Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Lustful Bride

aorangi3

Nice! Lust, it will be interesting how you play him.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Lustful Bride

Yeah, trying to resist making him "A cop on the edge" Or turning him into Dirty Harry.  :P

Juggtacular

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 12, 2015, 09:32:29 AM
Yeah, trying to resist making him "A cop on the edge" Or turning him into Dirty Harry.  :P

Dirty Harry Stereotype?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 12, 2015, 09:33:48 AM
Dirty Harry Stereotype?

I know. 

Hmm...il have to replay the game and see how he was, though he had more of an attitude of "Fuck everything"

Juggtacular

This made me laugh when I saw the picture. The game terrified me though.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 12, 2015, 09:38:59 AM

Secret to winnig the game: Kill everything with fire!!!

(Not kidding, burn your enemies or else they just get right back up sometimes even after you empty a whole magazine into them.)

Blue Nova

Approved LB! Add that man to the CS Thread! ^_^

scribus1000

Well, seems like a Phineas Gage(sp?) reference to me.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Saiyuri

OMG! The Evil Within. ~sighs~
Finally beat that thing on Akumo Mode. That was awful x.x

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Saiyuri on March 12, 2015, 01:16:11 PM

OMG! The Evil Within. ~sighs~
Finally beat that thing on Akumo Mode. That was awful x.x

Great job.

I personally just replay it on Normal mode with New Game + cause...well im a whimp. :P

Saiyuri

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 12, 2015, 01:21:39 PM
Great job.

I personally just replay it on Normal mode with New Game + cause...well im a whimp. :P

Never again man, lol. But thank you!  ;D

Normal mode is definitely more fun because you can actually enjoy the game. Well as much enjoyment as you can with that game, lol. I hate Laura and the Butcher >.>

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Saiyuri on March 12, 2015, 01:24:36 PM

Never again man, lol. But thank you!  ;D

Normal mode is definitely more fun because you can actually enjoy the game. Well as much enjoyment as you can with that game, lol. I hate Laura and the Butcher >.>

I always save my Assault Rifle ammo and grenades for them.  >:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_z4IuxAqpE

Saiyuri

Lustful Bride

Laughing Hyena

Im amazed no one has taken up Aya Brea from Parasite Eve.

Outlaw Fallen

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 12, 2015, 04:31:42 PM
Im amazed no one has taken up Aya Brea from Parasite Eve.

Holy blast from the past... Fear the mitochondrial revolution! xD I'm surprised they haven't picked that series back up for nextgen consoles.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on March 12, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
Holy blast from the past... Fear the mitochondrial revolution! xD I'm surprised they haven't picked that series back up for nextgen consoles.

Guess there wasn't much of a demand for her ever since the bomb of the 3rd birthday.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 12, 2015, 04:47:37 PM
Guess there wasn't much of a demand for her ever since the bomb of the 3rd birthday.

*watched a laythrough of that game and didn't have single clue what the fuck was going on* o_o

Outlaw Fallen

See, I didn't even know that the 3rd birthday was a thing o.o (only figured it out when I googled it). It must have had no advertisement and poor game design. I remember back in the day, I had a pinup of Aya in daisy dukes and a jean jacket that was all sorts of hawt from one of the gaming mags I subscribed to... PE2 was highly anticipated and well received. Leave it to developers to fuck up a sequel =/

EDIT: Memory failed me, she wasn't wearing daisy dukes, but it was a sexy poster (and I think you will agree). It was also more colored in than this.
Aya
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Mr L

Rush Sykes

Current Occupation: Community farmer

Home World Information: The continent from the Last Remnant doesn’t go by any particular name. This continent contains many rocky outcrops, fields, canyons, caves, and so forth. Vast plains span the majority of the region with swamps to the southeast and southwest areas. A desert separates a few towns from the rest of the region.

The most notable geographical feature of this continent is the existence of Seibenbur, a network of caves that has entrances in every corner of the area, allowing for an underground passage from one city to another. There are six paths into this network, where many monsters live.

This world is also the home of Remnants, artifacts of immense power. Most cities and towns have at least one remnant bound to its Lord or Lady. Binding a remnant requires significant power from the individual, as the power can be taken directly from the soul of the one bound to it. Remnants come in all shapes and forms, and no two remnants share the same power. Some have power to slay many foes in one shot, to protect entire regions from monsters, or even to bind gods.

If a powerful remnant remains blank, or unbound, for too long, they can cause a cataclysmic event known as a Collapse. These events cause massive destruction to the region and attracts monsters to the area. Ruins are all over the continent from such Collapses in nearby towns whose lord has parished without an heir to bind the remnant.

Appearance/Style Description: Rush’s black hair is just long enough to cover his ears and can cover his purple eyes. When he is activating his talisman for the Omnistrike or to summon the Cyclops, his eyes will glow green.

