Haunted by loss/actions
Comrades in arms.
My life was spared
Skittish.

ALIGNMENT ....................

score mod. save score mod. save
 CHARISMA {10}
  • (..) CONSTITUTION {14} [+2] (p)+6
DEXTERITY {12} [+1] (..) INTELLIGENCE {14} [+2] (p)
 STRENGTH {14} [+2] (..) WISDOM {12} [+1] (..)

ARMOR CLASS [11] SPEED [..] INITIATIVE [+1] PROFICIENCY [..]
 HIT POINTS: -maximum [..] -current [..] -temporary [..]
 DEATH SAVES: -successes[./3] -failures [./3] HIT DIE [d..+.]

[-] ... ACROBATICS (Dex) [-] ... MEDICINE (Wis)
 [P] +3 ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis) [-] ... NATURE (Int)
 [-] ... ARCANA (Int) [p] +3 PERCEPTION (Wis)
 [P] +4 ATHLETICS (Str) [-] ... PERFORMANCE (Cha)
 [-] ... DECEPTION (Cha) [-] ... PERSUASION (Cha)
 [-] ... HISTORY (Int) [-] ... RELIGION (Int)
 [-] ... INSIGHT (Wis) [p] +4 SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
 [P] +2 INTIMIDATION (Cha) [p] +4 STEALTH (Dex)
 [P] +4 INVESTIGATION (Int) [p] +3 SURVIVAL (Wis)

weapon/power bonus damage damage type notes
 ................ [+..] [.d..+.] ............. .........................

RACE / CLASS / ESSENCE / BACKGROUND FEATURES
  feature notes source
  ....... ........................................................
race
  khador animal handling; intimidation;
+2 bonus against frightened
+2 bonus on con checks, +2 con save

class
  light armour, simple weapons, rivet gun,
Perception, investigation, stealth, sleight of hand, mechanic tools

Tinker D4 2/LR spend a tinker die. Weapon add result to hit OR damage.
Armour reduce damage
Item ability check.

During a long rest: can roll a tinker dice and create up to the result in GP of common items. Must provide half the cost in materials.

Advantage on perception in an industrial environment
Determine if machine is safe or in danger of failure.

background
Proficiency: Handaxe, blunderbuss, military rifle, athletic, survival, infantry armour, steamjacks
Wintergard: adv. On persuasion/intimation for members of the wintergard. Call on aid from veterans; GM determined what if any aid.
  ....... ........................................................ essence
Might; +2 Con (Inc)
On crit roll damage dice twice and take highest.
Count as 1 size larger for carry/lift/push/pull/drag

EQUIPMENT
  Jack wrench, rivet gun (20 shots), explorers pack, armoured apron, mechanic toolkit, dagger, fur hat, badge of rank, broken sword, 10gp, common clothes.

.. platinum pieces .. gold pieces .. silver pieces .. brass pieces

LANGUAGES
  common, ...

NOTES

Misha grew up with the cold in her bones. Everyone had to make do. Everyone.

Her dad and her mom worked the smelters. Every day they came home with aches in their bones and coughs in their lungs. But he would still sit down with her and throw down a pile of broken gears and springs, and say “come on, make us something.” She simply pinged gears across the tabletop. Her dad would smile sadly at her, and put them down on her brother's table. “More for you.”

Her brother's movements made her eyes sparkle as the pile of junk became chessmen, or little mechanical rabbits. Her brother could just.. see things..

It was a great day when the school found him, his skills were needed. His gifts could be nurtured. Misha's father seemed more distant when Osric left.

She tried,but her hands didn't dance like her brothers, she was happier when she could swing a sledge at a boiler plate and pound it into different shape, replace a wheel or a bearing in some giant workshop engine or vehicle.

When she went before the assessors, they shook their heads, and she was assigned to the winter guard.

In the guard, she was cycled into the horrific invasion of Lhael, something that soured her taste for war. She worked wherever she was sent, her capacity for heavy loads was noted, and frequently she would be servicing the field guns, the mighty steam armour of the Men o’War or the Iron Fangs. Once she had to run raw materials to a great warjack as well. 

She learned on the job, the desperate moments of seized gears or jammed tracks to be liberated, frequently by force and swearing.

There were also confused moments of combat, and many times she could only give thanks to the wilds that she was still alive. Each clash meant more deaths. Each sunrise meant more new faces. Then came the worst. She was there at Rimswater. When the artillery, her artillery and those cursed swords reduced the town to rubble.

While she regularly cursed her fate as a winter guard. She had never so despised it as much as that day. She couldn't celebrate a victory. Only ghosts dwelled in that town afterwards. Shortly after that, she was captured. She didn't resist the Cygnaran patrol very hard when it crashed into them. Just enough to say that she had resisted. A bullet had passed through one of her limbs and went to ground to staunch the flow, and the next thing she remembered was a rifle stock.

After that, she would have been quite content in her cell once they realised she had nothing of value to give them.

[Still WIP]

I could probably get everything I want from this by just going fighter and finding a way to get mechanics tools.

Kakihara

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 18, 2024, 08:10:49 PMThanks for the input Shengami, I might need to look at a different background then labor boss. If I go with the local shop Idea. The only reason I thought about a guild was to Justify a Labor boss that is an Artisan and Alchemist.

