Peculiar Love

Started by ZK, March 20, 2008, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hey all, I want to do something a little more traditional and a big turn on to me. Now it won't be a sex-fest outright, but more of an emotional thing.

I want to do an one on one set in the FF12/Tactics universe. Between a Rava Viera (dark skinned ones like Fran for example) and a Hume.

A basic heterosexual game in retrospect, I just want to do something different in terms of romance. ^.^ I'll be playing the Viera of course.

If anyone is up for a slow, steady game that is.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

DreadD

Hrm, a dark skinned viera and a regular human, following a theme of romance and such?  I could sign up for that, what else did you have in mind as the backdrop for their romancing?

ZK

The usual fair of peculiarity. Although it is more commonplace for a Viera to mate with a species not of her own more often then it is with one that is, after all, Viera are long lived and tend to outlive their Hume mates. But, it'll follow the general course of romance. Perhaps they met on a mission/hunt. Perhaps she was hurt in the forest/jungle/whatever and he came to the rescue, or it could be the other way around.

The possibilities are endless. The only true facts would be this, it's between a Viera and a Hume. It's romantic in overtone based on the further interactions and a pivotal event is what drove the two together on reliance that will perhaps blossom into love.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

DreadD

Hrm, very well.

Perhaps, say, they both were members of small fighting forces hired for a particular combat, and got seperated from their peers.  While looking for their companions they found each other, and, having been from the same side, worked together to find their respective groups, though this caused them to spend a day or more in close contact with each other, they have found that both are relatively proficient, professional indeviduals and have formed a working relationship, with undertones of something more.

Though that does bring about the question, who's steering the world on this?

ZK

I'd prefer them not to know each other or even seen each other in that regard. I would be controlling the scene setting as the things go on. But there is one thing, the Viera is accustomed to Hume life, so she has been outcasted from her village (whichever that one is, there is more then one village in Ivalice after all. ^.^)

DreadD

So... Where did you want to start this?  At the point of them meeting, I presume?  And you don't want a business relationship, got it...  Hrm.  Well, I suppose I'll leave the occurance of their meeting up to your preferances then.

ZK

I like elements of surprise and chaos added into it as a touch, it'll be more realistic that way.

DreadD

Okay, I can roll with that, what do we need to figure out before things are ready, then?

ZK

I guess character description, local and background.

DreadD

Verrry well, should skill sets be roughly based on the jobs of tactics, or is combat prowess not required for the envisioned scenario?

ZK

It's whatever you want. But going by the non-job FF12 system if you want to get some crunch in with it.

DreadD

Crunch with it?  My apologies, I'm not familiar with that particular turn of phrase.

ZK

An usual term when you want something with statistics. Usually used for video-games and pencil and paper games.

It's shortened for number crunch, detail crunch and so on.

In other words, the meat of the product. ^.^

DreadD

Oh, in that sense...  Okay, I follow, never seen it used that way before.  Due to your particular use of words, I suspect that you WOULD want that in the game?

ZK

No, not at all really. Doesn't really do anything to the story.

DreadD

Oh, very well then.  Just something about the way you called it "the meat" made me think you thought it was an important part of the RP.  Well, let me think, he could be a wandering engineer, moderately proficient with a sidearm.  He earns traveling money and such by doin repairs, maybe a little merc work on the side.  Average height, roughtly trimmed brown hair, green eyes, and a constant stubble as he can't keep cleanly shaved with his travels.

That sound any good?