The Tiger General's Rebellion [OOC]

Started by Caeli, March 17, 2010, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

General Wei, the infamous and coldly calculating Tiger General, points to the state of the Middle Kingdom and claims that the current Son of Heaven, Emperor Zhang, has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Entire companies in the military have joined his forces, certain that he will win and return order to China. The people who have suffered the most while drought and floods drag them farther into poverty have also joined him, believing that he will bring prosperity back to the Middle Kingdom.

Opinions in the Imperial Court vary. Some suggest a peaceful surrender and abdication in favor of General Wei; others have thrown their support behind the Emperor and call General Wei, previously a popular military figure, a traitor of the worst kind. Most of the Wei hardliners have long since abandoned their posts or were killed by the Wolves of the Wind to preserve order.

However, there are a few key individuals who have stayed behind, secret supporters of General Wei who plan to take matters into their own hands and speed up General Wei's claim to the throne.

Emperor of China, the Son of Heaven [NPC] - The Chinese emperor; has been poisoned by the royal twin who is secretly a Wei supporter. If the traitor prince(ss) is lynched, the loyal twin will gain immunity for one killing - i.e., if someone attempts to lynch him/her, (s)he will survive (by imperial decree); likewise, if the Wei assassins try to kill the loyal twin during the night, he/she will survive. This immunity lasts only once.

Wolves of the Wind [NPC] - Assassins who are loyal to one of the oldest advisors of the court. Shrouded in secrecy, it is this body who has been carrying out the assassinations of the Wei supporters and hardliners who still remained in the Imperial Court. Members of the Court themselves, they listen to gossip and dissent and kill those who are most highly suspected of being traitors.

General Wei, the Tiger General [NPC] - General Wei claims that the current emperor has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Determined not to let the people of the Middle Kingdom suffer any longer, he has started a rebellion that threatens to overturn the Zhang Dynasty. Most of his supporters have fled the Forbidden City (the imperial palace). Factions of the military have defected to General Wei, as have some of the poor who have been hardest hit by droughts and floods in their regions.

The Royal Twins - Incognito for their safety and to provide them both the chance to learn politics from the ground up. One is a loyal supporter of the Son of Heaven; the other has defected to the Wei camp.
  • Loyal Twin (1) - Once per game, the loyal twin can detect the guilt or innocence of one person that is about to be lynched. If the traitor twin is lynched, the loyal twin gains one immunity from a killing.
  • Traitor Twin (1) - One night per game, the traitor twin can spy out a single player's role during a night cycle, instead of attacking someone. During this night, the Wei spies cannot attack kill anyone.

Imperial Court (7) - They have the most to lose if the Wei faction succeeds in their coup d'état, for General Wei has made it clear that he intends to cleanse the entire upper ranks of the imperial hierarchy to regain Heaven's favor. The imperial court consists of influential concubines, as well as the wise advisors who run the bureaucratic workings of the country.
  • Special: Once per turn (day), the remaining members of the Court (including the Wei spies) can choose to lynch a suspected Wei spy from among themselves with a majority vote.
  • Goal: Root out the Wei supporters, and in doing so eliminate the last vestiges of Wei support within the Court.

Wei Spies (3) - There are a few Wei supporters still left in the Imperial Court, all of them skilled noblemen and titled officials who are not afraid to stain their swords with blood if it means cleansing the ranks of nobility and regaining the support of Heaven once again. Where they are, they can relay key information to General Wei, while cutting off the Emperor's support from underneath him.
  • Special: Once per turn (night), the Wei spies and the traitor twin can eliminate one member of the Imperial Court.
  • Goal: Kill all the key officials within the Court, including the Emperor and his most intelligent advisers.

The Dragon General (1) - A powerful military leader who is loyal to the Son of Heaven and directly opposes General Wei.
  • Special: The General can protect one other player from the Wei Spies once each night. He will never choose to protect himself because he is sworn to protect the weak. If the General is targeted by the Wei spies, s/he will die, but will also kill one attacker, chosen randomly, during the fight.