Wait that just gave me an idea. A local shop that grew big enough  to  have two more stores and become a local merchant enterprise with a total of three stores. The first  Shop that started it all will be in  Midfast then then second and third in Berck and Five Fingers. This would also justify some of the traveling she has done cause her work made her travel between the three locations in Ord. This can also set my plans for having earned the attention of Casimir  the Master at arms and Requistion Officer and  Isidora The Liason officer of the Crimson fangs.
She may definitely have caught the eye of Casimir since he deals with most of the outside vendors as well as the other armories'.  The idea behind the this mercinary group is they are broken up into military like structure.  So there are divisions that are just the warcasters and their warjacks and then you have an infantry division, a Calvary, each with their own commanding officer and internal structure and specialized armory and gear.  So Isidora is more dealing with both the internal units to coordinate as well as pull off units or gear from these other divisions as needed for this special division as well as deal with communicating with the outside entities once the high command has sent them a job.  So she may be less likely to have met others.  

And the merchant enterprise makes a lot of sense as there are other such merchant endeavors in the the world.

Marie Reynolds

Okay Cool I was not sure Isidora  was just an internal liason or not. Cool  that the merchant idea will work.

Muse

Good evening.  

I'm very interested in this.  I intend to read more before I apply and I hope I'm not too late.  (I confess I'm self conscious about waving before reading more.) 

If you can give me an idea of how long I have left to apply I'd appreciate it.  It'll give me an idea of whether or not I need to put my other commitments today on pause while I read, and weather to make a new concept or adapt an old one that I can get done faster.  

(Why, yes, I have recently missed a deadline by two hours and not been able to play.  *Sweat drop.*)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kakihara

Quote from: Muse on January 21, 2024, 05:01:49 PMGood evening. 

I'm very interested in this.  I intend to read more before I apply and I hope I'm not too late.  (I confess I'm self conscious about waving before reading more.)

If you can give me an idea of how long I have left to apply I'd appreciate it.  It'll give me an idea of whether or not I need to put my other commitments today on pause while I read, and weather to make a new concept or adapt an old one that I can get done faster. 

(Why, yes, I have recently missed a deadline by two hours and not been able to play.  *Sweat drop.*)
Well there are a number still working on their sheets and I rarely start a new group game during the week as work makes me too lazy after.  And it's not a first come first serve, I'm reviewing and deciding if characters will fit well.  So I think the earliest I would be moving on a final decision would be next weekend, though it could be a little longer depending on how long it takes for character creation for some.  But earliest would be next weekend.  

Muse

*Smiles*  Thank you, that's extremely reassuring.  

And I also apologize for the emo moment there.  

I have now read the intro and ready to get started on this.  
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Can anyone suggest a background for a traveling gambler?  I'm not sure between guy or gal right now.  This is a gun mage and someone who keeps getting drawn into war, but they really just want to see the world, share kisses and cuddles with interesting young women, and play cards.  

I've done someone like this in deadlands as a guy who preferred throwing knives to guns, so maybe this one should be a girl and focus on her magelock pistol.  

Anyways, i'm having trouble finding a good background for her.  

shengami

Well, the setting specific backgrounds are usually tied to organizations. Hmm... don't have my book with me but off the cuff? Try Laelese Veteran or Kayazy. Depending on what part of the world you are from. Otherwise, 5e basic backgrounds include the Charlatan, Entertainer, Outlaw?

I'll check my book. But I also recommend thinking about essence and origin first. This setting differentiates characters pretty starkly based on where they are from. Like, there's no 'common' language in the setting. If human, you generally know the language of where you were born and one more. These define the character more.

I do hope most people are making sure to know the Cygnaran language.

EDIT: had a look.
Kayazy are a Khadoran organized crime syndicate that have fingers in Lael and Ord as well.
Mercenary could be a generic background for you if your a gun for hire.
Privateer... pirates... depends on where YC originates.
Spy? What were you doing before wandering around?
Vagabond is a general wandering background
Resistance Veteran if you were from Lael or that area.

There's also the consideration of where you learned gun magic. There's three recognized traditions (Tempest, Thorn, and Witch) as well as the Loner path. Who taught you? Did you figure it out yourself? It is more like wizardry than sorcery after all. There's runes to learn and master, technical skills to carve runes into bullets, etc.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Muse

Thanks Shengami.  

I'll give it some more thought. I'm seeing seeing Mercenary and Vagabond.  Could also do something based off of the "Claiming" veteran concepts.  (Was that what they called that war?)  I was basically thinking she was a Cingaran girl, but from the countryside rather than one of the big cities.  

The Requim backgrounds give a lot more than the core book backgrounds--including abiltiy scores!  

Not sure about who taught her, again, workign on that.  MAybe a relative, or maybe she picked it up in a company of soldiers/mercinaries she foguht alongside during the Claiming.  

shengami

OK, first. Though kakihara has not, to my knowledge confirmed this, his descriptions of the nations ahve LEto Raelthorne as the king of Cygnar. That would place the game pre-claiming and probably during the Laelese War. If that is not the case, then Leto is not the king anymore... heh.