Midway through Rush’s adventure, he was given an armored jacket to wear in combat. He tends to stay in this jacket all the time, as he’s learned that a fight could literally be right around the corner. He usually wears blue jeans to finish the outfit. At the same time he was given the jacket, he was also granted the ability to lead troops into battle. To commemorate this and help his troops follow him, he wears a flag with his family crest on the belt of his jeans, which flaps accordingly as he runs.

Personality: Rush grew up on a tropical island with only his sister and, occasionally, his parents, so while he is enthusiastic and friendly, he may have difficulty treating people with the respect they deserve based on ranks or titles. This is most evident with his best friend, David Nassau (Dah-veed Nah-sow), the Marquis of the city of Athlum, whom Rush calls “Dave.” This comes after he specifically asks to be referred to by David.

Rush tends to be simple at times, not always catching the meaning behind what people say, and from a low-tech world, will be lost when dealing with scientific jargon. Remnant research is scientific in nature, but is still magic based.

When Rush makes friends with others, he will strive to make them the best they can be and refuses to let them sit and mope when times are rough. He is a very supportive friend and will dying fighting for them if need be.

He tries to be gentle. When excited, he can be rather brash, charging into situations where tact is more important.

History: Rush lived on a small island called Eulam. He lived there with his younger sister, Irina, and his parents, when they weren’t away for serious research. While the parents were away (sometimes for years), Rush was left in charge of Irina to keep her safe.

Just as the pair get a message from their parents that they’re to be joining them on the mainland in the metropolis, Elysian, a dark force surrounds the siblings, smacking Rush away from his sister, who is then kidnapped, losing her talismen from their mother in the process. Rush grabs the talisman, using its power to defeat the grunts holding him down as the leader escapes with Irina, using a flying remnant.

During his search for Irina, Rush discovers a battle between man and beastmen. He spots a female warrior whose garb looks like Irina’s, urging Rush to charge into the battlefield. After the fight, Rush and the warrior, Emma, fall into a cave, before being found by David Nassau, the Marquis of Athlum. The Marquis offers assistance in finding Irina, spurring them into an epic adventure.

Over the course of the game, the group from Athlum searched for a missing girl of emerging power to control remnants, discovered a conspiracy to use Irina to rule the world, and stopped a powerful being known simply as the Conqueror. The final moments of the adventure culminate in an epic battle between Athlum’s forces and the Conqueror. Rush finishes the battle and the overall war, by launching a full powered attack at the Conqueror. Irina screams out for him to stop, allowing Rush to realize that he and the Conqueror are both remnants in human form. He didn’t care as he poured more power into the bad guy, destroying both of them and all other remnants from their world.

*In total darkness*

Conqueror: “What will you do now?”

Rush: What do you think? I’m going back...They’re waiting for me.

Current Situation: Rush fought with all of his power to be able to return to the mortal world, however, he used it blindly, arriving in New York City with all of his weapons and powers, despite the destruction of the remnants. While he searched for a way to return to his world, he learned of the Protagonist-Legion war and fears for the safety of his friends and family, especially Irina and David.

Weapon: Rush came from his homeworld with his own power as well as an enchanted sword and polearm.

-The Superlative Bluesteel is an arcane sword, which means it is imbued with mystic energy in its creation and its improvement. The sword is made out of a steel metal that has a light blue color. An extra strip of metal was shaped into an S around the main blade, giving it a unique look and changing how its balance works. This means that others trying to use it may have balance issues at first. This weapon is capable of what’s known as a Weapon Art, Cerulean Rain.

-The Superlative Glaive is a polearm with a curved blade at the end of the pole. This allows Rush to attack an enemy from slightly farther away than a similar character with a sword. The Glaive is also an arcane weapon, though Rush hasn’t learned its unique Weapon Art yet.

Both weapons meet the prerequisite for Rush to cast Mystic Arts, as the arts need a focus for the spell and weapons are good focuses.

Stats -

Strength - 2 Rush generally relies on attacks with one of his weapons, hence he can cause some damage in melee range.
Agility - 2 Combat from his world consisted of mostly standing in one place and swinging things at enemies, not much movement made. Thus, he is not the most agile.
Stamina - 2 Using the logic from Agility, he has taken some pretty strong hits and is able to last a long time before falling. He also is a remnant and they can be very difficult to bring down.
Power - 2 While he may charge into battle more often than not, he has a variety of spells and arts to aid him and his allies in battle. He also has a very powerful summon he can bring forth to continue aiding others.
Reputation - 0 He woke up straight after the ending of his game, not many have heard of him, let alone the war participants.

Special Powers:

-As a remnant, Rush is fairly powerful in his own right, utilizing a high speed barrage of punches and kicks to assault many foes at once. This attack is known as the Omnistrike. Using the power of the talisman to awaken his inner power to deliver high powered punches and kicks to up to a small close-together group of 4 enemies. The final strike creates a small powerful shockwave that goes out twenty feet. Only usable once per fight. Needs two/three posts in the fight to become usable in the fourth post.