Minister of the Royal Archives (1) - The head of the royal archives is a low-paying but respectable position within the Court. He is relatively poor compared to the rest of the Court, but he is proud of his position and his knowledge.
  • Special: Once per night, this player can determine if a member of the Imperial Court is a Wei spy.

Minister of the Treasury (1) - The most respected and trusted member of the imperial bureaucracy is also the most feared, for it is this minister who may have the greatest amount of power in the Imperial Court.
  • Special: This player can determine the specific role of a member of the Imperial Court by bribing the emperor's favored concubine. Unlike the Minister of the Royal Archives, he can only do this once per game, as rumors of using imperial funds for his own ends could lead to his disgrace and beheading.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Caeli

Reminders
  • Deception, lying, and misleading is completely allowed in this game. Just remember that it isn't personal.
  • If you send a PM to anybody else in the game, you must CC me in the PM.
  • No information gathered outside of this game (PMs, IMs, etc.) may be quoted directly. However, you can repeat any information that you get in your own words as much as you like.
  • One 'turn' consists of a night (when the spies will choose one person to die) and a day (when players will argue and vote on one person to eliminate).
  • You cannot vote to eliminate yourself.
  • The Wei spies and traitor twin know who their comrades are, but nobody else in the Imperial Court knows who is who.
  • Unlike Val's other games, this game will not have a tiebreaking role. In the event of a tie, a re-vote for only those two players will happen. If there is still a tie, and nobody can be convinced to change their vote, the victim will be decided by a dice roll.
  • If you learn new information, are persuaded to switch, or receive a better bribe offer, you can change your vote until the last vote is tallied.

Players (15)

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Clothing

• Some examples of hanfu (Han Chinese clothing) can be found by watching [noembed]this clip from RED CLIFF[/noembed]. All three men are highly-respected advisers; the one in white is a military strategist, and the one in tan (playing the guqin) is also a military strategist and military general.
  • Most Han clothing is gender-neutral, the only difference being larger sleeves, such as worn by this female musician. Note that her outfit is a little more elaborate, and probably is not typical day wear (which is what actress Lin Chi-ling was wearing in the video above).
  • To get an idea of how else they might look, you can find more examples of female Han clothing and male Han clothing on this online shopping site for Chinese clothing.
  • No females existed in the government in any official capacity in ancient China. For the purposes of this game, they will. :-)

If you would like :)

The Chinese character for 'dragon'.
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63582.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e7/RotTG_dragon.png[/img][/url]

The Chinese character for 'sword'.
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63582.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/1d/RotTG_sword.png[/img][/url]

To float the characters to the left or right of your signature, put one set of the appropriate tags at the beginning and end of the lines above.

[float=left]<codes from above here>[/float]
[float=right]<codes from above here>[/float]

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Okay, set-up is complete. You are welcome to chatter. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

*looks around and plops herself down on one of the ornate pieces of furniture* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Caeli

* Caeli waves to Mith.

I'm excited. I've only ever run one of these in real life, so I'm interested to see how it's different over a forum. xD

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

*settles on the floor and sips her tea* I love all the neat info!

Very excited now!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Caeli

Thank you! :-) I can't wait until the game fills up and we can start.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

Mithlomwen

Nice to meet you.  :-)  And yes...thank you Caeli.   :-*
Baby, it's all I know,

Caeli

Aww. ;) It's my pleasure, very much so.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Quote from: Caeli on March 17, 2010, 05:39:08 PMPlayers (15)

• Valerian
  • Kurzyk
  • Saffron
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Imogen
  • LadySky
  • Xandi
  • Kyrsa
  • Mithlomwen
  • Iejir
  • Ryven
  • Stattick
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Remiel
  • aymelekT

I sent out a PM earlier today to confirm that those who had signed up in the interest thread were still interested. I'm going to wait about a day for responses to make sure that nobody is pulling out, but otherwise this is the final roster for TGR. ;D

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

ooo, i am number 13. its my lucky number!

And yes, thank you caeli!

LadySky

I'm adopting the role of court cocubine now!  ::)
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ryven

Autumn52

This is going to be lots of fun I am so excited....Thanks Caeli....

Hello to all I am looking forward to finding all you traitors and disposing of you...HEHE!!!!!(of course I would never be a traitor or at least no one will know if I am... right!!!!!)