IKRPG does stats differently. You do NOT take your stat bonuses from your race. Kakihara is using the alternate, but preferred PP method, of deriving your stats from Essence and Background. Thus, where you are from and how you learned to navigate the world informs who you are more than what race you are. Heh. Thus why I recommend thinking abour 'origin' rather than race and putting serious thought into Essence. Essence defines how YC solves problems and interacts with the world. Then consider where they are from. This is important in the Iron kingdoms. You do still get all traits from your rae though, just not stats.

As to leanring Gun Magic, the notion of gun mages is wide spread enough for the idea to exist and a talented young gunslinger/gifted person to sort of figure it out. A famous case of this is Jarl SKuld, a trollkin gunmage. Thus there is the Gunmage subglass of the Lone Gunman which represent them figuring stuff out their own way rather than being trained. Still, there might have been a spark. A grizzled veteran, seeing a gunmage work, etc.

Also, nice face claim.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Muse

Kakihara, when you get a chance, could you please address whether or not this is after the Claiming?  

I'm very glad you like her, Sengami!  

Thanks to your guidance I should be able to pull out my book and get started tonight.  This is good, I'm not sure when I'll next have time!  

shengami

Quote from: Muse on January 22, 2024, 02:32:04 AMKakihara, when you get a chance, could you please address whether or not this is after the Claiming? 

I'm very glad you like her, Sengami! 

Thanks to your guidance I should be able to pull out my book and get started tonight.  This is good, I'm not sure when I'll next have time! 
No worries. Sometimes I worry that I talk too much... >.>

If you want to shoot me any PMs, I know 5e and IKRPG fairly well.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Muse

Name: Haley Kinnet
Player: Tenshi the Muse of Fire
Character Age: 19

Personality
Playful, gregarious, and flirtations'.  Haley is not strictly a lesbian, but definitely has no desire to be tied down to a home life.  And nothing will tie her down at home faster than getting pregnant.  Fortunately--given her lusty disposition--she's quite happy enjoying the affections of the local girls while traveling the world, living by her wits, her magelock, and her luck.

Backstory
Hailey Kinnet grew up grew up in a country town on the trade road a few days from a Cignaran city.  They called it Winespring Town on account of a fresh spring bringing sweet water down from a nearby hill. 
  Her father was the innkeeper.  Her kept a poker room at the inn which Hailey really considered the most interesting place in the world--between the game itself and the people it brought from all over the wold. 
  There were lots of other interesting places there too, especially the reading room.  Her dad kept lots of books around, even when he had to trade out old ones.  He was especially interested in history books--including military texts that were actually getting taught at the universities.  Hailey just thought they were fun reading. 
  Hailey's mother was a schoolteacher for the town. 
  As Hailey started to mature, she developed a lusty and whimsical temperament.  Fortunately, she had just as much fun--and romance--playing with the barmaids as she did courted by the rich young men who came through the hotel. 
  The started to realize that way to get to her was the cards.  They played her for kisses, and eventually blow jobs, but with one of her friends getting pregnant Hailey decided nothing was worth gambling her virginity.  Not 'til she was ready to settle down. 
  And that might be never. 
  Her mother had a different read on how to take care of her and was trying to get her married to a rich local boy. 
  The two had a very noisy argument.  Hailey was ready to just leave, but they actually made up in the end.  Things had changed, though.  It wasn't that Hailey didn't feel welcome here, she just understood that this little town was too small for her now.   Her pregnant friend gave her the dagger they'd practiced with together.  Her father gave her the revolver he'd daughter her to protect herself with.  She took to the road and began to travel, working her way from place to place as a gambler. 
  Sometimes she had to protect herself with pistol or dagger.  Sometimes she used little wagers or did odd jobs to keep her going, or even used light fingers to filch something.  She told inspiring stories from the history books she'd read. 
  One winter when Hailey was cold and hungry, she came to a rough man's camp and offered to cook and do dishes in return for sharing his fire and his meal. 
  He agreed, but of course he wanted more and started to fondle her.  Hailey moaned but she was determined not to let her journey end.  He had her breasts bare before she managed to concinve him to play cards, 3 gold coins if she won, a blow job if he won. 
  He won, and Hailey paid her foriet.  He hadn't washed.  It was disgusting but she was drunk on the musk... 
  He wasn't satisfied, though, and he threw her down to take more.  Hailey desperately pulled her pistol and fired.  A flare of flame engulphed the injure man and he fled, burning!
  She looked at her revolver, confuse, there was a burning rune on the red-hot barrel.
Iria was an olive green girl with a red witch hat and high heeled sandals.  She wore a red bikini too and used a revolver and a rifle in battle.  Traveling together for many months, they became friends and then lovers.  Iria taught Haley everything she needed to know to become a gun mage--how to make and repair guns, craft runes, and tap into the magic Haley felt spark inside of her every time she gighted down the barrel of a gun, won a hand of cards, or kissed a girl. 
  Iria was alos part of a mercinary band called The Order Of the Crimson Fangs.  She didn't mention it at first because she was under cover busting up a ring of sweat shops.  The traveled together to Five Fingers were Hailey entered a poker tournament and iria acted as her gaurd.  While Hailey competed in the poker tournemnt Iria invested the sweat shop and called in some friends, thent he two of them joined the mission together to bust up the sweat shop, and they took the refugees home together.  It was during this time that Iria observed Hailey organizing the young refugees into a fighting force to protect themselves.  She used tactics that she had only read about in her history books but--with the hlep of drills--seemed able to execute properly.  She inspired the refugrees with stories of their historical heroes and thier battle cries.  By the time she got the refugees home, they were marching and using bhe battle cries of one of their historical units. 
  Iria took Hailey to the Crimson Fangs and introduced the young gun mage to their officers. 

