Space Pirates

Started by RedEve, August 02, 2014, 08:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

This game idea will start out pretty conventionally. I am sure that some variation of this has already been tried - likely more than once - on Elliquiy.
However, I would like to add an early twist to the idea.

Basically a group of Space Pirates are essentially slavers who attack worlds with more primitive humanoid races to kill the men and capture the most beautiful amongst their women to sell them at various slave markets all over the galaxy.

Their large vessel would be heading to one such market after having hit half a dozen worlds. However, they would be attacked by bounty hunters who had been hired precisely to bring the pirates to justice.

A space battle ensues in which both vessels are damaged. The mercenaries board the space pirates' ship and ultimately defeat its crew, but their own ship is lost in the process. The Space pirates ship too is badly damaged and they have no choice but to crashland it on an uninhabited (as in no humanoid races present) world.

Now, the subsequent roleplay would focus on the surviving mercs and the captive slavegirls they freed, and how they are both stuck on this remote planet.
The mercenary group would be fairly badly decimated, and many of the slave girls would also have perished in the crash.

The game itself would focus on how the mercs and former slaves possibly pair up as well as the manner in which they try to adjust to their new home (and how they adjust said new home to their needs).

If I were to start this up, I would like at least one co-GM.

Express your interest here.

Also, I am willing to be pretty open with the allowed races, including baseline human. However, the slave girls should be limited to six different races, to conform to the amount of worlds the pirates hit prior to their meeting with the mercs.

[float=right][img width=400][/img][/float]
Name:
Role in the game: (either merc or slave girl)
Home planet:
Race:
Bio:

Name: Vexalla Nuurad
Role in the game: Mercenary, second in command of the Aurora Dawn, their ship
Home planet: Rexlam IV, an ice planet with several mining operations.
Race: Baseline human
Bio: Vexalla was born to her parents, Randor and Maysie Nuurad. Her father Randor had been an engineer on Rexlam IV, a desolate world which nevertheless was home to several mining colonies. Her mother had been an entertainer – a euphemism for stripper – at one of the colonies few night clubs. Maysie Nuurad left the family when Vexalla was nine years old, and her father soon developed a dual addiction to alcohol and dream powder (a powerful hallucinogen which was one of the side-products of the ore they mined). This made his behavior ever more erratic and violent to the point where Vexalla herself left at the age of 15. She bounced around the system for a few years until she was caught pick-pocketing. To her surprise, her victim bailed her out and offered her a place on his ship, the Aurora Dawn. She was taught how to pilot a spacecraft, shoot a blaster, bypass security consoles and pretty much everything a self-respecting mercenary was supposed to know. After nearly ten years on the Aurora, she has seen many crew members come and go, some leaving to find other opportunities, others finding their end on dangerous missions. Through the years she has risen to the rank of second in command. Vexalla had serious reservations about the slave rescue mission but the pay was so good that she was convinced to go along with it, together with the rest of the crew.

Send all character sheets to my PM inbox, do not post them directly in here.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

ReanimateMagnus

I'm interested ^__^

I enjoy playing alpha male mercenary types.

Jezabelle

Jot me down as interested for either side of the roles as things dictate.

Green Goo Theory

Tentative interest in either side. 
Coming soon...

MagicalPen

I'd be interested in playing a Merc who just happens to like the idea of having a Slave Girl on this foreign planet.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Jezabelle

Alternatively, if it works out like this, it'll be a handful of mercs and the one slave girl--can't say it wouldn't be an interesting dynamic  ;D I'd play a slave girl but I understand some gents get put off by that sorta thing.

Neysha

I suppose I could express interest in being a slave girl. Since they were recently abducted, I'm sure there is still a wide variety of non-slave based professions she could've been before capture.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

RedEve

Quote from: Neysha on August 03, 2014, 10:52:51 AM
I suppose I could express interest in being a slave girl. Since they were recently abducted, I'm sure there is still a wide variety of non-slave based professions she could've been before capture.

Yes.

Though keep in mind that these pirates would specifically prey upon non-deepspace faring aliens, so lets say their level of technology would not surpass that of 20th century humans.

RedEve

Updated the opening post with the CS template and my own character.

ReanimateMagnus

Name: Shaun Norton
Role in the game: Freelance Pilot
Home planet: Jupiter (Titan)
Race: Human
Bio: Born on Mars, but raised on Titan. His father having abandoned him and his mother at an early age he grew up with the struggles of a single mother. She worked as a biochemist which when she was relocated to Titan allowed him to grow up without an education. Only being home schooled when his mother had the opportunities. Without the normal socialization most children got on other planets he talked to machines. Learning how they worked, flew his first ship at age eight. Crashed it and barely survived, though he learned more in that crash than adults did on their first try. Now twenty seven and an expert pilot. Having served in two wars and surviving both he now freelance pilots for various corporations and individual contracts. He was the reason the crash was not a total catastrophe. He's a bit insensitive to the emotions of others. More logic driven, honest and straight-forward. If you smell, he's going to tell you without sugar coating it. He does not see the emotion in making decision though he knows that others do and thus he buts heads with them. That being said he's open-minded about trying new tactics or new ideas.

RedEve

Should have mentioned this, but please send all CS to my PM inbox, not in this thread. Thanks! :)

Glyph

I'm interested in this!

Would it be possible for me to play as a pirate/slave who survived the battle and subsequently the crash?

I think it would be an interesting dynamic. There would be a lot of distrust between him and the kidnapped slaves and between him and the mercs. This could lead to interesting conflicts in a survival situation. (e.g., "What do we do with him?", "Can he be trusted?")

Obviously it would be up to you.

BeeJay

Interested in playing a studly, rough and tumble merc with a heart of gold. I'll start working on my CS right now!
O/O

Rel Mayer

Bookmarked!

This is beginning to interest me.

ArtemisHighmore

Put this under consideration.

RedEve

To answer one of your questions, all of the pirates will have died at the hands of the mercs.
The only survivors will be amongst the mercs and slave girls.

LeSane

I sent in a character sheet yesterday Eve have you had a chance to look over it?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

RedEve

I received your CS but I have not yet had the time to properly review them. I hope to find the time later this week. :)

Zeth

I am interested. PM to come shortly.