Kaer Morhen - Return of the Witchers - Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, December 18, 2016, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

This is an interest check for a game that would be based after the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, based on a previous project I start elsewhere some time ago but didn't work out due to creative differences.

Eitherway, as explained above Kaer Morhen has been re-opened by reformed Lodge of Sorceresses and they have pieced back together the process for making Witchers. This would start out as a 'Slice of life' sandbox game based out of Kaer Morhen. Players would take on the role of Witchers and/or Sorceresses and play out their adventures and lives, people can also take on short-term characters in the form of Monsters for others to take a contract against. If we get a healthy, active group we can bring in dedicated events & plots.

Before I go any further with the set up would anybody be interested?

Character Sheet:
[float=right][img]URLHERE[/img][/float][b]Character:[/b]
[b]Player:[/b]

[b]Role:[/b] Witcher/Sorceress
[b]Specialties:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]History:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Relationships/Connections:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Additional Details:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Lustful Bride

LeSane

'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

Here I was thinking this one was a flop. Alright, lets see if anyone else shows some interest.
In the meantime any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

Neithriel

I -think- I might be interested. I've only played a bit of the games though.
My absence is something I am dealing with, and I hope to be back on track Feb 6. There are things that have happened that isn't...exactly what I had planned and I'm working on getting it situated.

Primarch

Well its set a hundred years later, so you won't need to know details of the setting. Just the general concepts.

Jxnbury

I am possibly interested in this. I love this series.

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

LeSane

The only question I would be what are the limitations?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

LeSane

Things such as weapons, armor, abilities, and so on. I don't wanna make a character who will step on your toes if that makes any sense.

Primarch

Its going to be a freeform game and I'm pretty happy to say the Sorceresses found all manner of fancy kit in the armoury when they were re-opening the place. So if you want to take some favourite weapon from the game go right ahead (in fact, I think I'll call dibs on Aerondight myself but I'll mark it down as 'to be acquired in game').

Only thing I'll really say about abilities or limits is that its only been "10 years" since the first of these new Witchers were made, so characters won't be seasoned veterans comparable to the Witcher 3 characters running around. 

I'm satisfied with the response so I'll get character sheets up this evening.

Laughing Hyena

Arsene

Odanrav

I've never been a huge Witcher fan, mostly because of some of the characterization, but I've always been intrigued by the concept of witchers,  of contracted monsters hunters trained since childhood, and the sorceress lodge was pretty cool as well. I'm tentatively interested in playing a Witcher, or some sort of recruit.

Primarch

Character sheet is up, I've kept it rather minimalist because I'm really more interested in letting you guys but up the bare bones and the rest can be developed via plotting & IC. Not to mention if people want to take up more than one character this will make it easier. If you have a preference to write paragraph form over using bullet points please feel free. There's a bit at the end where you can add any additional details you would like known though I ask if you wish to put in a bunch of other images please use a [*spoiler] tags. Just so we don't clutter stuff up.

Any questions please feel free to ask. 

Lustful Bride

What kinds of Character Images are allowed?

In was planning to use this (to keep with the White hair motif of Witchers)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

But I can keep looking :P

Primarch

White hair isn't actually a Witcher thing, just Geralt because main character is special!.

I have a preference for 'live action' or 'real' but at this point I'm pretty happy with whatever you find so long as its appropriate to the setting. Only real issue is that there are no Lady Witchers. For some reason they never survive the mutation procedure.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Primarch on December 22, 2016, 04:13:33 PM
White hair isn't actually a Witcher thing, just Geralt because main character is special!.

But Ciri and that other Witcher (I forget his name) the teacher who helped teach Ciri, had white hair.

QuoteI have a preference for 'live action' or 'real' but at this point I'm pretty happy with whatever you find so long as its appropriate to the setting. Only real issue is that there are no Lady Witchers. For some reason they never survive the mutation procedure.

Okay I will keep looking.

Hhehe, I guess I could make her a 'Wannabee Witcher.' instead :P

Neithriel

-snip-

Forgive me, I am going to have to withdraw my interest here. Just have a bit too many stories going on at the moment. But thank you for the chance to write with you all.

Happy holidays everyone.
My absence is something I am dealing with, and I hope to be back on track Feb 6. There are things that have happened that isn't...exactly what I had planned and I'm working on getting it situated.

Primarch

Character: Conor
Player: Primarch

Role: Witcher
Specialties:
  • Contracts involving Vampires
  • Sword combat
  • Use of the 'Quen' sign

Personality:
  • Confident & assertive.
  • Prefers a small number of friends.
  • Loyal to the Witchers School & Lodge Sorceresses.
  • Walking 'the Path' has rendered him somewhat jaded due to poor treatment by nobles & commonfolk alike.
  • Enjoys drinking, both to get properly soused but also as a social buffer.
  • Generally considered very patient but once his temper is lost it can take very long to calm down.

History:
  • Born in Nilfgaard proper but rendered a war orphan while still very young.
  • Acquired by the Sorceresses Lodge and raised to be a Witcher.
  • Conor is 'first generation' of the new breed of Witchers, among the first boys to survive the Trial of Grasses.
  • Has traveled significantly since completing his training and becoming a full Witcher, prefers to be at Kaer Morhen when possible however.
  • His successes in dealing with the various breeds of Vampire (such as the Alp, Bruxae and of course the Ekimmara) has earned him the reputation as the resident expert in dealing with them.

Relationships/Connections:
  • Relationships Open
  • Relationships Open
  • Relationships Open

Additional Details:
  • Conor's weapon of choice (once earned) will be Aerondight, currently he fights with steel & silver sword crafted in the style of the Griffin school.
  • He favours heavy armour, using a suit of Undvik armour
  • Consumes the Werewolf decoction
  • He rides a black mare named 'Empress.'
  • He plays a Nilfgaardian Gwent deck.

Primarch

@Neithriel, Rohna looks good! Only thing I'll say is that the Lodge is a gathering of 'the best of the best' Sorceresses. Though she could have been trained at a Magical Academy such as Ban Ard? Then once her talent became clear she was recruited into the Lodge?

Neithriel

That works I"ll get that rewritten as I said I am still kind of reading and learning only played a bit of witcher 3...a small bit...so do feel free to offer a bit of help as needed!

Carly

what sort of spells can sorceress cast ?

Do we have a set of 10 or less and can have 3 mastered, 3 adapt, 3 novice effects or something ?

Primarch

Magic in the Witcher generally seems to be pretty versatile (magic bolts, erasing memory, opening long distance portals, removing/changing clothing, manipulating dreams/necromancy for instance), especially for high level Sorceresses and as it is a freeform game I don't want to pin you down onto anything too strict. Use the 'specialties' to give an idea of her area of expertise. But generally speaking be reasonable, don't use it to utterly warp reality on a whim or solve every and any problem by pulling out *just the right spell,* show signs of fatigue after using magic and we'll be fine.