RACE: Human: Cignaran (Caspian)
CLASS/LEVEL Gun Mage / 1
ESSENCE: Agile
BACKGROUND: Mercenary (With proficiencies switched for Cards and Dice)
BACKGROUND ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good

score  mod.    save                        score  mod.    save
CHARISMA    {16}    [+3]    (+3)            CONSTITUTION {14}    [+2]    (+2)
DEXTERITY  {16}    [+3]    (+5)            INTELLIGENCE {12}    [+1]    (+3)
STRENGTH    {08}    [-1]    (-1)            WISDOM      {08}    [-1]    (-1)

ARMOR CLASS [14]      SPEED  [40]      INITIATIVE [+3]      PROFICIENCY [+2]
HIT POINTS:          -maximum [10]        -current [10]        -temporary [10]
DEATH SAVES:      -successes[0/3]      -failures [0/3]        HIT DIE [1d8+2]

[-] ... ACROBATICS (Dex)                        [-] ... MEDICINE (Wis)
[-] ... ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis)                 
  • ... NATURE (Int)

• ... ARCANA (Int)                           
  • ... PERCEPTION (Wis)

• ... ATHLETICS (Str)                          [-] ... PERFORMANCE (Cha)
  • [-] ... DECEPTION (Cha)                          [-] ... PERSUASION (Cha)

• ... HISTORY (Int)                            [-] ... RELIGION (Int)

• ... INSIGHT (Wis)                            [-] ... SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
  • [-] ... INTIMIDATION (Cha)                      [-] ... STEALTH (Dex)
     [-] ... INVESTIGATION (Int)                      [-] ... SURVIVAL (Wis)
    PROFICIENCIES: 
    Armor: Light
    Weapons: Simple Weapons, Simple Firearms, Martial Firearms
    Languages:  Caspian (C/W), Cygnaran (R/W), Ordic (R/W), Gobberish
    Tools: Cards, Dice, Gunsmith’s Kit, Rune-etching Kit, Steam Jacks

Weapon/power Bonus Damage Damage Type Notes
     Dagger [d20+5] [d4+3]    Piercing 1lb. Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)
     Magelock Pistol [d20+6] [1d10+3] Piercing 8lb. Firearm (range 40/120), magazine (1), magelock
     Repeating Pistol [d20+6] [1d10+3] Piercing 6lb. Firearm (range 40/120), light, magazine (5)

feature                        notes                                source
      .......  ........................................................ race
    Right to Bear Arms: Cygnar’s firearms are among the best in the Iron Kingdoms, and its citizens are very familiar with their operation. You gain +1 to attack rolls made with simple and martial firearms.
    Well Educated: You have proficiency in two of the following skills: Arcana, Insight, Medicine, Nature, and Religion.
    Industrial Revolution: When you make an ability check using artisan’s tools, you may roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the ability check.
      .......  ........................................................ class
Order of the Lone Gun
[/b]
ORDER RUNE SHOTS
Starting at 1st level when you choose this order, you learn the Trick Shot rune shot. These rune shots do not count toward the total number of rune shots you can know.
WILD SHOT
At 1st level, you have learned to enhance your attacks with pure, unpredictable energy. When you make a ranged attack with a firearm with which you have proficiency, you can expend a gun mage spell slot to enhance the bullet with raw magical energy. The attack deals an extra 1d8 damage per level of the spell slot used. Roll a d8 and consult the Wild  Shot Damage Type table to determine the damage type.
WILD SHOT DAMAGE TYPE
d8 Damage Type
1 Acid
2 Cold
3 Fire
4 Force
5 Lightning
6 Necrotic
7 Poison
8 Thunder
Rune Shots 2/Rest
[/b]
Fire Beacon. Your rune shot is empowered to strip away mundane and magical concealment from your targets. When you use this rune shot and hit a creature with an attack, any attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the creature cannot benefit from cover. This effect lasts until the start of your next turn.
Thunderbolt. Your rune shot hits with thunderous impact. When you use this rune shot and hit a creature with an attack, that creature takes an extra 2d6 thunder damage and must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 20 feet away from you.
Trick Shot. You empower your bullet to ricochet from your initial target and strike another. When you use this rune shot and make an attack, after the attack, choose a creature within 30 feet of the original target and then make an attack roll to hit the chosen creature. If the attack hits, the chosen creature takes damage from the attack as normal, and any special effects of the attack apply to the creature as normal.
  .......  ........................................................ background

