U.S.S. McNealy ((Star Trek Inspired OC RP! All Welcome, Still building!))

Started by Cal1496, November 15, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal1496

U.S.S. McNealy

Main Thread

OOC

Character Profiles

Dramatis Personae

Commanding Officer - Captain James Varcoe
Executive Officer -  Commander Vel Nor'a
Counselor - Lieutenant Jeela Lurae
Chief Engineer - Lt. Commander Othossan Th'vyvoss
Chief Medical Officer - Lt Commander Jennifer Reano
Chief of Security - Lieutenant Lina Vitale
Chief Science Officer - Lieutenant Adnan Tek
Science Officer - Lieutenant Junior Grade Jonathan Evers
Operations Officer -Ensign Alison Vickers
Conn Officer - Ensign Anjohl Fuliar

Cal1496

Premise

So this RP will take place within the  Star Trek Universe as presented in the tv series and films.  The only ones which do not apply are the two most recent films as the RP will be taking place in the stock universe in the year 2382.  Which is seven years after the Dominion War, four years after Voyager got back and three since Shinzon made his attack on the Federation. 

This has all resulted in the Federation being at there height of influence and power.  Every serious contending state was near crushed in the Dominion war, and the Romulan's are still dealing with the fall out of the Senate being murdered.  That being said, while no single outside power could hope to contend with the Federation, it doesn't mean there isn't a lack of work.  Outside the Federation things are far more chaotic, and the security of her boarders have become top priority.

McNealy is Norway Class vessel that while technically is a destroyer, is built more in mind with diplomacy and scientific study than military presence.  She is however still a tough ship, and very reliable.  I have not included a specific set of specks as many are very different with which room is which and I don't want to be limited too how many rooms of things I can have because of a text book made in 2008.

While this RP is within the Star Trek universe, I not a Canon Nazi.  I do not expect players to know every single thing there to know about this universe, nor to be able to speak the insane techno-bable common to certain situations.  General knowledge will be required for certain rolls, but if you watch a few episodes you can get the gist of things.

The characters I want first filled out are the Senior Staff of the McNealy.  Those spots are at the top of this thread, and some rolls have flexible ranks others do not.  Player preference for those that do.  Feel free to have almost any race as your choice, just no Shapeshifters...Cause they suck :P

The first part of the RP will take place on Jupiter Station, where the characters will all be reporting for duty.  Get to know each others will take place and then our first mission will come in.  Past relationships can be present, just everyone clear it with each other. 

Links to the other threads are located at the first post, please feel free to ask any questions.  Still building so please bare with me.

Tackyhillbilly

I guess I'll volunteer. Probably as an unjoined Trill. While by far my favorite race is the Cardassians (sorry, but DS9 was my favorite of the series), they aren't likely to show up on a bridge.

Cal1496

I wouldn't be directly opposed to a Cardassian character Tack.  If they were a rather young officer, no direct servicce during the war.  An ensign would be perfectly appropriate

Tackyhillbilly

Could we stretch it a bit to Lt.? I had my eye on the Science Officer spot.

Cal1496

Bustin' meh balls Tack, bustin' meh balls...Fine.  But they're junior grade! lol

Tackyhillbilly

Kadigan

I'd like to throw my hat in for the Engineer post.

Also, on the Cardassian thing, the most recent TNG novels have a Glinn (I believe equivalent of Ensign or LT) serving on the Enterprise as part of an interplanetary exchange.

Tackyhillbilly

Glinn was closer to commander or Lt. Commander. They were usually First Officers and the like.

Cal1496

Engineer post is pending your profile, and ya the Interplanetary exchange was more senior officers.  Like when Riker went on the Klingon vessel.

Also too folks, I have not read any of the books, so for purposes of canon we'll stick with television and movies...Even though most of the movies are frakking awful lol

Tackyhillbilly

I haven't read most of the books. And not all the movies are awful!

