Dark Convent - Freeform NC, Vampire Nuns Recruitment Thread (CLOSED)

Started by DrMcQuark, January 21, 2020, 11:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMcQuark

Inspired by VonDoom's Convent of Blasphemy

WARNING: This game may include triggering or offensive content, including non-consensual sex, blood, and violence.

Deep in the forests of Romania an ancient convent has resided since the times of the Ottoman Empire. The nuns of the convent have offered sanctuary to young women of good families, giving them an education and a place in the world away from the sin and depravity of the cities and towns.

However, the sin and depravity of the outside world is nothing compared to that found within the walls of the Convent of St. Lilith. The corrupted Sisters of the convent worship a different lord; a dark mistress who has given them eternal life as vampires as long as they bring new worshippers into their fold. The Sisters do not offer salvation, but corruption of the soul through sins of the flesh and offerings of innocence and blood.

Of the women who come to the convent, some remain as part of the growing dark sisterhood while others are sent back out into the world to corrupt other innocent women. Those who cannot be corrupted during their time in the convent as well, it would be best not to think of them. As for men, they have little use for them other than as toys of amusement and sources of sustenance.

Now, the right moment draws near that the Sisters of Lilith have been preparing for centuries. The time when they will go out into the world to take it for themselves in the name of their dark lady where humans will be brought under their heel and serve their only purpose; to feed their unholy desires.

However, there are also those who have worked for centuries to keep the evil the Sisters would bring to the world at bay. The Order of the Silver Cross, a secret intelligence organization headquartered in the catacombs under the Vatican, has been engaged in a secret war with the Sisters of Lilith for centuries.

They too know that the moment draws near. The moment when the light and the darkness will clash in a final battle that will decide the fate of humanity forever.

Dark Convent is a semi-sandbox game which players may choose to play either a vampire sister or one of the forces of good aligned against them (or both). Missions or objectives will be available that will advance the overall story. Consequences can be dire depending on the outcome and could include, but not limited to, corruption/conversion, capture and torture, death, or worse. Players can also simply play out encounters and their own story without necessarily getting involved in the missions or objectives.

The GM(s) will be the official timekeeper and will advance time and date a minimum of once approximately every two weeks or more often if all missions/objectives have been completed.

While not required, it's urged that players join the Discord server to keep up on the latest game information and announcements. (Send me a DM for an invite.)

Character Ideas

• Sister of St. Lilith: A vampire nun of the order and dedicated to the tenets of Lilith to corrupt all women and ascend to rule the world in Her name.
  • Novitiate: Newly arrived at the convent and not yet aware of the true nature of the nuns of St. Lilith. Will you easily be corrupted or find the strength to resist temptation?
  • Sister of the Silver Order: Trained in combating the evil of the nuns of St. Lilith, they seek to utterly destroy their enemy and safeguard the world from their corruption.
  • Hunter: Someone trained to hunt down and destroy vampires and other supernatural beings.
  • Mage: A user of light or dark magics. Could be on either side.
  • Independent Vampire: Vampires not associated with the nuns of St. Lilith who have their own agendas.
  • Thrall or other vampire ally: Still human with useful skills or simply a willingness to be dinner.
This is just a very short idea list. I'm open to discuss any character.

Vampiric Powers
Since vampires from different sources have differing strengths, powers and weaknesses, I am including a listing of what vampires can do in this setting.

Vampiric powers (standard):

• Fangs/claws
  • Immortality
  • Immunity to normal damage
  • Supernatural strength and speed
  • Enhances senses (darkvision, superior hearing and smell)
Vampiric powers (additional): (Select up to three)

• Mesmerism
  • Telepathy
  • Shape Change (specify wolf, bat, mist, rat, etc.)
  • Shadow control
  • Invisibility
  • Clinging
  • Summon Minions
  • Flight
Vampiric weakness (required):

• Repelled by holy symbols wielded by the faithful
  • Allergy to silver
  • Sunlight destroys vampires
  • Killed by wooden or iron stake driven through the heart
  • Holy water burns
Vampiric weakness (additional): (Select at least one)

• Bloodlust
  • Canot enter a private dwelling without permission
  • Cannot cross running water
  • Cannot stand on consecrated land
  • Player's choice

CS Template:
[float=left][img height=300 padding=10]PHOTO LINK[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b] [url=CS ADDRESS]Character Name[/url]
[b]Aliases:[/b] Other names your character is known by
[b]Faceclaim (If Known):[/b] Person cast in your role
[b]Played By:[/b] [url=PROFILE ADDRESS]Your Elliquiy handle[/url]
[b]Character Type:[/b] Vampire, hunter, demon, etc.