Looking forward to the role assignments....

YAYS !!!!!!!

Hugs to all
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn Sativus

Hehe, it will be nice to participate in one of these!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Imogen

**waves to fellow loyals and traitors** Hey guys!

This looks gorgeous, Caeli, i can't wait to play!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Quote from: Saffron on March 18, 2010, 02:05:08 AM
Hehe, it will be nice to participate in one of these!
Dittos!   ;D  The Imperial Court is lovely this time of year.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Quote from: Caeli on March 17, 2010, 07:55:14 PM
I sent out a PM earlier today to confirm that those who had signed up in the interest thread were still interested. I'm going to wait about a day for responses to make sure that nobody is pulling out, but otherwise this is the final roster for TGR. ;D

I never pull out.  ;)
O/O   A/A

Beguile's Mistress

Hello, all.  I'm happy to be involved in this.  Of course, this is the first time for me so please be gentle.

I don't mind a nod, a nudge, a shove or even a poke if you think I need one. 

Stattick

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 18, 2010, 12:46:15 PM
Hello, all.  I'm happy to be involved in this.  Of course, this is the first time for me so please be gentle.

I don't mind a nod, a nudge, a shove or even a poke if you think I need one.

Ah, a virgin. Don't worry, we'll be gentle. *nods*
O/O   A/A

LadySky

*snickers and spews tea everywhere* Never pull out? Virgin? Ahhh yes, this shall be quite a lovely round!  ::)

Aiden

OHH man I a so sad I missed this game setting!

-follows game-

Kye

This is my first time as well.  I'm really excited, I can't wait for the assignments!   ;D

Stattick

Well, my mind resides in a place deeper and darker then a gutter. I just have to be careful to keep it clean enough so I don't get in trouble.  >:)
O/O   A/A

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

Blaed

My brain is there too, and I find myself wondering about sowing my mouth shut some times :P

Beguile's Mistress

Stattick

Has seen pics of things sewn shut. Things I can't mention on this side of the mirrorwall.
O/O   A/A

Blaed

Only fresh cuts and wounds should be sowed shut! Never anything else...

Caeli

And there!

Everybody should have been PMed their roles already; as you can see, you are welcome to get started now. :-) The current vote is for a lynch victim - for most of you, one whom you suspect to be a spy.

If you have any question whatsoever about your role in this game (or any of the others), please do not hesitate to PM me. I would be happy to answer what I can. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on March 18, 2010, 02:41:48 PM
Only fresh cuts and wounds should be sowed shut! Never anything else...

Psh... And you claim that your mind resides in a place deeper and darker then the gutter. You impress me not, young sir. *giggles*
O/O   A/A

Blaed

My mind does resided there, so much that it in fact scared me into thinking of thing being sowed shut that should not be... on me~! I think of things both ways, what cant happen to me, cant happen to them

:P

Kurzyk

I'm confused. Was I executed by voting or killed by assassins?

Autumn Sativus

I believe the assassins carry out the wishes of the voters.
Us against the world

Kurzyk

Oh...

Thought there'd be a more formal execution, then the assassins would be the work of the spies. But ok. :)

Ryven

The emperor has assassins of his own.

Kurzyk

*shrug* Im dead makes no difference to me.  :P

Autumn52

oops! hugs to Kurzyk....I am sorry...you can haunt me, I'm sure I will be next....lol
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Caeli

Put simply, the Wolves of the Wind are a band of assassins that are loyal to the emperor, and only to the emperor. They carry out the wishes of the voters, so Saffron was correct on that count. They are definitely not on the side of the Wei spies - the Wolves of the Wind are trying to kill the spies via the wishes of the members of the Imperial Court. :P

The Wei spies do their own dirty work. >>;

People who are killed by the Wei spies during the night segment will be noted with <dead, killed by Wei spies> in the list of players.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kurzyk

Oh!! Thank you Caeli that makes sense.  :-)

-haunts Xandi-  :-)

Autumn52

Thanks the Gods and Goddesses that Kurzyk is haunting me (been waiting for his attention)
Hehe

Kurzyk

Quote from: Xandi on March 20, 2010, 07:00:03 PM
Thanks the Gods and Goddesses that Kurzyk is haunting me (been waiting for his attention)
Hehe

*grins and winks*

Beguile's Mistress

*sighs*  It was fun while it lasted.  So, the spies thought I was a threat to them I suppose.  Since this was my first game of this sort I found it interesting and I'll keep watching to see how it plays out.  Good luck to the rest of the loyalists.  *sits back and watches the action*  :D

Blaed

Nuuuu!