FEATURE: THE CHARTER
[/b]
A long-standing code of conduct called simply “the Charter” defines the rules and strictures under which mercenaries operate. It clarifies how mercenaries are expected to treat employers, civilians, opposing and allied militaries, prisoners, and other mercenary companies. It offers rules for claiming territory, dividing loot, and ransoming prisoners. It also lays out what constitutes armed rebellion and what orders a company-for-hire can lawfully disobey, such as the slaughter of civilians. When interacting with other mercenaries or potential employers, you can expect them to understand the Charter’s basics and not to impede your fulfillment of a contract unless it actively goes against their interests.
Your GM has the final say on exactly how any NPC views  the Charter.
Additionally, you have advantage on Charisma (Persuasion)  or Charisma (Intimidation) checks related to haggling over a  contract, negotiating with a kingdom’s military personnel to not interfere with your actions, or interacting with anyone in  way that directly relates to your fulfillment of a contract. For more on the Charter, see page 166
  .......  ........................................................ essence
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
Fleet: Your movement speed increases by 10 feet.

SPELL DC [13]  CASTING BONUS [+5]    SPELL ABILITY [Cha]    SPELL LEVEL [1st]

SPELL  {1}    {2}    {3}    {4}    {5}    {6}    {7}    {8}    {9}
 SLOTS:  1/1    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.

SPELLS KNOWN
  lvl. Name Trget Range Duration Effect
  {0} Light
 Prestidigitation
  {1}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
BULLET DODGER
1st-level abjuration
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 50 feet
Components: R
Duration: 1 minute
You empower a willing creature within range with a
preternatural ability to dodge bullets. For the duration of the
spell, ranged attacks against the creature have disadvantage,
and if a ranged attack misses the creature, it may move
up to 20 feet as a reaction without provoking attacks of
opportunity.

{2}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {3}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {4}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {5}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {6}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {7}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {8}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................
  {9}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................

EQUIPMENT
 Leather Armor
 Rune-Etching Kit
 Soldier’s Pack
 Ink pen, a one-ounce bottle of ink, parchment
 set of traveler’s clothes
 abacus
 pouch
  0 platinum pieces  9 gold pieces  9 silver pieces  10 brass pieces

NOTES

Muse

I'm sure I can tinker with that formatting for hours.  I'll mess with it as part of future drafts.  More importantly in future drafts I'll know more about the setting and be able to do a better backstory.  I've got some stuff in the works already.  

shengami

O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

Cool Thanks for the languages information Shengami.

FyreFoxx

*skitters in, grabs her flag, and retreats with it*

I am gonna remove my interest for now. I am finding the system component of this game a bit too daunting for me right now.

I am still keeping an eye on things in case I change my mind later.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Marie Reynolds

Okay Here is Clancy Doyle and I made the Change from Labor Boss to Trader. It fit more for what I wanted for Clancy and made more sense for traveling around. Okay A quick edit, I added something to Clancy's personality.
Changed Alignment from Neutral to Neutral Good.

Name: Clancy Doyle
Player: Marie Reynolds
Character Age: 28
Personality
  Clancy finds that in work or play a song can always make it better.  She  also managed to find a balance between being fun loving and adventurous, while still having a strong work ethic. Many have said about her she works hard and plays hard. Money  and time spent on the  health and happiness of  family is never a waste.  A work life balance is very important to me, I work to make a living I don't work to make a life. I take great delight in completing a transaction.

Backstory
  Clancy growing up only had her mother and 4 god parents.  Evilin would come and visit as much as her work would allow  to  Midfast as her daughter grew up in her home country looked after by her 4 closest friends before the retired from their lives a Mercenaries. They made sure Clancy  got education and taught her a variety of skills. Alda taught  Clancy about Alchemy and Medicine, Padri taught her the  intricacies of being a trader, Emma taught her how to cook and Milish taught her how to sail a steam boat. All four also taught her how to fight.  When Clancy reached adult hood, Millish propose the idea of a Joint venture Between the  three different business, Milish would provide a ship and crew that would take Milish traveling around Ord and possibly to  Cygnar. Milish spent much of her time traveling selling her God parent's ware's or making delivers to and from the three business of her god parents. She would also attend festivals and have booth selling wares and opening food stalls to drive  up awareness of the businesses of Alda& Padris armorer/Alchemy and Medicine business, Emma's restaurant and Milish's shipping business by taking orders  and  with the crew  and ship she worked with from Milish business they would see the deliveries handled. In part of Clancy's work and more of Alda and Padri's family looking for work and  eventually Alda's and Padri's own children reaching adult hood Alda and Padri's business would grow and open a location in Five fingers and Berck. All the while Casimir was working on his deal that would change Clancy's life in a way she never  expected ever since he had done some business with Alda& Padri Milish and even Emma when his work would take him to Midfast and eat regulary at Emma's establishment.
Family Information
Father:Unknown
Mother: Evlin Doyle. A Student of the Corvis University  that is an Explorer in the  employ of Corvis University. Evlin is  Ord by birth  though moved to Cygnar to study at Corvis University and later start a career as a one of the University's backed explorers.

