Pokegirl: Chain of Souls (Mature RP)

Started by Dijeon, January 21, 2008, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dijeon

Greetings.

This is a not-quite-canon idea, created with base on a Pokegirl setting I have been working on, for a certain RP. The reason why I say 'not-quite-canon' is due to the fact that, frankly, I'm being forced to improvise a lot. The sites don't have enough information I need, and the important moments in the serie are nowhere in sight. Who's Mao? What's Team Viper? What are Coordinators? Such things, I can't find answers... so, for now, I'll try to ignore them, and focus on creating a storyline that just does fit.

So. Onto the story, then.

It is the year 308 AS. In the Slot Region, recovering from the disasters of fifty years ago at last, Tamers, Breeders, and Watchers are preparing themselves for a new journey. The various cities of the region prepare themselves for a new year of Taming, and even the Pokegirls have the feeling of this change that is coming, at last... everything, at last, feels perfect.

However... not everything is what it seems. In the shadows, beings exist, that are planning dreadful things... things that will affect this region in particular. A devious team is readying itself... a group of Pokegirls prepares to act... and behind it all, someone waits for the ultimate result. Even if this was not enough, there are the dreams... visions... mysteries. Right, wrong, truth, lies... are these concepts even correct, after all? Is the world as perfect as they believe, after all?

Many paths exist, in this world. Many ways of reaching the true path you were destined to, in life... and many ways of being trapped into a life you would not wish even to your greatest enemy, much less yourself. And with this, your allies will be affected, as well...

The chains of your souls are being formed. Will you forge stronger chains? Or shatter them to bits?

This... is up to you.

-=-

As stated, this is classified as a 'Mature RP'. The reason behind this tag? It's not a completely plotless, sex-dominated game, with sex every page. (Stunning, sure, but it'll be enjoyable regardless.) Rather, there is a definite plotline, and while this game is dynamic enough that you guys can affect it... this is a story, in a way. A few other details are that there are going to be some serious themes, treated with a critical eye and decided stations.

Finally, there is a good possibility of PLAYER death. This isn't like most RPs where death means remaking your new character... but revival is costy and, in a way, it's better that you not screw up, because if you die, it IS because you screw up. There will be serious deaths, silly deaths, frustrating deaths, and even stupid deaths. No, I don't want you guys dying either. But well, given my gaming history... this is likely to be truth.

Also, this game will require some detailed profiling, unlike usual. At the very least, be aware that you can be a beginner Tamer, Breeder, or Watcher, or a Pokegirl of nearly any type. No Legendaries, obviously, but preferrably base-level so the development will be good. Lastly, the setting is, if you don't know, the Slot League. Meaning you DON'T have to know anything about it to want to play this game.

Time for some fun...

kongming

I might be interested in at least giving this a try. Could you link to some of the sites that have information? I remember reading up on it some time ago, but I'm too lazy to just Google it :3
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

kongming

Well, I read up a little, and I'd like to give it a try. You seem to want to make something decent out of this, which impresses me given:
A. Pokemon itself isn't very substantial (even the recent games follow the same simple formula)
and B. Come on, look at the names of these. They make me wince.

So I'm interested in seeing where you're going with it. However, lately I've been a bit slow in posting in general, and I'd likely to be a bit slower with this game so as to think things through properly, when needed. Perhaps you over-emphasised that bit, and it's really just "low-sex, and requires thinking and planning and serious business." relative to Pokegirls normally.

My basic idea is to play a Tamer who is fairly new to the job, even if she started a bit older - maybe in her early thirties? I see her as having settled down a little bit, and being very calm, kind and caring. I picked out a bunch of (mostly non-Rare) Pokegirls I'd like to start with, based on whether you'd allow only the starting 1 of a "straight from the training course" Tamer or the hard limit of 6 or whatever. Most are the clingy, attention-wanting kinds or those that bring out the urge to nurture and care.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Dijeon

To answer your many questions...

1-Yes, I'm trying to make something decent. Got help from someone with more experience and better with it.

2-I understand a 'low posting speed', but PLEASE go 'once a day at best, once a week at worst' rather than 'once a week at best, once a month at worst'. And yes, it does involve thinking and planning.

3-Early thirties isn't 'a bit older'. She can't have been 'fairly new to the job' if she's settling down right now. Also, please PM me with the Pokegirls you want to start out with so I can judge it.

kongming

I can swing a post per week, definitely. And they should be decent posts as a result. If I get back into things properly, then you might see a post per day.

Hmm, that's a good point you make there. I suppose then, it'd make more sense to have her be in her late teens, sort of "Just finished school properly, and instead of going out and trying for some kind of evil corporation to give her a job, she'd rather do her part for the world, and put her caring nature to good use."