[b]Biography:[/b] History of your character
[b]Personality:[/b] What is your character like? Goals, ambitions, relation with others.
[b]Powers/Skills:[/b] What is your character good at. (Limit three.)
[b]Weakness/Flaws:[/b] What is your character's Achilles' heel? What personality flaws do they have?
[b]Likes, Kinks and Fetishes:[/b] Things your character gets off on.
[b]Hard Offs:[/b] Hard limits for your character.
[b]Additional Information:[/b] Anything else about your character.

Please send me your character via PM. Once it is approved, I will post it in the character thread.

Threads
Recruitment Thread
Character Thread
OOC Thread
Convent IC Thread
The City IC Thread
Bathory IC Thread
Order of the Silver Cross IC Thread

Game Rules
Most of this is common sense and pretyy ubiquitous for Elliquiy games, but they also bear repeating:

• RESPECT!: Respect your fellow writers and their ons/offs.
  • No God-modding: Keep your fingers to yourself and don't make moves for someone else's character. (See Rule 1)
  • Communicate: Most issues can be resolved through communication with other players and/or with the GM(s). Make use of the Discord channel or the OOC thread. If you're going to be away for a while, please drop a line if you're able.

Final Notes

This will be my very first game as a GM on Elliquiy. While I have 40+ years of RPG experience and have run several online games on Storium, this will take some getting used to on my part. I ask for your patience and understanding.

My focus is on strong storytelling and writing. Eroticism and sex will feature heavily, but good character and motivation are required.

I would also welcome a co-GM if anyone has any interest in filling that role.

I'm really looking forward to getting this off the ground and hope to find players who are just as excited.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

Nowherewoman

Tossing tentative interest in here, with a character along the lines we discussed, Doc.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 21, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
Tossing tentative interest in here, with a character along the lines we discussed, Doc.

Sounds great! Once we get a couple more interests, I'll open up the Character Thread.

DrMcQuark

I've added a character sheet template if you would like to work from that for your character concept.

Mimetisme

*Waves hand excitedly* Consider me as very interested.
♦ A&A/Post Tracker Updated 03-19-2020 (1 of 9 posts owed)
♦ O/O STILL Under massive reconstruction
POSTING RATE: A few hours - 72 Hours, excluding weekends.
(I vanish Friday nights & return Monday at some point, generally)

☙≈ Ons & Offs
☙≈ A&A, Chat & Post Tracker

Totoro

I love the concept. Not sure I have the time but I do like the idea a lot.

Nowherewoman

MIME!  *glomp*

OK, will try to get a draft charsheet to you after work tonight, Doc. It's gonna take a little work.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Mimetisme

*Squeals and hug clutch squeezes" NWW!! (I never know what to call you)

The moment I read this, an instant character came to mind that I never get to launch.

Just one hiccup. Is going the road of Sister of the Silver Order cool?

☙≈ Ons & Offs

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 25, 2020, 08:13:04 AM
MIME!  *glomp*

OK, will try to get a draft charsheet to you after work tonight, Doc. It's gonna take a little work.

No problem. Let me know if I can help any.

Quote from: Mimetisme on January 25, 2020, 08:21:13 AM
*Squeals and hug clutch squeezes" NWW!! (I never know what to call you)

The moment I read this, an instant character came to mind that I never get to launch.

Just one hiccup. Is going the road of Sister of the Silver Order cool?

Perfect!

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 25, 2020, 08:06:23 AM
I love the concept. Not sure I have the time but I do like the idea a lot.

I hope you can find the time. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Totoro

I have a couple of questions.

What time is the game set in? Is it modern-day?

And is this game only open to cis female characters? (Specifically with regards to trans, fluid or neutral characters.)

Mimetisme

It will be a few or so hours, but once I have CS buffed and polished, PM to you or post it here?

☙≈ Ons & Offs

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 25, 2020, 09:11:09 AM
I have a couple of questions.

What time is the game set in? Is it modern-day?

And is this game only open to cis female characters? (Specifically with regards to trans, fluid or neutral characters.)

The vampires of the dark convent would be female but perhaps trans, fluid or other through dark magics.

Sisters of the Silver Order would probably be strictly female.

That still leaves hunters, demons or other characters that would have all the options open.

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Mimetisme on January 25, 2020, 10:07:45 AM
It will be a few or so hours, but once I have CS buffed and polished, PM to you or post it here?

Excellent!

For now, let's post characters here and I'll provide feedback via PM.