Cal1496

Most!  I said most are awful.  There are some exception's.  Khan and First Contact were good, and  I don't care what people say, I liked Nemesis lol

Tackyhillbilly

I liked the Voyage Home on top of those. Also, while I can't say The Final Frontier was good, it is a guilty pleasure. It is a mess in an awesome cheesy way. Also "What does god need with a Starship" is a fantastic line.

Blinkin

Damn, I was going to ask about an unblended trill... it's the spots. lol

Would there be a problem with a male playing a female?

As I'm not, nor have I ever been into the tech of trek, I'll ask for a non-technical slot, although not sure what yet, and always open to past/present relationships with another character.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tackyhillbilly

I'm not being an unblended Trill, going with a Cardassian. Likely one from the DMZ. While there is a lot of discussion of the Federation citizens who got the choice of being part of the Cardassian Union or resettlement (and the Maquis it lead to), there were Cardassians in the same boat.

Cal1496

I have no problem with a male player having female character or any alteration of that.  And maybe consider The Chief Medical Officer Blinkin?  TV show medical knowledge would be more than enough to pass lol

And Tack, far as most people are concerned, only good Cardassian is a dead one lol

Tackyhillbilly

Well, yes. But Lt. Adan Tek is here to prove how racist that is!

ShadowFox89

Color me interested with a female Romulan officer, security chief.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cal1496

Ugggg, Romulan's are like the only race I kinda wanted to keep off the crew lol 

While the Empire is servery weakened, they were and still are so xenophobic I don't think they would let Starfleet qualified assets just start slipping away.  I mean the Senate was killed, not the Tal Shiar :P

That all being said, you make a good enough history up and I'll consider it.

TheEmptyCell

Thinking perhaps a young, hot-headed male Bajoran conn officer, atheist since the Dominion Wars. Gonna ponder on it.

Cal1496

If he is a damn good pilot he is hired! lol

Oh...And is okay working with a filthy Cardie  >:)

Sorry Tack, Cardassian's will always be getting the stick within this OOC

Tackyhillbilly

To be fair, the Cardassians are just about as prolific about not letting assets get away. However, they don't have quite the same superiority complex as the Romulans.

And oh dear, a Bajoran. Poor Adnan.

Cal1496

I agree that Cardassian's WERE as prolific, but being on the losing side of the biggest war like ever has made it that they have like zero pull in this universe now.  I mean after the Occupation they were all, "Okay we we fucked up but, fuck you cause we can still fuck you up."  After the Dominion War it was way more "We're...We're so sorry...Please don't kill any more of us."

And like I said in the PM Tack, while I personally believe every disgusting Cardie should be dragged before a Bajoran shooting squad and set then on fire as a cruel joke, James does not.  Racial discrimination and bigotry will not be tolerated on McNealy.

Tackyhillbilly

Eh, I seriously doubt that has ruined the Order... largely because one of the few books I consider canon is "A Stitch in Time." (It was written by Andrew Robinson, the actor who played Garak, and he has said most of the book was him forming the character of Garak, and the stuff in it played a huge role in his portrayal of him). But a valid point nevertheless.

Also, no shooting Garak. He's awesome.

Blinkin

Welp, I applied for a female Trill(unblended)  Executive Officer... and we'll see how it goes. Open to work with other players to develop a background connection of some kind to add spice to things.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't see the Federation jumping at the chance to put a romulan officer on a federation starship. They may not be enemies at the moment, but it took decades before a Klingon was seen on a starship and he was adopted by humans as a child.

There are presidence for a half-romulan in the past, but again, she was adopted by vulcans at a relatively young age.

It's just been too close in time for a romulan to appear without an amazing backstory that explained how a romulan  got from an emeny combatant to the command staff of a federation vessel. I'll buy the cardassian as a defeated and potentially useful information source after the war... a sort of pilot program, but romulan is a harder sell for me, personally.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.