I'll send you the PM with the list, and any reasoning on why I like them. Heck, this way, even if you only want me to start with one, you know which ones I'd be most interested in encountering and possibly catching later. Granted, I only read up to about D, so there are many more you can easily surprise me with.

I'll send that PM now. I hope you don't mind all the questions and ideas and stuff.

Ons/Offs:

Dijeon

Late teens works fine, alright.

That's two people definitely interested... let's see if more people will join.

Serenity Vixen

Ummmmm... I wouldn't mind being one of Kongmings pokegirls, if she would be interested in having me, especially if I could be feline-based :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Dijeon

Actually, because of the type of Tamer she chose, I'm going to be using a 'separate parties' concept, so... it's a lot more likely that you two don't end up together at first. I'm still mapping the early game setting.

But thanks for applying, anyway. You already have an idea for the character you want to be?

BK Geno

Would be interested in being a tamer. Already in the Pokegirl.org site under the same name, so I have a 'basic' ( ::) )idea as to what is going on.
Panic is ALWAYS an appropriate answer!

Dijeon

Alright... and the last (for now) guy ought to be joining in soon... still, could you please PM me the Pokegirls you'd like your character to get in his Harem (might or might not join in, but are the ones he'll meet)?

Antone

Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

Dijeon

Hi there...

Anyway, here is the basic profile. You can play as however many characters you can handle, BUT... if you're a Tamer, you can't be a Pokegirl in your own Harem (usually; certain situations may change it), and I'd rather you not try and have sex with yourself. That's my job.

That said, here it goes:

Name: Your first name, middle name, nickname, second middle name, last name, second last name. (Most people only have a first name and a last name.)
Age: How old you are. Minimum of eighteen for humans and sixteen for Pokegirls.
Specie: Human for humans, and a random specie for Pokegirls. Unless you absolutely have to (and have a VERY GOOD REASON), you're going to be either a base form or a first evolution (in the case of stuff like Kittens and Ingenues). And you're NOT the strongest Pokegirl in the world, too.
Appearance: How you look like. Don't forget to point out your clothes if you wear any.
Personality: This is to let people know what kind of person you are. I favor originality, by the way.
Blood Gifts/Blood Curses: Male humans only. Female humans Threshold, so they are Pokegirls at this point in time.
Extraneous Details: Stuff like 'favorite food', 'common hobbies', or 'prefers to Tame on a tree'. Namely, whatever doesn't go anywhere else.

kongming

Name: Dominka Hagen
Species: Human
Appearance:
With pale skin and dark brown hair, it would surprise people to know that Dominka spends so much time outdoors. She has the complexion, and even the slender, almost awkward, build of someone who doesn't get out much, yet this is not the case. She actually has a lot of energy, though she isn't very strong, and her usual serene look and tranquil smile would lead people to assume she is lacking in energy. Her hair is nearly always brushed back, and held in place with a small headband beneath her ever-present hat.

Clothes:
When out and about, there are two main sets of clothes Dominka wears. The first is a light dress, going halfway down her shins, with a faint floral pattern on it. It is sleeveless, and she wears a simple watch and a gold bracelet on her arms. For her feet, plain sandals, and finally, a white, floppy hat, a cross between a beanie and a beret.

The other outfit is a little more fashionable, consisting of jeans (held up with a black belt), a green tank-top, a white puffy jacket, trainers, and as usual, the floppy white hat. She still never wears gloves, preferring to be able to touch and hold things.

Personality:
Dominka has always loved creation and nature. She likes to do gardening, sewing, woodwork... to make things. She also values and respects all life, and very easily develops close bonds with those she is around for any great length of time. She is one to quickly love and care for any Pokegirls in her possession. She sees them not as pets or tools, but as companions, and has a tendency to dote on them.

Around other humans, she is also friendly, cheerful and polite, however she acts reasonably reserved at first, right up until the moment requires a burst of energy.

Extraneous Details:
Favourite colour: bright, leafy green
Favourite food: lemon cheesecake (with tea)

Ons/Offs:

kylie

"PLAYER death"???  I do so hope you mean PC death.  While you're at it, go on and tell me my "gender" is between my legs.  Sure ;)

But seriously.  This sounds very interesting, if you open up more slots.

Dijeon

kongming: This one is interesting. Accepted.

kylie: Yes, there's still openings.

kongming

Yay!

