most bad guys in every fight or who can bench press the most. It's not like you can perfectly quantify every super power anyways, you're always going to have some differences and some people specializing more or less in different things.

I know the example gets thrown around a lot, but if Hawkeye and Black Widow can be made to work as part of the Avengers, I don't see why any combination of street-ish level heroes wouldn't work just fine. A bit of common sense and self-restraint goes a long way.

Mathim

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 04:10:37 PM
I don't really get why going into the minute details of power levels is so important in the first place. The characters are all on the same side, and group games tend to be more about the social aspects, not competing to see who can knock out the most bad guys in every fight or who can bench press the most. It's not like you can perfectly quantify every super power anyways, you're always going to have some differences and some people specializing more or less in different things.

I know the example gets thrown around a lot, but if Hawkeye and Black Widow can be made to work as part of the Avengers, I don't see why any combination of street-ish level heroes wouldn't work just fine. A bit of common sense and self-restraint goes a long way.

Well self restraint doesn't always work, so the characters' base abilities being more limited would keep that in check. I'd like to think everyone has this quality, but also the idea of working with those limits to find more creative solutions to defeating enemies and overcoming obstacles. Maybe it's not as easy a concept to organize as I thought.

Lithium

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 04:22:49 PM
Well self restraint doesn't always work, so the characters' base abilities being more limited would keep that in check.

Mhmm, I meant self-restraint in terms of setting those limits for our own characters as much as how we handle them.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 04:22:49 PM
Well self restraint doesn't always work, so the characters' base abilities being more limited would keep that in check. I'd like to think everyone has this quality, but also the idea of working with those limits to find more creative solutions to defeating enemies and overcoming obstacles. Maybe it's not as easy a concept to organize as I thought.

I think the problem you're encountering is that too much emphasis is being put on controlling power levels while you simultaneously make exceptions (Luke Cage, Iron Fist) and also poorly define your definition of street-level. Maybe just saying 'nobody with superpowers' would be better, or calling out some specific power thresholds, or even allowing people to tone down characters to fit would work better. You're also adding an additional constraint by focusing on the MCU continuity, which by its nature limits character possibilities because it just doesn't have much of a cast to work with aside from the Avengers. This is an area where some flexibility in thinking would help you a lot - maybe focus on what the characters do rather than what they are? There's a pretty good selection of possible street-level heroes that are also incredibly interesting if you dig deep enough. Here's an updated list i got from a few minutes searching google and dredging the depths of my extensive marvel fanboy nerdmemory:

Updated list of possible street-level heroes
Shang-Chi
Elektra
Black Cat
Colleen Wing
Misty Knight
Prodigy
Ricochet
Hornet
Black Widow (Yelena belova, the other one)
Hellcat
Echo/Ronin (Maya Lopez) - I think she was already disqualified?
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
Squirrel Girl
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) - Might be disqualified since she was an Avenger
Silk - Same as Spider-Woman. Seems like the Spiders are right out.
Night Thrasher
Rage
MVP
Armory
Microbe
Speedball
Namorita

All of the Immortal Weapons: Bride of Nine Spiders, Dog Brother #1, Fat Cobra, Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, The Prince of Orphans
All the Runaways: Sister Grimm, Chase Stein, Arsenic and Old Lace, Molly Hayes/Power princess

Mathim

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 04:33:07 PM
Mhmm, I meant self-restraint in terms of setting those limits for our own characters as much as how we handle them.

That's sadly not the reality most of the time. The idea to make this more restrained than a standard Avengers RP sounded a lot simpler in my head but I can't make everybody happy if this is to stay within the bounds of something they would be handling as opposed to the Avengers.

If we were to leave out certain characters until a later point, i.e. the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Cloak characters, until they were needed when the biggest bad shows up, that would probably have simplified this entire thing from the start. They'd be the exceptions to the rule if only because they're already aired or confirmed to be in development. Most everybody else was either Iron Fist or Blade level or below, which would be very appropriately street-level.

If anyone is still interested, and this makes sense, maybe we can make this work.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 04:43:38 PM
That's sadly not the reality most of the time. The idea to make this more restrained than a standard Avengers RP sounded a lot simpler in my head but I can't make everybody happy if this is to stay within the bounds of something they would be handling as opposed to the Avengers.

If we were to leave out certain characters until a later point, i.e. the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Cloak characters, until they were needed when the biggest bad shows up, that would probably have simplified this entire thing from the start. They'd be the exceptions to the rule if only because they're already aired or confirmed to be in development. Most everybody else was either Iron Fist or Blade level or below, which would be very appropriately street-level.

If anyone is still interested, and this makes sense, maybe we can make this work.

I'd love to see this happen. Would you accept a toned-down/altered version of cloak that fits better for a street-level story and has some more active abilities? Or maybe someone else like Ricochet or Night Thrasher? Those guys are still low-powered and very street-level, but they have enough uniqueness to make it so they don't feel like another PunchyMcShootStab D-List hero. Powers are what make the superhero genre interesting, and if everyone has basically the same powers the best part of the genre is lost.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 04:52:19 PM
I'd love to see this happen. Would you accept a toned-down/altered version of cloak that fits better for a street-level story and has some more active abilities? Or maybe someone else like Ricochet or Night Thrasher? Those guys are still low-powered and very street-level, but they have enough uniqueness to make it so they don't feel like another PunchyMcShootStab D-List hero. Powers are what make the superhero genre interesting, and if everyone has basically the same powers the best part of the genre is lost.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm hoping for. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't fit the general idea but their names are in it because Marvel Studios says they are. While Jones isn't that impressive compared to her comics counterpart, she is still pretty superhuman (wish the series had been better.) So if we keep them in the reserves, that would be best until the rest of the group starts getting overwhelmed.

What kind of variation of Cloak might you have had in mind? I would like him to still be able to work with Dagger.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 05:14:12 PM
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm hoping for. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't fit the general idea but their names are in it because Marvel Studios says they are. While Jones isn't that impressive compared to her comics counterpart, she is still pretty superhuman (wish the series had been better.) So if we keep them in the reserves, that would be best until the rest of the group starts getting overwhelmed.

What kind of variation of Cloak might you have had in mind? I would like him to still be able to work with Dagger.

Firstly, his ability to be completely intangible while messing people up with a passive life-drain aura is too strong, and super-boring to write. So i'd drop the intangibility, keep the teleportation and shadowy cloak of doom, and give him some kind of more offensive ability like, i dunno, some shadowy tendrils coming from within the cloak he can fight with.In the comicverse it's a known fact that his particular portion of the darkforce dimension is inhabited by a demon called the Predator, and that this is the source of his hunger - so lets let the predator out in giant scary tentacle form!

He has a built-in limit on his teleportation too, in that he can only teleport others IF they can survive the Darkforce Dimension (basically, only dagger can). I'd love to play up his dark nature and the constant hunger for life energy.

Also, tentacles. Just sayin'.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 04:10:37 PM

I agree with this. No matter the story it's really determined by how the game goes.

Misty Knight bio coming up!!!

This is a big reason why I wanted to go OC - MCU is limited in this field and when I design the character I can guarantee it fits the requirements.

Sirian Eve

If anyone wants to collaborate on a history please throw me a line.

Mathim

Quote from: Karma on April 10, 2016, 05:31:49 PM
This is a big reason why I wanted to go OC - MCU is limited in this field and when I design the character I can guarantee it fits the requirements.

I understand, it's just if we allow original characters then why bother basing this off an existing continuity? Especially with a limited cast as it is.

And eternaldarkness, I think that sounds good, but if you want to include a draining effect where Cloak's use of his powers takes a toll and he needs to recharge periodically, that would help since he's still quite powerful. If not, that's still fine, but the dark forces are going to be targeting him especially, and vicariously, Dagger to get to him since their nature is so similar. His friends might come to mistrust him or consider him a liability, just to shake things up.

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 05:55:18 PM
If anyone wants to collaborate on a history please throw me a line.

If you were still interested in Misty Knight and nobody else wants to play Iron Fist, I'll be your Huckleberry.  ;)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 05:55:33 PM
I understand, it's just if we allow original characters then why bother basing this off an existing continuity? Especially with a limited cast as it is.

And eternaldarkness, I think that sounds good, but if you want to include a draining effect where Cloak's use of his powers takes a toll and he needs to recharge periodically, that would help since he's still quite powerful. If not, that's still fine, but the dark forces are going to be targeting him especially, and vicariously, Dagger to get to him since their nature is so similar.

I could work with that, though how often are we trying to have him need to 'recharge', and how does he go about it? Suddenly dropping to uselessness at crucial points is really annoying from both a narrative and player standpoint. It may be easier to just trim his powers down even further, though at that point it's probably time to just give up on Cloak as anything but an NPC and make someone else.

Edit: Actually, i'll find someone else. Now it's getting too far away from the core of what the character is. Any suggestions of what would be acceptable to you, GM?

Deathnote

I think the division you're looking for is less about super powers and more about tone, scope, and competence.

Here's my two cents on the issue:

Lots of rambling here.  Not too important.  Skip if you want.
For example, when you watch an MCU movie, the superheroes are usually dealing with threats on a global scale, such as Alien Invasions and giant monsters.  The Hulk dealt with the military, including tanks and helicopters.  Iron Man dealt with terrorists located in another country altogether.  Thor had to deal with Loki and other aliens.  Captain America would've been Street-Level if not for Red Skull, the Tesseract cube, and the weapons of mass destruction.  In his second movie, he was taking out military vehicles with just his shield alone.

The MCU movies were a lot more fantastical in tone and contained more "out there" elements.  The chances of even the nameless minions having superpowers goes way up in these movies.

The Netflix series, on the other hand, are more gritty in tone and more "grounded" in reality.  Yes, superpowers and supernatural elements do pop up, but the difference is in how they are treated.  For example, Luke Cage's indestructibility is considered a big deal, but can you honestly see him coming out on top in a fight against a platoon of trained military soldiers, a modern-era tank, and maybe a combat helicopter?  Netflix Daredevil might be able to pull it off if he got lucky enough (don't know about Comicbook Daredevil), but Captain America made it look easy in comparison.

Clint Barton and Natasha Romanov are in the weird grey area between street-level and the fantastical.  If we're talking about skills and abilities alone, then they might be considered street-level.  What puts them above street-level in my opinion, however, is their vast experience and access to SHIELD technology.  That they are able to take on aliens from another world or treat Voltron's robots like the minions they are places their level of competence just above street-level.  If you could somehow take away their technology and their training (amnesia?), then maybe they might count as street-level?  I would also argue that Spider-Man started out as street-level during his high-school days, but graduated past that by actually growing up, becoming more experienced, and upgrading his arsenal.