Totoro

Quote from: DrMcQuark on January 25, 2020, 10:58:17 AM
The vampires of the dark convent would be female but perhaps trans, fluid or other through dark magics.

Sisters of the Silver Order would probably be strictly female.

That still leaves hunters, demons or other characters that would have all the options open.

Okay, awesome.

I just wanted to check what the choices were like. I'm pretty sure I'm interested and up for creating something.

Edit: Still not sure about the time period.

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 25, 2020, 11:26:41 AM
Okay, awesome.

I just wanted to check what the choices were like. I'm pretty sure I'm interested and up for creating something.

Edit: Still not sure about the time period.

Whoops! My bad.

Modern day.

Totoro

Quote from: DrMcQuark on January 25, 2020, 11:45:38 AM
Whoops! My bad.

Modern day.

No problem! Happens. Thank you for letting me know, it's what I thought but I didn't want to assume.

Mimetisme

Submitting CS for approval:

Lucetta “Cetta” Stefanelli

Character Name: Lucetta “Cetta” Stefanelli
Aliases: Lucia “Lucy” De Laurentiis
Faceclaim (If Known): Jenna Dewan
Played By: Mimetisme
Character Type: Hunter, Sister of the Silver Order

Biography: Twenty-four years ago, in and around the surrounding areas of Rome, Italy, there had been various articles that ran in newspapers. That was standard. However. A particular series questionably claimed there was a rise in “wild animal attacks”. The articles offered no pictures, were vague on the description of those “wild animals”. Vicious mawlings, teeth and claws, and worse. What never made it to the press was any hints as to who the survivors were that confirmed these attacks. The reality was there was none, except for one. That story was never published, let alone written.

Lucetta Stefanelli was born an orphan. The Nuns who had given her sanctuary and a home raised her on “With Our Savior, in His divine  Kingdom of Heaven.“ In her much younger years, that answer quieted her questions about where her Mommy and Daddy were. With time, it developed in asking why. “Do not question, know Our Savior has a plan for all His beloved children.” At the time, it was the best answer she would get. Then came the day in her early teen years. When she boldly would demand to know where her parents were. The Nuns fed her same old line. With God in His Kingdom. That answer was no longer good enough for Lucetta, not that she dared let it show.

In that same time period, the Nuns introduced a daily regime of “exercises” to Lucetta. Rigorous physique conditioning that was extensive but not altogether limited only to; Running, Acrobatics, Weight lifting, Boxing, Hand-to-hand combat, Training on the art of wielding a sword. One day, she walked away after getting her ass kicked one too many times in training. When scolded, she dared argue back by ignoring the matter at hand. Once and again, she demanded to know what really happened to her parents. It would be that day in her life when more than God was questioned.

It was when Lucetta was enlightened to many things. Demons. Vampires. Shifters. So many creatures inhabited this earth that were the embodiment of sins and true evil. That God had His chosen warriors on this earth that were born to the mission of purging the world of such atrocities. The Silver Order was one of them. It was them who came across her parents and the hellspawn who attacked her parents. Unfortunately, the Hellspawn had escaped. However,  they were able to remove her from her dead mother’s womb. A miracle and a divine sign from Him. God had spared her life. Not for vengeance. To be the embodiment of His grace and light against Evil.

Personality: At first, Lucetta comes across quietly reserved when on a mission. All business with a touch of snark and cockiness.  Though, in dealing with other people “outside” of work, she struggles to make personal connections in her being socially awkward. Attempts, constantly. Nothing sticks and what does, it does not last even a week. Finally, she also does what she does in hopes of finding the hellspawn that killed her parents someday. Or be it night.
Powers/Skills: Hand-to-hand Combatant, Swordsman
Weakness/Flaws: Lucetta’s greatest strength is also her weakness. Her faith in God. At times, Lucetta forgets that God can't be there to turn her from the temptation of “sin” every time it crosses her path. It is paired with why she tends to hesitate before making a kill at times. A hidden part of her secretly is in question of "Did they have a choice in what they are?” Beyond those two things, the fact she was sheltered in growing up, she never quite developed proper people skills.
Likes, Kinks and Fetishes: Poetry, Dancing, Working out/Training, sparring, the “kiss” (vampire bite), NonCon into Con, bondage, blind folds, blood play, fire play, knife play, wax play, deprivation of senses
Hard Offs: Eyeball trauma, D/s, Hardcore BDSM
Additional Information: It should be noted that in her “field of work”, she also has a more “normal” job. A barista at a small local coffee house that answers to the name Lucia “Lucy” De Laurentiis. It is also the name on the lease to her apartment and her driving license. Outside of the Silver Order, the world doesn't know Lucetta Stefanelli exists.