Clancy's God Parents/ Friends to Evlin Doyle:
All of the following people  have been long time friends of Evlin Doyle.  The four of them have also helped mentor and look after  Clancy when Evlin sent Clancy to live with them to studay and learn as she found her  own path to walk in life.  Also the  four friends had invested in each other business and supported each other as they go their respective business off the ground.

Alda Silva(Todorian descent): Before retiring she was a member of a small  mercenary outfit that used to be in the  employ of Corvis university that would accompany its explorers.  A citizen of Ord before finding work in Cygnar and when retired  returned to Ord with others from her unit to start a business in Ord. Wife to Padri. Alda is an Alchemist.  Alda works alongside her husband where the run armor smith and Alchemist store. Alda is also a skilled Leatherworker and handles the shops leather working needs as well as alchemical needs.  Alda main call to fame as a  Alchemist was reinforced with her knowledge of Medicine.  If Alda is not  working on a commissions for the shop her and her husband own she is out making house calls to patients which is another part of the business. Alda is  the one that taught  Clancy  Alchemy  and Medicine. Alda and Padri's first store was in Midfast and then as their family grew they opened  two more stores, one in Berck and the other in Five fingers.

Padri Silva(Todorian descent): Before retiring He was a member of a small  mercenary outfit that used to be in the  employ of Corvis university that would accompany its explorers.  A citizen of Ord before finding work in Cygnar and when retired  returned to Ord with others from his unit to start a business in Ord.  Husband to Alda. Padri is a skilled smith with a focus as an Armorer.  He will craft or repair weapons on a commission basis but his armor is his most common work he does and his call to fame. Padri  time as a mercenary was as a combat mechanic. He had quite the knack for disabling traps.
Alda and Padri's first store was in Midfast and then as their family grew they opened  two more stores, one in Berck and the other in Five fingers. Padri also came from a family of traders and Padri often filled the role of Quartermaster as well for missions with the University of Corvis. Padri passed  this skills on to Clancy.

Emma Applewhite:  A  Cygnarian gun mage that lived a live with one foot in the shadows. She worked for the same company as Alda, Padri and Milish. She was the one that could always find information on if any others were be seeking the same ruin or artifact their Corvis employers had set there sights on and had also a firm grasp of  the knowledge of the arcane. Despite all of this though Emma had a knack and love for cooking. When she retired she opened a restaurant in Midfast. Emma is also  Milish's Significant other.
Emma was the one who taught  Clancy how to cook. When Clancy had no other responsibilities to tackle For Alda or Milish and had no social plans she would find herself helping in Emma's kitchen if she needed the help.

Milish Carrock:  Another gun mage that had become a mercenary after doing  a tour of service with the Maritime order of the Trident. She joined the same Mercenary outfit that Alda, Padri and Emma were apart of.  Just like the others Milish worked on the contract with Corvis University. Milish had a knack for Travel especially by sea. After Milish retired to Midfast she opened a shipping company. Most of her regular business came from Alda,Padri and Emma for supplies they needed for their business but she had other local promising clients as well. Milish is Emma's Significant other. Milish taught  Clancy how to  sail a ship. Milish  proposed a Joint venture Between the  three different business, Milish would provide a ship and crew that would take Milish traveling around Ord and possibly to  Cygnar

Important Connections(To  tie her into the plot hook for the game):

Casimir:  Now  Master at arms of the Order of the Crimson Fangs, had his start as a Logistics officer with the Order. Thanks to his business dealings with  Alda, Padri, Emma and Milish he learned of a rising star  that was a  God child Clancy Doyle of the 4 former Mercenaries and apprenticed under the each of them.  Thanks to these apprenticeships Clancy  has a Talent for Alchemy, Medicine, Cooking and Trading. This drew his attention to Clancy cause he saw her having potential to be apart of on of the small specialized squads that  could benefit from her skills and serve as the Squads Quartermaster and also have her serve as a Liaison  to her Godparents business to form standing business deals with the Order. Casimir new he would have to present his plans to not only to his Commander but to Clancy and her 4 God parents to make the deal worth it  Clancy and Godparents  respectively. That is his plan that he is waiting for the right time to bring the Idea to his Commander and all Involved parties.

RACE        Human(Ord[Thurian])                CLASS/LEVEL  Alchemist / 1
ESSENCE: Intellectual                            BACKGROUND: Trader.
BACKGROUND(cont)  See notes                  ALIGNMENT  Neutral Good

score  mod.    save                        score  mod.    save
CHARISMA    {13}    [+1]    (..)            CONSTITUTION {12}    [+1]    (..)
DEXTERITY    {12}    [+1]    (+3)            INTELLIGENCE {.14}    [+2]    (+4)
STRENGTH    {12}    [+1]    (..)            WISDOM      {14}    [.+2]    (..)

ARMOR CLASS [13]      SPEED  [..]      INITIATIVE [..]      PROFICIENCY [+2]
HIT POINTS:          -maximum [7]        -current [7]        -temporary [..]
DEATH SAVES:      -successes[./3]      -failures [./3]        HIT DIE [d8.+1.]

