Welcome To Keyhouse

Started by MzHyde, August 16, 2013, 09:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Things are going to get weird.

The year is 2020 and we still don't have flying cars and jetpacks. Funny how that works. The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same. Trends are cyclical and horror movies seemed to die out. What once were tense, thrilling rides filled with gore and suspense became campy gimmick-laden, CGI-filled cashgrabs designed to make money on opening day and then vanish into the ether. In the past, movies like Scream helped revitalize the genre, sparking new interest in horror. The cycle has started again and people have renewed interest in the gory, in the mysterious, in the supernatural. Television is once again rife with shows based around people hunting for signs of otherworldly happenings.

This brings us back to Keyhouse. Once owned by the Locke family, it has long since laid abandoned - yet it still looks like it hasn't aged a day since it was last occupied over five years ago. It is rumored to be full of ghosts, full of mystery, full of secret passages and Lovecraftian horrors. Fitting, that it should be located in Lovecraft, Massachusetts. TV shows and 'documentaries' the likes of Ghost Chasers (hosted by Ashton Kutcher), Paranormal P.I., Psychic Encounters, and Marconi The Mesmerist (later discovered to be a fraud, real name Stan Kneebauer, a retired plumber from New Jersey) have all attempted to plumb the depths of the mansion in search of psychic or paranormal activity. They found nothing.

Keyhouse was deemed utterly boring.

But you know better. You live in Lovecraft, Massachusetts. Rumors in highschool have long circulated that the magic in Keyhouse was only visible, tangible to those under the age of twenty. For some reason, Keyhouse doesn't want adults to know it's secrets. Once you stop being a teenager, you forget about the magic inside the stately home. The power locked away in Keyhouse are worth dying for.

Scattered about the inside of the home are rumored to be keys, keys that do more than just open mundane doors. Keys that turn you into a ghost. Keys that control shadows. Keys that make you giant. Keys that turn men into women, women into men, black into white, white to black. Keys that destroy. Keys that repair. There are rumored to be tens, perhaps hundreds of them. All thought to just be stories and superstition. Tales kids just tell each other for kicks. After all, no one who's gone in there has seen anything, right? The place is just locked up because it's an old, boarded up, gloomy mansion, right? Maybe.

Then again... maybe not.

You and three friends have decided that, before you graduate, you're going up to Keyhouse. You're going to hop the gate, walk up the twisting driveway and set foot inside the home. For an entire night. What secrets will you discover before the sun comes up? Will you have fun? Will it be terrifying? Were you aware that one of you is secretly a parasitic demon in disguise, looking to use Keyhouse for it's own twisted design? Time will tell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there is the premise in a nutshell. What I'm looking for are three people to play three of the friends. This is a freeform game. You'll be exploring Keyhouse at your liesure, discovering these magic keys and getting up to no good with them. What you do is really up to you. Oh, the bit with the demon? Yeah, that too. Once the cast list is full I'm going to PM someone at random to be the demon. Their goal will be to find the Omega Key, and use it to open up a portal to hell. They're probably going to try to murder everyone while staying under cover as long as possible, too. So sorry. Might want to watch out for that and be careful whom you trust. Of course, your characters aren't going to know right off that one of their pals is actually a soul-less husk being piloted by a parasitic creature from another dimension. It's sly like that. Gaining your trust, pretending to be something it's not, subtly influencing you all so it can get into Keyhouse and let demons swarm over the Earth. So, if there's any interest in a creepy, possibly sexy romp around an old mansion, I'll put up a character sheet.

Yukina

The idea seems interesting as it entails so man possibilities. I'd love to join.

Edit: if you like, I could recruit some other role players.

Caela

This sounds like it has the potential to be a lot of fun. Color me interested.

TheHangedOne

Count me both interested and impressed.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MzHyde

Sorry, 'Impressed' and 'Interested' are not official Crayola Colors. I have a lovely shade of blue though.

TheHangedOne

I like blue.  8-) Works for me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Hercinia

I'd be up for it, if there's any roles left...