Anything and everything can be tweaked, changed and more. I don't mind at all!  ;D

☙≈ Ons & Offs

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Mimetisme on January 25, 2020, 03:08:45 PM
Submitting CS for approval:

Lucetta “Cetta” Stefanelli

Character Name: Lucetta “Cetta” Stefanelli
Aliases: Lucia “Lucy” De Laurentiis
Faceclaim (If Known): Jenna Dewan
Played By: Mimetisme
Character Type: Hunter, Sister of the Silver Order

Biography: Twenty-four years ago, in and around the surrounding areas of Rome, Italy, there had been various articles that ran in newspapers. That was standard. However. A particular series questionably claimed there was a rise in “wild animal attacks”. The articles offered no pictures, were vague on the description of those “wild animals”. Vicious mawlings, teeth and claws, and worse. What never made it to the press was any hints as to who the survivors were that confirmed these attacks. The reality was there was none, except for one. That story was never published, let alone written.

Lucetta Stefanelli was born an orphan. The Nuns who had given her sanctuary and a home raised her on “With Our Savior, in His divine  Kingdom of Heaven.“ In her much younger years, that answer quieted her questions about where her Mommy and Daddy were. With time, it developed in asking why. “Do not question, know Our Savior has a plan for all His beloved children.” At the time, it was the best answer she would get. Then came the day in her early teen years. When she boldly would demand to know where her parents were. The Nuns fed her same old line. With God in His Kingdom. That answer was no longer good enough for Lucetta, not that she dared let it show.

In that same time period, the Nuns introduced a daily regime of “exercises” to Lucetta. Rigorous physique conditioning that was extensive but not altogether limited only to; Running, Acrobatics, Weight lifting, Boxing, Hand-to-hand combat, Training on the art of wielding a sword. One day, she walked away after getting her ass kicked one too many times in training. When scolded, she dared argue back by ignoring the matter at hand. Once and again, she demanded to know what really happened to her parents. It would be that day in her life when more than God was questioned.

It was when Lucetta was enlightened to many things. Demons. Vampires. Shifters. So many creatures inhabited this earth that were the embodiment of sins and true evil. That God had His chosen warriors on this earth that were born to the mission of purging the world of such atrocities. The Silver Order was one of them. It was them who came across her parents and the hellspawn who attacked her parents. Unfortunately, the Hellspawn had escaped. However,  they were able to remove her from her dead mother’s womb. A miracle and a divine sign from Him. God had spared her life. Not for vengeance. To be the embodiment of His grace and light against Evil.

Personality: At first, Lucetta comes across quietly reserved when on a mission. All business with a touch of snark and cockiness.  Though, in dealing with other people “outside” of work, she struggles to make personal connections in her being socially awkward. Attempts, constantly. Nothing sticks and what does, it does not last even a week. Finally, she also does what she does in hopes of finding the hellspawn that killed her parents someday. Or be it night.
Powers/Skills: Hand-to-hand Combatant, Swordsman
Weakness/Flaws: Lucetta’s greatest strength is also her weakness. Her faith in God. At times, Lucetta forgets that God can't be there to turn her from the temptation of “sin” every time it crosses her path. It is paired with why she tends to hesitate before making a kill at times. A hidden part of her secretly is in question of "Did they have a choice in what they are?” Beyond those two things, the fact she was sheltered in growing up, she never quite developed proper people skills.
Likes, Kinks and Fetishes: Poetry, Dancing, Working out/Training, sparring, the “kiss” (vampire bite), NonCon into Con, bondage, blind folds, blood play, fire play, knife play, wax play, deprivation of senses
Hard Offs: Eyeball trauma, D/s, Hardcore BDSM
Additional Information: It should be noted that in her “field of work”, she also has a more “normal” job. A barista at a small local coffee house that answers to the name Lucia “Lucy” De Laurentiis. It is also the name on the lease to her apartment and her driving license. Outside of the Silver Order, the world doesn't know Lucetta Stefanelli exists.

Anything and everything can be tweaked, changed and more. I don't mind at all!  ;D

Looks great! I love the "temptations" in her Likes; something to discover as we go.

Nowherewoman

OK, think she's done, barring GM change requests.