[-] ... ACROBATICS (Dex)                        [+6] ... MEDICINE (Wis)
[-] ... ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis)                    [+4] ... NATURE (Int)
[-] ... ARCANA (Int)                            [-] ... PERCEPTION (Wis)
[+3] ... ATHLETICS (Str)                          [+3] ... PERFORMANCE (Cha)
[-] ... DECEPTION (Cha)                          [+3] ... PERSUASION (Cha)
[-] ... HISTORY (Int)                            [-] ... RELIGION (Int)
[+4] ... INSIGHT (Wis)                            [-] ... SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
[-] ... INTIMIDATION (Cha)                      [-] ... STEALTH (Dex)
[-] ... INVESTIGATION (Int)                      [-] ... SURVIVAL (Wis)

weapon/power    bonus    damage    damage type            notes
Gaff spear.....  [+3]  [1d8+1]  Piercing.......  Special,Two handed.........................
Shortbow.  [+3]  1d6+0]  Piercing........  Ammunition (range 80/320),two-handed
….............  [-]  [.d..+.]  …............  …......................

feature                        notes                                source
Shore Leave  Atheletics and Performance...................................................................... race
Sea Legs  Swim speed 30',not usable in medium or heavy armor.......race
Coastal Home  Proficiency:Steam boats and Cook Utensils............. race
Field Alchemy  ........................................................ class
Formulas known  Two formulas known......................................class
Poison Resistance  Advantage on saving throws vs poison and resistance to poison damage........class
  Easy employment  See notes.................................... background
  Intellectual Aptitude  Double Proficiency bonus for Medicine.......essence

Alchemy  DC [12]  8+  PROFICIENCY  BONUS [+2]    INTELLIGENCE MODIFER [+2]

FORMULA KNOWN: 2
  Common:
Healing Liniment
Vitrolic Fire
  Uncommon:

Copied(Does not count again Known Forumula Total):

EQUIPMENT
Cook's utensils 1 gp 8 lbs
  Arrows (20)  1 gp 1 lbs
alchemist’s leather armor  13 lbs +2 AC against attacks that deal only fire and acid
5 empty grenade housings
a field alchemy kit  30lbs
a grenade bandolier  1/1/2 lbs
a gas mask  2lbs
Short Bow  2lbs
Gaff Spear 3lbs
traveler’s clothes 4lbs
an abacus 2lbs
a one ounce bottle of ink
an ink pen
5 sheets of parchment,
3 alchemist's Stone 6 sp
1 unit of Arcane Minerals 7gp
1 unit of organic oil 1sp
1 unit of heavy metals 5sp
1 unit of Menoth's fury 3gp

.. platinum pieces  6 gold pieces  8 silver pieces  .. brass pieces

LANGUAGES
Speak, Read and Write:
  Ordic,Cygnarian,Khadorian and Rhulic

NOTES
Height: 5'11”
Weight: 176 LBS
Essence:
Capable of true bursts of genius, characters with the
Intellectual essence are often exceptionally intelligent and
think impossibly quickly and clearly. Characters with this
essence are cerebral thinkers and planners who see all the
angles and anticipate the likely course of action taken by
those with lesser minds.
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence, Wisdom, or
Charisma score increases by 2. Choose Intelligence.
Intellectual Aptitude. Choose one of your skill proficiencies or
tool proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any
ability check you make that uses the chosen proficiency.
At 11th level, you can choose another skill proficiency or tool
proficiency to gain this benefit.  Choose Medicine.
Trader:
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence or Charisma
score increases by 1.
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Languages: Two of your choice
Equipment: A set of traveler’s clothes, an abacus, a one ounce bottle of ink, an ink pen, 5 sheets of parchment, and a lockbox containing 20 gp

FEATURE: MASTER HAGGLER
Your business sense allows you to easily read markets and
identify opportunities to make or save a little bit of coin. You
have advantage on Charisma checks made while trying to
establish the price of goods and services. Additionally, when
setting out on a long journey, you can negotiate with a fellow
trader either for passage in exchange for guarding a shipment
or for information about which goods may be needed in your
destination’s markets. At the GM’s discretion, if you know
the destination of a significant journey, you can purchase
any one type of common good (spices, clothes, livestock,
etc.) in your starting location and sell it for a profit at your
destination. Your GM determines the amount of the profit.

Personality Trait: I take great delight in completing a transaction.

Ideal: A Bargain. I’m happiest when I know I’ve gotten
the best possible deal on something—on
anything, really. (Any)

Bond: I work hard to provide for my family.

Flaw: I’m constantly saving for a rainy day, to the point
of almost never spending money.

Race:
Age. Humans reach adulthood in their late teens and live
less than a century.
Alignment. Humans do not tend toward any particular
alignment. The best and the worst are found among them.
Size. Humans vary widely in height and build, from barely
5 feet to well over 6 feet tall. No matter where you fall in that
range, your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Languages. All human characters can speak the language of
their home nation, but reading and writing are not entirely
widespread. As the primary trade tongue used by merchants
and travelers throughout the Iron Kingdoms, Cygnaran is by
far the most widely spoken language in western Immoren,
but anyone who has common dealings with citizens of other
nations will typically learn the languages of peoples they
deal with. You can speak, read, and write two languages of
your choice.
Languages Chosen: Ordic and  Cygnarian
National Origin. Choose the nation your character is from:
Cygnar, the Protectorate of Menoth, Khador, Llael, Ord,
or Cryx. After choosing a nation, you can use the standard
traits for humans, or you can use the traits listed for your
character’s nation below.

