Wizard of Oz with a Dark Twist [Accepting Players!]

Started by Dark Deception, July 23, 2010, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Here's another idea I had. Yes, Wizard of Oz with a dark twist. We have to kill the great and all powerful oz. Every character must have a dark twist to them. Even Toto. Think American McGee's Alice.

Oh yeah, it doesn't have to be just the characters from the Wizard of Oz, it can be the characters from your old dark fairy tale stories like Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, etc. We can make this story more than just about Oz.

Need Beast, Little Red Riding Hood, Mad Hatter or Cheshire Cat or anyone from Alice in Wonderland to be Alice's partner in crime!

Be sure to read the character thread to know which characters are taken. The Character Thread ---> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=81633.0

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dark Deception

I almost forgot about the Wicked Witch of the West, but we may destroy her and the East too because the Wicked Witch of the East was such a damn barbie, and it just kills the darkness of the RP to be so goodie-gum drop good. So if you plan to make characters make sure their storylines are fucked up. For example:

Dorothy's father was an abusive alcoholic and her mother was on the drugs and was too depressed to do anything. Thus, Dorothy grew up the way she did and when one day an enchanted dark tornado comes ripping through Kansas to take her to the craziest world ever: Oz. Get my drift? Let me know all who is interested in this because I know I am, and regardless if I get people here or I have to go somewhere else, I will do this! Because I love the idea!

Idachan

Damn it! Why do more and more interesting games keep pop up?

kckolbe

Hm.  I wonder if the scarecrow will be replaced by an animated inflatable doll.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ravyn

I am definitely interested in this.  I'd like to play a canon character with a dark twist though of course...but I wonder if there's room for original characters as well?
Ons and Offs

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it's worth.
-Terence McKenna

Dark Deception

Hm...it just depends if you still think the story will be as strong playing an OC since the fun part was taking a canon known to be one way and twisting that around in a way that it would just wow people. Also, the scarecrow I believe would be too bad ass to be a blow up doll. I thought someone would make him evil and have some twisted fetish for brains or something lol.

Ravyn

Alright that's understandable.  Well, do you have a template for characters yet?
Ons and Offs

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it's worth.
-Terence McKenna

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 23, 2010, 10:05:48 PM
Hm...it just depends if you still think the story will be as strong playing an OC since the fun part was taking a canon known to be one way and twisting that around in a way that it would just wow people. Also, the scarecrow I believe would be too bad ass to be a blow up doll. I thought someone would make him evil and have some twisted fetish for brains or something lol.

I could picture the scarecrow shambling around.  "Brains...brains...must feed on brains..."

luphawk

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 23, 2010, 06:27:31 PM
it just kills the darkness of the RP to be so goodie-gum drop good.

not if she only shows up for a minute and gets killed, then it would be more like dark hummer.

anyway, I’m not promising anything but I’m interested.  I was thinking of doing todo as a sort of reveres werewolf, instead of a human who takes on K9 aspects a K9 who takes on human aspects.

I can just see a seen ware the good witch shows up and is so annoyingly good that Dorothy gives todo a look and he grins and becoming more menacing he jumps her, tearing her apart and maybe rapping her while he’s at it.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Dark Deception

There we go we got people enjoying the RP already and it hasn't even started yet lol. I'll write up a template if you guys want to go ahead and start brainstorming on your characters. If we get a Dorothy then the Todo player will have a partner in crime and we'll also have our main character in this. I personally was going to play The Big Bad wolf, but call him Big Bad, and if I have to play something else because his existence without a Red Riding Hood is too farfetched, then I can do that too trust me. But yeah, I'll post up the template and we can match people together and plot stuff before I write the OOC. I can write an OOC pretty quick (less than a day).

Dark Deception

[b]Alias[/b]: (as in what fairy tale character if not from Oz)
[b]Age[/b]:  (if applicable)
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Basic Appearance[/b]: (pic and brief description if pic doesn't summarize)
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Psychological Disorder(s)[/b]: (any problems or fetishes go here)
[b]Background[/b]: (I expect a brief dark story here lol)
[b]Partner[/b]: (if your character comes from a story where he or she is usually with another or whoever you choose as a partner can go here. If no one, then no one.)
[b]Current Story[/b]: (What is he or she doing now)

[b]Weaponry[/b]: (If he or she carries anything and it can also be natural weaponry such as teeth or claws)

Let me know if I should add anything to this CS. Honestly, if you wish to add something more and it isn't covered here, then do so. Also, if you feel some things written here are irrelevant to your character, then feel free to just not fill it in.

Ravyn

I wouldn't mind playing little red riding hood if you don't mind.
Ons and Offs

-Terence McKenna

Dark Deception

Of course not. I will be posting my CS tomorrow since it's 2am here lol. I only had energy to post once at this hour. But yeah, I hope to get some more interesting characters from you guys. Down with Oz!

