Fallen Hands of Fate Chapter 1, Feudal Vampire Plot, in a Gothic Mansion Setting

Started by Balen, October 28, 2010, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balen

Fallen Hands of Fate - Chapter 1

Synopsis:
Set to feudal vampiric backdrop, with the date around 1400 AD. There is a meeting of the various groups who wield power. Picture a gothic, refined, but dark setting. There is plenty of backstabbing going on, and positioning for power in the hierarchy. A lot of false smiles, self indulgence by some, and dark solitary brooding by others. Fear in the eyes of humans, and vengeance in the eyes of a vampire hunter.

I want this story to look towards the games Vampire Bloodlines, Masquerade, and the film Interview with a vampire etc for inspiration. Underworld wasn’t too bad in how it depicted vampires in my opinion, and these sorts of darker outlooks, set apart from the natural world is how I would like to approach the story. Contact with humans is limited and exposure very rare, quickly being covered up, though cattle or indoctrinated servants can certainly be used as NPC's or played by PC's.

Place:
A stately home in the English countryside, large grounds to walk in, and huge underground chambers for sleeping guests. Dark twisted forests, and a beautiful black hearted residence under a clear midnight night sky.

Additional details.
As I’ve not written with you before, we will likely need something beyond any assumed character’s IC connection to drive a story. We have several possible plots, so by all means let me know what you like the sound of.

Exposing the murder of an elder vampire.
Vampire hunters surrounding the mansion.
Feuding families that stretch back generations.
Embracing you into becoming a Vampire, though obviously this will be a ‘lite’ version, given the under 16 rating of the common board, I can however write intense PG.

Character sheet, please submit your characters using this.

Character Name:

Character Type:
Fledgling Vampire – A newly sired vampire.
Vampire
Elder Vampire – A particularly old vampire.
Human
Ghoul – Part human, sustained and thus driven by their Masters blood.
Vampire Hunter

Character Background:

Appearance:

Allegiance, if appropriate
If human a country or organization if you feel it appropriate.
If vampire you might pick a fictional group to represent, such as:

Actus Curiae – (latin) Act of the court
A multinational union of vampire houses with its founding dating back a millennia, they are the most influential, traditional and secret of all vampire groups.

Sovereignty
Initially an alliance of powerful Byzantine and Asian Vampire Lords, they now have their claws in much of the middle east, and are rigorously expanding their domain into Asia all the time.

The Emetua
A nomadic and prosperous Vampire house, they are wanderers and free spirits. Their following is growing, usually amongst those newly sired. They are often merchants, wanderers, entertainers and traders, but like all groups are careful of the not exposing themselves for what they are.

Insert your own group if you have an idea that fits with the theme.

On the technological side it is horses as a main staple of transport, 1400 AD is before pistols, but daggers, swords, crossbows, bows etc will all fit.

All NPC's are free for anyone to use as they like in their writing. All PC's should be left for their respective writers.

Other than that have fun, I am seeking at most two other writers of both genders, it might just be one writer initially if we go with the embrace theme, it is entirely up to you what you are most comfortable with writing. This roleplay will eventually move to the adult boards and expand with your creative help.

Balen

Character Name:  Robert Bohun (Cenwulf)
Character Type: Elder Vampire
Background: Born around the eighth century, Cenwulf as he was once called, was an Anglo Saxon invader of England. After a longer a bitter campaign of conquest he was mortally wounded in battle. It was on this field of death, that he was sired to preserve his life. His Sire saw passion and a lust for life in his eyes, even at the end as he rose despite his wounds, while others would have laid to accept their fate, he howled out to the moon to live on.

The change to live out of societies eyes was not an easy one at first, for in his previous life he lived for the thrills of battle and spoils of war. Now he is a noble, struggling to contain the more animal qualities of his youth. To reinforce the emotional walls he builds, every so often he focuses, immersing and losing himself within them, to purge his mind of the beast within.

Now he is older, wiser perhaps, but is still has that same passionate drive to experience all that life or unlife allows. Robert is drawn to those who share that lust for richness of experience. He is part of the Actus Curiae, and having only recently been granted the status of Elder, is keen to see its will made manifest, as long as his own ambitions are realized at the same time of course. He took the name Robert after his Viking brothers were finally stopped in their conquest, and to symbolize that his allegiance is only to the new order of the Actus Curiae.

