L.O.V.E. Bomb (Gauging Interest)

Started by Inerrant Lust, March 24, 2016, 10:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Another thing, the whole introduction/pitch is still subject to change. The attack might not be in NYC, might not be at a football game, and it might not even be an attack.

Hell, it might not even be a 'terrorist' organization.

The possibility of supernatural origins for the 'event' that causes everyone to go at it isn't off the table, either...

I really gotta think on it. :P

MistressofPen

So many ways to turn it.   Very interesting idea.  If roles are still available, I'd like to have a shot.
Name:  Jamie Jameson
Position: FBI Special Agent
Organization:  FBI
Experience:  3 years FBI, 5 years NYPD
Qualities:  Languages (German/French/Russian/Italian), Hand-to-hand combat, Firearms.  Not great at working with partners.
Biography:  Air Force brat, moved all over in her formative years.  Left to her own devices, she chose to learn languages so she could know what was being said around her.  The desire to know what was going on never left her.  She considered a military career, but opted for law enforcement because there were less restrictions.  She puttered about in high school and college with the sciences and discovered she didn't have a knack for such precision.  However, codes and ciphers were her thing; she's able to see patterns others miss.  Her bad attitude towards authority nearly got her shit-canned, but she managed to make nice when needed and it helped that her scores were top notch.  She started her career in the NYPD often used in decoy work to start.  A few good busts and she moved ahead.  When an offer came to the precinct for her to attend the FBI special academy for peace officers across the country, she was sent and represented the City well.  So well, she was recruited and found her niche with the FBI.  She still has trouble working with a partner.  But, she was getting better about it; she hardly ever wanted to shoot them anymore.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

TheFourthShade

I'd operate on the assumption that they are still recruiting until proven otherwise.
---------

Name:  John Jackson
Position:  'Civilian Contractor'; has managed to successfully lie or beg his way into the program
Organization:  Private
Experience:  Four Years College, Many Weekends at the Gun Range, Lots of Nature Walks
Qualities:  Good at operating a revolver by civilian standards, Understands Deer Body Language, Can Balance a Budget, Understands the Meaning of the phrase '¿Dónde está el baño?' and other basic Spanish.  Able to live off the land.

Biography:  An everyman who is down on his luck after the local park employing him cut the 'Ranger' position to save money.  John has led a mostly ordinary life and has managed to make about the same number of mistakes as most twenty three year olds do.   Of course, now that he's unemployed, he's not afraid of lying on an employment application.

Inerrant Lust

So the game might start off more subtle. The big 'attack' described in the intro might not be backstory but something that happens a little further down the line and the team is given a chance to anticipate or respond to it.

For the general tone and structure... imagine a bit of a mystery/manhunt. The task force will be given a number of leads and you guys go out and chase them. Interviewing witnesses, investigating crime scenes, raiding safehouses, general detective stuff. Everyone will probably go out with a partner, and I'll try to mix it up so that people partner swap. IE; The chemist and the field agent go together to investigate a chemical plant in one scene... then the field agent teams up with a behavioral analyst to interview witnesses while the chemist works with a tech geek guy to figure out how the LOVE bomb is weaponized.

So the ideal number of players might be 4-6.

So far we have;
Eoghain mcGleeson, Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (Tamhansen)
Rose d'Lion, GIGN Special Operative (ShadowFox89)
Jamie Jameson, FBI Special Agent (MistressofPen)
John Jackson, Civillian Contractor (TheFourthShade)

So we have two investigative types, a door-kicker and... whatever it is John would do.  ::) I'll probably not end up using that earlier idea of mine, given how similar it is to Jamie. Though, I can say from experience that I'm kind of apprehensive about any group game that includes a character whose traits include 'doesn't work well with others.' :P

If you're still interested, Sirian, the scientist niche has yet to be filled.

Other ideas that I can work with...

