Planet Proelium (Mech battle RP Intrest check)

Started by DigitLninja, June 02, 2010, 11:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Planet Proelium was discovered by the Human race in the year 47XX. It is a planet in the Sunflower Galaxy with signs of intelligent life, fully inhabitable, twice the size of earth, with large underground tunnels and temples, but completely devoid of life. After several away teams inspected the planet they discovered that the tunnels and temples held large robotic vehicles later referred to as Mech's. After the translation of several thousand years worth of writing in only a few months, not only were the Humans able to pilot the Mech they found but also, repair, build weapons, fuel and battle with them.

Before long this planet was deemed as an entertainment capital, with Mech battle tournaments taking place year round for various teams, sponsored by wealthy contributors. The orbiting space station was where all humans lived and all Mechs where launched from for various battle settings on the planet's surface. Only the Grand Championship allows Humans on the surface other than the Mech pilot's for spectating. Despite many requests to make Mech's into military weapons no Human made Mech has ever functioned properly and tend to reject any pilot weather it is artificial or Human. It has also been discovered that no Mech pilot can own and operate more than three separate Mech's. Several pilots where rejected by various Mech for no reason, and most Humans are incapable of piloting at all.

Those select few who have managed to find and use three Mech's tend to be skilled pilots from the moment they step into the machine, they are celebrated as heroes and make a fine amount of money from sponsors and television broadcasts and prize money (oh my!). Through years of battle the safety of the pilots has been the most important thing, only one Mech battle related death has occurred since the discovery of the Mech's, However this one death has brought to light a problem that not one person could have seen coming, and had no warning that it was even possible.

Eight years ago the nine time grand champion fought his battle with his toughest rival, a fifteen year old who had pushed his way through the ranks quickly. With a final blow with his Melee weapon the cockpit of the rivals Mech was penetrated by the blade and the pilot didn't survive, however after the blade was removed the Mech began to move of it's own free will and didn't stop until the Champion was forced to destroy it. Since that day the Champion has never been seen again but new Mech's with no pilot's have begun to surface and cause trouble for anyone that crosses there path.

All Mech's Must Have A Cockpit!
Meaning you can't just find a giant robot and call it a Mech, you have to be sure that someone is able to pilot it.
Recommended Websites:
Zoids
Gundam
Robotech
There are other Mech but please run them by me before hand
I would like it if everyone had statistics for there Mech's but I'm not going to require it as it can be hard to find.

All Mech will have a set amount of HP, each arm or leg will have an amount of HP and the head/torso will have a larger amount of HP than the arm's/leg's.
If an arm or leg is out of HP it will release white smoke for a few seconds and be completely limp for the remainder of the battle.
The Head and Torso however are the main target and loss of all HP in these parts equals a loss.
Some Mech's may bring battle shields with them which will count as an extra arm or leg with slightly higher HP but you will have to drop two weapons to carry one battle shield.
Teams tend to be made up of three Mech Pilot's and one representative/leader that could be one of the pilot's, an older retired pilot, or a chosen person by the financial sponsor of the team.

There are two model's of Mech: Human Model and Animal Model
Human Model's tend to be able to hover and or fly and many have very powerful weapons.
Animal Model's have high maneuverability and speed but there weapons tend to be less powerful and flying model's tend to be rare.

Bullet Weapons cause 200-600 damage
Melee Weapons cause 300-800 damage
Beam Ranged Weapons cause 500-900 Damage
Beam Melee Weapons cause 600-1000 Damage
Leg's and Arms range from 4000-7000 HP each
Torso/Head's range from 10,000-50,000 HP each

Battle Modes:
000: Training Battle
001: Championship One on One Battle
002: Championship Free For All Battle
003: Free For All Battle
004: Melee Weapon Combat Only
005: Long Range Weapons Only
006: Blind Battle = No Radar in a Location With a lot of Large Obstacles
007: Somewhere Beyond the Sea = Underwater Battle
008: Eagle Eye = Flying Battle
009: Starstruck = Space Battle
010: No Fly Zone = No Flying Allowed
011: Speed Racer = No Weapon Race
012: Speed Battle = A Racing Battle with Melee Weapons
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Saikotsu

It seems like an interesting rp, and I'd be willing to do it, though I do have a few issues (which I'll PM you sometime, most likely Sunday). I take it that we're going to be using dice rolls to determine if attacks connect or what not, since we have damage and hp numbers?
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

I'm still trying to figure that part out... but I think that will be the essential idea.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

cmpuncle

I'll give it a shot once I get my internet going next Saturday.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Geradine

i would also be interested in this. would mechs from Armored Core be allowed?
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

DigitLninja

Probably, send me a link to a site that shows various makes and models and I'll check it out.