-Alongside his unique art, the Omnistrike, Rush has access to various mystic and herb arts that he can use in battle to harm or hinder enemies and assist allies. This makes Rush a jack of all trades, master of none. The spells and remedies he has available are as follows:
Spark (invocation): A small lightning bolt used to shock a nearby opponent.
Mystic Missile (evocation): Summons a small crystal to be launched at a foe at nearly any distance. Rush must be able to see the foe.
Poison Gas (hex): Creates a small cloud of poisonous gas to affect multiple enemies at once. Can poison them, as well as allies, so friendly fire is possible. Can only be used once per fight.
Bluff (psionic): Broadcasts a lie inside an enemy’s head to lower their morale. This does not harm the foe.
Protection/Ward (wards): Grants protection from a single hit from a physical and magical attack, respectively. Multiple hit attacks will only block the initial hit. Can only be granted to four allies per fight. Can’t be used on the same ally within a Story Arc.
Restore (remedy): Heals one ally moderately. Does nothing against status conditions.
Revitalize (remedy): Heals multiple allies at once. Works by jumping from one ally to another within five/ten feet from the one casted on. Cannot repeat by jumping back. Can be used only once per fight.
Fatal Eclipse (arcane): ***Requires at least three other characters capable of magic*** Channels everyone’s magic together to unleash an ancient magick spell across the entire battlefield, causing extreme damage to all foes. Only usable once per Story Arc Rush’s only spell that can’t hurt allies. Uses a massive amount of magic from all involved.
Cerulean Rain (weapon): Tosses the Bluesteel high into the air where his bond with the sword shines. The sword multiplies one hundred times, before the swords rain down on the battlefield. Is considered physical and magical, to the extent of not harming allies, but the swords stay around until his next post, becoming a physical detriment to the agile fighters. Can only be used once per Story Arc.
Restorative Herb (herbs): Crushes a pair of herbs to sprinkle over an ally to heal them by a moderate amount, less than Restore, but consumes herbs to use. Can be used when Silenced. Uses a Cureleaf and a Relaxing Herb.
Revival Herb (herbs): Crushes a pair of herbs to sprinkle over an ally to restore them to consciousness/life. Uses an incredibly rare herb that can’t be farmed. Uses a Restoleaf* and a Relaxing Herb.
Life Powder (herbs): Crushes the same herbs that are used for Restorative Herb in greater quantities (2) to apply healing to many allies. The powder can be carried to other allies. Good for six characters, Rush included. Heals less than Restorative Herb per person. Can only be used once per fight.
* - Very rare herb.
NOTE!All arts that are not Herb Arts or Weapon Arts are considered magical, and will be locked if Rush is silenced.

-The remnant boy is capable of summoning another remnant into battle. By channeling the power of his talisman, he is able to bring forth the Cyclops. This mechanical colossus has incredibly strength, stamina, and power, though it is very bulky and slow. The Cyclops is capable of a few unique arts. The Arm Whip is simply that, a giant sweeping attack with one of its very long arms. Catastrophe uses the mechanical hands of the giant spin very quickly before slamming into enemies, creating a shockwave that hurts everything in the surrounding area. Both of these attacks are capable of friendly fire, though it will emit a long groaning noise to alert allies of its motives. It’s final attack is a magic based projectile attack. Bone lets the Cyclops shoot two to three random bones from a humanoid skeleton at a foe very quickly.

-As a remnant of great power, Rush is capable of a last ditch burst of energy when he, his allies, or both are in dire straits. He’ll tap into the deep reserves of his power to launch a final assault on the target of his wrath. This well of power can only be accessed once every Story Arc, as it takes time to recharge. Depends on the damage he’s taken, this can triple his stats, doubling if he is heavily injured. The burst of power gained from this ability doesn’t last long, usually being expended in one solid attack. No matter the outcome of the attack, the expenditure of all that power will leave him too exhausted to do anything else, removing him from the fight. If injured, he will pass out.

Strengths:

-Great Buddy - Rush is a very loyal friend, both on and off the battlefield, never leaving someone behind or alone. He is also extremely friendly to those who aren’t downright weird or creepy looking.
-Remnant power! - Because he is a remnant, any other remnants that may be encountered can be manipulated by him, since he shares the same power source as the other artifacts. While most mortals would use part of their soul to use the remnant, Rush bypasses this requirement.
-Jack of All Trades - Since there are a plethora of arts at his disposal, there’s not a lot Rush can’t bring to any given situation.

Weaknesses:

-Self-Raised Kid - As he was raised on an isolated island with just his family, Rush may lack a lot of tact that common childhood interactions can develop. With a distinct lack of adult authority, Rush is also very quick to anger, provoking him into attacking without planning.
-Master of None - He may be capable of providing something for every occasion, the diversity spreads out his power, meaning each non-encompassing spell is fairly weak on its own, and won’t cause tremendous damage.
-Teenager - He is nineteen by the end of his homeworld adventure, so he is still fairly young and easily influenced by authority figures, people who are stronger than him, and pretty women. He won’t be driven into a stuttering state with the last, though it’ll be clear he might not be thinking with his brain.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Blue Nova

I really like this character, you can retire one of your old characters for this one. Approved!