Nerd labrat. Either a chemist or tech geek, the one prattling away on the keyboard inbetween shots of Jack Bauer shooting dudes. Usually found in the lab doing forensic analysis, but would occasionally go on-site to do field work.

The Informant. Someone who knows something about LOVE from the inside. Probably not a member, but knows some people who are. Hard to say what they'd be at this moment, since LOVE could be a cult, terrorist organization, or a front for something else. If this interests anyone, we can brainstorm ideas about it in PMs. I'm getting project mayhem/fight club vibes though.

The regular. Maybe a cop that was working on this case long before it ever went public. The FBI wants to come in and take over, throwing around jurisdiction... but they're not so willing to give up yet. They've accumulated months or years' worth of evidence and demands to be part of the effort.

I have other ideas, like an administrator type that deals with internal stuff- spokesman/woman stuff or dealing with government and the like... but that sounds boring to play and might be better suited for an NPC.

MistressofPen

Not to be a suckup or anything, but the new ideas make it even more intriguing. 

And, Jamie is getting better about partnerships....  (geeze)  That being said, you can decline the character; it's your story and I sure wouldn't hold it against you. 

My thinking was that she'd be even more appalled than the average person when/if she came around in a tangle of naked bodies.  Something to sink the literary teeth into, you know? Perhaps it makes her less standoffish...or, a little jittery...  who knows.  Until it filters out of the cranium, down through the fingertips even I don't know what my characters are going to do or say. :-/

If there are too many field ops, or Jamie just doesn't suit, I could create a lab rat/forensic person a la NCIS's Abby.

ShadowFox89

Working with Inerrant on Rose's past a bit. Anyone want to have some sort of history with her?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

I may or may not be suggesting something more serious in the future.

Inari

I am not usually one for using real pictures, but this has caught my interest. Mostly because of the themes this will be exploring. (Crime, Deviance, Horror, Psychological stuff)

So far (from what I have read) L.O.V.E seems to be nihilistic in their tendencies.

Inerrant Lust

Renders or photorealistic art is fine too.

I just want to maintain a tone of modern realism... or something approximate. :P

Inari

Fair enough. Would it be ok if a criminal psychologist was involved?

Inerrant Lust

Inari

Awesomeness, I'll get to work on a profile using this if it is ok:

MistressofPen

If they got into the Vatican and released the first dose, it could have far-reaching consequences.

MistressofPen

Quote from: Starcry on March 31, 2016, 11:45:44 AM
Imagine all that kinky spanking going on...
LMAO.

Too many jokes come to mind.

Inerrant Lust

Judging from the characters we got so far, this looks like an FBI kinda thing, with a little outside help.

Sexy men and women in suits suits me just fine. :P

Inari

Judging from the drama at my home I don't think it would be fair if I joined because I would just slow you all down. I will be watching how this goes because it is really interesting. :)

Inerrant Lust

Ah, sorry to hear that, Starcry. I hope everything settles down for you nontheless.

Well, is that everyone who is interested? We still have a few people interested who haven't posted character sheets yet...

Inerrant Lust

How about Friday for a deadline on character sheets? I'll pick the characters I think will work best and post the first IC and OOC post on Friday-ish.

MistressofPen

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on April 04, 2016, 08:42:51 PM
How about Friday for a deadline on character sheets? I'll pick the characters I think will work best and post the first IC and OOC post on Friday-ish.

Sounds good.

Inerrant Lust

Random idea for that NPC agent I may or may not play... she got a big break in her career when a whole squad in a major gang turned informant under her supervision, leading to a big drug bust. In truth she'd been sexually involved with a number of them, possibly at the same time. Sure, there may have also been favors and legal promises thrown in there... and maybe a 'friendly' warning about actually arresting them should they go public with their relationship with her. Though of course... the sex is great.

Inerrant Lust

Hmmm. Don't know if there's enough interest for this to really be viable as a group game, so I don't think I'll run this after all.