With that said, I believe a good test for whether or not your character is street-level is by taking a super-powered minion from one of the MCU movies (i.e., Chitauri foot solider or a Voltron bot) and imagine a fight between the two.  If your character can take out that minion with relative ease, then chances are they're not street-level.  If that same minion could fit right in as the main antagonist of an episode, then your character might be street-level.  Might I also suggest that if a superhero were to be disqualified due to being a part of the Avengers at one point, that said superhero's biography could be altered so that they're still inexperienced and learning how to use their powers?  For example, with Echo, just cut out all the parts that came after shooting the Kingpin in the face.  With Cloak, you could have Cloak and Dagger just very recently get their superpowers.  Cloak's intangibility could then be counter-balanced by him still learning how to effectively use his powers.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:01:15 PM
I could work with that, though how often are we trying to have him need to 'recharge', and how does he go about it? Suddenly dropping to uselessness at crucial points is really annoying from both a narrative and player standpoint. It may be easier to just trim his powers down even further, though at that point it's probably time to just give up on Cloak as anything but an NPC and make someone else.

Edit: Actually, i'll find someone else. Now it's getting too far away from the core of what the character is. Any suggestions of what would be acceptable to you, GM?

I meant that if he's really using his power intensely and non-stop for the duration of a very intense battle, that would leave him feeling pretty drained for maybe an hour as long as he doesn't use them during that hour. But it's fine if that's too great a restriction.

Quote from: Deathnote on April 10, 2016, 06:05:40 PM
I think the division you're looking for is less about super powers and more about tone, scope, and competence.

Here's my two cents on the issue:

Lots of rambling here.  Not too important.  Skip if you want.
For example, when you watch an MCU movie, the superheroes are usually dealing with threats on a global scale, such as Alien Invasions and giant monsters.  The Hulk dealt with the military, including tanks and helicopters.  Iron Man dealt with terrorists located in another country altogether.  Thor had to deal with Loki and other aliens.  Captain America would've been Street-Level if not for Red Skull, the Tesseract cube, and the weapons of mass destruction.  In his second movie, he was taking out military vehicles with just his shield alone.

The MCU movies were a lot more fantastical in tone and contained more "out there" elements.  The chances of even the nameless minions having superpowers goes way up in these movies.

The Netflix series, on the other hand, are more gritty in tone and more "grounded" in reality.  Yes, superpowers and supernatural elements do pop up, but the difference is in how they are treated.  For example, Luke Cage's indestructibility is considered a big deal, but can you honestly see him coming out on top in a fight against a platoon of trained military soldiers, a modern-era tank, and maybe a combat helicopter?  Netflix Daredevil might be able to pull it off if he got lucky enough (don't know about Comicbook Daredevil), but Captain America made it look easy in comparison.

Clint Barton and Natasha Romanov are in the weird grey area between street-level and the fantastical.  If we're talking about skills and abilities alone, then they might be considered street-level.  What puts them above street-level in my opinion, however, is their vast experience and access to SHIELD technology.  That they are able to take on aliens from another world or treat Voltron's robots like the minions they are places their level of competence just above street-level.  If you could somehow take away their technology and their training (amnesia?), then maybe they might count as street-level?  I would also argue that Spider-Man started out as street-level during his high-school days, but graduated past that by actually growing up, becoming more experienced, and upgrading his arsenal.

With that said, I believe a good test for whether or not your character is street-level is by taking a super-powered minion from one of the MCU movies (i.e., Chitauri foot solider or a Voltron bot) and imagine a fight between the two.  If your character can take out that minion with relative ease, then chances are they're not street-level.  If that same minion could fit right in as the main antagonist of an episode, then your character might be street-level.  Might I also suggest that if a superhero were to be disqualified due to being a part of the Avengers at one point, that said superhero's biography could be altered so that they're still inexperienced and learning how to use their powers?  For example, with Echo, just cut out all the parts that came after shooting the Kingpin in the face.  With Cloak, you could have Cloak and Dagger just very recently get their superpowers.  Cloak's intangibility could then be counter-balanced by him still learning how to effectively use his powers.

I never actually denied Echo from participating, I just said that at that time I didn't know anything about the character. Having looked it up, I think she'd actually fit quite nicely if anyone still wants to claim her.

And I like that idea of Cloak and Dagger also being inexperienced with their powers if the other restriction is too much.

eternaldarkness

I can work with that. Actually, cloak straining his powers is a thing that happens with alarming frequency. I'll write him up.

Oh, and bring on those Forces of Darkness. That actually sounds cool.

Niferbelle

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 05:55:33 PM
If you were still interested in Misty Knight and nobody else wants to play Iron Fist, I'll be your Huckleberry.  ;)

Praxis said something about playing Iron Fist I believe.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:13:38 PM
I can work with that. Actually, cloak straining his powers is a thing that happens with alarming frequency. I'll write him up.

Oh, and bring on those Forces of Darkness. That actually sounds cool.

Wonderful! Oh, and they'll come, mwa ha ha!

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 10, 2016, 06:16:57 PM
Praxis said something about playing Iron Fist I believe.

I PMed him to see what his ultimate decision is. That's why I'm abstaining from choosing so as to allow maximum freedom of choice for you lovely folks.

Lithium

Sooo, should I be looking for a new character? Not really sure what's going on anymore.  O.o

TheBlackThrone

You guys should pick the character you want and play it. Adapt as the game requires you to. It'll make your lives easier because as it has already been said. What is going to determine whether you have fun or not is you, the writer over all. I've seen writers leave games for other reasons unrelated to the character they chose or how strong/weak he or she was. So I really wouldn't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and interacting with others.
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 06:30:14 PM
You guys should pick the character you want and play it. Adapt as the game requires you to. It'll make your lives easier because as it has already been said. What is going to determine whether you have fun or not is you, the writer over all. I've seen writers leave games for other reasons unrelated to the character they chose or how strong/weak he or she was. So I really wouldn't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and interacting with others.

I think, as you put it, just avoid being a Mary Sue or Gary Stu and it should all work out. Games aren't fun if they aren't challenging.

eternaldarkness

Cloak
Player Name: Eternaldarkness
Character Name/Alias: Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Appearance:
Face Claim: Michael Ealy

Quote: "Farewell, priest. We leave you with your prayers. Use them to convince evil men to do good....because if you don't, I will soon find them." -Cloak

Background:
Raised in a poor South Boston neighborhood, Tyrone Johnson was a good student despite his chronic stutter, a disability he struggled to master with the support of his best friend, Billy. When Tyrone was 17, he and Billy witnessed the robbery of a local store and the fatal shooting of its clerk. The thieves fled, and Billy ran as well, fearing that he and Tyrone might be wrongly suspected of the crime. When a policeman ordered Billy to stop, Tyrone tried to proclaim Billy's innocence, but his stuttering made it impossible to speak clearly, and the officer shot Billy dead. Feeling responsible for Billy's death and afraid of the police, Johnson ran away to New York City.

Arriving at Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal, a penniless Tyrone considered robbing Tandy Bowen, a rich girl who had also run away from home; yet when someone else robbed her first, Tyrone impulsively tackled the thief and returned Tandy's purse. The two teens became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her; however, the two teens were soon forcibly delivered to criminal chemist Dr. Simon Marshall.

Marshall was developing a new synthetic heroin called D-Lite, for the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen in some way survived the injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two teens dubbed themselves Cloak & Dagger and declared war on drug crime. Tyrone is unswervingly loyal to Tandy.

Brief summary of abilities/Skills:
Cloak's body is a portal to the "Darkforce Dimension," a world of strange ebony energy. Cloak is linked to a pocket realm of that dimension dominated by the Predator, which compels Cloak to absorb the life forces of other beings; but Dagger's light can temporarily satisfy this craving.

Cloak can channel Darkforce to create a field of darkness filled with horrifying tendrils and indistinct monstrous images in his general vicinity. People enveloped by Cloak's darkness see disturbing visions of their worst fears and are assaulted by the monstrous tendrils within. Overlong exposure to the darkness can drive people insane, and unprotected victims trapped in Cloak's dark realm are gradually drained of their life force, and presumably die unless Cloak releases them. Dagger's light renders her largely immune to Cloak's darkness and seems to pacify the monsters within, and she can extend her light to protect others within Cloak's darkness if need be.

Cloak can travel rapidly and move through solid objects by entering the Darkforce dimension, moving a short distance within it and emerging back on Earth an equivalent distance from his point of origin. By absorbing them into his darkness, Cloak can carry other persons or objects along with himself in this fashion, too, a feat usually reserved for Dagger since most beings cannot safely traverse the Darkforce. Cloak could potentially carry dozens or even hundreds of people at once, but such an effort would leave him considerably weakened and might even prove fatal.

Weaknesses:
Cloak feels a constant hunger which must be fed by life energy, which is akin to the light of a soul. Dagger is one of the only possible sources of this energy and she regularly "feeds" him with her light bolts. Other sources of light don't work, and if Cloak is exposed to too much pure light energy, it will temporarily completely sate his hunger and he will revert back into his human form briefly. While in human form he has no access to his powers.

Established Relationships: Partner of Dagger.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: None in particular. I like a lot of things.
Absolute No-Nos: Bathroom stuff.

Lithium

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:46:54 PM
Cloak

Here's a smaller version of your character portrait if you wanna use it, it's kinda hard to see properly when it's 3 times the size of the screen. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 06:55:08 PM
Here's a smaller version of your character portrait if you wanna use it, it's kinda hard to see properly when it's 3 times the size of the screen. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Hmm, i thought i'd sized it down a lot. I'll drop it some more.

Edit: Also, altered his powers a bit, dropping the enhanced strength for...tentacles.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:46:54 PM
Cloak
Player Name: Eternaldarkness
Character Name/Alias: Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Appearance:

Quote: "When I put on the cloak, I let my darkness come out."

Background:
Raised in a poor South Boston neighborhood, Tyrone Johnson was a good student despite his chronic stutter, a disability he struggled to master with the support of his best friend, Billy. When Tyrone was 17, he and Billy witnessed the robbery of a local store and the fatal shooting of its clerk. The thieves fled, and Billy ran as well, fearing that he and Tyrone might be wrongly suspected of the crime. When a policeman ordered Billy to stop, Tyrone tried to proclaim Billy's innocence, but his stuttering made it impossible to speak clearly, and the officer shot Billy dead. Feeling responsible for Billy's death and afraid of the police, Johnson ran away to New York City.