Legion
Character Name: Legion
Aliases: Babel; the White Death
Faceclaim: EVE Online Drifter art
Played By: NowhereWoman
Character Type: Demon

Biography:

It's never been adequately clarified if the entity calling itself Legion is singular, a community, or a number of individuals using the same name to spread confusion.  Aside from terrorizing New Testament pigs, something by that name has been implicated in dozens of possessions and several free-roaming hauntings, and has been associated with more than one dangerously cursed artifact.

This iteration has taken a female form a bit over six feet tall, hairless, with corpse-white skin.  Despite her pallor, Legion's skin is hot to the touch, enough so to cause minor burns to unprotected human flesh with sufficient contact.  When she speaks, her voice is shockingly high-pitched and breathy; she sounds a bit like an insane adolescent.

Legion simply arrived on the doorstep of the convent several years ago, placing herself at the service of the Mother Superior.  While she seems unshakably loyal to her vampire cohort, trusting her fully would be foolish; powerful demons make uncomfortable servants at best.  She likely has her own agenda, or is acting on the orders of one greater than herself.

Personality:

Most of the time, the demon is a looming, silent presence standing in attendance to the Mother Superior.  She is deferential towards the other vampires of the coven, but far from chatty. At moments, though, she will come out with some surprising, humorous quip, veering from the macabre to the outright silly; some have taken this behavior as evidence that 'she' is actually a community inhabiting a single shell. 

Legion avoids the novitiate, so as to not frighten them into a too-early realization of the truth. When it is time, however, for one to be fully initiated, it is often the demon who fetches them and holds them down for the vampires to feed on and debauch.  This, and when she is gleefully slaughtering those the Superior has marked as enemies, is when the beast is at her most animated and, perversely, almost human-seeming.

Her primary purpose seems to be to assist the coven in their plan of corruption and dominance.  That may be all there is to it- demons are notorious for such. If she has a greater plan, it has not yet been revealed.

Legion almost always refers to herself as 'we'. Except when she doesn't, adding to her bizarre mystique.

Powers/Skills:
- Enormous physical strength (as strong as all but the oldest vampires).
- Highly resistant (not immune) to most forms of damage. Extreme cold and lack of air will slow her down but not stop her; fire is dangerous to her, extreme electrical shocks can render her temporarily inert. Other forms of damage (bullets, blades, trauma) can eventually incapacitate her, but she will regenerate in time. It's unclear what would happen if her shell were totally consumed by fire or acid.

Consuming human blood will greatly speed her regeneration, which may be why she has chosen to serve a group of vampires.

-Shadowmelding.  Legion can use shadows to travel, apparently across quite some distance, but only after dark, and only when there is not a full moon.

Weakness/Flaws:
-Not exceptionally smart.
-While immune to usual 'mind control' type skills (anyone trying to eavesdrop will hear a whirlwind of screaming voices), her senses are no better than the average human's. She hunts by sight and sound, and can be fooled by illusions or trickery.
-Subject to wardings and bindings that affect other major demons.
-Cannot enter hallowed ground (which isn't to say she can't attack those within by throwing cars at them or whatever).
-Singleminded. If she has been set a task by the Superior, she will pursue it, ignoring pretty much everything else unless it is directly in her way.

Likes, Kinks and Fetishes: Violence and cruelty.  When it comes to sexual antics, Legion seems to be more a watcher than an active participant, though she assists in the coven's 'initiations'.

Hard Offs: None specific to Legion, but the player's O/Os kick in at some point.

Mimetisme

Quote from: DrMcQuark on January 25, 2020, 04:21:54 PM
Looks great! I love the "temptations" in her Likes; something to discover as we go.

*Hugs, bashful grinning.* Thank you.

And En!!! Legion sounds awesome! 💙

☙≈ Ons & Offs

Nowherewoman

She's eeeeeebil :D

And LOL  Lucetta is a Hunter- but she's addicted to the Kiss? :D

Mimetisme

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 25, 2020, 06:38:13 PM
She's eeeeeebil :D

Which makes the character more fun, imo.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 25, 2020, 06:38:13 PM

And LOL  Lucetta is a Hunter- but she's addicted to the Kiss? :D

Um, well despite everything, she has her gripes with "God" and stuff. You know, left over teen angst and rebellion kind of thing. There is deeper and richer side to her she hides, even from herself. There is also something unsaid to her about her parents. *Winks*

As for the "kiss". *Hugs En from behind and whispers.* Some part of Cetta is drawn to the "bad side". And c'mon, nothing says she can't have a bit of fun before she goes lady of evil kick butt fu.  :P

☙≈ Ons & Offs

Nowherewoman

Mimetisme

Yes but Cetta also enjoys-  *Zips her mouth shut*  O:)

☙≈ Ons & Offs