People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals Kill Rate

Started by LtRipley, July 12, 2013, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Considering how many cleaning products involve toxicity testing somewhere along the line, I'd hate to see the condition of her house.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sel Nar

LtRipley

While I'm not for animal testing in general, I realize that at times, it's a necessary evil.

I have a very good friend who lives in Calgary, Canada, and they have the Calgary Stampede there every summer. It's basically the biggest rodeo in North America, I was lucky enough to go last year. Every year they have PETA protestors trying to make things difficult, making it out like the bulls and horses are being tortured, and not just the broncs but the privately owned horses that are ridden in like barrel racing and reining and the like. Uh. The bulls and broncs owned by big rodeos like this are treated like ROYALTY. They get massages, regimented diets of organic foods, heated and cooled stalls, and when they're not being ridden and having to work, are very well-behaved and actually love people. PETA doesn't care about the smaller rodeo where actual abuse takes place, because protesting those don't get them any attention. They don't care about actually helping animals, just getting the media to put a camera on them.

Deamonbane

Sounds like a politically based organization, if you ask me...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 16, 2013, 03:50:38 PM
Sounds like a politically based organization, if you ask me...

That about sums up the current incarnation.  I think way back in the early days of their creation they might have had a reasonable brain cell in there somewhere.  Today - not so much.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

WindVoyager

PETA used to do good when it first started but now its all a bunch of loonies and the like that use shock tactics and attack everyone for the littlest things. Some of their employes were caught dumping the bodies of dead dogs and cats they killed in dumpsters, the dogs and cats people surrendered to them believing they would be adopted out and instead they were all killed. Because PETA nutters believe pets are
slaves and are better off dead then owned

They are even against fishing of any sort. While Im against shark fishing and really do believe that commercial fisheries are doing a lot of damage and need to be heavily regulated, I still am going to fish. Its partly fun and partly for substance. But there are somethings even I agree with hem on, like the banning of de clawing and banning horse dawn carriages given all the injuries and deaths of both the horses and people.

Visit their home page sometime if you want a good laugh.

I heard this a while back and given the source of it I don't know if its true or not....the founder of PETA wants her remains to be cooked and served when she dies................

They have an income of about 42 million and most of it goes right into the pockets of the higher ups

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: WindVoyager on September 30, 2013, 03:14:44 AM
PETA used to do good when it first started but now its all a bunch of loonies and the like that use shock tactics and attack everyone for the littlest things. Some of their employes were caught dumping the bodies of dead dogs and cats they killed in dumpsters, the dogs and cats people surrendered to them believing they would be adopted out and instead they were all killed. Because PETA nutters believe pets are
slaves and are better off dead then owned

They are even against fishing of any sort. While Im against shark fishing and really do believe that commercial fisheries are doing a lot of damage and need to be heavily regulated, I still am going to fish. Its partly fun and partly for substance. But there are somethings even I agree with hem on, like the banning of de clawing and banning horse dawn carriages given all the injuries and deaths of both the horses and people.

Visit their home page sometime if you want a good laugh.

I heard this a while back and given the source of it I don't know if its true or not....the founder of PETA wants her remains to be cooked and served when she dies................

They have an income of about 42 million and most of it goes right into the pockets of the higher ups

Ohh.. yeah..

http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will.aspx

It's a nasty little bit of BS (to me)

Oniya

...  The utterly tasteless puns I could come up with...

And that's before delving into the 'Stranger in a Strange Land' references.

Kythia

Will the umbrella stands be available to buy?  One of those would go sweet in my front hall. Next to the lampshade made of human skin, near my necklace of ears. 

Oniya

I was going to riff on the similar sounds of the acronym and a certain pocket-shaped bread for starters.  ;D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on September 30, 2013, 01:05:25 PM
I was going to riff on the similar sounds of the acronym and a certain pocket-shaped bread for starters.  ;D

I pissed off one nut job.. 'People for Eating Tasty Animals'. But they were yelling at me for wearing a uniform made of worsted wool. (Sheep exploitation)

Oniya

That was actually a legit website for a while.  Had wild game recipes.  And wool-sheep need to be shorn, because they don't lose their coats when the weather warms up.  It can get pretty messy after a while

Florence

PETA hardly care, if a human touches an animal for any reason, we're causing them untold suffering :P
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Deamonbane

Quote from: WindVoyager on September 30, 2013, 03:14:44 AM
...and banning horse dawn carriages given all the injuries and deaths of both the horses and people.
Say what?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

DarklingAlice

Ah animal rights activists. Some days they make me smile.