Arriving at Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal, a penniless Tyrone considered robbing Tandy Bowen, a rich girl who had also run away from home; yet when someone else robbed her first, Tyrone impulsively tackled the thief and returned Tandy's purse. The two teens became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her; however, the two teens were soon forcibly delivered to criminal chemist Dr. Simon Marshall.

Marshall was developing a new synthetic heroin called D-Lite, for the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen in some way survived the injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two teens dubbed themselves Cloak & Dagger and declared war on drug crime. Tyrone is unswervingly loyal to Tandy.

Cloak's body is a portal to the "Darkforce Dimension," a world of strange ebony energy. Cloak is linked to a pocket realm of that dimension dominated by the Predator, which compels Cloak to absorb the life forces of other beings; but Dagger's light can temporarily satisfy this craving.

Cloak can channel Darkforce to create a field of darkness filled with horrifying tendrils and indistinct monstrous images in his general vicinity. People enveloped by Cloak's darkness see disturbing visions of their worst fears and are assaulted by the monstrous tendrils within. Overlong exposure to the darkness can drive people insane, and unprotected victims trapped in Cloak's dark realm are gradually drained of their life force, and presumably die unless Cloak releases them. Dagger's light renders her largely immune to Cloak's darkness and seems to pacify the monsters within, and she can extend her light to protect others within Cloak's darkness if need be.

Cloak can travel rapidly and move through solid objects by entering the Darkforce dimension, moving a short distance within it and emerging back on Earth an equivalent distance from his point of origin. By absorbing them into his darkness, Cloak can carry other persons or objects along with himself in this fashion, too, a feat usually reserved for Dagger since most beings cannot safely traverse the Darkforce. Cloak could potentially carry dozens or even hundreds of people at once, but such an effort would leave him considerably weakened and might even prove fatal.

Established Relationships: Partner of Dagger.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: None in particular. I like a lot of things.
Absolute No-Nos: Bathroom stuff.

Excelsior, good sir! And what was the name of the face claim, again?

Lithium

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:55:47 PM
Hmm, i thought i'd sized it down a lot. I'll drop it some more.

Edit: Also, altered his powers a bit, dropping the enhanced strength for...tentacles.

It's like 3400x4500 pixels or something if you click to enlarge it, hehe.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 06:58:05 PM
It's like 3400x4500 pixels or something, hehe.

Fixed, and thanks for the much smaller pic :)

I actually like this version of cloak a lot better. He doesn't teleport or insta-win fights passively, he just goes all ghosty and moves around, pops up and snatches your ass into the Dimension of Tentacle Violation, then spits you out alive, but disturbed. And he punches stuff.

TheBlackThrone

I've been slowly writing down relations. If anyone thinks their character will have known The Punisher or want any pre-relations let me know. If you can't think of any, then it's no big deal. There will inevitably be some once the game starts.  :-)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

*muah*!

I should have a bio up soon.

@TheBlackThrone it's so nice to see you on the other side of the comic universe ;)

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 07:01:05 PM
I've been slowly writing down relations. If anyone thinks their character will have known The Punisher or want any pre-relations let me know. If you can't think of any, then it's no big deal. There will inevitably be some once the game starts.  :-)

Well even if he doesn't know anyone, they will surely know him if only by reputation. But he should at least know Daredevil, whose reputation should also precede him due to newspaper notoriety. Mostly everybody else will have remained under the radar unless they explicitly want to have gained a bit of publicity.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 07:01:05 PM

Cloak and Dagger are both infamous for occasionally going solo, moreso Dagger than Cloak, but i could see Cloak having run across or even teamed up with the Punisher or Blade a time or two in the pursuit of especially loathsome criminals (or vampires).

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:01:51 PM
*muah*!

I should have a bio up soon.

@TheBlackThrone it's so nice to see you on the other side of the comic universe ;)

I go both ways baby.  8-)
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 07:06:21 PM
Cloak and Dagger are both infamous for occasionally going solo, moreso Dagger than Cloak, but i could see Cloak having run across or even teamed up with the Punisher or Blade a time or two in the pursuit of especially loathsome criminals (or vampires).

This should be the first appearance of vampires in New York, at least the first one any of our non-Blade heroes has encountered, and the police have not yet encountered any victims who seemed to have had all their blood drained or anything like that.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 07:03:53 PM
Well even if he doesn't know anyone, they will surely know him if only by reputation. But he should at least know Daredevil, whose reputation should also precede him due to newspaper notoriety. Mostly everybody else will have remained under the radar unless they explicitly want to have gained a bit of publicity.

Oh yeah. He KNOWS Daredevil lol. I was saving the "best" relation for last. They will continue to butt heads over how he handles criminals, and it'll be alll right. He has enough tranqs to put him down if he keeps insisting on getting in his way.  ::)

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 07:06:21 PM

I thought Cloak was like...reliant on Dagger's presence otherwise he'll leech off whomever lol. She was like the only one who he could endlessly leech off of without having to worry about her dying. I mean...I'm not against this relation as long as he leeches off of Blade.  He's immortal he can handle it. ::)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Misty is definitely going to have a Foxy Brown type of vibe going.

Mathim

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:21:11 PM
Misty is definitely going to have a Foxy Brown type of vibe going.

Hawt. I'm eager to see the face claim, if it's not the one they cast for Luke Cage's show.

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:30:19 PM
It won't be lol

I figured not. I was clear that that was okay, right? So nobody has to feel obligated to stick with MCU actors if they don't want to. I'm sure as shit not using Finn Jones if I play Iron Fist.

Sirian Eve

My tentative profile...I'm just going to leave it here.. I'll edit later. :)

Player Name: Sirian Eve

Character Name/Alias: Mercedes Misty Knight

Orientation:

Harlem native who came from a reputable line of law enforcement officers. She had been serving on the NYPD force for several years until a stray bomb attack had caused severe damage to her arm. Making the tough decision to get her arm amputated, Misty was then given a replacement  bionic arm made by Stark Industries. This allowed her to get back to working on the force, but only for a short time. Working for the state came with too much red tape so she opened up her own detective agency firm called Nightwing Investigations LTD.

Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible):

Face Claim: Tika Sumpter

Misty Knight is highly skilled in martial arts and is a proficient hand-to-hand combatant, with police combat training. She also has near-perfect aim with firearms, and possesses superb detective skills. Her bionic arm is 75 times superhumanly stronger than a normal arm, and she can punch a target with incredible force, or crush objects as tough as steel in her vise-like grip. However, since the rest of her body is not cybernetically enhanced, she cannot lift objects heavier than her back, shoulders, and legs can physically support. Her arm's advantages as a weapon are limited to kinetic crushing and impact forces. Misty is also a gifted detective due to her time on the force.

To summarize:

Marksmanship-
Super strong-
Intellect-
Agile-
Attitude-

Established Relationships (where applicable):

Luke Cage-

Daniel Rand-
Jessica Jones- Met the chick while still working on the force. Thought she was brash and a bit of mess. Still impressed that Jones had more balls than the entire  police force sometimes.  Inspired by her to get out from under all that red tape. Paths have crossed more than once.  She's asked Jones for help on several cases while covering her ass when that police file was being made. Now they partner up from time to time and have become good friends.  Misty also has no problem knocking back a few bottles with her either.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Rough, passionate, biting, licking, clawing, scratching, back seat of the car, high rise condo type action. Check O/O's

Absolute No-Nos: Anything that goes down the drain.

eternaldarkness

Mm, i do love Misty when she's well-written. I look forward to seeing your take on her, eve. Now all we need is a Colleen Wing, and the street-level heroes will be nearly complete.

Mathim

I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 10:24:24 PM
I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

Mine is Michael Ealy. I added it to the sheet.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 10:31:42 PM
Mine is Michael Ealy. I added it to the sheet.

Groovy. I have to work most of the day tomorrow but I'll try to sneak online and check up on this thread.

Lithium

Totally open to forming some more relationships, hit me up!

Jessica Jones

Face Claim: Ira Chernova

Player Name: Lithium
Character Name: Jessica Jones
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Orientation: Bisexual

Skills and Abilities
  • Superhuman strength (she can lift an average car, albeit with some difficulty)
  • Enhanced endurance
  • Accelerated healing
  • Very limited flight
  • Hand to hand combat
  • Investigation
  • Drinking

Established Relationships

• Luke Cage: Jessica and Luke shared a brief, but intense on-again, off-again relationship which was complicated by the fact that she hid a terrible secret from him until the truth inevitably came out. Following recent events, they've taken some time apart, leaving things between them up in the air.
  • Frank Castle: The Punisher has really been putting a dent in New York City's underworld, and Jess has heard about several of his exploits through the grapevine. She's conflicted on whether or not she agrees with his methods, though they're obviously effective. She envies him in a way for his willingness to do whatever it takes, but she's unsure whether she can - or even wants - to do the same.
  • Mistky Knight: They had a few run ins back when Jess was still trying to play hero. Misty was that one annoying cop who was a little too good at her job and always seemed to show up to get in her way. At least, that's what Jess thought until the woman saved her ass and covered for her with the police on more than one occasion. When Misty contacted her a while later about getting into the P.I. field and needing help with a case, Jess felt obligated to accept, even though teamwork had never exactly been her thing. She certainly didn't expect that they'd actually become friends, but it ended up happening somehow, and they've been close ever since.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Pretty wide range of ons (see preferences in my profile), let's just take things as they come and see what happens.

Absolute No-Nos: Mostly the usual, doubt any of it will come up (again, see preferences).

TheBlackThrone

Hm...if Frank knows Luke, then I'm sure he may know or might have heard of Jessica. I need to break my laziness and write the relations for Luke Cage lol. It's not even long. Just a few sentences *sighs*
The gates are open

Neysha

Olivia Holt, I'll add it to my bio.
My Request Thread

eternaldarkness

For those of you who don't know much about Cloak and Dagger and would like to read some comic book gold, here is an absolutely phenomenally-written article by a comic lover about them that breaks down their mythos, their character motivations and the essence of why they're 'street-level' perfectly. Well worth a read, and it gave me a lot of inspiration for some little character quirks to play Cloak well.

http://www.sidekickcast.com/cloak-dagger-1/
http://www.sidekickcast.com/cloak-dagger-2/

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Alias: Luke Cage
Height: 6'6
Weight: 425lbs
Hair Color: Black(Bald)
Eye Color: Brown
Appearance:
Comparison:
Face Claim: Terry Crews

Background: The man who would come to be known as Luke Cage was born and raised in Harlem as Carl Lucas. His family wasn't poor. They made enough to get by, but in the hood that was usually never enough. And they didn't live in a great part of town. Carl was a good kid, but a good kid in a bad environment has a tendency to turn into a bad kid after long enough. By 14, he was selling on the street corner to help his parents pay the bills, and a few months later he was running with a gang called the Rivals.

