A Free World of Wonders: Adventures await! OOC and Character Bios here please

Started by emoguy, September 15, 2011, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emoguy

Hello everyone. And welcome. All OOC for the free world role play and character bios should be done here. So as not to break the flow of the writing. There is a template below and I shall also put up my own bio for an example should anyone need one.

Name

Race

Solid background

Personality

Special skills and powers

Weapons if any

Ties to any other characters

Motivations

emoguy

Name  Draven Arcturos

Age Appears to be early 20's, Actual age is 322

Race Feral Shifter

Solid background  Draven lived on the streets most of his life as a child. It wasn't hard on him. People were kind, he learned to survive off the bare minimum and he was satisfied with that. But it wasn't too easy of a life for him either. Slave traders after him, gangs trying to press him into service, rivals on the streets. He had to harden his heart and body to survive. He first took a life to protect his own when he was only 12. It had scarred him mentally for years to come to watch his foe who was only 8 die in such agony and knowing he caused it. From that moment on he trained to be a good enough fighter where he would never have to kill to win again. Every day he took hours out of his schedule to train with anything he could use as a weapon. From time to time, he had to take yet another life, but he repented with sacrifices of his own flesh, leaving him with deep scars on his arms and chest. By the age of 15 he discovered his power to change form. Not willingly either. Running from a group of slave traders he tripped on a bit of rubble on the ground. As he fell the world slowed down and he resigned himself to his fate, wishing he could just fly away into the open sky. Before he hit the ground he closed his eyes and turned into a swallow, instincts causing him to fly without knowing it. But when he opened his eyes and saw the ground a mile below, he lost it for a moment, changing back and falling into a dumpster. After a few more incidents like that, he learned how to control his power and has used it much to his advantage, gaining himself wealth, fame and a few fans here and there. At the age of 20 he began to roam the world, honing his skills and ambitions to a fine point: Be free and live to its fullest. He spent the last century roaming the world and fighting in arenas for money.

Personality He's a generally kind and aloof man. Loves to joke and mess around. He can be the most loyal friend you have, and it shows in his shifting. His favorite form to take being a wolf.  But you make an enemy out of him, beware. He's crafty and cunning, hiding his true intentions till the moment he strikes. He can be a bit of a womanizer, but he respects them as well. And is willing to make a friend of anyone who gives him a chance.

Special skills and powers He's a shifter who can turn into any animal he wishes, though generally will turn into a wolf, a falcon, or a mouse when he needs to. He's also rather handy with any weapon he picks up, though he has a large disdain for guns. He only uses them as a last resort.

Weapons if any He can generally be seen with two Kukri's on his back, a pistol on his side and as an added bonus a hidden punching dagger mechanism in his sleeve.

Ties to any other characters No ties currently.

Motivations

emoguy

Can't believe I messed up on my own bio x.x

Motivations Simplistic man. Money usually is the key motivator. But he also likes a good challenge and an adventure.

Medeira

Name: Eudocia, usually shortened to Cia

Race: Ondine

Solid background: Born of the flowing water of a great river, the elemental spirit never wanted for anything else but to roll on the gentle waves. But then her river began to dry - more year after year, finally becoming a slow trickle that whispered of her eventual death. Tales came down the water of a dam miles upstream, erected by the townspeople to give a lake and some notoriety to their small town. In a fit of rage she rode the river towards the source of her dismay, using her connection to the water to bring a great flood to the people that had threatened her (albeit indirectly and most unknowingly), killing many and destroying the town. The blood spilled rolled into the water, turning her own river against her. A lesson had to be taught. So that her life would not end, she was given a small orb that contained water from the river her life was tied to. Then, she was cast out, unable to return to her home until her sins are somehow, someway, atoned for.

Personality: Quiet, reclusive and sometimes stern, due to her mistrust of humans or anyone that congregate in towns it can take quite a while for her to warm up to anyone she meets. If one can gain her trust, her loyalty flows as true as the strongest river and heaven help anyone that injures someone or something close to her. But get her around any body of water, whether it be man made or natural, her mood changes almost instantly. She becomes playful and almost childlike, unable to resist the draw of any pool or river. She has almost no experience with other creatures, be they human or not, so any interaction is bound to be...interesting.

Special skills and powers: Cia has an affinity for water and though her powers are weakened by being far from her own river, she can speak or call to close bodies of water to cause small floods or diversions. To a certain point, she can use water to search for things or to see places that may be further away, using it as a looking glass.

Weapons if any: No weapons.

Ties to any other characters: Currently no ties to other characters.

Motivations: She knows she has to find some way to make up for the mistakes and deaths she left behind her. But only the river knows what will soothe it, whether it be her helping someone or some grander action.
Ons & Offs || Search & Ideas ||Apologies & Absences
Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

Hunter Phoenix

Name: Hunter Phoenix

Race: Human

Solid background: Hunter is a mage, recently released from the secretive guild of mages to live out a life among the rest of the world. Having come from a well off family, Hunter is used to having money in plentiful supply. He had been released from the guild to make his own way after several altercations one of which caused half of the guild to go up in smoke. The rest of Hunters background is a mystery to everybody else unless Hunter decides to share it, in which case you should count yourself lucky.

Personality: Silent and alert, Hunter has a sharp mind and only ever speaks when he has something that is worth saying. Calculating everything down to the slightest detail, he is prepared for anything and always sits with his back to a wall. Some would call him paranoid, but Hunter knows that there are people out there that would do anything for money, so he see's this as common sense. he also has a quick temper so be wary of what you say to him, otherwise it could very well be the last thing you do.