I don't mind if other people want to play my Pokegirls or if Dijeon does that as the GM. It all works for me. Likewise the list I presented is sort of a wishlist, so whatever anyone has in mind still works. I mostly just picked ones that have the basic personality of "Cute, complete sook, but if I dote on it enough it'll be very spoiled and loyal."

(So, basically just like my pet dog *giggle*)

Ons/Offs:

LordAnubis

Still looking for tamer's or all filled up?

Serenity Vixen

Am I the only one wanting to play a pokegirl?  :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Dijeon

I *would* prefer more Pokegirls, indeed... so, can you new guys try to make Pokegirl characters as well?

Zerophex

Well, I was invited and well, this is an interesting idea... so I think I'll fill the void with a few Pokegirls as main characters.

-------------------------------

Name: Elysia
Specie: Little Miss
Appearance: A short, pudgy Pokegirl, with violet-colored hair with curved shapes around her head and a pair of yellow antennae. Her skin is light blue in her face and front, with an additional yellow 'cover' over her small chest. Her shoulders have violet-colored protections shaped like rings, as do the points of contact between her legs and body, and she has three small yellow dots placed on top of her large butt. Two insectoid wings, on her back, complete the image.
Personality: Fiercely independant or rather just plain fierce, Elysia might be small but she take up a lot of space. Extremely aggressive and dedicated to whatever she's doing, those who oppose her might find pain or annoyance in her. For some reason, Elysia tends to have a distaste for sex and what she consider to be "whores" and "common idiot males". Under the frustrated, greatly angered exterior, there's probably a very sweet Pokegirl... but few are those who ever got her trust. Still, if she do have one quality is that despite her aggressivity, she is greatly loyal and will do everything in her power to help her friends. Elysia is more at ease when leading and ordering people around than being ordered ; on her own, she prefer to be a leader or just plain act alone and if travelling with a human, she will assume Alpha position... regardless of what the Tamer and the Pokegirls have to say about it.
Extraneous Details: Strangely animalistic in her behaviour even for a Pokegirl, Elysia prefer nature to technology... yet, strangely enough, she have an almost innate knowledge of technology, both widely-used and Old Tech. One should note that Elysia is an extremely rare case for a Pokegirl: she is genuinely straight... which means that she can't get off females (and by extension, other Pokegirls). In fact, she tend to be hostile to sexual advances from other females.

Name: Flavia
Specie: Cyndacunt
Appearance: Covered in black, short, smooth fur, Flavia isn't very much near-human with her round, hair-less head, long snout, and clawed hands and feet. She do have nice curves... but she do seem to have larger breasts than she should, hips smaller than she should (although nowhere near small), and overall less than harmonious curves. She also happen to have spots of red fur on her back from which flames sometimes emerge. All in all, she's not quite the looker but there's worse.
Personality: It is rare to find a Pokegirl as independant and determined to stay as such as this one. Flavia doesn't like to be ordered... at all. She is dellusioned toward Tamers as a whole. Flavia is abnormally smart and is highly sarcastic and cynical, making her nasty in terms of company. Still... deep down, she hate to see people suffer and although she might seem like she gave up about the world, she truly didn't...
Extraneous Details: For some strange reason, Flavia knows much about human technology and society and can actually live by herself without the help of a Tamer. Still, she have limited vision and thus, have difficulties with many things.

Name: Claudia
Specie: Pia
Appearance: Covered in yellow fur and bipedal, Claudia has a mostly human frame but her face is closer to that of a mouse and she have very long, very large ears with a black border. Her pink cheeks are not for show ; they hold the electric pouches that produce and house her gathered energy for attacks. Claudia has a natural thin collar of black fur near on the base of her neck and she have a black, short thunderbolt-shaped tail. Despite being a Pia, Claudia is an early bloomer and although she have yet to evolve and thus reach her final proportions, Claudia is definitely mature. In fact, this is the paradox regarding her appearance. In Pokegirl standarts, her breasts and hips are under-developed... yet, her breasts are, compared to that of humans, huge without being grotesquely big and her overall curves are harmonious and balanced. Due to this, to whoever overlook the Pokegirl standarts, they will find Claudia to be absolutely, totally drop-dead sexy.
Personality: Almost always happy and optimistic, Claudia is highly curious and wishes to learn everything about the world she live in. As such, she make good company. Yet, she is not just a happy, slightly hyper active girl and when the need arise, she become deathly serious without losing her optimism. Due to this, Claudia is at home both as a leader and as a lower-ranked Pokegirl. Potential Tamers should however keep in mind that Claudia knows much about humans and their society and have rather original desires that are quite distant from what most Pokegirls ask for.
Extraneous Details: Claudia, despite being a Pia, is far from a pushover. When the need arise, she is known to concentrate to such a point that she reach a state that is similar to a trance, allowing her to pull off techniques and maneuvers that a Pia shouldn't be able to pull off. One should also note that Claudia is totally straight ; she cannot get off females and other Pokegirls. Although she's not hostile to same sex attempts, they always leave her cold.

