What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 06:03:17 PM
I use ForcePush + Shock

But that still doesn't kill them faster than a gun or the sword. D:
Vortex plus whatever usually takes them down. Fireball/ice is another good one. Force push has always been kind of lame as far as damage goes. Now knockdown for a ground kill it's awesome.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Hmm...vortex+Ice shard? But then again, I like FP + S, cause it blasts them with bolts from above either knock them down or shock the hell out of them..OR BOTH! :D

Brandon

Well I had to take fallout back and wait for my copy to arrive so I picked up the new castlevania for next weeks review. Much like other 3D castevania's this is just a piece of crap. The 2D style castevania's have always been a joy to play and while the 3D one Lamment of innocence was interesting I find this one is just an experience in annoyance.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on October 28, 2010, 06:13:46 PM
Well I had to take fallout back and wait for my copy to arrive so I picked up the new castlevania for next weeks review. Much like other 3D castevania's this is just a piece of crap. The 2D style castevania's have always been a joy to play and while the 3D one Lamment of innocence was interesting I find this one is just an experience in annoyance.
Castlevania lost it for me when it started ripping off Metroid's map design and game play. Which is pretty early...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

So what do you think, guys..should I get into Guild Wars, or should I just wait for GW2? I plan to pick up GW2 when it comes out (Whenever that is. O-o)

Brandon

If you plan to pick up GW2 when it comes out then i would say save yourself some money and wait for it. Of course if there is some reason that you just have to play GW1 then I guess go ahead but if not I dont see any reason to get it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

cirdanf

Would anyone reccommend Dragon Age origins? :D
www.f-list.net/c/cirdan

Check for nice insight :)

Brandon

Absolutely, its made by Bioware and anything they make has been awesome so far. One of the few companies I buy anything from without renting first. Its especially fun if you like story driven fantasy adventure similar to how the standard D&D game is run these days

cirdanf

I see! Thanks! I might grab  one from a friend before getting it
www.f-list.net/c/cirdan

Sabby

Castlevania, Metroid, and Ghostbusters are just reminders of how powerful nostalgia are... I tried the older Metroid and Castlevania games and was bored out of my hair >.< Same with watching Ghostbusters. I really can't understand the ironclad fandom for those games. If you like it, that's fine, but the way people act, the games are absolutely flawless, capable of no wrong doing.

This is the curse of not having nostalgia... I just don't get it :/

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 28, 2010, 11:33:29 PM
Castlevania, Metroid, and Ghostbusters are just reminders of how powerful nostalgia are... I tried the older Metroid and Castlevania games and was bored out of my hair >.< Same with watching Ghostbusters. I really can't understand the ironclad fandom for those games. If you like it, that's fine, but the way people act, the games are absolutely flawless, capable of no wrong doing.

This is the curse of not having nostalgia... I just don't get it :/

Except SOTN.

SOTN will always be classic, Nostalgia or no.

Nyarly

Quote from: Inkidu on October 28, 2010, 06:17:32 PM
Castlevania lost it for me when it started ripping off Metroid's map design and game play. Which is pretty early...
Funny. That's when Castlevania got really interesting for me. Although I wouldn't say that Castlevania 2 (which had a similiar gameplay) is my favorite NES Castlevania (that honor would go to the third game).

So far, I've never played a 3D Castlevania, though.

Wolfy

Sheesh..these new 'gamers', don't even know what Super Mario Bros is....it's a tragedy, I tells ya! A TRAGEDY! D:

cirdanf

Easy mode gamers :)

I remember not having save games. That actually rocked.
www.f-list.net/c/cirdan

Sabby

Wolfy

Man, I am so tempted to get the Overlord pack from Steam...Includes Overlord, The expansion Overlord: Raising Hell, and Overlord 2, all for $7.50. D:

Wolfy

O_o...I had no idea that the PC version of L4D2 got free updates and content. D:...Now I feel silly for paying for them on the 360. T_T

Wolfy

Hmm...Bioshock...

O-o..The sound stopped working when I started the game up...at least, I think so..there should be sound at the beginning, shouldn't there?...

All my other games seem to work fine..just Bioshock. O-o

Tonalberry

I've been playing some of Fable 3, got it Tuesday.  Man, some of the flourishes you can pull off.  I was all O.O the first time I saw my guy do a back flip onto a bandit's shoulders and snap his neck.

Inkidu

Nostalgia is a powerful force. It's why old people buy classic music; it's why people buy lunchboxes of the Lone Ranger for hundreds of dollars. It has an emotional, memorable attachment to the persons inner psyche. That being said I don't like Castlevania from a point of nostalgia. I liked it because it was like a dark Super Mario Bros. and for some reason that worked for me, but I think Metroid is rather dark enough and doesn't need to be ripped off.

What is so funny about the video game industry is it's a microcosm of a movement. Instead of having say the realist movement and naturalism in literature over half a century video games has undergone a myriad of changes in a fraction of the normal cyclical time span of any other genre, or medium for that matter. I've found very distinct era's in gaming. Think about it. Atari was like cavemen with stick figures. Nintendo, then 16 bit was like early societal man, then early 3D and your right into the medieval, now we have realism. This is not just graphical but mechanical as well and that's why we have all this debate over new and old. Older generations weren't meant to live that long in a traditional movement so you have above average grinding and friction as new ideas become the norm.

Just had to get that out. Fabe 3 rocks! Still pissed at New Vegas. We aren't talking, it sleeps on the couch.

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on October 29, 2010, 12:17:13 AM
Sheesh..these new 'gamers', don't even know what Super Mario Bros is....it's a tragedy, I tells ya! A TRAGEDY! D:

Its a blessing if you ask me, Mario should have been put down old yeller style years ago. Just like Sonic

Anyway, with bioshock you might want to check your options to see if the audio got turned down. There should be audio like tones as you select things on the main menu

Inkidu

It's too basic to ever fail. All Mario games are basically platforming. If Sonic went back to that and added matter-destroying speeds and frame rates then it would return to its glory days but each Sonic game gets slower and slower. Sonic just  got too gimmicky. Mario Bros. does some gimmicky stuff but at the end of the day its run, jump, stomp, it the block, and end the stage.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 29, 2010, 07:42:05 PM
It's too basic to ever fail. All Mario games are basically platforming. If Sonic went back to that and added matter-destroying speeds and frame rates then it would return to its glory days but each Sonic game gets slower and slower. Sonic just  got too gimmicky. Mario Bros. does some gimmicky stuff but at the end of the day its run, jump, stomp, it the block, and end the stage.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Answers all your hopes and dreams. :D

And as for bioshock..actually, the sound was skipping for some reason...like pausing and jumping. Then when it got to where I swim to the lighthouse, the sound just stopped entirely. O-o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 29, 2010, 07:43:47 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Answers all your hopes and dreams. :D

And as for bioshock..actually, the sound was skipping for some reason...like pausing and jumping. Then when it got to where I swim to the lighthouse, the sound just stopped entirely. O-o
Yeah, I mean even in 3D it would be good. Not just a return to what worked. I mean what worked in a new setting. If they made it like F-Zero GX it would be awesome.

Sabby

Hey, Sonic Unleashed had some promising levels in it. The Egg Beetle boss fight was EXACTLY what a 3D Sonic game should be. If they had made an entire game with the quality of that single level, then you'd have the perfect Sonic game.

But no, they needed the Werehog >.<