He was always smart though, and never got caught. His friend Willis "Willie" Stryker though wasn't so smart, and Luke ended up in juvie quite a bit protecting him. It wasn't until he was 18 that Carl realized he was hurting his family, even if he was helping them out financially. So he turned away from crime, and got an honest job as a bodyguard. It paid really well and Carl was already huge, so it made sense. He and Stryker had chosen different paths, but the two remained friends.

However when Stryker's girlfriend broke up with him because she was afraid of his gangster lifestyle, she went to Luke for help. Stryker found out and assumed Luke was the reason she left, so he planted about three kilos of cocaine in his apartment and tipped off the police. He didn't even consider the fact that Carl was happily married. He was locked up immediately. In prison Luke was pissed because his best friend had betrayed him, and apparently his father died while he was behind bars. He got in fights constantly and was soon known as the big man on campus. Despite his actions, he was mostly a model prisoner.

And after a rather sadistic guard was found to be abusing him behind the scenes, the man was demoted and Carl was given a chance to turn his life around. Take place in an experimental study, and his entire criminal history would be expunged. Even his juvie record. He accepted. And the experiment though painful and nearly fatal, turned out to be a success. And after several more months of tests and experimentation, he was released with no record as promised. He went right back to New York and with some cash he'd saved, opened a bar called "Luke's". And during that time, his wife was killed.

Which was sort of the catalyst that set off the chain of events where he met Jessica Jones and had a wild adventure he wishes he could forget with her at the center. Considering she was the one who killed his wife and all. After his original bar was destroyed, he collected on the insurance and opened it right back up in another location. It pays the bills, but he also has a bit of a side business. People need help with things the cops can't do, so they come to him. A guy with unbreakable skin can solve a lot of problems.

Abilities:

Invulnerability - The experiment that granted Luke his powers hardened the molecular structure of his body to a level that is comparable to titanium steel, making him bulletproof, flame proof, etc... Though he claims his skin is simply "steel hard", his durability extends to his muscles and bones, allowing him to withstand extreme impact forces, explosions, and bladed weapons with no fear of harm. Softer organs like his eyes and brain are durable, but still somewhat fragile compared to the rest of him. As a result, he heals slightly faster than normal, about 1/3 speed. This is his bodies way of adding a bit of extra protection to compensate for the fact that should an internal injury occur, surgery and aid is nearly impossible because of his unbreakable skin.

Superhuman Strength - Like his durability, Luke's strength was increased to a level far beyond what a normal person, or even some superheroes can hope to reach. He is strong enough to toss cars, perform superhuman leaps, and bust through walls with ease. He has no idea just how strong he is, but he constantly trains and pushes himself to grow stronger.

Superhuman Stamina - Cage's cardiovascular system has been enhanced as well, allowing him to push himself to his limit and beyond for a longer amount of time than a normal person before exhaustion finally overtakes him.

Skills:
Brawler - Luke grew up in Harlem, and he didn't grow up in the good part. He was fighting when he was young, and he was fighting a lot. As a result he got really good at it. He got even better during his stint in prison, and is a skilled street fighter, utilizing his strength, holds, grapples, throws, and even dirty moves to great effect.
Educated - While he probably doesn't look like it, Luke is highly self taught, having learned as much as he could about law and the justice system while in prison. He also speaks multiple languages including Spanish and Russian.
Charismatic Speaker - Luke is just a likeable guy who knows how to say things the right way and how to put words together to inspire or uplift people. He can also make a person feel like trash with his words if he feels the need.

Luke has a leather jacket and a length of chain that were exposed to the same experiment as him, making them just as indestructible as he is and his main gear and weapons for fighting crime.(It's a bitch to always change clothes)

Jessica Jones - Luke and Jessica had a wild fling, and from that sprung an ordeal that had a lot more downs than ups for the pair. Words were said, things were done(partially under the control of a psycho), but altogether it told the two they needed some time. He still has strong feelings for Ms. Jones though.

Frank Castle - The Punisher. He and Luke did hard time together, and they were the two toughest guys in the place. They could have run it if that was their goal, but each just wanted to do his time until he got out. They became decent friends after a few scraps on the yard and in the mess hall with the guys dumb enough to pick fights with them.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla, Public Sex, Anal, Oral, Rough Sex, Seduction, Foreplay, Roleplay
Absolute No-Nos: Gore, Vore, Scat, Blood, Watersports, etc...

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Alias: Eric Brooks/Blade
Height: 6'2
Weight: 215lbs
Eye Color: Hazel/Glowing Yellow
Appearance:
Face Claim: Wesley Snipes

Background: Eric Brooks was born in Soho, London in 1929. The events surrounding his birth make him a unique case from all the other babies born that night though. Eric was literally in the process of being birthed when a vampire posing as a doctor named Deacon Frost nearly drained his mother of blood.

He was chased away as he got reckless during his feeding, but the strange occurence altered the infants genetic structure, turning him into a Dhampir before he was even out of his mother. Unfortunately, Tara died giving birth, as it was nearly impossible with so little strength left. Thankfully she was good friends with a Brothel mistress named Vanity, who'd known Eric's father. She took the boy in and became his legal guardian.

Growing up in a brothel was strange, but Eric had a good life, all the love and care he could ask for...plus he was surrounded by beautiful women at any given time. While still young, Eric came across a man named Jamal Afari and saved his life from some bangers who thought he'd disrespected them. Jamal found out what he was after the 14 year old threw a grown man like a ragdoll into a dumpster. He took pity on Eric though and decided to train him.

He's the one who first taught him what it was to be a vampire hunter, and was the inspiration for the name Blade. Over the next several decades, Blade has traveled the world hunting and slaughtering vampires where they lay to keep the world safe, and so no more sons will grow up without mothers because some bastard wanted a snack.

Abilities:

Daywalker - Eric Brooks was being born as his mother was bitten and drained by a powerful vampire known as Deacon Frost. The result was that his powers were transferred to the infant, granting him all the powers and strengths of a vampire, but almost none of their traditional weaknesses. What this means is that Blade is a vampire, but sunlight doesn't harm him. Stakes won't kill him, and holy water is bullshit. All the pros, none of the cons. Except the blood thirst. All vampires, even halflings like Blade need blood to survive. He has developed a serum to simulate the effects of blood on his system though so he usually forgoes feeding unless it's in dire times.

Enhanced Speed - Blade's vampiric speed is increased to the point where he can hold a conversation while swatting bullets out of the air with his sword, and he can move in bursts of speed so fast he seems to teleport.

Enhanced Strength - While there is no solid roof seen on Blade's strength, he is quite strong, able to move multiple tons and fight massive things that go bump in the night with his bare hands.

Superhuman Senses - As vampires are apex predators, all of their senses are heightened to extreme levels. And Blade is no different. He can smell a drop of blood a mile off, he can hear someones heartbeat, and he can see in total darkness. And he can actually sense mystical entities and objects. He uses his senses to great effect.

Healing Factor - Due to his vampiric nature, Blade has a natural ability to heal the damage done to his body that is not immediately fatal to him. It is an automatic process, but he can will it along to make himself heal faster, although blood is usually needed to help serious injuries. This also contributes to his seemingly immortal lifespan, as he has not aged since he reached adulthood in the 50's and is essentially a 90 year old man.

Enhanced Durability - Blade is a tough guy, and even without the body armor he usually coats himself in, he can take a beating like you wouldn't believe with a smile on his face. He's been buried under tons of rubble, slammed around by ancient vampires, and thrown through buildings. It's never stopped him for long.

Skills:

Master Martial Artist - Blade has been alive since 1929, and he's been fighting since about 1934, and under the various tutelage of multiple mentors , masters, and vampire hunters over the decades, Blade has become an extremely competent fighter versed in a number of disciplines that he combines into a unique style suitable to him and his powers.

Weapon Mastery - Since childhood, Blade has been fascinated with weapons. So he learned all he could about them. Blades, clubs, spears, swords, etc... He has trained in an obscene amount of weapons disciplines and can use nearly anything as comfortably as his own two fists. This extends to ranged weaponry as well, meaning Blade's accuracy with thrown weapons, bow and arrow, and guns is also seemingly superhuman.

Multi-Lingual - When you're as old as Eric, you pick up a few things. He's studied multiple languages in his life. A few include Japanese, German, and Romanian.

Gear/Weapons: Like a good friend of his, Blade walks around with a small arsenal at any given time, and has several large arsenals stashed around where he has easy eaccess. A large majority of his weapons are primarily made for hurting and killing vampires. Silver grenades, holy water and garlic weapons. Holy relics, silver bullets, etc... But they can just as easily be used on people, and he has plenty of normal bullets as well. His favorite weapon though is an Adamantium Odachi with a silver etching on the sides. Unbreakable and kills vampires quick and easy.

Deacon Frost[Nemesis]: Deacon is the vampire who killed Eric's mother, and turned him into a Dhampir in the process. One day Blade will drive a stake into his heart and give him his final death, up close and personal.
Whistler[Best Friend]: Abraham Whistler is Blade's latest "mentor", but is more like a partner. He helps Eric on his missions, helps with his tech, things of that nature.
Whistler Jr[Mentee/Teammate]" Abigail Whistler is every bit her fathers child. She's ruthless, good in a fight, and one of the best archer's he's ever seen.(Yeah, including Hawkeye).
Hannibal King[Grudging Teammate]: He's got a smart mouth, but he used to be a Familiar so he knows the ins and outs of vampire society, how things work. He even still has connections. There's a reason Blade keeps him around.

Frank Castle: The Punisher. Good guy. He and Blade met when they were both hunting the same creature. Frank was looking for mob types, Blade was looking for vampires. Well they both found what they were looking for when they turned out to be one in the same. Blade gave Frank the knowledge he'd need to wage war against the undead, and after teaming up to take down the nest, they parted ways on good terms. If they cross paths again, Frank knows Blade has his back and vice versa.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Rough Sex, Biting, Blood draining(consensual only), public sex, seduction, foreplay, anal, oral, vanilla
Absolute No-Nos: Scat, Gore, Vore, Watersports, etc...