Dam you would have to kill off her. Sigh, looks like i will just have to go start a riot or get myself killed :(

Jk jk.

Kurzyk

Welcome to the spirit world BegM. *grins*

Stattick

*is bleary eyed beyond belief... I had work yesterday night, studying yesterday, then the test, then work again. It's been almost 36 hrs since I've had sleep. Excuse my post if it's a little... um, wobbly*
O/O   A/A

Beguile's Mistress

@Najdan, Remiel & Kurzyk ~~ Thank you all. 
I would have loved to stay and play but Kurzyk and I will be seeing many of you survivors soon I think.
Good luck.

Mithlomwen

*hugs Beguiles*  You and Kurzyk can come haunt me any day.  :-) 
Baby, it's all I know,

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Iejir on March 23, 2010, 12:23:27 PM
-smiles and gives Beguile's Mistress a hug-  A warm hello to one of the ladies who posted in my introduction thread not to long ago.  Why did you go and die in the dark of night Beguile?!  Why!? =(.

But it was fun to have you playing regardless as it stands.  I look forward to more games with you in the future ;D

I'd have done things differently if I had the choice.  :P   But I do look forward to more games like this and hope we cross paths sometime in the future.

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 23, 2010, 12:28:25 PM
*hugs Beguiles*  You and Kurzyk can come haunt me any day.  :-) 

*gets out the chains and flowing robes and prepares to haunt Mith*

Autumn Sativus

((You have Kyrsa voting for both LadySky and Imogen, Caeli.))
Us against the world

Caeli

I was fixing it as you were posting, no worries. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kurzyk

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 23, 2010, 01:02:18 PM
*gets out the chains and flowing robes and prepares to haunt Mith*

*joins Beguiles*  >:)

Caeli

I'm going to be offing whoever has the most votes in a few hours, so if you wish to change your votes and whatnot, please make those changes before I do that. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

I just thought of Caeli being the boss of some mob, with her little gangsta hat, and a business suit. And her sitting in a chair that is far to big for her.

Its a good image.

Caeli

On second thought, because the votes have been changing so often, I think I'll wait until tomorrow to finalize the vote. >_> Have at it for another 12-16 hours, friends!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

:o

The voting's changed a lot since I last looked. Just... wow.
O/O   A/A

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

I apologize for the long wait, everyone. Since Kyrsa last logged in at a time before she was targeted, I wanted to give her a chance to see the changes before I followed through with the vote.

I must say, though, that this wild changing of votes amuses me to no end. >)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

*giggles and tries to imagine Caeli sitting there snickering at her computer screen*
Baby, it's all I know,

Autumn52

Glad I am not Caeli at this point........hold head and gets head ache

LadySky

*also holds head moaning with confusion* It is quite cool though!

Caeli

Votes have been updated. There is now a tie between Kyrsa and LadySky, both at four votes each.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

There was a tie, which was broken by a dice roll. Kyrsa was numbers 1-10, and LadySky was numbers 11-20. The rolled number indicated the person who would die. Because I rolled 1d20 with a result of 13, LadySky became the next victim in this terrible, terrible game, after a morning of arguments and back-and-forth voting.

In my latest post, I mentioned the jinshi examination. This refers to the imperial examination system [科舉], which in Imperial China determined who among the population would be permitted to enter the state's bureaucracy. Up until the Sui Dynasty, most bureaucratic appointments and government positions had been filled by recommendation from prominent aristocrats or local officials. Different emperors in the dynasties leading up to the Sui Dynasty established some preliminary form of assessing potential appointees by their talent, but it was not until 805 CE, under Emperor Yang, that an examination system was explicitly instituted.