Special skills and powers: Hunter weilds the powers of pyromancy, being able to burn anything and everything he turns his attention too. Also being able to read minds, there is little that Hunter does not know about someone before they introduce themselves, he rarely uses this ability, choosing to use it only when he meets someone he does not like the look of.

Weapons if any: A wooden staff with a crystal in the end. Can be used to direct magick and can be used as a melee weapon in an emergancy.

Ties to any other characters: No ties.

Motivations: To survive and to redeem himself for his past misdemeanours.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Story Tale

Anyone mind if an unapproved member plays? I'm not new to rp, but haven't really used this platform before (forum, that is). I'll wait to post until you guys say cool. In the meantime, here is a bio for you!

..Name..

Ariella

..Age..

unknown, no really, she doesn't know. Her race is immortal, but every so often their memories are "cleansed" to prevent insanity. In other words, ancient. She can only remember the past 60 years or so, but outward appearances would put her at 18 or there abouts.

..Race..

fae, seelie

..Solid background..

So, appearances first shall we? She is short in stature, about 5'3, her hair long and platinum blond. She often wears it loose, with random braids woven among the waist length strands. Her skin is almost as pale as her hair, and her large, expressive eyes are a bright sea foam green, the iris's rimmed in silver. Her ears flair slightly up, the tips just visible through her hair.

Her story is uneventful, so far as she can remember. The first thing she remembers is standing in the Seelie Court, her queen and all the queens people gathered around, making sure the cleansing had taken. It had and for a good many years she relaxed in the Otherworld with the queen and her subjects, although to her it felt like only a few months had passed. However, she soon began to get restless, finding the life dull. All the court were "yes men" and the queen had a cruel streak about her that made Ari uneasy. Not wanting to confess this however, she begged her queen to send her on an adventure in order to prove herself as a loyal subject.

The queen finally granted her request, and equipped her with gear and a location. She was told she would learn later what she was sent here to do. 

..Personality..

Ari is naturally charming and sociable, and quickly warms up around most people. She has the curiosity of a cat and has been known to stick her nose where it doesn't belong. She is open and carefree and only guards one thing from any locals she might meet, the reason for her being here. However, since her Queen had not told her the "why's" or even the "what's" of her mission yet, she doesn't think about it much. Time for her is unimportant, and she is content to let things unfold as they will, preferably with her smack dab in the middle of it, or at least relaxing on the sidelines, rooting for her favorite mortal. She could, at times, be perceived as selfish or uncaring but she really just has no comprehension of mortal worries.

..Special skills and powers..

She has a natural magic that even a babe would recognize. Something ancient and powerful sleeps inside of her, but most events are too inconsequential for her to even bother trying to wake it up. Also, as stated before, she has recently been cleansed of all her memories, which included any knowledge of how to use said magic.

She can transport from any location back to the Otherworld, and can even take someone she is physically touching with her, but time is funny there and unless they don't mind aging rapidly, then they probably want to stay away.

..Weapons if any..

Her queen had gifted her with a simple traveling outfit, plain white shirt, brown leather pants well worn and butter soft, a wide belt holding an assortment of goodies including lockpicks (I warned you she is curious), a strap on her thigh holds a dagger, delicately carved Celtic swirls molded along the handle.

..Ties to any other characters..

none

..Motivations..

She is not motivated at all, content to cause minor trouble and light hearted mischief, at least until her queen reveals the purpose of the mission.

emoguy

All are welcome to join najlah. I made this for everyone to be able to do whatever they want and interact how they wish

TheStampede

Name
Raphael

Race
Leonal (half-man/half-lion)

Solid background
Raphael was born in a forest, where he tried to live peacably. He worships the gods of nature he was taught about when he was young and follows his teachings devotely. His parents left to travel the world when he was 20. About 15 years ago, two waring nations invaded the forest he called home. Having no means to fight the two great, opposing forces, he decidedly to leave in search of somewhere new to call home. He cares not for the battles between good vs. evil, right vs. wrong, order, vs. chaos, but he does try to help people when he can.

Personality
Raphael is the quite but wise type. He will offer advice, or consoling words when he feels it is appropriate, but he is not very talkative otherwise. He is usually very calm, but has been known to have sudden burst of anger when people are in trouble. He is willing to trust anyone that has not done him any wrong.

Special skills and powers
Raphael can call on the power of the nature gods. He can heal himself and others, and he can summon animals to his aid. These abilities take time and concentration though.

Weapons if any
His natural claws and teeth. Also, he carries a quaterstaff he made himself.

Ties to any other characters
No

Motivations
Raphael wants to find a place where he can truly live in peace, or else bring peace to an area. He also wants to convince those that are willing to listen to do the same. If asked what is goal in life is, he will reply "To pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes" (ie ignore all of the worlds problems and not become involved in them).
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dragunov

name: Dragunov. age: 25. bio: once a homeless orphin dragunov was destined for great things. He was raised by a gypsy. He goes on to joining the guild of heroes which is now falling apart. he becomes the hero of strength and will. they send him off to destroy the leader of the legion. a major evil gang. he successfully infiltrates and kills the leader but is beaten to near death and even shot with an arrow. he loses his memory but death wasnt his destiny.

Hunter Phoenix

I'm dropping out, I would give reasons but I won't go into a long rant, just consider me out and work my character out in some way, I don't care how. Good luck to you all.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Story Tale

You guys have probably figured this since its been so long since I've posted but I'm dropping too. I've just stretched myself a little thin and this is the least active thread. :/ good luck though! :)