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 07:43:30 AM
Those face claims are perfect lol.

I know, right? How did it never cross my mind that Terry Crews could play Luke Cage? But also props to keeping Snipes as Blade, I just can't imagine anyone else being that perfect.

Sirian Eve

Sirian Eve

EDIT:
Face claim Tika Sumpter. I changed the model. This will do :)

Also as for relations I'm thinking. Since Misty has spent some time on the force and investigative rumors. She would of heard a lot about Daredevil

I think at this point she should know Luke Cage, maybe.

Jessica Jones she's heard of through Cage.

The Punisher has a long ass police file on him, so perhaps him to?

Praxis

Danny "Iron Fist" Rand it is...

wicked.

Need to write up a sheet and get approval.

Thanks for the heads up Mathim.

TheBlackThrone

As many times as he's been in and out of prison lol...she should know him. I'm contemplating starting him out in prison.  ^-^
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

I have these relations so far:

Two Way Relation (meaning they both know or have heard of each other)

Blade
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Daredevil

Possibly one-way by Frank's reputation:

Misty Knight
Cloak and Dagger
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 09:43:41 AM
As many times as he's been in and out of prison lol...she should know him. I'm contemplating starting him out in prison.  ^-^

That can easily be arranged, since the circumstances of them being called into action will make it extremely easy for him to escape.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 11:09:52 AM
That can easily be arranged, since the circumstances of them being called into action will make it extremely easy for him to escape.

I want Matt Murdock to be the one to bail him out.  8-)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 09:39:36 PM
Mm, i do love Misty when she's well-written. I look forward to seeing your take on her, eve. Now all we need is a Colleen Wing, and the street-level heroes will be nearly complete.

You betcha handsome. I'm going to have fun with her.

Juggtacular

Glad you guys like my characters. :)

I look forward to writing with you all.

Also I'm fine with Stone having heard about Cage from Jones.

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 01:07:20 PM
Oh yes and Blade, he can bite me any time. ;)

Misty Knight and Blade would make an interesting couple. Like Black Panther and Storm. ;D
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 01:07:20 PM
Oh yes and Blade, he can bite me any time. ;)

Well since you're offering so generously.  >:)

Sirian Eve

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 01:19:00 PM
Misty Knight and Blade would make an interesting couple. Like Black Panther and Storm. ;D

I will always say this, but the first movie should have really had some more chemistry between the two. I think her name was Karen. I mean they made a good team, but Blade was acting like he couldn't let off a little steam except when he was busting heads.

TheBlackThrone

Frank: Sometimes that's the best kind of steam to let off.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Misty: Yea, you need to go get you some too. I've seen your record, frustration is written all over your 'work'.

Mathim

How has no one picked Matt Murdock yet? I guess that might be who I end up with. Or who knows, maybe I'll end up just playing the bad guys!  >:)

Juggtacular

Blade: "Trust me when I say watching someone turn to dust and knowing you did it? And knowing what that person did? Highly satisfying and extremely...cathartic."

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
How has no one picked Matt Murdock yet? I guess that might be who I end up with. Or who knows, maybe I'll end up just playing the bad guys!  >:)

Deathnote did I thought.

No one has picked Elektra.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Misty; *sides eye the both of them*

Yea I'm surprised no one picked Elektra.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 03:15:05 PM
Misty; *sides eye the both of them*

Yea I'm surprised no one picked Elektra.

Frank: I think she wants to be my therapist.
The gates are open

Praxis

Iron Fist
The Living Weapon

"I am the Iron Fist. I hold back the storm when nothing else can."

Name: Daniel Rand
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Occupation: Former Co-Owner of Rand Corporation, billionaire-playboy-philanthropist

Appearance : (Face claim - Ed Skrein)

Blonde hair, blue eyes, dragon tattoo on chest.

Established Relationships: Known Associate and friend of Power Man (Luke Cage) - The Heroes for Hire,  Known associate of Colleen Wing, Misty Knight and Daredevil

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Women in heels, lingerie, stockings, tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, smart, bold, courageous, confident (or at least faking it until she makes it)

Absolute No-Nos: Talk to me in PM; we'll figure it out.

Background: Daniel Rand was the son of businessman Wendell Rand, who had once lived in the fabled city of K'un-Lun, which exists in another dimensional realm. Wendell Rand-K'ai, as he was known there was the adopted son and heir of Lord Tuan, who ruled K'un-Lun in the guise of Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade. However, Wendell was driven from K'un-Lun by his brother, Nu-An, who not only wanted to rule K'un-Lun himself, but who was Wendell's rival for the love of a woman named Shakirah.  It was Wendell that Shakirah chose, and she bore him a daughter, Miranda. Wendell found refuge on Earth and became a successful businessman in the United States. In his absence, Tuan died and Wendell's brother succeeded him as Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade. Wendell married a woman named Heather, who bore him a son, Daniel.

Wendell sought to return to K'un-Lun, which ordinarily was only accessible from Earth through an interdimensional nexus that opened once every ten years. When Daniel was nine, his father traveled to Tibet along with Heather and his business partner Harold Meachum in search of the nexus to K'un-Lun. Toppling off a treacherous mountain passage, Daniel dragged his mother and father over the ice shelf with him. While he and his mother landed on a ledge below, his father dangled over the sheer drop of the mountainside and called to his partner for help. Hoping to take over Rand's share of the business, Meachum instead caused him to lose his grip and plunge to his death. Though Meachum offered to help Heather Rand and her son, they spurned him. Attempting to make it back to camp on their own, Heather and her son spied a long suspension bridge as a pack of wolves attacked. Heather tried to hold them off long enough for her son to get to safety and was killed in the effort.

Soon thereafter, denizens of K'un-Lun found the boy and took him to their city. There Daniel was brought before Yu-Ti, who had secretly plotted the murder of both Wendell and Heather. Yu-Ti apprenticed Daniel to the martial arts master Lei Kung the Thunderer.

Rand's training under Lei Kung was rigorous. At age sixteen Rand earned the Crown of Fu-Hsi, king of the vipers, vanquished four foes in the ritualistic Challenge of the Many, and defeated Shu-Hu, a mechanical being whose name means "Lightning".[3] Rand diligently conditioned his hands by thrusting them into tubs of hot sand, then gravel, and finally rock. [citation needed]

Iron Fist
At age nineteen Rand was given the opportunity to gain the power of the Iron Fist. He was sent to battle the enormous fire-breathing serpent called Shou-Lao the Undying which lived in a cave outside the city and which ferociously guarded a brazier containing its heart, which had mystically been removed from its body. In their battle Rand grabbed the serpent's body, which bore a scar which imprinted itself upon Rand's chest. Killing the serpent, Rand plunged his hands into the now unguarded brazier containing Shou-Lao's molten heart when his hands shone with a quasi-mystical force and he earned the title "Iron Fist," for he could now summon superhuman energy to reinforce the power of blows struck by his hands.

Iron Fist

Danny Rand, Iron Fist

Declining to stay in K'un-Lun eternally, Rand returned to America when the nexus reopened in order to take vengeance on Meachum for his father's death.

Powers

(( Note - Depending on situation and current physical state of Danny; not all abilities are simply available to him.  I plan on writing a more toned down version of him. ))

Chi Augmentation: Through concentration, Rand can harness his mystical chi to augment his physical and mental capabilities to superhuman levels.

Iron Fist Punch: By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hands, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a superhuman scale. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Rand can shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself. The force of this technique has rendered incredibly durable Super humans such as Colossus unconscious.

Nervous System Control: Rand has complete control over his nervous system enabling him to deaden himself to pain, resist the effects of drugs or poisons, and slow down the rate at which he bleeds. He also is able pass lie detector tests.

Energy Generation: Iron Fist can project his Chi into a ranged attack, sort of like an energy blast.

Enhanced Speed & Reflexes: He can increase his speed allowing him to dodge or catch bullets.

Enhanced Healing: If he sustains injury or illness, Rand can focus his chi for the purposes of healing his injuries.  He can also channel this energy into other people.

Superhuman Longevity: Possibility of a slowed aging process much like his predecessor Orson Randall.

Environmental Adaptation: Through focus and meditation, Danny can sustain himself for extended periods of time in extreme temperature environments.

Abilities

Peak Human Physical Conditioning: Daniel is an Olympic-level athlete and gymnast.

Meditation: Daniel is a master of meditation and relaxation techniques. He can enter a trance-like state to ignore pain and slow his heart rate.

Master Martial Artist: Daniel is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and is proficient in many of Earth's, including but not limited to: Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Ninjutsu, Karate, Boxing and even loose street fighting tactics. Recently, he has gained access to the knowledge, experience and skills of all the Iron Fists before him. When temporarily blinded by Sabretooth, he was able to still defeat the lethal mutant, without even using his chi powers. He is also skilled in unique chi based techniques, such as the "Drunken style" that masks him from such things as Spider-Man's Spider-Sense and Mister X's telepathic reflexes. He is one of the greatest martial artists on Earth; having held his own against Wolverine and Captain America. Rand also holds notable victories over Gorgon (Tomi Shishido), Sabretooth, Batroc, Black Dragon, Nightshade, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

Weapons Master: He has been trained in the use of almost all martial arts weapons.

Pressure point locator: Daniel can locate different pressure points on a human's body; incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, or kill a person. He has shown himself to be capable of landing pressure point attacks on the likes of Spider-Man.

Skilled Acrobat: Rand is a skilled acrobat capable of many difficult feats.

Multilingual: He can speak fluent in K'un-Lun, English, Chinese and has a limited vocabulary in Japanese.

Strength level

Without increasing his strength with chi, Danny possesses the peak human level of strength a man of his age, height, and build that exercises intensively. He is capable of lifting at least twice his body weight and can press lift at the very least 350 lbs but no more than 800 lbs.

Juggtacular

Great Danny. And it seems Luke has his best friend and partner in crime. Awwww yeah.

Sirian Eve

Very nice. Now all I need is my Colleen and game on!

Of course in this AU Jessica is basically my Colleen. :)

Mathim

Anyway, forgot to mention, if I already posted your character profile and you made significant changes to it (i.e. familiar relationships and such) just let me know and I'll update them.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 03:53:43 PM
Anyway, forgot to mention, if I already posted your character profile and you made significant changes to it (i.e. familiar relationships and such) just let me know and I'll update them.

Did i miss the posting of a character thread?