Theoretically, any male adult in China, regardless of wealth or social status, could become a high-ranking government official by passing the imperial examination. In reality, since the process of studying for the examination tended to be time-consuming and costly, most of the candidates came from the wealthy land-owning gentry. However, there are vast numbers of examples in Chinese history in which individuals moved from a low social status to political prominence through success in imperial examination.

The jinshi [進士] examination that I referred to is the examination administered every three years in the capital. People who passed this level of examination were considered jinshi, or "presented scholars". There are several levels within the jinshi, classified by how one did in the examination:
  • Jinshi jidi (進士及第), Jinshi who were ranked first class in Jinshi examiniation.
    • Zhuangyuan (狀元), lit. exemplar of the state, jìnshì who ranked #1 first class (in Jinshi examination).
    • Bangyan (榜眼), lit. eyes positioned alongside (the top-ranked scholar), jìnshì who ranked #2 first class.
    • Tanhua (探花), lit. selective talent, jìnshì who ranked #3 first class.
  • Jinshi Chushen (進士出身), jìnshì who were ranked second class in Jinshi examination.
  • Tong Jinshi Chushen (同進士出身), jìnshì who were ranked third class in Jinshi examiniation.

Note that the description I gave of LadySky and Kyrsa have no reflection whatsoever on their roles in the game; it was just for a bit of fun. ^__^

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

I loved the story Caeli! It is all so well done and very interesting! *bows thankfully to the mighty Goddess*

Oh, btw.......

Damn the die! ROFL!

Beguile's Mistress

Caeli

I would like to apologize in advance; I will be scarce for the next couple of days.

However, once the players with night roles PM me with their choices, I'll try to get that post up for Day 3 up by tomorrow (well, technically today) so you guys can get started with the craziness!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

lol, I never changed my vote :(

And Caeli, I have to say that you always find the cutest avatars. The last one was really good! This one is just as good too, I just liked the black on the last one. More my color :P

Anyways, I cant wait to get to the next day.

Caeli

* Caeli grins.

Thanks, Najdan. The former is a dear favorite of mine, but I felt like a change. I didn't want to switch back to the avatar I call duchess (right), but I wanted a similar feeling... and thus this one. <3 I'm glad you like it!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

I mean, the white looks lovely, but I just always have loved darker colors. I think they bring out the true colors of people's skin and eyes. But both of those in the white dress are stunning.

-cough-

Not to take up the OOC thread talking about your avatars!

SPIES MUST DIE...

Caeli

*laughs* I apologize; we'll stop the clutter at once. ;)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

Oh no, you have nothing to apologize. I was telling myself more then anything else. -feels bad now-

Caeli

* Caeli grins.

Don't feel bad. We can always pontificate on the finer points of avatars and color elsewhere, such as in PM. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

Smile

That is very true. And at some point in time I will just have to PM you.

Valerian

Argh!  I wish I hadn't died quite so quickly, but at least I took one of you nasty Wei spies down with me.  Now that's a fun special ability.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

aymelekT

I have to say I couldn't have been killed by a nicer person :P  I'm sorry I wasn't more into the plotting but I truly enjoyed playing with you guys, and plotting with my buddies.

*shakes a bloodied fist at Valerian*  I'm gonna hunt you down in the afterlife!  AGAIN! :D

Really though this was fun; next time I hopefully won't be working all the day that got me killed; perhaps if I hadn't, i'd not have been so tired that I died...I am, after all, the Midget Ninja *elite sneaky skills*

Valerian

Bring it on!  *strikes a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon pose*

;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

*takes pics for posterity's sake* 

>.> 
Baby, it's all I know,

aymelekT

Bah...I can't attack sexiness...at least not with the leet ninja skills...

>.> *darts shifty gaze around*

Valerian

See, anyone with such shifty eyes must be up to something.  *grins*

Is it sad that I'm still busily trying to figure out who's who?  *blush*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

Not sad at all, I am right here with you Val!

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on March 29, 2010, 10:42:36 AM
Is it sad that I'm still busily trying to figure out who's who?  *blush*

Nope, I do that all the time. Heh.

