News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder Kingdom Building (interest check)

Started by Autocad, July 04, 2016, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaeronea

Anyone got a link to data on the world setting in which this campaign will be set? I'm looking for data on nations, gods, etc. I'd be looking at playing a human or half-elf rogue with at least one level in the shadowdancer prestige class (or aspiring towards getting levels in that prestige class if he can't meet the minimum requirements at this level). Would the idea that taking levels in shadowdancer requires the character to be of a certain bloodline sought by an evil (or even good) conspiracy be possible for this world?

Tamhansen

it's pathfinder's core world golarion (spelling sic), specifically the northern parts of the river kingdoms, just south of Brevoy. As far as free materials go, I think this is the best bet. http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Golariopedia
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to play something like spymaster or maybe a councilor if there are still openings

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char is meant cover councilor spot but then again if I go for bard (negotiator) he would fit also as treasurer easily (or diplomat). Or spymaster.

Chaeronea

Quote from: Autocad on July 07, 2016, 01:23:22 PM
Okay so since some people have requested it, here is the setting.

The game starts in Kingmaker book 2. PCs are level 4 after having defeated the bandit leader Stag Lord and his motley band of ne'er-do-wells in the Greenbelt as their backstory. The swordlords of Rostland issue a charter to the PCs granting them permission to establish a colony in the Greenbelt as well as enough supplies to get them started.

A friend of mine loaned me his copy of the Golarion campaign setting, so I've managed to read about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms. I can't find out much about the Greenbelt - is that near the border of Brevoy and the northern River Kingdoms? If so,  is the charter we have been issued meant to form a buffer state against the River Kingdoms? Also, which of the human races mentioned in the campaign setting would be most common around Brevoy?

Finally, would I be able to discuss some character background ideas I have for my character with you by PM?

Tamhansen

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 08, 2016, 09:02:20 AM
A friend of mine loaned me his copy of the Golarion campaign setting, so I've managed to read about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms. I can't find out much about the Greenbelt - is that near the border of Brevoy and the northern River Kingdoms? If so,  is the charter we have been issued meant to form a buffer state against the River Kingdoms? Also, which of the human races mentioned in the campaign setting would be most common around Brevoy?

Finally, would I be able to discuss some character background ideas I have for my character with you by PM?

I hope Autocad is okay with me fielding these, well most of them.

The greenbelt is in the river kingdoms, exactly up against brevoy and the city of Restov , the area was never worked out except for what is mentioned in the kingmaker books as there were no plans to write a river kingdoms specific book, instead it became the focus of the world famous (cough) pathfinder MMO.

The charter we have been given is officially to bring peace and stability to the bandit ridden river kingdoms, there are other factors, but its best discussed with the gm how much you would know.

As for Ethnicities, most rostlanders (southern Brevoy) would be considered Taldan, the generic humans. Issians are mostly Taldan, but have a large Ulfen element in their nobility as the Iobarans were Ulfen.

ons and offs

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 08, 2016, 08:40:48 AM
Well, my char is meant cover councilor spot but then again if I go for bard (negotiator) he would fit also as treasurer easily (or diplomat). Or spymaster.

Of course I could be a simple 'alchemist' or 'magician' :bows: Got to think up a concept first.. Tempted to try an make some version of Rhea from our old RPOL game..she'd definitely be a spymaster type.

Or see if I can adapt my old Shattered star character as a concept.. being trapped in the cloned body of a runelord sounds like a good excuse to leave town..and emigrate to the River Kingdoms where everyone hides.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Rhea would definately fit as spymaster sort or diplomat :). Albeit no fey'ri at Golarion but there are tieflings.

Chaeronea

If Callie's hooked on playing our spymaster I could play a character for another role. Zaer, what other roles are still available?

Tamhansen

Ruler =  Tam
Councilor = -Zhaer
General =
Diplomat = Chulanowa
High Priest =
Magister = Jaded
Marshal =
Spymaster = Chaeronea
Treasurer = Soveliss
Warden = National acrobat

This was what I had last, from Autocad's posts.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, General would be needed if want reduce loyalty penalty or high priest to avoid unrest happening. High priest can be any divine caster (cleric, druid, oracle, warpriest).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 08, 2016, 11:28:17 AM
If Callie's hooked on playing our spymaster I could play a character for another role. Zaer, what other roles are still available?

Nah, you were there first.. I can figure up something..or just lurk and watch. :D

Jaded

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 08, 2016, 03:15:46 AM
It's up to you, Jaded. I don't see any reason to say no, though the character could just as easily be magister, penalties are the same either way, but if you feel Marshal is a better fit, I for one have no issues.

It is more for thematic reasons.  How I am envisioning the character. 

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 08, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Magister = Jaded
Marshal =
Warden = National acrobat

So National Acrobat is going Warden?  If so may switch to Marshal unless AutoCAD has an issue with it?