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 11, 2016, 04:32:11 PM
Did i miss the posting of a character thread?

I reserved a section of the OOC Thread for posting character profiles just for the moment. Once we get started I guess I'll create a separate thread for the profiles as well. I might actually open up the Character Creation thread so all of you can post your own profiles there and edit them at your discretion, but I wanted to be able to delete anyone who has to drop out if that happens. Hopefully if that happens with anyone, they can just delete their own post and the next person to pick up the part can re-edit to suit their tastes.

Anyway, I think we have enough people now to get started if everyone just wants to establish where they are before darkness descends. Shall I create the IC Thread?

Oh, and does anyone know how to create one of those code things that helps keep everything on the left or right so that your basic information is at the top of each post? Like where it says your location and anyone's characters you're tagging? I know I should keep one of those in my private messages so I can copy and paste it.

Juggtacular

Luke I think would either be at his bar, or at the Hero-For-Hire agency building.

Blade would probably be chasing something that needs a stake in the heart.

eternaldarkness

I suspect Cloak will probably be after someone in desperate need of a new viewpoint on their life choices. I won't speak for Dagger.

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

[float=left][img](picture)[/img][/float]
[float=right][img](picture)[/img][/float]

Example:

Floatleft

Name:
Alias:
Time/Date:

Floatright

Name:
Alias:
Time/Date:
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 11, 2016, 04:41:40 PM
Luke I think would either be at his bar, or at the Hero-For-Hire agency building.

Blade would probably be chasing something that needs a stake in the heart.

Blade should actually be concerned about finding allies in addition to following his quarry to the Big Apple. He may usually be a solo act but he ain't stupid, he knows what's coming is more than he can handle on his own. But how he goes about that, is up to you.

And awright then, I'll get the IC thread started. You'll find the link in the first post of this thread, and the OOC thread too. Same with the Character Profile thread.

I made a collage of the majority of our cast in the IC Thread intro post. I defy anyone to tell me it does not look utterly badass.

Deathnote

Daredevil
Face Claim: Charlie Cox
Player Name: Deathnote
Character Name: Matthew "Matt" Michael Murdock
Aliases: Daredevil, Matty, The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, The Man in the Mask, The Man in Black, Devil Man, Altar Boy, Akuma-san, Saint Matthew, Our Mutual Friend, The Horny One
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel?

Skills and Abilities
Maximum Human Conditioning:
  • Through years of intensive training in multiple physical and mental departments. Matt's body and mind is at the peak of a man of his age, height and weight
  • Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Speed
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Enhanced Agility
  • Enhanced Endurance and Pain Tolerance
Superhuman Senses
  • Although Matt is blind, his remaining four senses function with superhuman accuracy and sensitivity, giving him abilities far beyond the limits of a sighted person.  Just as Daredevil's other senses are stronger, they are also sensitive; his main weakness is his vulnerability to powerful sounds or odors that can temporarily weaken his radar sense.  This weakness is often used to immobilize Daredevil. Alternately, the lack of taste or smell can be used against him, as in one instance of a hallucinogenic drug so designed so that Daredevil could not tell he was drugged. His senses are highly acute, capable of sensing the minor atmospheric disturbance created moments before a teleporting character appears.  While his radar sense mostly compensates for his blindness, it has certain limitations. He cannot perceive color without touch, and he can only read printed matter if the ink is raised enough for his sense of touch. Most photographs, televisions, and computer screens are blank to him.
  • Superhuman Touch: Murdock can feel the presence of those around him through vibrations, air currents and body temperatures. He can dodge attacks and even bullets by feeling them cut through the air, creating ripples of currents only detectable by him. He locates enemies through walls and from different floors by feeling the vibrations they make from moving, such as their footsteps.
  • Enhanced Thermoreception
  • Superhuman Smell: His olfactory senses are so good, that he can smell a man's scent of stale cigarettes and cheap cologne three floors above him and through several walls.
  • Expert Tracker
  • Blind-Sight
  • Superhuman Hearing:Murdock's hearing is so acute, that he can clearly hear people converse at great distances away, hear people's heartbeats, and hear Claire's bones shifting as she breathed. He can focus on what he hears; in a crowded courtroom with the judge speaking, Murdock heard a juror's heartbeat accelerate when James Wesley entered the room. Hearing the changes in people's heartbeats allows Murdock to predict how they feel and what actions they'll take, such as attack or run. He was also able to memorize the pattern of Wesley's watch so he could follow the latter. When forced to improvise while fighting extremely stealthy Hand ninjas, Murdock was able to effectively keep track of their movements by listening to their breaths and the sound of their swords cutting through the air.
  • Lie-Detection
  • Sonar Sense
  • Superhuman Taste
  • Superhuman Balance
  • Radar Sense
  • Electroreception
Master Martial Artist:
  • Matt's martial skills are at a point where he is probably ranked by Stick as at least 10th Dan(degree) black belt level in Ninjutsu being that that is the art that Matt seems to have been trained in almost exclusively by Stick. He has fought highly trained and skilled opponents such as Black Panther, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Captain America, Sabretooth and Wolverine to standstills, even impaling Wolverine with a sword while the mutant was in a feral state due to brainwashing by the terrorists known as Hydra.
  • Master Acrobat
  • Highly skilled, self-taught boxer
  • Extensively trained in Ninjutsu by Stick, a senior grandmaster and leader of the secret order The Chaste.
  • Trained in stealth
  • Life-energy (chi/ki) control (AKA Meditation)
  • Able to paralyze limbs of an individual's body or the entire body altogether by targetting pressure points
  • Fighting style is a very balanced fusion of Boxing with Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, Aiki-Jujutsu and other disciplines such as Savate, Krav Maga, Capoeira, Eskrima, Aikido, Greco-Roman Wrestling, and several styles of both Karate and Kung Fu to varying degrees
Weapons Proficiency
  • Matt is an expert in wielding all types of stick weapons which include staffs, batons, nunchaku, and paired short sticks.
  • He is highly proficient in wielding various martial art weapons through his Ninjutsu training such as swords(Katana), chain weapons, stick and staff weapons, combat knives of all types both ancient and modern military style, projectiles such as shurikens, throwing knives, bow & arrows, and even firearms
  • He is a skilled marksman capable of throwing his sticks with great accuracy. Murdock is also skilled with most projectile-like weaponry such as throwing knives, shurikens, and darts as well as archery and has been shown utilizing military-grade weaponry such as sniper rifles in extreme situations
Fearlessness
  • It is untrue that Matt has never been afraid but through the years of training and experience Daredevil currently shows a detached ability to fear and emotions bordering on sociopathic. This ability extends immunity of "Fear Toxins" and Spells as Daredevil seems to simply be "The Man Without Fear."
Interrogation Expert
  • Murdock uses many different interrogation methods to extract information from criminals. His knowledge of criminology and torture is unerring and often overwhelming.
Professional Attorney
  • Murdock is a highly skilled and accomplished lawyer, specializing in criminal justice. His legal practice is considered the single greatest source of strength of both emotional stability and his successful war on crime. Murdock's law firm also does alot of pro Bono work as well as the full range of social justice issues such as rape cases, police brutality, medical malpractice, whistle blower/witness protection cases, child/sexual abuse cases, victims of war crimes/terrorism, food safety cases, and even enviromental issues. In law school, Murdock also specialized in US Constitutional Law.
  • Multi-lingual
  • Expert Detective

Strength Level
For a "normal" human, Matt has demonstrated remarkable physical strength. Daredevil is an Olympic-level weightlifter and possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build that exercises intensively and regularly. Matt has demonstrated that he can lift and handle a 400 lbs. barbell as though it were fifty pounds, has overturned a limo full of people, and has picked up and used a mail drop-box as a blunt instrument. At his peak, Daredevil possesses sufficient strength to press lift approximately 450 lbs. (cited from Marvel.wikia)

Weapons and Gear
Armored Suit: In their first fight, after being severely injured by Nobu Yoshioka, Murdock noticed Wilson Fisk's impermeable armored suit and decided to take Claire Temple's advice to get some body armor of his own. He located Melvin Potter, who made Fisk's suit, and persuaded him to make a red and black suit with a facemask and helmet resembling a devil, leading to his new name. This suit is highly durable, this time allowing Daredevil to survive unscathed from battling a resurrected Nobu with the same shoge hook. After his first protective helmet got cracked by a close-range bullet from the Punisher, Daredevil had Potter make him a new, considerably more durable one.

Billy Club: When Murdock asked Melvin Potter to create an armored suit for him, Potter also created a special Billy Club. It can be used as a short staff, two individual sticks joined by a high tensile wire for grappling. It can also be split into two individual short sticks for close quarters combat. It is kept in a holster on the suit's left thigh. (cited from marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia)

WIP

The Punisher:

Misty Knight:

Jessica Jones:

Luke Cage:

Iron Fist:

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Click here for my O/O's
Absolute No-Nos: Click here for my O/O's

Mathim

This. Is. Awesome.

So if anyone else wants in, there's Shang Chi, Colleen Wing and Elektra for some of the more closely-tied characters to those that have already been selected, as well as Moon Knight. Or surprise us with someone out of left field!

Niferbelle

All right, finally have a sheet done. I know we have a Misty Knight -- I would suggest she and Felicia are friends? Acquaintances? Also, even though it's not canon, if a gentlemen or two out there would like to be an ex-boyfriend, I think that would be a fun dynamic.

Player Name: Niferbelle
Character Name/Alias: Felicia Hardy / Black Cat

Appearance: Felicia is a stunner in or out of her skin tight costume. Long, thick, lustrous white hair that sets her apart, twinkling green eyes that speak of mischief, and a figure that inspires the imagination of anyone who’s attracted to women. She has been known to claim that her only real superpower is cleavage and she’s not afraid to wield it. She dresses well in clothing that flatters her figure and moves gracefully, something noticeable even when she isn’t in costume.
*face claim – Jessica Stam

Felicia is in peak physical condition for a human. Her skills include: unarmed combat, gymnastics, acrobatics, thieving skills (pickpocketing, lock picking, sleight of hand, misdirection, etc.), stealth, security systems, streetwise (fencing, knowing criminal associations, black market activities, etc), appraisal. Oh, and flirting.