Imogen

*raises hand*

Even reread the last game looking clues after I knew who was who ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

LadySky

Little tip.....never ever ever base choices on previous games. Everyone changes their character traits and roles completely every new round. If you let what happened in previous games affect your choices now it will always trap you in a bad place. I have done it in the past and though it worked out sometimes, it always ends up trapping you eventually. ;D

Valerian

Yes, maybe that's why Remiel keeps suspecting me... wrongly.  *radiates innocence*

Though I've hardly ever been a villain, so that doesn't really work, either.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Valerian, it's nothing personal against you.  I swear!   :'(   

For some reason, all other things being equal, my internal lie detector seems to swing toward the established forum personalities, like you or Kip or Bliss.   Often in error, as we've seen.

Or maybe I just have a bias in favor of inexperienced players.   I assume that they're not as good at guile and deception, i.e. they must be telling the truth.  Heh.

So, in a way, it's a compliment! Like I told Bliss, it's your dazzling personality that makes me suspect you.  ;D

Blaed

Experienced players sometimes act like inexperienced plays to throw off people.

I am working out on my vote, lol.

Remiel

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on March 29, 2010, 02:05:10 PM
Experienced players sometimes act like inexperienced plays to throw off people.

All the more reason to suspect them, no?

Imogen

Just give me a couple of more games and I'm sure to have excel sheets of all players and their habits -shamefaced-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blaed

Quote from: Remiel on March 29, 2010, 02:27:23 PM
All the more reason to suspect them, no?

Yes, but if you have never played with them before, how do you know if they are experienced or not?"

Remiel

Quote from: Imogen on March 29, 2010, 02:35:00 PM
Just give me a couple of more games and I'm sure to have excel sheets of all players and their habits -shamefaced-

A woman after my own heart. <3

Autumn52

I agree that a person who knows how to play these games never plays the same way in a row. Each person changes their strategy for each game, and each role. I haven't been playing that long but I have seen people play differently from game to game. It would be easier if you could use past games as a template for strategy but I don't think it is possible.

Hugs to all!!!

Autumn Sativus

As a GM in my own section, I actually place it in the 'against the rules' section to use previous games against people. :P
Us against the world

Remiel

Um...Stattick and Xandi, it seems like your accusations seem to be veering away from In Character reasons and toward Out of Character reasons (i.e. the frequency of logging into E, activity on the boards, number of PMs, etc.)

I don't think we're supposed to be using those criteria in our determinations, or at least mentioning them in the IC thread.   :-\

Autumn52

Thank you Remiel, I don't think there is anything in my last post that is out of character. I modified the ending just in case it could be considered as personal.

Caeli

Well, technically you guys are welcome to use any OOC reasons to vote the way you would like. Any information obtained via PMs or otherwise are fair game.

Also, I would like to note that a victory by the traitors (Wei spies + Traitor twin) means a victory for all four of them; but if all three Wei spies are killed, the game ends even if the Traitor twin is still alive. This is because the Traitor twin does not have the special ability of being able to kill someone during a night segment.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

(Psssst, Caeli, I voted for Kyrsa a few posts above.)

Imogen

Kyrsa, that's not fair!! How are we supposed to resist an Easter Bunny like that??? :-P
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Caeli

Final vote will be tallied in four hours. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kye

Quote from: Imogen on March 30, 2010, 03:54:17 PM
Kyrsa, that's not fair!! How are we supposed to resist an Easter Bunny like that??? :-P

*giggles* there was no rule about not being able to use my avatar to my advantage!

Caeli

My apologies, it took much longer than four hours...

But the final vote has been tallied, and another Wei spy has fallen!

I wonder if our last spy can last long enough to finish what the three conspirators had started? :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Hahaha.....I told you....Thank god.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Kyrsa on March 30, 2010, 05:50:41 PM
*giggles* there was no rule about not being able to use my avatar to my advantage!

*grins* evil!

Valerian

Go, team!   *welcomes Iejir to the afterlife*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

Ryven

Imogen

Yeeehaaaah!!

