How About Some D&D?

Started by OldSchoolGamer, February 13, 2007, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnookums

Soooooo....if Powers and Pantheons is permitted can I play a Specialty Priest of Lurue? I played one for a decent amount of time back when I was still playing 2nd Edition and I really enjoyed playing her.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: schnookums on February 27, 2007, 02:48:00 AM
Soooooo....if Powers and Pantheons is permitted can I play a Specialty Priest of Lurue? I played one for a decent amount of time back when I was still playing 2nd Edition and I really enjoyed playing her.

Tell me more about the deity and the priesthood.

schnookums

Well, Lurue herself is the goddess of talking animals and good magical creatures. She's mainly the patron of unicorns and pegasi, but she does have human (and humanoid) followers(the goddess herself being depicted as a Unicorn). She herself is a very whimsical goddess, given to wanderlust and the like and  Her priesthood is fairly loosely organized, with her priestesses working towards providing aid and comfort to the needy, helping dreamers and questers, encouraging the spread of joy and hope (they seem to me to be a bit quixotic, but that's just me.) Her priesthood tend to be struck with wanderlust and the like, very adventurous and that sort. (I'm trying to make a concise version of what they've got in Power's and Pantheons) I can give me detail from the book but that's a basic summery.

Muse

Oh, cool!  The preists of the Lion and the Unicorn in the same party!  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

schnookums

Only if I get the okay to play her, which hopefully will happen

RubySlippers

If we have two priests I won't play one also.

schnookums

Hmm, I hope I didn't derail your concept there, Ruby....

Muse

Don't be silly, ruby, you can never have too many priests! 

In my case, I'm more like a ranger with some healing spells, and a Silvermaid is more like a cavalier who talks to animals anyway.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OldSchoolGamer

With all these priests, we should have some nice religious wars here.

"You god is wimpy! "

"My goddess can kick your god's ass! "

"No she can't! "

schnookums

Heh, so does that mean I can play my priestess of Lurue then?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: schnookums on March 03, 2007, 05:18:58 PM
Heh, so does that mean I can play my priestess of Lurue then?

The prevalence of priests in the party neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.  I'm not going to reject any character (excepting elves) as long as the character is fair and within the scope of first level.  Now, not having enough wizards and warriors might make YOUR lives more complicated.  But I always leave it to players to negotiate out issues of party balance and composition.

Remember, evil characters are welcome too.

schnookums

I just figured I'd ask since you wanted info on the priesthood, you might have decided her religion did not fit in your world.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: schnookums on March 03, 2007, 07:59:47 PM
I just figured I'd ask since you wanted info on the priesthood, you might have decided her religion did not fit in your world.

Ah...yes...I can pretty much fit any religion in...just a question of plot twists.  Actually I liked it.  Go ahead and get the character together and we'll go from there.