National Acrobat

Soveliss

Okay, so Autocad accepted my witch's background, so I'm asking if anyone wants to have been the adventuring companions of a shy witch with support and healing powers, the kind who has a support role and is mostly forgotten about by those who weren't involved in heroics because her role isn't as flashy as the ones throwing fireballs or cutting a path through enemies with a two handed sword or whatever. Since she is basically support, she can't adventure on her own, and her background has her going on adventures before the campaign started.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

National Acrobat

Quote from: Soveliss on July 09, 2016, 05:41:40 AM
Okay, so Autocad accepted my witch's background, so I'm asking if anyone wants to have been the adventuring companions of a shy witch with support and healing powers, the kind who has a support role and is mostly forgotten about by those who weren't involved in heroics because her role isn't as flashy as the ones throwing fireballs or cutting a path through enemies with a two handed sword or whatever. Since she is basically support, she can't adventure on her own, and her background has her going on adventures before the campaign started.

I might be interested in that. Sounds like some of the cavaliers teamwork feats would be good for protecting such a character.

Autocad

Here's the current list I've got so far. Assuming this is the roster we're working with, I'm open to the General and Royal Enforcer roles being doubled up with Marshal and Warden, respectively. Also, the High Priest and Magister roles can be filled by NPCs.

Ruler: Tamhansen

The Royal Council of Insertkingdomnamehere

Councilor: Zaer Darkwail
Grand Diplomat: Chulanowa
Field Marshal (combined Marshal and General in charge of border patrols and militia): Jaded
Spymaster: Chaeronea
Treasurer: Soveliss
Commander of the Watch (combined Warden and Royal Enforcer in charge of city watches): National Acrobat
High Priest: NPC
Magister: NPC

As per the rules, each turn takes 1 month, and I'm thinking it'll go something like this at the monthly Royal Council Meeting. To keep things interesting I have divided up duties among different default roles. The Ruler can change them as he sees fit.

Upkeep Phase

Step 1—Determine Kingdom Stability: The Ruler makes the Stability check
Step 2—Pay Consumption
Step 3—Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: not needed until you have magic item creation buildings
Step 4—Modify Unrest: The Ruler makes the Loyalty check (optional)

Edict Phase

Step 1—Assign Leadership: usually not needed unless someone is fired or incapacitated
Step 2/3—Claim and Abandon Hexes: The Field Marshal is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Field Marshal. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Field Marshal is ordering what they want.
Step 4—Build Terrain Improvements: The Field Marshal is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Field Marshal. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Field Marshal is ordering what they want.
Step 5—Create and Improve Settlements: The Commander of the Watch is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Commander of the Watch. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Commander of the Watch is ordering what they want.
Step 6—Create Army Units: not needed until you have cause to raise armies
Step 7—Issue Edicts: The Councilor is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Councilor. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Councilor is ordering what they want.

(The Ruler is too busy to run day-to-day operations himself and so must delegate the above steps to members of the Royal Council. He does have the power to fire and appoint new people in charge if they aren't listening to him though.)

Income Phase

Step 1—Make Withdrawals from the Treasury
Step 2—Make Deposits to the Treasury
Step 3—Sell Expensive Items for BP
Step 4—Collect Taxes: The Treasurer makes the Economy check in a PM to me the GM, privately. The Treasurer also reports the result to everyone else, publicly. Presumably both private and public numbers are the same... or there's some embezzlement going on... how much do you trust the Treasurer?  >:)

Event Phase

The Grand Diplomat and Spymaster haven't had much to do during the previous phases, but the events will give them more to do.

Dilaculo

I could throw in a Magister, if you're amenable to more players? An Arcanist, probably. Been wanting to try one out.

Callie Del Noire

Don't suppose anyone needs an assistant or deputy?

Chaeronea

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 09, 2016, 10:16:23 AM
Don't suppose anyone needs an assistant or deputy?

Callie, if you want to play Spymaster I could settle for playing your deputy or 2IC. I'm working on a rogue with eventual shadowdancer levels, but if you want to work on more of the big picture stuff I'd be okay with that.

Autocad, could something like this work?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 09, 2016, 11:10:18 AM
Callie, if you want to play Spymaster I could settle for playing your deputy or 2IC. I'm working on a rogue with eventual shadowdancer levels, but if you want to work on more of the big picture stuff I'd be okay with that.

Autocad, could something like this work?

I'm leaning arcane trickster with creation feats, definite a 'q' type

Chaeronea

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 09, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
I'm leaning arcane trickster with creation feats, definite a 'q' type

That plus the support-centred witch character that Soveliss is playing means we've already got some pretty good support options so far.

Callie Del Noire

I even got the wrist crossbow launcher with bolts and looking at spells like MW transformation

Jaded

Autocad