Adventure Ho! - 5th Edition Campaign (Interest and Revival Thread)

Started by Laughing Hyena, December 09, 2017, 07:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Im a fan of size play myself. Be they shortstack halflings/dwarves or tiny fairies I have a thing for it.

JoanieSappho

Yay! I'll be doing the sheet in the morning, but I'm thinking an innocent little cleric with a very sinful body.
Also, I know you said core books, but you also said female only, so could I talk you into letting me use the ghostwise subrace from the Sword Coast Guide? Nothing else not-core, just that.

Partly for the fact the subrace bonus is +wis, but also because the other ability will let her talk (to one nearby person, at least) while her mouth is full. Which is probably going to be often.  :P

Laughing Hyena

By means of telepathy of course. I was about to ask why but you answered it well enough. You gave a legitimate role playing reason for it and it probably is gonna be useful. And I ask myself "do I wanna be an absolute stickler for the rules or have players that have fun."

So Im allowing just that. As for why I said no to the human variant, again it was for balance reasons.

But since you are wanting a cleric I am going to have to discuss more with you on your patron god or goddess. Ask me what you'd like to learn and I'll say such.

PS - I did say female only of course. However Zaer made a good point but Im quite adamant about it being just one male. Also the whole fun vs rules mentality kicked in.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 09, 2017, 11:19:51 PM
By means of telepathy of course. I was about to ask why but you answered it well enough. You gave a legitimate role playing reason for it and it probably is gonna be useful. And I ask myself "do I wanna be an absolute stickler for the rules or have players that have fun."

So Im allowing just that. As for why I said no to the human variant, again it was for balance reasons.

But since you are wanting a cleric I am going to have to discuss more with you on your patron god or goddess. