Troubleshooting thread

Started by Vekseid, August 14, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Quote from: Lord Rupert Everton on September 02, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
I can't access PM's and my account has been "de-verified" due to an issue with my e-mail account. I have followed the steps recommended and have not heard back from anyone that was supposed to assist.
May I ask who you have contacted?

Lord Rupert Everton

Nico

LtSurge

For some reason Shoutbox isn't working for me, and Chat won't let me login, even though I'm using the same password

Oreo

The Chat and Shoutbox do not function for On Hold applicants.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

LtSurge

LtSurge

So I take a time investment into this place, get along with practically everyone, and this is the treatment I get.

I would have some other place to vent, but I can't PM or use any means to discuss the matter privately.

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:30:00 PM
So I take a time investment into this place, get along with practically everyone, and this is the treatment I get.

I would have some other place to vent, but I can't PM or use any means to discuss the matter privately.

There is a link in your introduction left by Lilias--follow it and create a new thread in that board should you wish to discuss the matter in a more private setting.

AmberStarfire

Maybe there's just a matter to sort out before it's resolved one way or another. On Hold looks like it's a temporary tag/categorisation while membership is decided. I'd say try and be positive, and not take it personally. It looks like those privileges aren't switched on for the temporary category you're in, so it isn't you specifically.

LtSurge

Quote from: Sherlock on September 07, 2015, 07:32:08 PM
There is a link in your introduction left by Lilias--follow it and create a new thread in that board should you wish to discuss the matter in a more private setting.

I made a Thread but it got deleted.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on September 07, 2015, 07:33:00 PM
Maybe there's just a matter to sort out before it's resolved one way or another. On Hold looks like it's a temporary tag/categorisation while membership is decided. I'd say try and be positive, and not take it personally. It looks like those privileges aren't switched on for the temporary category you're in, so it isn't you specifically.

Alrighty...

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
I made a Thread but it got deleted.

Your introduction is here, and the last post in-thread contains the link you need. There is no record of any deletions, from what I can see.

LtSurge

I figured after looking at the first Thread mentioning the decisions are non-negotiable and there would be no explanation given, why would they let a Thread like mine, asking what happened, exist in the subforum

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:40:13 PM
I figured after looking at the first Thread mentioning the decisions are non-negotiable and there would be no explanation given, why would they let a Thread like mine, asking what happened, exist in the subforum

If you choose not to make a thread, that is, of course, your decision. It is, however, the only acceptable area in which you may discuss the application decision or any questions you may have about what a Hold constitutes.

Should you have further queries, please use the board provided and not this thread.

Verasaille

Hello, I have an IC thread for a group game, here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.25

I cannot access it, when I do click on it I get a page that won't let me access bookmarks, or links or reply to the thread.

I asked Oreo and was sent here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Nico

Quote from: Verasaille on January 09, 2016, 03:41:08 PM
Hello, I have an IC thread for a group game, here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.25

I cannot access it, when I do click on it I get a page that won't let me access bookmarks, or links or reply to the thread.

I asked Oreo and was sent here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
No clue what might be wrong. I can access the thread without trouble.

Oreo

I just noticed that the thread number ends in .25.
Can you access it through the original topic number of https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.0

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Verasaille

No one else is having trouble posting, All I get is a page with the SB at top and a line below with the buttons for Wiki, blogs, dice bot,etc. And nothing below that but this:

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
XHTML - RSS - WAP2
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.

No reply window, and nothing else but blank.

Adding this, I can post elsewhere on the site just fine. (posting here as you can see)
I am logged in and everything.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Verasaille

Still having trouble, and now I have another page I cannot post on with the same problem. The rp I have with Winter King.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240198.0

I click on it, I see the page as it is supposed to be for a split second, then I get the page that looks like this:

-----------

January 10, 2016, 11:27:00 AM
Hello Verasaille, you have 369 messages, none are new.
Public ApprovedBox Close Shoutbox
Show unread posts since last visit.

Show new replies to your posts.

Fullscreen Shoutbox

Elliquiy would not be here without the support of members like you. Thank you.
Support us on Patreon •  (Paypal) (Donations are not linked to and do not reference E.)

(Follow for site outage details, etc.) Explanations and other ways to support E.
Click here if you are having problems.Default • Wide Screen • Beige • Lilac • Rainbow • Black & Blue • October • Send us your theme!
The Elliquian Herald & Post
December 2015 & January 2016 Issue
Wiki Blogs Dicebot Ons and Offs Find Partners IRC Voice Chat Youtube Store
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
XHTML - RSS - WAP2
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.

------------

The rest of the page is blank.

Beguile's Mistress

This sounds like it could be a browser glitch.  Have you tried refreshing the browser or shutting down the computer and restarting?

Verasaille

I have tried all those things. Not ruling out a browser problem. So far it is confusing the hell out of me.

All right! I have figured it out, and removed the add on that was causing the problem. All is good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Just so you know it was a "Trump blocker add on for Chrome"

Beguile's Mistress

I mostly use Firefox and only view E on that but I also have IE and do some E browsing there, too.  Could you try an alternate browser to see if it will work if you haven't already done so?

I get this sometimes with Firefox but it clears when I refresh the page.

Oniya

Trump blocker?  I'm not sure whether to be confused that this would block a thread here or amused that such a thing exists.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Verasaille

@Oniya, yes it does exist, was installed by my techie mainly as a joke. I have disabled it. It blocks any web mention of the Donald and any mention of his name. That was why my chrome was blocking the page, the post contained the word "trumped" in it.

Oniya

That eliminates the confusion - and I can still be amused by it.  :D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King Serperior

Well, for a few minutes, E went completely down for me.  I have no idea if it was just me, but it went 100% down.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.