((Sorry, just read the Dukes of Hazzard group thingy...-had- to)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Stattick

*whew* I've never been so relieved to be wrong. Now, just one more to go.
O/O   A/A

Kye

*sips her wine in the spirit realm*

Stattick

Interesting new avatar Caeli. I like it, but I have to say, that somehow, it doesn't quite see "you".
O/O   A/A

Caeli

That's because Vekseid stole my avatar and replaced it with something else. TOTALLY not my fault. :P

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

Oh, and then that one is just too covered up. Black looks fine, though.

How about:

O/O   A/A

Caeli

Well, if it's black, I've already got a black swimsuit one:

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Remaining players, please post in the IC thread to vote for your next lynch victim. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Smiles at Iejir's ghostly form and says "no need I have gotten the ball rolling, so to speak"

giggles and blows a kiss at the ghost of Iejir.....

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Autumn52

Aw don't be like that Saffron....you know I love you except when you are a spy trying to kill me............

Hugs Saffron and prays for her Spy soul......

Stattick

Saffron, I think you need to spank Xandi. Spank her hard.

*leans back to watch*
O/O   A/A

Autumn52

I would much prefer if Stattick would spank me........but Saffron you are welcome to spank me too. I should warn you both I WILL like it though..... ;D

huggles

Remiel

One thing I keep waiting for in these games is, when the seers/ministers reveal themselves, for one of the rebels/conspirators/werewolves to claim to be the same role.

"I'm the seer!"

"No, I'm the seer!"

That would be awesome.

LadySky

*jots down notes in her handy dandy detective journal*

Remiel

Um... not that I would ever do that or anything... *shifty eyes*

Autumn52

To late now Remiel we will all suspect you next time you say you have a role. hehe

Autumn Sativus

It is not my soul you should worry for, but your own. When my innocence is proven, you will be the target.
Us against the world

Caeli

Votes will be finalized in a few hours. :-) Feel free to RP back and forth until then.

In answer to a question: If the Loyal Twin chooses to use his/her special ability, there are one of two scenarios that will happen:
- if the person is INNOCENT (a courtier), s/he will not be lynched, and there will be no deaths for that day segment of that turn.
- if the person is GUILTY (spy or traitorous twin), s/he will be lynched as planned.

The Loyal Twin will be revealed regardless of whether the victim-to-be is innocent or guilty.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Oops......again.....Well I owe Saffron an apology......

When I join you in the after life your can spank me a good one......

I am not voting first this time......

although it has to be only the remaining two I was unsure about......

but I ain't saying and I wouldn't blame anyone if you killed me off, I am a terrible Minister.

Darn...Darn...Darn...Whoever the last spy is they are crafty that is all I have to say....

Kye

Don't feel too bad Xandi, Saffron was on my list of suspects as well as you know.  ::)

Caeli

Quote from: Caeli on April 02, 2010, 04:38:11 PM
Votes will be finalized in a few hours. :-) Feel free to RP back and forth until then.

In answer to a question: If the Loyal Twin chooses to use his/her special ability, there are one of two scenarios that will happen:
- if the person is INNOCENT (a courtier), s/he will not be lynched, and there will be no deaths for that day segment of that turn.
- if the person is GUILTY (spy or traitorous twin), s/he will be lynched as planned.

The Loyal Twin will be revealed regardless of whether the victim-to-be is innocent or guilty.

Sorry, guys. >.>; I corrected the error I made about the special role. I was talking about the Loyal Twin, not the Minister of the Treasury.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Stattick

Ok, well I guess I'd better get this ball rollin, since no one else apparently wants to... but I'm really not sure who to point at. I guess I'll go and study the IC thread for a bit, and see if I can find a clue.
O/O   A/A

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

*haunts the survivors to keep them on their toes!*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Stattick on April 06, 2010, 12:30:57 AM
*pokes game with pointy stick*

Ouch!  Hey watchit....that thing is sharp.... you'll put someone's eye out if you aren't careful....

*points at Caeli and shakes a finger* 

Same goes for you too Missy...no poking with sharp sticks....