Also I must say that is the best image of the Dark Magician I have seen in a while.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Geradine

thank you. i actually don't have a site, but i'm sure i can find one. *goes digging through the vastness that is the internet*

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Geradine

I HAST FOUND IT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! sorry. ^_^ here ya go dood. all aromored core from ac2 up, parts lists and stats as well. *immensely pleased with myself*

http://www.ac-x.net/

DigitLninja

sweet looks good to me... if we get some more interest I'll make the character listings.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

gah!!! nothing shows up on my desktop monitor, I think my video card went bad while packed up.

Saikotsu

sweet! Undercover and I were hoping we could use our Armored Cores. Most of her better AC's are on my PS3, and all of mine are there too. Our AC's are from Armored Core 4, so some of the parts might be a bit different from the site, but I think they'd hold up well in combat.  I will say however, that right now isn't a good time for me to start an rp.  That should change later this week, but I'm going to be out of town for a little bit. However, Undercover and I would definitely be willing to join (she'd communicated this to me earlier, but hasn't had time to post just yet.)

edit: since the list comes from Armored Core, For Answer, my parts will most likely be almost identical.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Undercov3rL0ver

ah, finally managed to secure some time to post something. Thanks Saiko, I appreciate it.  Arg, now I have to figure out which mech I want to use ;) We're limited to 3 right? Well, that limits me to a fourth of my possible choices. Tentatively, I'm thinking of using the Ice Princess, Phantasm, and the E.S. Jaina, though that might change to a different set after talking it over with Saiko, after all, I designed those mechs to compliment his own mechs, so depending on what he chooses, you may see some interesting combinations.  Hmmm. I want to be the team captain of Phantasmic Heart. (I'm told that you should get the refference DigitLninja, though I myself don't get it. Saiko came up with the name.)
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

hey Saiko let me know if you're still coming over tonight, and if you are if you have a spare video card that should still work, bring it with you so I can check if my card went bad.  That way if it did go bad I can call CyberPower customer service and get my card replaced for free.

Geradine

i'm going to have to snag Beta off of my friends ps3. i actually made one that can OB without losing any energy, and can run right through an assault blast and keep going. not even a direct hit from a grenade launcher drops it out of OB. it is a melee type AC, so expect my other two to follow suit. i just have to create them...

Saikotsu

that's quite impressive! One of my friends made an AC that could fly indefinitely, while equipped with the heaviest weapons available. My only real crowning achievement was how effective my AC was at taking down enemy Nexts. 

I'm impressed, melee type AC's are hard for me to play well, though I had a concept for a melee type that I think I'll add as my third mech. My second mech is still to-be-determined.
- a friend

DigitLninja

You may want to conciser having more then one genre of mech, but I'm not going to tell you how to play the game so I'll stick with my Zoid and two Gundams. or Gundam and two zoids... not sure yet.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

hmm....maybe I should adapt Sarge to this one as well....that's a lot of numbers to crunch....

Saikotsu

well you know me, I like to be adaptable to any situation, so I usually have an all-around mech or character.  In light of that, I'll probably use my 097-Asura Armored core, my custom Asura mk. 6 (though it will have lost some of its capabilities due to the constraints of the rp), and a flying zoid of some type. 

That would mean, one armored core, one orbital frame (Zone of the Enders), and one zoid.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

hmmm.  I don't want to use three armored cores then, but what else would I use? I've never actually come up with a custom mech of my own before, but it sounds fun. I don't want a gundam, because there are so few unique ones out there, and they were all canonly owned by different characters. Ooh, perhaps I can pilot a Vic Viper.
That leaves me with one Armored Core, one L.E.V., and one custom made mech.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

Saikotsu

I suggest we put up the character sheets, so we can start building the mechs.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Halllujah, I have internet access, now to exchange the Wireless N router I bought for a wireless G router, gol-darn newfangled frequencies.