Appearance: Sleek black hair rests down to his neck, with deep, penetrating hazel eyes, which splinter in a multitude of different shades. Robert has a slender but toned body, and walks with both grace and exacting precision. He radiates an aura of calm, cold as ice at times, and still as a mountain lake. He is disciplined and expects the same respect he gives others, but it is well known he indulges in many passions and vices when the time is right for such things.

Allegiance:  Actus Curiae, the Vampire Court

Luella

I'd love to go along with the story (it's really hard to get decent stories or even vampire-themed stories...all I see are mostly sex and incest :-\).

Anyways, would you be interested in a human, hired by another clan which has a grudge against you, sent to spy on you for a weakness, or to find a way to destroy you and your clan, if there is one. Of course, she does not know about their true origins, and neither of that of her secretive employer.
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Balen

For me it is all about the intensity, depth of the interaction, and the richness of the backstory. If something then manifests from that and sparks fly naturally from characters either in a well written rivalry, deception, or adult scene it is worth its weight in gold to be a part of. Then I feel that way about battles, romances, horror stories you name it. It is just one of several directions to take the roleplaying in.

You would be very welcome in that role, plotting and scheming sounds perfect. As a human spy you might be in my service or another Vampire's service, or merely pretending to be so to gain access to the mansion. I was leaning towards several houses or clans making up each major group, and my own house having its history in the essence of conflict. This marred history, will leave it as a target for both competitors of the same mind and those who want a more peaceful or hidden existence. You could be representing someone from the same group, or another court, as they all contain several clans or houses. We are around the final fall of the Byzantine empire at 1400 so we can tie in that for added impetus if you like. Additionally we have the hundred years war, that is many smaller conflicts between England and France ongoing also. This all might be driven by Vampire houses seeking to overthrow others strangleholds on power. It could something much more personal, in the 600 years of my character's life he is bound to have made many enemies, both those in full view, and those hidden. As a final option you might be working for vampire hunters, infiltrating this lair as a servant or handmaiden etc.

Feel free to be creative with the character, or ask for ideas if you find yourself at an impasse. I will write up the starting post now, excuse any typo's as I cannot eliminate them all yet without an edit button.

Luella

Great! Working for vampire hunters would be interesting. Guess she'll have to report to them by sending letters of what she has observed in his castle. I'll do up a character profile below!

Character Name:  Victoria Carter
Character Type: Human
Background: Born in England, Victoria was thrust into a world of war and rage among neighboring countries. Schools all over England were closed and she was forced to stay indoors almost all the time. She was taught how to read and write by her doting parents, something they did together to distract themselves from the chaos outside. When she was 18, her life changed. As the daughter of a noble, her parents were accused to be aiding the enemy in the war. They were captured and imprisoned. The only thing Victoria could do, was to bail them out with a hefty sum imposed by the greedy Ministers.

One night, Victoria was approached by a stranger and given a choice of saving her parents. The stranger told her that she would be working as a maid, and all she had to do, was to write what she saw, heard and spoken, to back to them. There will be further tasks and instructions given to her with every letter sent. With that, her parents will be free. Victoria took up the opportunity and showed up at the address given to her.

Appearance: Black curly hair, pulled into a loose bun. She has light brown eyes accented by the creamy parlor of her skin.

Personality/Character: Victoria knows her place in society, where girls are seem but not heard. She is smarter than most women her age since she was educated in both the arts and literature. She is usually shy and soft-spoken, but animated in the presence of familiar company. Victoria treasures the important people in her life and she with her strong spirit and determination, she will put up a good fight when the need arises. 

Allegiance:  Unknown.
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Balen

I like it. Pure motivations of family, not knowing what she is walking into, there are many interesting angles to explore.

I have made the initial post here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87260.0

Join when you feel ready, I have left it open for you to be the one charged with summoning the Elders to the meeting, or if you wish you can already be there attending to the other guests and sneaking or observing as you like. As with anyone who joins, please control or use any NPC's that it will help in your posts.