Hopefully, those profiles are all right.

The three characters will not begin together. I request that Claudia will run into one of the other players' Tamer characters near the beginning.
Plot over sex, people!

Mew: adorable three feet-tall kitten! In a single mental blast, she nukes entire city blocks!

Will do: anything as long as it doesn't involve herms, scat, vore, and inflation. Exceptions are unlikely.

Dijeon

Accepted, accepted, accepted, and request accepted!

Now for more people to send their profiles...

Serenity Vixen

How is this?

Name: Tigra
Species: Tigress The Feline Fighting Pokegirl
Type: Animorph: Very near Human
Element: Fighting
Frequency: Uncommon
Diet: Milk, Fish, Meat, Human Style Foods
Libido: Average, Bi-sexual
Strong Vs: Bug, Dark, Ice, Normal, Rock, Steel
Weak Vs: Flying, Psychic
Attacks: Bite, Scratch, Slash, Pummel
Enhancements: Enhanced Olfactory Senses (x6), Enhanced Hearing (x5), Enhanced Agility (x3), Enhanced strength (x5), Quick Recovery time, Claws, night vision

Appearance:
Standing about 5 1/2' tall in excellent physical condition with wild silky orange-red hair down past her waist, emerald green-slitted eyes, and flawless deep orange skin that appears to be hairless below her eyebrows with the tail being the only exception. Small orange cat-like ears poke from her hair on either side of her head, and an orange and black striped tail stretches about 3' behind her. Her hands and feet, though human in appearance, contain specially hardened and sharp claw-like fingernails that can be extended and retracted.

Clothes:
Human decency laws being what they are, Tigra is forced to wear clothing when in cities, although her preference is to be nude when possible. Her usual attire consists of black shorts and halter top trimmed in red with a red collar around her neck with an abnormally large bell attached to it.

Personality:
Tigra is curious, and has a usual tendency to be friendly in spite of her slightly feral appearance, she is usually playful and friendly. She generally gets along well with other pokegirls and humans alike, and becomes very loyal to friends and loved ones. She can be a deadly opponent when angered, and has pride in her abilities that will not let her purposely lose a fight.

Evolves: Panthress (mistreatment), Ebony Tigress (mechanism unknown), Titter (mechanism unknown), Sabretooth Tigress (Diamond Stone (eaten), Dawn Stone (does NOT have to be eaten)
Evolves From: Catgirl (battle stress), Goth (by Sarcastic Goth sub-types only; battle stress)
The black stripped reddish-orange fur, sleek feline muscles, tail and cat ears are traits of the often sought after Tigress. Their passionate nature, insatiable appetite and wild manner mean this girl is a wild one in bed, indeed the phrase "Tigress in bed" refers to this, setting a standard that all other Pokégirls are judged by.

Extraneous Details:
Favourite color: Black and Red
Favourite food: Meat, Milk
Least favorite food: Carrots, Brussel Sprouts
Dislikes: Fire, Heights

Dijeon

While 'Accepted', allow me to clean up your profile...

Name: Tigra
Species: Tigress

Appearance:
Standing about 5 1/2' tall in excellent physical condition with wild silky orange-red hair down past her waist, emerald green-slitted eyes, and flawless deep orange skin that appears to be hairless below her eyebrows with the tail being the only exception. Small orange cat-like ears poke from her hair on either side of her head, and an orange and black striped tail stretches about 3' behind her. Her hands and feet, though human in appearance, contain specially hardened and sharp claw-like fingernails that can be extended and retracted.

Clothes:
Human decency laws being what they are, Tigra is forced to wear clothing when in cities, although her preference is to be nude when possible. Her usual attire consists of black shorts and halter top trimmed in red with a red collar around her neck with an abnormally large bell attached to it.

Personality:
Tigra is curious, and has a usual tendency to be friendly in spite of her slightly feral appearance, she is usually playful and friendly. She generally gets along well with other pokegirls and humans alike, and becomes very loyal to friends and loved ones. She can be a deadly opponent when angered, and has pride in her abilities that will not let her purposely lose a fight.

Extraneous Details:
Favourite color: Black and Red
Favourite food: Meat, Milk
Least favorite food: Carrots, Brussel Sprouts
Dislikes: Fire, Heights

Serenity Vixen

Perfect, thank you :) She is awesome :)