Felicia no longer has any innate super powers but with the assistance of the Tinkerer she has tech that gives her the following abilities.
*Microservos fitted into her costume to increase strength, lifting up to 800 lbs
*Metal mesh gloves with retractable claws
*Improved agility implants
*interaural balance compensators.
*contact lenses that enable her to see in the UV and IR range
also carries grappling hook that allows her to swing between buildings

Ex Boyfriends
Spider-Man
Flash Thompson
The Foreigner
Puma
Acquaintances/Friends
Misty Knight - co-worker
AFFILIATED WITH HEROES FOR HIRE

Desired Ons/Wishlist: a man that can keep up with her, adventurous sex, borderline  exhibitionism, sex in all its myriad forms, being spoiled
Absolute No-Nos: non-con, humiliation, anything but playful submission

Praxis

Force of Nature incoming...
Quote from: Niferbelle on April 12, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
All right, finally have a sheet done. I know we have a Misty Knight -- I would suggest she and Felicia are friends? Acquaintances? Also, even though it's not canon, if a gentlemen or two out there would like to be an ex-boyfriend, I think that would be a fun dynamic.

Player Name: Niferbelle
Character Name/Alias: Felicia Hardy / Black Cat

Appearance: Felicia is a stunner in or out of her skin tight costume. Long, thick, lustrous white hair that sets her apart, twinkling green eyes that speak of mischief, and a figure that inspires the imagination of anyone who’s attracted to women. She has been known to claim that her only real superpower is cleavage and she’s not afraid to wield it. She dresses well in clothing that flatters her figure and moves gracefully, something noticeable even when she isn’t in costume.
*face claim – Jessica Stam

Felicia is in peak physical condition for a human. Her skills include: unarmed combat, gymnastics, acrobatics, thieving skills (pickpocketing, lock picking, sleight of hand, misdirection, etc.), stealth, security systems, streetwise (fencing, knowing criminal associations, black market activities, etc), appraisal. Oh, and flirting.

Felicia no longer has any innate super powers but with the assistance of the Tinkerer she has tech that gives her the following abilities.
*Microservos fitted into her costume to increase strength, lifting up to 800 lbs
*Metal mesh gloves with retractable claws
*Improved agility implants
*interaural balance compensators.
*contact lenses that enable her to see in the UV and IR range
also carries grappling hook that allows her to swing between buildings

Ex Boyfriends
Spider-Man
Flash Thompson
The Foreigner
Puma
Acquaintances
Misty Knight ?
Colleen Wing ?
Desired Ons/Wishlist: a man that can keep up with her, adventurous sex, borderline  exhibitionism, sex in all its myriad forms, being spoiled
Absolute No-Nos: non-con, humiliation, anything but playful submission

Sirian Eve

Hey! Black Cat!

Can definitely add me to the list of friends.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 12, 2016, 03:02:10 PM
Hey! Black Cat!

As for Ex boyfriends may I suggest>>>> Iron Fist. Keep this interesting. >:)

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Juggtacular

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

Niferbelle

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 12, 2016, 03:02:10 PM
Hey! Black Cat!

Excellent! Open for more connections out there. I wasn't sure what we were doing with Heroes for Hire. Did it ever exist? Does it exist now? Or has it disbanded?

Juggtacular

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on April 12, 2016, 05:27:48 PM
Who else is taken then before I play the name off game?

Blade
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Cloak
Dagger
Misty Stone
Black Cat
Daredevil(I believe)
Jessica Jones
Punisher

I think that's our roster so far.

And yes Niferbelle, Heroes-for-Hire exists at the present day. Luke tends the bar nights after regular closing ours at the agency.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 05:37:52 PM
Blade
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Cloak
Dagger
Misty Stone
Black Cat
Daredevil(I believe)
Jessica Jones
Punisher

And yes Niferbelle, Heroes-for-Hire exists at the present day. Luke tends the bar nights after regular closing ours at the agency.

So Shang-Chi is still fair game then. I'm interested.
Master ON/OFF

Juggtacular

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 12, 2016, 05:35:19 PM
Excellent! Open for more connections out there. I wasn't sure what we were doing with Heroes for Hire. Did it ever exist? Does it exist now? Or has it disbanded?

Heroes for Hire is mentioned, but were are on the origins of it I think. Alternate Universe after all.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 05:37:52 PM
Blade
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Cloak
Dagger
Misty Stone
Black Cat
Daredevil(I believe)
Jessica Jones
Punisher

Jugg Misty Knight. Misty. KNIGHT. Lol

I think stone is a pornstar if I'm not mistaken.

Juggtacular

Pffffft. She is a porn star. Not even gonna lie, I get the two confused. They're both hot, sexy black women with afro's who I look at on a screen all the time lol.  >:)

And I haven't had a chance to talk to Praxis yet, but HfH is at least established and has had some clients as far as I saw it.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 06:00:29 PM
Pffffft. She is a porn star. Not even gonna lie, I get the two confused. They're both hot, sexy black women with afro's who I look at on a screen all the time lol.  >:)

And I haven't had a chance to talk to Praxis yet, but HfH is at least established and has had some clients as far as I saw it.

Haha!! I just realized they DO look alike.

SMH....

Okay so Heroes for Hire is a thing. Oh an I was competely serious about the Blade biting thing. ;)

Hello Vergil darling... ;)

Juggtacular

Sirian Eve

Juggtacular

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 12, 2016, 06:18:52 PM
Hi! I hope to have a character pitch up in the next day or so....it depends on how many of my ideas for characters get shut down by Mathim. ;) :P

Who did you want to play?

MasterOfMyFate

Player Name: Masterofmyfate
Character Name/Alias: Shang-Chi
Orientation: Chinese/English decent
Appearance:Shang-Chi, being of both Chinese and English decent, has a unkempt patch of brown/black hair that looks mostly black unless looked at closely with a pair of eyes to match the color. Being an average looker in comparison to other heroes, Shang-Chi's most physically appealing trait is his body at peak physical condition from years of training and doing "humanitarian" work. He doesn't have a set costume exactly, but his usual go to idea of combat uniform would be sweat pants tied with a black martial arts belt with a red bandana tied around his head and to top it all off with silver bracers on his wrists.

Faceclaim: Jon Foo

lthough possessing no superpowers, Shang-Chi has a lifetime of combat training behind him and is an expert in all known forms of terrestrial martial arts, enabling him to equal and best many superhumans. He is highly revered as the "Master of Kung-Fu." Although he prefers to fight empty-handed, Shang-Chi can also formidably use any martial arts weapon and is skilled at improvising weapons out of ordinary objects in his environment. Shang-Chi is also a skilled teacher, having most famously trained Spider-Man to become a skilled martial artist and having helped him develop a unique fighting style that complemented his spider powers.

Shang-Chi is a master of meditation and relaxation techniques as well, allowing him to receive psychic premonitions, limit the spread of toxins in his blood stream, and render his pain receptors insensitive.

Shang's mastery of chi allows him to disperse physical trauma across his entire body (as opposed to accumulating at any single point) and strike with enough force to break through reinforced steel. On many occasions, he has also demonstrated the ability to dodge and deflect bullets from automatic weapons after they've been fired, and he is quick and agile enough to keep up with the likes of Spider-Man.

While possessing no superhuman senses, Shang-Chi is highly attuned to his surroundings thanks to his training and having spent most of his life thwarting his father's assassins. He is able to pinpoint the breath sounds and heart beats of silent aggressors, as well as the distant loading of firearms by gunmen.

Shang-Chi is usually seen with a pair of bracers made of an unknown material, but known to be durable enough to deflect bullets. He is skilled with (and often utilizes) a wide variety of weapons, including the nunchaku, various types of swords, bo staff, Kali sticks, throwing stars and knives. After joining the Avengers, Tony Stark provided him with a pair of high tech nunchaku capable of discharging electricity as well as a pair of gauntlets capable of projecting energy blades. Recently, it appears that his bracers are also able to generate energy, allowing him to mimic Iron Fist's basic chi-amped punches. Despite his mastery of weapons and their accessibility however, Shang-Chi largely prefers to fight empty handed.

Established Relationships (where applicable): To be discussed
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Rough Sex(almost fighting or a battle to establish dominance but for funzies), Tethering interest in trying anal (giving/maybe pegging?), anywhere at anytime exhibitionism
Absolute No-Nos: Non-con, scat, and gore
Master ON/OFF

Mathim

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 12, 2016, 06:31:50 PM
Well, I had a few ideas...I'm not feeling Flash for this one, since for this particular one I'm thinking of a more Anti-Hero vibe, so I had three or four "top" ideas, and then one or two "Out There" thoughts.

In terms of my "Top Three," I'm pitching them one by one. My top one - the one I've asked about first - is Eddie Brock's "Anti-Venom," where the cells left over from Venom's possession of him were accidentally activated when Mr. Negative cured Eddie of his Cancer to create a Symbiote-like suit that had literally no will of its own. So, whereas Venom and Carnage and Toxin are all sentient, Anti-Venom is completely mindless and subservient to Brock's will.

The second idea I had was Black Knight, from Captain Britain and MI:13, and the third idea I had was somebody like Taskmaster. But I'm personally hoping he OK's Anti Venom, since I know EXACTLY who Brock's Faceclaim is gonna be and I like the Symbiotes. XD

I think Anti-Venom and Captain Britain (if he's a super-soldier like Captain America, I'm not really sure about that character) would be a bit much for street-level. If there's a good guy version of Taskmaster, that can be arranged, or if you want to play a villain, Taskmaster is just the mercenary for the job, far as I'm concerned.

And awesome, we've got a Shang Chi!

Sirian Eve

I'm loving all these different characters with these different backgrounds. No wonder Netflix snatched this opportunity.

Juggtacular

You could also go for Union Jack. A British hero with a version of the Super Soldier Serum. Basically Captain America-lite in a UK inspired costume. And at one point he got zapped by Thor and gained the ability to shoot electricity. Which is pretty cool.

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

Juggtacular

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on April 12, 2016, 07:34:44 PM
So yes to Shang-Chi?

I believe Mathim's previous excitement is indeed a yes. :) So feel free to post and put up your app in the character thread and all that.

Deathnote

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 11:40:02 AM
I want Matt Murdock to be the one to bail him out.  8-)

Does this mean Matt will be teaming up with Blade on the rescue mission?  :p

Not sure why he'd break Frank out of prison, though, unless he had reason to believe the guy's life was in danger.

Juggtacular

While he's kept things sort of close to his chest, Mathim made it seem like Blade is at least partially aware of whats coming, and is trying to gather help. Frank would be a big help, as he's one of the most baddest of "normal" asses New York has to offer. Maybe he and Daredevil have met previously and he convinced him? Or he could show up as Blade and Frank are leaving and they have to work things out or explain to Matt just what's happening?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want Frank taking more shots at him lol.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 07:36:59 PM
I believe Mathim's previous excitement is indeed a yes. :) So feel free to post and put up your app in the character thread and all that.