Ord:
Shore Leave. You have proficiency in two of the following
skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Performance, and Survival. Choose Acrobatics and Survival.

Sea Legs. You have a swimming speed of 30 feet. You
can’t use your swimming speed while wearing medium or
heavy armor.

Coastal Home. You have proficiency with your choice of
one waterborne vehicle (Steam boat) and one set of the following tools:
carpenter’s tools, cartographer’s tools, navigator’s tools, or
cook’s utensils. (Chose Cook's utensils)

Carrying Capacity:  66.5/180 LBS
Push, drag or lift:  360 LBS

Character ties that will go into effect Should Clancy be accepted into the game:
Meeting Iria and then  Haley. These Events Happened before Meeting Loriana:
While Clancy was working the rivers a fun loving, free roving, journeyman gunsmith and gun mage named Iria started getting from place to place by taking security gigs on her river boat.

Iria was really cheerful and affectionate.  She even enjoyed trading arm restraining techniques with Clancy when they weren't on duty.

A few months into their association, Iria showed up on the ship with her new apprentice, Haley.  Haley was a young blonde human.  She was a little frazzled.  The barrel of her revolver was slightly slagged by the awakening of her gun mage magic.  The three of them became friends over several more months.  Hailey had a sharp mind.  She was cheerful and insightful.  She  loved to travel and liked to hear about places Clancy had been.  she loved little details about the cultures there. Haley and Clancy had down some light flirting, kissing and playing strip poker together on occasion on there journey together.

Meeting Loriana and eventually Jaspar:
Clancy became a regular customer at the Inn Loriana worked at as Clancy's  work has regularly  brought her to Five fingers quite a bit and  by happenstance on her first  visits to the Establishment Loriana and Loriana was working while starting to feel under the weather and since the Establishment was an Inn and she was staying while taking a meal. She offered to have Loriana come by her room to take a look at her and help with the signs of Loriana getting sick. Nothing to serious Clancy just helped her stave of the cold she had developed from going full blown issue.  Then they started to become friends she learned that Loriana tried a few different apprenticeships that failed, One left Loriana financially  on the hook for the cost of some initial tools and supplies to learn a trade. Clancy having learned about this provided her some extra money opportunities in between her work at the Inn to help pay off those debts and to help broaden  her skills while working at the Inn    She took Loriana on as a student in cooking. Teaching Loriana whatever she could when she had time between her own work. Loriana and Clancy grew closer than friends but developed a more open kind of relationship, That is polyamourous in nature due to in part of Clancy always being on the move with  her job. The foundation of this relationship is more centered on emotional intimacy with it sparingly becoming physical intimate. Jaspar on his travel's decides to  check in on his sister and at he Inn she is working at he is told she is in one of the customers room and what he finds  is Loriana  learning how to cook. Clancy invites Jaspar to stay for the lesson to be the taste tester of Loriana's lessons for the day. Jaspar stays for a while to learn how well Loriana was being taken care of by Clancy and he learns they are in a relationship as well.

More Iria and Haley  Connection Information. This Occurred after meeting Loriana:
After their third shared visit to Five Fingers, Haley and Iria didn't show up again for a few months.  Clancy heard there'd been a really daring hit against a sweat shot who's patrons made their hard to touch.  Clancy hoped her friends were okay and wasn't sure she'd see them again, even if they were, but ran into them again three months later, far from their usual stomping grounds trying to get closer to home so they could report to Iria's masters in a certain mercenary company...

Does not own, I just have this for reference:
Steamboat Speed:  7 mph Crew:10  Passengers: 30  Cost: 8 gp  Cargo: 150 tons

shengami

An interesting set of characters so far. Well, the ones I can see.

Khadoran soldier
Cygnaran gunmage
Ordic alchemist
Ordic Battle priest

Very interesting.

Love the face claim, Marie!
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

Yep definitely some interesting choices for characters.
Thanks Shengami glad  you like the picture!

Rashol

I don't have/can't find a decent picture. If anyone has any suggestions. I would appreciate them.

shengami

Quote from: Rashol on January 25, 2024, 02:53:40 AMI don't have/can't find a decent picture. If anyone has any suggestions. I would appreciate them.
Start with a handful of keywords that define the character and google that shit.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Rashol

Good plan. Pinterest isn't working. There's not so many for this game. but for another game I tried another search. I could identify the definitely ai, but discarding the potentially ai was a lot lot harder. And I'm not good enough to draw them myself.

Hexed

The image search is always a pain even if you save good ones all the time. :D

Do got a question though. Rhulfolk traits are fairly incomplete compared to the other races and it mentions they're a subrace so does that mean they get all the dwarf goodies and the Rhulfolk stuff?

Rashol

Quote from: Hexed on January 25, 2024, 05:24:52 AMThe image search is always a pain even if you save good ones all the time. :D

Do got a question though. Rhulfolk traits are fairly incomplete compared to the other races and it mentions they're a subrace so does that mean they get all the dwarf goodies and the Rhulfolk stuff?
Yes