Dark Deception

Alias: The Big Bad Wolf prefers "Big Bad"
Height: Varies upon form
Weight: Varies upon form
Basic Appearance: One
Two
Three
Four
Thus, it depends on what form he chooses. He is also known to dress transexually for no apparent reason when guised as a human.
Personality: Big Bad wasn't always as bad as he is now. The wolf before his change was but a wild and starving creature, but no sympathy for a dire wolf, ya? He roams silently behind his master, protecting her wherever she goes until her desires give him a new and much darker face. Big enough for her to ride and with features as gentle as a fawn, the wolf's true nature is but obscured.
Dislikes: The woodsmen that gutted him and starving
Psychological Disorder(s): Vore along with a bad eating disorder
Background: Uh...hm...well let's see. Our meeting was a rather peculiar one. While the red, little slut was frolicking about the forest...oh you know how the story goes. I dressed as her grandmother and ate the bitches up. It wasn't until that cock-block of a woodsmen came and chopped me open that my life was never the same again. For you see, he imbued within my body these strange stones that have not only altered who I am, but have bound me to her.

I am not so easily tamed but ooh...her body is delicious and so are the souls of those who get in her way. Hey diddle-diddle, my sweets, the Big Bad wolf shall have you.

Partner: Little Red
Current Story: to be discussed

Weaponry: Teeth, claws, wit, and unsatiable appetite. His dark abilities are another weapon.

BlueEyedBard

b]Alias[/b]: Alice in Wonderland - Cheshire Cat
Height:3ft (cat form) 6ft (human)
Weight: 15lbs (cat) 150 (human)
Basic Appearance: Cat form, Anthro form

Personality: Insane, manipulative, dominant, madd, extreme fetishes toward leading people subconsciously, often appears as a friend for his own amusement.
Dislikes: Being dominated, being outsmarted, not getting his way
Psychological Disorder(s): Fetish for manipulation, controlling disorders
Background: What do you do when you exist for eternity? For the first few centuries you try to do good and help others with your abilities. Then you become a normal person, with a normal life and a family. Then everyone you know and love grow old and die around you, this drives you insane. Slowly you will begin to destroy the peoples lives around you until you are confronted with it, this will cause you to become angry and destructive until everyone who knew you as  normal person is gone. That's when you get bored.
The Cheshire cat found this boredom stage the worst. there was nothing to do with life when life its self meant nothing. That's when he met Alice. A young girl lost in his world. She was so alone, so scared, she didn't have a friend in this world. Oh how a being so insane must feel in their world.
He went to her, made her trust him, became her friend, before long he could make her do anything he wanted, and he did. He was even able to walk straight to her death at the hands of the Red Queen.
Cheshire did this again and again, lost person after lost person, enjoying their fear, reveling in the power he had over them. Soon the power he got from this lust opened new doors for him, he could now not only travel from place to place in his world, but he could travel to other worlds as well. He was now not just waiting for his prey, he was hunting it.   
Partner: No one unless an Alice joins, but nobody has to do that.
Current Story:  Not sure yet...

Weaponry: Dimensional/time space powers, manipulation
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Dark Deception

Yeah it is. I realized I had a code fail in my code which made your CS all bold lol. I'll go fix it.

Idachan

Well, here is a quick little take on a character I'd be interested in playing. Let me know if you want me to elaborate more.

Alias: The Little Match Girl aka Darla
Height: 154 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Basic Appearance:

Personality: Shy and timid, Darla is afraid of conflict and would rather just have a comfortable life than anything so called exciting happening to her.
Dislikes: Being cold, the rain, people shouting at her, her father's belt.
Psychological Disorder(s): Has trouble with hallucinations. While she doesn't like it Darla gravitates towards people who will hurt her because that's what she is used to.
Background: Darla's family is poor, dirt poor. Her mother is a cold woman who fully expects her children to do their share of work for the family while Darla's father is a violent drunk, expecting full obediance from everyone in his family and if he doesn't get it, he's not afraid of taking out his belt to punish the offender. Darla's education has been poor to say the least but she can read and write albeit not very advanced. When she was sixteen she dropped out of school to work for her family full time, having allready been doing that since she was thirteen in reality, mostly pushing drugs or letting men take pictures of her in different stages of undress aided by some substance or the other.
Partner: no one
Current Story: Darla has been sent out with a couple of bags of joints to sell and told to not come back if even one is left. The night is cold and with only a rather thin dress, a pair of old and chaffed boots and a cardigan to protect her, Darla is freezing.

Weaponry: A simple pocket switchblade in case someone tries ty mug her.

Dark Deception

So is she going to die high? lol joking. She's all right. I feel she'll get harassed by the team just for being so pathetic lol.

BlueEyedBard

The Cheshire will probably help her out in that department  >:)
On/Off

Idachan

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 25, 2010, 09:51:46 AM
So is she going to die high? lol joking. She's all right. I feel she'll get harassed by the team just for being so pathetic lol.

Yeah well, I'm not sure how it will start but if it was following regular little Match Girl story, then yes, she would die stoned. And harassed for being pathetic.

Ravyn

I'm working on a CS for Little Red.  I'll just update this post when I'm finished.
Ons and Offs

-Terence McKenna

luphawk

I need a Dorothy, if it comes to maybe I’ll just have her be toto’s first victim but I’d rather not.  It accrued to me that maybe the good witch gets her power from her wand and if that was the case maybe Dorothy could pick it up when toto is don, she wouldn’t have much control because she really doesn’t know how to use it but it would be interesting.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Dark Deception

She's not really a boss, but it does sound like a game artifact. "You have acquired Glinda's wand." lol Yeah, if we don't get a Dorothy (the main character in this whole RP), then this RP may not happen. Of course, Toto if you wanted, you could NPC her, but Oz ain't Oz without a Dorothy. But don't cry too much if this doesn't happen  :-\. Just wasn't the season if that's the case.