Balen

After the first chapter I will be starting the next one in an adult forum, if anyone interested in the plot has a preference as to which one, let me know, as to my mind it will work in any of them. I am still very much seeking characters to help shape the story, either for one thread or a few, entirely up to you.

Ciannait

I would be very interested in playing... but before I make my character, I have a quick question. About how far into the 1400s will it be set? Like... if my character maybe left Spain in slight fear of the Spanish Inquisition, would that be keeping with the time line?
Giles: You have responsibilities that other girls do not.
Buffy: Oh! I know this one! Slaying entails certain sacrifices, blah blah biddy blah, I'm so stuffy, give me a scone.
Giles: It's as if you know me.

Balen

Quote from: Ciannait on November 02, 2010, 05:03:26 PM
I would be very interested in playing... but before I make my character, I have a quick question. About how far into the 1400s will it be set? Like... if my character maybe left Spain in slight fear of the Spanish Inquisition, would that be keeping with the time line?

Very good news!

I was considering the turn of the century but that will be fine if you have a solid character concept in mind. The main reasoning being to avoid gunpowder being used, and having the hundred years war still ongoing, as well as the fall of Byzantium. If you can play out, let us say the very first inquisition being around 1450 or even earlier, then we can still tie in the hundred years war between England and France.

Medieval Inquisitions raged constantly, from any period as far back as the 11th century. They are another alternative, and if they would be fitting for your character, we can keep the earlier date.  Perhaps the Inquisition that caused your character to flee, might have been the very first of the Spanish inquisitions proposed, the template even for all the suffering that followed?

Kendra

Character Type:
Elder VampireA particularly old vampire.

Character Background:

History:
The Sire
Ireland late 4th century and early 5th century:
The country was bloodthirsty and volatile. The High King ready to pass his crown on but choosing instead not to give it to his eldest son but to host games of skill amongst them. At last Niall of the Nine Hostages becomes revered as the High King and his legendary reign begins. Druids hold much store amongst the people and many men take more than one wife.

In the midst of the tumultuous lives of these Celts lingers a threat they are unaware of. Side by side they have battled together, the humans not knowing that the man beside them could also be a blood thirsty vampire. A small clan of traditional vampires survived from the dawn of time on this war faring Island and refused to move. They had all the fresh blood they could ever need and as every so often a new war was raged or a fight broke out, they were never short.

They were the 'Siúlóirí na Lá' - the Day Walkers. Over time however their numbers dwindled and yet still they abhorred the idea of mating with the human women to bear half-breeds. It was unthinkable. By 430AD there was only three males and a single female left. The human wars had taken their toll on the lives of the clan. Wooden spears used in battles had pierced many while the bloodthirsty Irish famous for tearing the bodies of their enemies in quarters and burning them or burying them away from each other, did like
wise when confronted in battle with the vampires.

Fionn Cuan was many moons old and yet had stilled his bodily aging so that he appeared to resemble no more than twenty years. An old age in human years even then as many died swiftly in battle or with disease or from wounds. Often he considered relinquishing the life he had lived for so long, he could sense something approaching and did not like the omens he saw daily. His brother Daithi and his woman Una felt it too and moved from their warring home in the North to a quieter part of Ireland in the very South. Fionn
stayed on, for one reason and one reason only. In all his years - all 1,800 of them he had fallen in love perhaps twice. Once when he was but a young boy of 16 years and again much later when he had turned a century.

Now he felt the stirrings again but was dismayed that he of all people had fallen in love with a human woman. Not just a woman but a young girl. She was fourteen and yet he saw the promise in her of what she could be. He did not court her but in his own way strives to protect her from others who might pursue her. But even he could not foresee the coming of Christianity to the shores of such a barbaric country. She who had not fallen for the charms or wiles of any man fell in love at the age of sixteen with the Word that Patrick spoke. A young priest sent by his own visions and the pope to turn the people of Ireland to the one true church.

Fionn Cuan was disgusted, he had seen religious fools before and thought this one more deceptive than all the rest. He watched from afar as the man blessed and preached with one hand but annihilated the druids with the other. Listened as he preached about love and peace while he bloodied his own hands with the murders of those who opposed his faith and church. Fionn hated him and all he stood for and it broke his heart to see his Fianna falling daily into the clutches of the church. She idolised Fionn but as a guardian, as a friend and nothing more. Besotted she announced one day to her family and Fionn that she was joining the church and being baptised.

