The Bachelor(ette) -- Interest Check

Started by letsxflyy, March 09, 2018, 04:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsxflyy

I don't know how many of you keep up with ABC's The Bachelor or the Bachelorette - or have read The Selection series by Kiera Cass - but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in making that into a game. Below is how I picture this to be, but it can definitely be tweaked or altered to fit the wants of the rest of the group.

CHARACTERS

The Bachelor(ette) - could also be a prince/princess/daughter or son of a powerful person/etc.
The Host (probably going to be me) - Narrates the situation, dates, setting, etc.
The Selected/Ladies/Gentlemen - competing for the hand of the Bachelor(ette)

THE (BASIC) PREMISE

The Bachelor(ette) - or a parent or something - decides they are ready for marriage, but rather than going out into the world, they decide to hold a competition. __ men/women are to be chosen from a pool of applicants from all over the country/world and brought to their home to compete for their hand.

There will be dates: One on ones and group dates.

There may be tasks: Which of the Selected is best at... Archery? Party planning? Singing? Anything you could think of.

There will be eliminations: At the end of the dates/tasks, some of the Selected will go home, no longer a candidate for the heart of the Bachelor(ette).

The Bachelor(ette) could be looking for something specific in the people they brought to their home or they’re slowly trying to weed out the weak ones.

POSSIBLE SCENARIOS/GENRES

A version of ABC's show
Supernatural
Medieval Times
Mafia/Mob
Sci-Fi
Fandom?
* Will probably go under Light: Groups unless otherwise discussed *

I'm honestly willing to consider anything. My idea for this is still pretty general and vague and I'm hoping with the right people, this can turn into a really fun game for everyone.

Szandor

I'd be interested in playing a male character, be it the Bachelor or one of the male contestants. Whichever way you go is fine, because this is a unique idea I haven't seen on here before. As for the genre; I'd be fine with anything, but supernatural and sci-fi appeal to me the most. COuld put a cool spin on it that way.
Posting Rate: SLOW

letsxflyy

Could you PM me please? We can talk it over and plan some things and hopefully make a recruitment post. Thanks!

Odanrav

If you needed a bachelor, and depending on the level of competition and smut you were looking for I'd be very interested as well. I guess as a backup plan.

AnnieSatin

I'm interested in playing in this. I only play females though so I'm curious what role I could play if you do a bachelorette idea.

Annie

mia h

Have you watched Unreal? It's a show about a Bachelor type TV show but from the other side of the camera, all the behind the scenes manipulations and skulduggery. Might be fun to include at least part of the back room dealings, one way or another.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.