Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"It would be...ill-advised," Shi-ran replied. "The journey will not be safe for a few hours yet."

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

""Simply that I would not risk leaving here yet, I will tell you when it is ready."

Lady Temptress

" Well, what do we do in the mean time?" Hannah asks with an annoyingly tired tone of voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Visit the crystal garden," the ogre replied. "It is a place unlike any you're likely to see, and I suspect it's the only chance to see it you'll ever get."

Lady Temptress

" Alright, we can go there and may we get some food there too? I'm hungry and so is my unborn." She says patting her belly and grinning at them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Indeed," the ogre nodded. "I will take you there but then I will leave you in the capable hands of the creatures who live there."

Lady Temptress

" Alright and thank you." Hannah said to the ogre and she stays at Jake's side while they wait for the creatures to take them to theor next desnation.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Having walked across the strange landscape outside the fortress they found themselves suddenly on the edge of an immense forest. But unlike an ordinary forest this one's trees seemed to be hung with bright lights, which also seemed to litter the ground. "Be careful and stay on the paths," the ogre said. "It is a very easy place to get lost in."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she keeps walking with Jake as they continue upon their journey.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

What at first looked like a sunbeam crossed the path ahead of them, which suddenly formed into a tall, humanoid, male figure. He was dressed in an elaborate robe with a sword buckled at his belt. "Who enters the forest of the sleeping?" the figure asked.

Lady Temptress

Hannah haults her steps and she places the palms of her hands on her very large 9 month pregnant belly . She stands next to Jake and the girl keeps queit to let Jake answer.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"My name is Jake, this is Hannah," he said nervously. "We were sent from the fortress, they said you can look after us."

"I sense....something," the figure said, pausing for a moment. "You may pass, follow this path till you reach the clearing, you will find what you want there."

Lady Temptress

Hannah listens as Jake gives the introductions and she smiles tiredly, warmly. " Thank you for your kindness and for allowing us access." She the leaves with Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They finally reached the clearing which was filled with more of the strange lights, but no other life seemed to be within it. Suddenly a table appeared at its centre, with plates and cutlery. "Simply think what you wish to eat and it will be provided," said a voice which seemed to come from somewhere nearby but without an obvious source.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head with a tired smile at her lips and she sits down at the table with Jake. She wishes up for a chocolate shake and a chicken salad. It then appears in front her and a smirk plays at her lips. She watches to see what Jake will wish for his meal.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake sat down, a large roast dinner and bowl of ice cream appearing in front of him, along with a glass of sparkling water. He took a sip, glad to find it tasted exactly as he expected. "Can I ask something?" he called out, unsure which direction to look for the source of the voice. "Those in the fortress called this the crystal garden, the creature we met on the path called this the forest of the sleeping. What exactly is this place?"

"I am not sure it's true nature is something you could comprehend," the voice replied. "It is said that this is where the souls of all those to have died throughout history. I and my kin...tend this place. However unless you have seen death for yourself it will simply appear as a crystal formation, those who have see the forest."

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply sits there and she eats her meal while Jake speaks to whomever their new host / or hostess is.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Then are you someone who died?" Jake asked, letting out a slightly embarrassed laugh as he realised how odd his question sounded, eating some of his chicken.

"I am..." the voice paused for a moment. "I am what your kind would probably call an angel, but that wouldn't even begin to describe what my kind are. We are not the dead, simply those who guide the dead or dying to their final resting place."

Lady Temptress

" If you guide people to their final place of resting, are you saying that we died?" Hannah is totally confused now and she just wants to go home.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"No," the voice replied. "You would see this place's true appearance if you were. This is simply an...image to reassure the few living souls who come here."

Lady Temptress

" Oh I see, thanks for explaining." Hannah says as she waits for the journey to continue. Then she screams at water between her legs. "M...y wa..ter broke! I'm in la..bor J...ake!" She groans and whimpers at contractions and holding her belly. " He...lp me...!"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Leave this to me," the figure said. "You are needed back at the fortress. She is in safe hands I promise." Jake nodded, vanishing back into the jungle

Lady Temptress

Hannah groans with a shake of her head and a groaning grumble. " Oh what am I here for then? Am I not needed? You don't even care I'm in labor with our son!" She growls angrilly at Jake and the voice. She got up and on her knees as the contractions get closer and closer.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

A figure suddenly appeared beside her, resting a hand on her shoulder. It appeared to be female but was almost transparent. "There is something...wrong with your pregnancy. You are experiencing labor pains but I can sense no evidence you were ever pregnant. This shouldn't be possible, unless-"

"It's the effects of being here," the ogre said, entering the clearing, Jake behind her. "I am sorry Hannah but these pains are real but they are not what you think. I can ease them for you if you wish though."

Lady Temptress

" That's crap! I know I'm pregnant and I felt the baby kicking and moving! I hate this place and I'm sick of this journey! I want to go home!" She has had enough and now they tell her she isn't even pregnant? What the hell? Their all insane and she is beginning to wonder if Jake is nuts as well. She the faints from the labor pains.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't understand," Jake said. "What do you..." his face fell as he realised. "Merlin, it's not just his adult self that was an anomaly was it?"

"If she was within the timestream it would've corrected itself," the ogre replied. "Instead we have labour without a baby."

"So we take her out of here," Jake said. "Get her back into the timestream, it'll fix itself."

"I can't guarantee it'll work Jake," the ogre replied. "We have left it long enough I fear she may not survive long enough to make it back into the timestream. There is a...way, but it is risky."

"If you're right every way is risky, just tell me."