Anger filled him like nothing ever had before and a bloodlust so strong tore through his very veins. If Fionn could not have her, he was certain that no man or god for that matter would either. In the dead of night he snatched her silently from her home and taking her far into the mountains, first raped her and then bit her. His intention of course had only been to drain her but his desire for her had overcome him and then his love for her did. Hating himself for treating her like an animal, hearing her screams and cries of mercy has he had torn his way through her, Fionn knew there was no where left for him to go. As his fangs sank into her he drank from her enough to taste her innocence and then cutting his own arm fed her (unwilling as she was) from his own blood.

On the mountain tops he witnessed her change, her anger and frustration. He witnessed her fear at what she had become and what he truly was. Never before meeting Patrick had she thought of such things as hell or the devil but now was sure that Fionn Cuan was this exactly. Tortured daily by her view of him, Fionn could not go on. He warned her not to return to her family and to stay from the light which seemed to affect her greatly compared to him. He understood this was because she was not a true vampire as he was but sired not birthed. As the Samhain festivities approached he lit a huge fire and entering the flames pushed a stake into his own heart. Falling to his knees Fianna was the last face he saw before the true death took him.

The Sired

Fianna screamed and fought as best she could but she had been no match for Fionn, he took her innocence and her virginity and gave her immortality in return. She had hated him greatly then but as time moved on slowly for her and she had to move around from place to place, she grew to hate him even more. She had watched her family from afar growing old, saddened by her sudden disappearance, angered that she had never been found and had also to witness them moving on. Living their lives as if she no longer existed. Watching also as Christianity spreads like a plague across the country, time also opens her eyes to the duality of this religion among others. Soon she shuns the human villages altogether only coming near them to feed. At first her appetite is so strong that she cannot resist the urge no matter how disgusting her mind at times tells her it is. She feeds off the helpless children and elderly until she herself is strong enough to demand more, until she is wiser through time and learned knowledge to seek out others like herself.

Her travels take her from Ireland to England and from there to Europe. Every decade she moves on again, never staying where she might be recognised until she after spending some time amongst a powerful coven in Spain, she desires to create her own. Her accent slowly changes, a willing student absorbing different languages painstakingly until she is fluent in all. Time takes her to China and Japan, she ventures to Russia and as it is so vast finds a home here for quite some time. Feeding grounds are plentiful and she becomes known through the vampire circles. She is older than many and respected because of it. This she uses to her advantage, aligning herself with a pure blood vampire Damien who falls madly in love with her on first sight. Fianna uses him mercilessly to acquire land, money and prestige. She cannot love, refuses to think it even exists. Love for the god she had wanted to give her life too had not saved her or her soul. Both damned to walk the earth for eternity!

Damien is killed twenty years later in a brutal vampire war between East Europeans and Russians. With his death she becomes the queen of over 8,000 acres of frozen land but plentiful with humans. The Europeans did not stand a chance fighting the Russians on their own turf.

She moves again placing trusted members of her coven in charge of her lands in Russia and ordering them in turn to sire. She wants an army of vampires for she knows the wars are not over and she will always be ready. But time wages on and as she finds herself traveling back to England. She will never return to Ireland even after all this time it is too painful a memory for her. Fianna feared and loved, revered and reviled by her kind walks the earth still draining humans still trying to find a peace she knows does not exist, still convinced that love is an illusion, still hating the one man she can never kill ... Fionn Cuan.

Appearance:

Allegiance, if appropriate
Herself and no other

Balen

As I said over chat I am truthfully impressed with the depth and background, all that effort you have put into the character brings her to life. I will endeavor to match it in bringing Robert's and some of the NPC history more into focus, usually I prefer to make a large amount of the history as I write, but I feel all you have put into your character deserves more of a push into his past.

If you would like a specific entrance point to the story please let me know, Russia isn’t yet whole at this period in history, especially the Eastern parts, but it is slowly growing into a more stable country over time. There are definitely several feuding East European and Russian powers, and that makes for a lot interesting angles to the character, either defending religions or cultures being marginalized, or being at the head of forming that country in her image.