I mean, when they aren't engaged in acts that are immoral, criminal, and/or otherwise disgusting.
We have a strong moral obligation to look out for animal welfare, and ironically the animal rights folks tend to forget that.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on September 30, 2013, 10:35:32 AM
...  The utterly tasteless puns I could come up with...

And that's before delving into the 'Stranger in a Strange Land' references.

Would the puns really be tasteless, or would they taste like pork? :D

Oniya

Kythia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2013, 10:20:23 PM
Would the puns really be tasteless, or would they taste like pork? :D

Puns: the other other white meat.

Skynet

Even some of the more passionate animal rights activists I know do not like PETA, for many of the reasons listed here.  I also think that their "sexy vegetables" marketing is very ineffective.  A lot of straight guys aren't going to give up their delicious meat just because they see almost-naked women fondling carrots.

WindVoyager

PETA is a bunch of nutters and the members brain wash their kids with all the PETA nonsense. They made some games that are rips offs of pokemon that feature animals being killed and like so they can' try to brianwash kiddies into thinking all fastfood joints are evil. They act like No Kills are the best thing since sliced bread and think all dogs can be saved.

Most no kills are limited intake and only take pets that are very adoptable and keep them in cages for months even years and won't put them  down even if the dog is mentally unstable from bang in a cage for too long. Some even hoard animals like that so called Pitt bull recuse that has hyper aggressive dogs they keep in cages and refuse to put them down.

persephone325

When I was younger (MUCH, much younger), I used to think that I was a bad person for eating meat because of PETA. I love animals so much, and I haven't been without a pet that I can ever remember. Our pets are spoiled rotten, and grow old and live happy lives. They tend to get fat and lazy, but hey; at least they have a nice warm, comfy bed to pass out on.

I thought that because I loved animals so much, that I shouldn't eat them because that required killing them. I've tried going vegan/vegetarian for a while, but I just can't. My doctor even said it wouldn't be a good idea for me to do that. So, I looked around on the internet and found that it's normal to love animals but eat meat.

Now, when people try to shove their "no-meat" lifestyle down my throat... That's when I have a problem.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oniya

PETA doesn't like people to have enslaved animals pets either. 

Of course, I think they're just denying cats their right to have the proper number of worshipers.

persephone325

Quote from: Oniya on October 17, 2013, 12:04:59 AM
PETA doesn't like people to have enslaved animals pets either. 

Of course, I think they're just denying cats their right to have the proper number of worshipers.

^^ I'm a cat worshiper, and I'm damn proud of it. Haha.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

WindVoyager

QuoteNow, when people try to shove their "no-meat" lifestyle down my throat... That's when I have a problem.

Ever notice a LOT of vegans and vegetarians look sickly and really pale? The have to heavily supplement their diets with vitemens and the like and eat far too much over processed fake meat and far too much over processed tofu. And don't forget fake cheese and everything else. Ever read the ingredients? Almost nothing natural in that stuff. I've even seen something called palo bread that had nothing natural in it, no grain, no yeast, no soy, no eggs, no nothing. It was all artificial ingredients.

Last I heard PETA was even against the eradication of feral animals like feral hogs and cats despite the fact feral cats are directly respoible for putting many species on the extent list and many more on the endangered list and feral hogs do a lot of damage to the environment and have attacked people

Retribution

Quote from: WindVoyager on October 17, 2013, 12:35:01 PM
Last I heard PETA was even against the eradication of feral animals like feral hogs and cats despite the fact feral cats are directly respoible for putting many species on the extent list and many more on the endangered list and feral hogs do a lot of damage to the environment and have attacked people

Another thing they are against is extended hunting of say snow geese that are extremely over populated and destroying their habitat http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-04-04/news/bs-ed-geese-20110404_1_snow-geese-snow-goose-brilliant-bodies

Or while I am on my soap box fur. Fur is politically incorrect and evil in the popular press. We also have an overpopulation of furbearers that are decimating other species http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/what-we-do/management.html  And then add to that real fur is also better for the environment than synthetic garments http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_green_lantern/2010/01/a_hairy_situation.html

So one is left to ask if letting a snow goose starve rather than hunting them is more cruel? Or is letting a rampant raccoon population decimate ground nesting birds before contracting distemper and spreading it to family pets and other wildlife more "kind" than taking a few pelts? Biology and animal life are all one big system. Effect one thing you effect another into infinity. A Hollywood type who joins PETA because they feel bad about having a lot of money is really not a very good source for reference on viable ecosystems. But if they feel bad they should feel free to give some of their money to me.

Thus ends my rant  :-)