News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Started by Aiden, November 12, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

I'm probably very likely going to pick up this game when I get back to the states. How are the queue times and I have honestly looked into the new expansion very very little. Did they completely rework all the classes again?

TheGlyphstone

Not really. All the classes are different, but primarily because they did a massive ability prune - consolidating 2 abilities with similar usages/timers into one, removing a bunch of extremely situational spells no one really used and/or making spells spec-restricted. There was just a lot of button bloat, so coming back you will definitely be wondering where a bunch of abilities you used to have went.

Queue times vary by server, but for mine I haven't had any queue at all in a few days.

Hemingway

A week in, Argent Dawn EU still has horrible queues. 3 - 4000 people during peak hours. Garrisons still crash repeatedly throughout the day.

It's good fun when it works, though.

TheGlyphstone

Oh geez, you're on an EU server. I can only imagine they're still in havoc; your launch just flat-out fragged the servers even worse than the US one.

Aiden

I don't have high ques, but I am not on a high pop servers. Everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Madriv

Wyrmrest Accord was locked for a couple days there. It's loosened up now. Not crazy about the garrison idea yet, but I like the localized "bonus quest" areas where you just walk in, get your quest to kill X of Y and go to town.

I'm having a *serious* problem with those ogres who kill wolves. I could spend all my time in that settlement slaughtering ogres, especially if they'd let you free the chained wolves even after the initial quest. Seriously. All day.

Revelation

Earthen ring has had no major issues or queues. It's a medium server though so take that as you will.

One thing I will say about WoD is I hate crafting. Rather I hate being unable to craft. Having to wait for a daily cooldown to craft true steel ingots and having work orders for ingots be slow as hell means I have to wait to slowly get 100/150 ingots for an item. The ore market has also crashed on my server, with the new ores being sold for 1g or so a piece. Anything I want to craft will take days of work just to make one thing.

Thorne

I'm not overly thrilled with it either - we keep going back and forth from one extreme to the next, here.
On the flip side, if you set a suitable follower, that seems to increase the yield, so ... ugh, no. I don't like it. :/

Might be better on a gatherer. I'll have to see.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

TheGlyphstone

Weird. The market for pretty much all the new mats on Whisperwind right now is spiking through the roof - base ores and and herbs going for 10-12g each, more for enchanting mats.

Revelation

True iron ore is about 2 and a half gold on my server, black iron ore is 1g for a few pages then 2g.

The Dark Raven

Woot!  Despite dying (constantly), I just finished Ulduar for the first time ever.  ...And as an alchemist, I love Freya.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Daylily on November 19, 2014, 04:09:49 PM
Woot!  Despite dying (constantly), I just finished Ulduar for the first time ever.  ...And as an alchemist, I love Freya.

That was one of my favorite raids when it was released! The bosses were SOOO much fun to do hardmode wise. Everything was so different and there was always something fun to do. Very few tank and spanks! :D!! Best WoW memories right there. I did a lot of progression raiding in WoW during Wrath and Yogg hardmode was such a struggle, but I remember we were pumped when we finally got him 25 man! (Plus it was a guaranteed drop of mimerons head!)

* Rel Mayer is nostalgic

I have to admit - I play just for the raiding, so as long as it's fairly decent this new expansion - they'll suck me back in. :) I'm kinda getting excited to play!

TheGlyphstone

Ulduar is still my favorite raid too, though it admittedly goes neck-and-neck with Karazhan; Ulduar had better fights, but Karazhan was both my first raid instance and an incredibly thematic environment.

Niferbelle

I'm level 100 finally. Debating rather to level up one of my other characters -- I think I have four more at 90. There's still a bit I want to do on my main although I don't get into raiding or anything like that. I don't have the patience for it. But there are lots of followers out there to get still at 100 and other stuff to mess with. We'll see how long it holds my interest.

Hemingway

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 18, 2014, 12:22:25 PM
Oh geez, you're on an EU server. I can only imagine they're still in havoc; your launch just flat-out fragged the servers even worse than the US one.

It was pretty bad, all right.

Anyway. I'm 99 now. I would've been 100, but I'm lazy and I'd much rather sit around my garrison doing garrison missions. Managed to make my first epic plate, which I sold for a tidy sum.

Aiden

What did you sell it for? I made one a few days ago, but i ended up wearing it to make ilvl cap for heroics and MC (want that corehound mount)

Rel Mayer

Muahaaha! WoW is now mine! I must level to 100!

PM me if you want my battletag!