I am honored to have your creative energy joining and shaping the story. As with anyone all NPC's are yours to direct, and help add life to, all I ask is you leave the PC's to their respective owners.

Do you wish me to make a specific entrance post for her?

Kendra

Thanks Balen, I had read your opening post back in October but thought I had too much on to do anything but it just kept coming back to me intriguing me more and more. I love really good vampire plots. I had the bones of her more or less thrashed out because I really wanted to do a thoroughly decent vampire plot so once I thought she was ready and now that I find I have some plots on hold, I thought why not ;)

An entrance post would be great, thanks and it doesn't have to be specific at all. I can go with anything you put up really. Would love to try out the vampire hunters surrounding the mansion at some point into the story, if that's okay?

Karasu

Ya knwo I'm rather interested in this.. I'll definatly have to learn a bit more cause gods I love vampires..

Well werewolves too but eh XD

I'll post a character soon.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Balen

Quote from: Kendra on November 05, 2010, 07:22:58 AM
Thanks Balen, I had read your opening post back in October but thought I had too much on to do anything but it just kept coming back to me intriguing me more and more. I love really good vampire plots. I had the bones of her more or less thrashed out because I really wanted to do a thoroughly decent vampire plot so once I thought she was ready and now that I find I have some plots on hold, I thought why not ;)

An entrance post would be great, thanks and it doesn't have to be specific at all. I can go with anything you put up really. Would love to try out the vampire hunters surrounding the mansion at some point into the story, if that's okay?

You have the entrance post! Vampire hunters will follow on from all of this well at some point, so we can certainly bring them into it. I wasn't completely sure on your characters last name, so I've added that field now to the character sheets we do.

Quote from: Karasu on November 05, 2010, 01:41:30 PM
Ya knwo I'm rather interested in this.. I'll definatly have to learn a bit more cause gods I love vampires..

Well werewolves too but eh XD

I'll post a character soon.

By all means post one up, and what kind of questions did you have? If I can answer I shall certainly do so.

Kendra

Well when she was born it was when surnames didn't really exist.
People were called in what the worked in relation too or where they lived.
Like Niall of the Long Knives or Sean of the Swift Legs and such...

I'll come up with one for her as in the century she's in now she'll need one
Will probably decide on a Russian one considering she married a Russian guy ;)
thanks for doing up the post ... will post to it in the morning or some time tomorrow
*hugs*

Balen

Quote from: Kendra on November 05, 2010, 09:08:18 PM
Well when she was born it was when surnames didn't really exist.
People were called in what the worked in relation too or where they lived.
Like Niall of the Long Knives or Sean of the Swift Legs and such...

I'll come up with one for her as in the century she's in now she'll need one
Will probably decide on a Russian one considering she married a Russian guy ;)
thanks for doing up the post ... will post to it in the morning or some time tomorrow
*hugs*

You are welcome. A lot of people miss that fact about surnames, it was the same for my character's name initially. Entirely up to you if you want a surname to give her a Russian twist or want her to keep true to her traditional roots. Never any rush, take your time in replying.

Kendra

Decided to give her the name of her sire ;)
As much as she hates him (dead an' all as he is) it's the only one she thinks suitable ;)

Karasu

mm why not then XD I can always have her turned XD

Name: Aleena
Species: Human

appearence: Ankle long raven black hair that is usually kept in a braid ,  she has Emerald green eyes with flecks of yellow in them. She often times wears a dress of similiar color, or lovely dark blues, Her dresses are hand made for this female is a tailor of sorts.

Background:

Aleena had a pretty alright life. She wasn't noble not by far. This girl and her parents owned a little tailor shop that did cater to nobles with the fine stitching that could be found there. Aleena's even was magnificent to behold. Her small hands soft, agile, and quick with the needle and thread. When her elder sister returned to the shop, Aleena took to traveling to find her fortunes. It was about this time she was approached by a mysterious stranger with work in the mansion.. And Who was she to pass up the chance of adventure?
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Revenent

I saw that you only wanted two other writers initially, so would it be foolish of me to put up a character sheet at this point, or would you be willing to accept one more?