:-*
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

*keeps haunting, since she hasn't been scolded for it!*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

And you..... *points to the ghostly Val*

....shouldn't haunt people either.  well unless they WANT you to...some people enjoy that sorta thing....just sayin'....
Baby, it's all I know,

Kye

Caeli

I'm currently waiting for some PM conversations to finish up, so votes will be tallied in the morning of April 07 (PST), probably around 9-10AM.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

lol, I am so dead :P

Oh well, I am going to go down swinging!

Autumn52

your reasoning is good try Fallen......hugs

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

*Remiel's ghost rests a little bit easier, glad that he wasn't completely wrong.*

Ryven

Oh ho ho!  A fool am I.  Now I turn to my other suspect.

Blaed

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

Caeli

We're not voting yet, you guys. >_>

Anyway, the spy did get me the vote, but I'll be occupied until about a couple of hours from now. Sorry!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Autumn52

well darn that spy, he/she is a smart one that is all I have to say.....LOL

I will hang out with all the other ghost still wondering who the last spy is.

Caeli

I'm going to try and wait for Imogen's vote, but I'm going to tally votes sometime tomorrow. I apologize, I'm going through a tough situation with my student org right now, so I've been devoting my time to that. :/

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Imogen

Congrats courtiers, and thank you for hosting a great game, Caeli! It was my first time being evil and I had a blast! My apologies for the sneaky PM's, guys :-( I really do love you all!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Yay for the good guys!  *giggles* 

Imogen was my evil twin!  ;)

Good game everyone!  Thank you to Caeli for making this one so awesome. ;D
Baby, it's all I know,

Ryven

I was never really targeted or suspected.  Just how I like it. ^-^

Stattick

Sorry for being evil, but hey, if you have to be evil, you might as well try to excel at it.  >:)

I hope there's no hard feelings.

Quote from: Ryven on April 16, 2010, 08:49:51 AM
I was never really targeted or suspected.  Just how I like it. ^-^

Oh, and Ryven... FYI, I was out-voted. I talked about targeting you on the very first day. There wasn't a good reason why I was targeting you. It... just seemed like the thing to do. But higher priority targets kept presenting themselves... *sinister laugh*
O/O   A/A

Remiel

Thank you for hosting a great game, Caeli!  It was a lot of fun, and it was obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into each night's summation!  ;D

I eventually figured out who the traitors were, but only after it was too late.   Well, actually, that's giving myself too much credit; had I survived night 5, I would have accused Mithlomwen, which would have been a grave mistake.  Why does it seem like the more of these games I play, the worse I get?

Beguile's Mistress

Thanks for a great game.  Though I was killed the first night I still enjoyed the game.  I'd love to play again.

Caeli

Thanks. ;D I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Quote from: Stattick on April 16, 2010, 10:36:40 AM
Sorry for being evil, but hey, if you have to be evil, you might as well try to excel at it.  >:)

Oh, and Ryven... FYI, I was out-voted. I talked about targeting you on the very first day. There wasn't a good reason why I was targeting you. It... just seemed like the thing to do. But higher priority targets kept presenting themselves... *sinister laugh*

Gives Stattick a big hug and kiss and tells him if I am ever in doubt before You are on my list....You are a great bead guy I never suppected you. Hugsssss

Valerian

I have to say, it was a lot of fun dying in combat like that.   ;D  I almost didn't guard Kyrsa, though -- the way all the votes kept changing had me so dizzy, I couldn't decide!  Heh.  But it was a grand way to die, taking a traitor with me.  Er, no offense, ayme.  *hands out chocolate chip cookies as a peace offering*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Exactly!  If you're going to be bad...you might as well be good! ;D

No hard feelings at all, though I must say with all of the last minute PMs I was getting I was starting to get confused as to who was guilty or not.  *giggles*
Baby, it's all I know,

Kye

This was my first game of this type and I had a blast! Thank you Caeli, you did an awesome job!

Ryven

Oh, no hard feelings at all.  I still find it funny that people target me as if I'm a threat. ::)

Blaed

First off, let me say thank you Caeli for hosting this game. It was a lot of fun, and I liked this type of game. I am glad that I was able to play in the game, and enjoyed it very much. Living to the end of the game was also some fun, and being a part of the winning vote thanks to the save by Mithlomwen.

I would really enjoy playing more games like this.