Sweetness
Master ON/OFF

Mathim

I maybe should have mentioned but I had planned for Whistler and Stick to have at least got open communication between them, so vicariously Matt would easily have access to most of the information Blade's team does. It would be up to him whether to agree with how they plan to do things, though.

Juggtacular

Hahahaha. I can picture it. Two crotchety old men. One's blind, the others crippled. The one thing they have in common is a protege' who basically does whatever the fuck he wants, but still looks up to them. And they can complain about their son figures to one another while exchanging info.

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 08:20:34 PM
Hahahaha. I can picture it. Two crotchety old men. One's blind, the others crippled. The one thing they have in common is a protege' who basically does whatever the fuck he wants, but still looks up to them. And they can complain about their son figures to one another while exchanging info.

LOL, can you just see the two of them sitting together at the bar in some dive, bitching about the young people? LMAO!

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on April 12, 2016, 08:27:26 PM
LOL, can you just see the two of them sitting together at the bar in some dive, bitching about the young people? LMAO!

And Blade will have to constantly remind them that he's older than Whistler and almost as old as Stick.

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 08:31:56 PM
And Blade will have to constantly remind them that he's older than Whistler and almost as old as Stick.

Forgot about that! LOL, watch someone mistakenly assume he's younger and make a faux pas.

Juggtacular

I'd say it's an easy thing to forget considering he doesn't look a day over 30. But it will be fun to write him grudgingly accepting that it's just a thing and he has to deal with it lol.

Mathim

Well, that can also create conflict in the group, them mistrusting him if they think he's a bit too much like 'one of them'.

Juggtacular

Very true. This is gong to be fun once it really gets going.

Sirian Eve

Mathim

If you want to double-up as one of the villainous mastermind's vassals, that can be arranged. Just PM me and I'll see if any of them catch your eye. I'm also open to suggestions if you think a particular villain would fit well within a story like this.

Sirian Eve

Deathnote

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
While he's kept things sort of close to his chest, Mathim made it seem like Blade is at least partially aware of whats coming, and is trying to gather help. Frank would be a big help, as he's one of the most baddest of "normal" asses New York has to offer. Maybe he and Daredevil have met previously and he convinced him? Or he could show up as Blade and Frank are leaving and they have to work things out or explain to Matt just what's happening?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want Frank taking more shots at him lol.
Quote from: Mathim on April 12, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
I maybe should have mentioned but I had planned for Whistler and Stick to have at least got open communication between them, so vicariously Matt would easily have access to most of the information Blade's team does. It would be up to him whether to agree with how they plan to do things, though.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll try and get a post up by tomorrow night.  ^_^

Mathim

Cool. I'm exhausted so I'm going to retire for the night. Once most everyone is ready to let the real event happen, we'll kick off with a bang.

RubySlippers

Player Name: Rubyslippers
Character Name/Alias: Carolyne Smith/Cuffs
Orientation: Lesbian
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible): tbd
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: Backpack and Cuffs unleash a entrapping goo at range and she is very proficient in this weapon system. Protective clothing resistant to the good and acts as Kevlar armor. Expert in aikido. Motorcycle with armor and solid tires. Counter good spray in costume in case its needed. Athletic.
Established Relationships (where applicable): None
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla Sex. Mild Bondage and Discipline
Absolute No-Nos: No rape, scat, pee, sex with men and violent sexuality.

Yes she IS a Marvel character was with the Thought Police you didn't say characters had to be major street heroes.

Mathim

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2016, 12:38:56 PM
Player Name: Rubyslippers
Character Name/Alias: Carolyne Smith/Cuffs
Orientation: Lesbian
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible): tbd
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: Backpack and Cuffs unleash a entrapping goo at range and she is very proficient in this weapon system. Protective clothing resistant to the good and acts as Kevlar armor. Expert in aikido. Motorcycle with armor and solid tires. Counter good spray in costume in case its needed. Athletic.
Established Relationships (where applicable): None
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla Sex. Mild Bondage and Discipline
Absolute No-Nos: No rape, scat, pee, sex with men and violent sexuality.

Yes she IS a Marvel character was with the Thought Police you didn't say characters had to be major street heroes.

No, they don't, in fact the lesser known and more amateur-level the better. She sounds almost like a female, good-guy version of Trapster/Paste Pot Pete. I assume the spray you mention is the antidote to her sticky goo in case there's any backsplash or friendly fire on her allies? I tried to look her up but even the Marvel wiki had little to no information on her, particularly about her powers. But if the armor and goo launchers are her normal gear, that fits in fine. She can keep the motorcycle, but nobody really needs a specialized vehicle unless mobile combat will be taking place, but I don't plan on having that happen, at least not right now. Transportation will just be for retreating/fleeing or getting to where you're going. Welcome aboard!

Life in Color

Hello!

I am dropping a claim down for Patsy Walker!

<3

“I’ve fought a lot of devils - outside and inside. And while we’re bonding, I love what you’ve done with your hair. So now that we’re buds, I’ll be goin’.”

Faceclaim: Ebba Zingmart

Player Name: Life in Color
Character Name: Patricia Walker
Nicknames: Patsy, Trish, Tricia
Alias: Hellcat
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Orientation: Bi-Curious
Occupation: Radio Talk Show Host – “Trish Talk”, Waitress, Barista 

Desired Ons/Wishlist: See here!
Absolute No-Nos: See here!

Background: (WIP)

Patsy didn’t have too terrible of a childhood until she became a child actress – and then her life only took a turn for the worse because her mother, Dorothy, couldn’t handle the fame. Other than trying to sell novelizations of her daughter’s life, Dorothy also wandered down the abusive route when it came to Patsy. Seeking more fame, Dorothy adopted Jessica Jones, an orphan at the time, and raised the two girl. The girls didn’t get along at first, but trauma breeds survivors and Jessica became Patsy’s protector within the household, keeping Patsy safe from their mother until they were old enough to move out on their own.

Free from a career of acting and her mother’s oppressive presence, Patsy took her skills and became a radio talk show host, eventually moving up to have own show, “Trish Talk”. Radio stardom isn’t what it used to be, however, and Patsy also works part-time as a waitress and part-time as a barista.

Continuing to work in New York has forced Patsy to learn a few things here and there, and the woman is a passable martial artist, although nowhere on the level as the other heroes who lucked out and got abilities that augment their current states, Patsy was gifted her own kind of magic. A suit of blue and yellow that shifts to whatever Patsy’s whims want it to be. The suit is also equipped with Patsy’s main weapons, claws, and imbue her with the abilities that earn her the –Cat section of her superhero alias.

The term “hellcat”, on the streets, was usually tied to a definition of a woman that was meant to belittle her or make the woman feel like they were doing something overly aggressive – and it was a term that sometimes showed up a lot on the review boards for Patsy’s radio show. So, the first time she worked with her local heroes, Patsy chose the name “Hellcat”.

Relationships (WIP)

Jessica Jones -

Misty Knight -

Powers

Without the suit, Patsy is your average girl. She’s not Superhuman, or Inhuman, or a Mutant, or a charity case of any sort. The suit, however, is a magic thing that has bonded to Patsy and appears around her body at will, in whatever kind of fashion she wants it to be.

While wearing the suit, Hellcat possesses a high level of agility and a heightened sense of sight – you could say she gets… catty. Along with this set of basic powers, Hellcat’s hands and feet end in steel-edges claws that you probably don’t want to be on the receiving end of.

Abilities

Charisma: Patsy runs her own radio show and dabbles in the low-paying side of the customer service industry. As such, she’s had to learn how to keep the ears of everyone she talks to interested.

Intelligence: She’s not college-educated or anything, but Patsy is far from dumb.

Martial Artist: A natural bi-product of living in New York, it seems.

Beauty: If Patsy hasn’t had to work for anything, it’s her good looks. From an early age, Patsy has been considered “beautiful” and was casted as a child actress – a career she changed out for being a radio show host.

Lithium

Ooh awesome, now Jess has a Patsy! And she's so cute too! :3

Life in Color

Quote from: Lithium on April 13, 2016, 05:32:56 PM
Ooh awesome, now Jess has a Patsy! And she's so cute too! :3

Toss me a PM, or I'll toss you one.

And we can do some relationship plotting.

:D

Sirian Eve

Lady Lunarius

What is the requested posting speed for this game? I try to be a once a week poster, more if possible. Also is Echo still available?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Mathim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 15, 2016, 08:08:46 PM
What is the requested posting speed for this game? I try to be a once a week poster, more if possible. Also is Echo still available?

Depends on how connected and important your character is. I'd say once or twice a week (if reliable) is fine. And yes, Echo is still available as far as I can recall.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Mathim on April 15, 2016, 08:16:56 PM
Depends on how connected and important your character is. I'd say once or twice a week (if reliable) is fine. And yes, Echo is still available as far as I can recall.

Okies. I should be able that one! ^_^ I'm going to look into it a bit more before I put a hands down interest! ^_^ Don't wanna waste your time. Mind if I harass you with PM questions eventually?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Mathim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 15, 2016, 08:20:43 PM
Okies. I should be able that one! ^_^ I'm going to look into it a bit more before I put a hands down interest! ^_^ Don't wanna waste your time. Mind if I harass you with PM questions eventually?

Almost everyone has so far, and we're still going, so fire away.

Sirian Eve

Sirian Eve

Life in Color

Mathim

Wow, never thought we'd fill that role! Welcome aboard, Moon Knight!

ShadowFox89

I'm interested, and wondering how well an "Unkillable" character would work out at street level. No superpowers beyond being very long lived and able to regenerate from any injury.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lithium

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 18, 2016, 02:11:17 PM
I'm interested, and wondering how well an "Unkillable" character would work out at street level. No superpowers beyond being very long lived and able to regenerate from any injury.

I think it's canon characters only at the moment, if you were thinking about an OC.

ShadowFox89

Ah, pity. I'm not much a fan of playing a canon character, playing with someone else built and all that. If it ever opens to OC, let me know.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mathim

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 18, 2016, 02:18:40 PM
Ah, pity. I'm not much a fan of playing a canon character, playing with someone else built and all that. If it ever opens to OC, let me know.

In any case, no, unkillable is not appropriate for street level, in answer to your query.

Juggtacular

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A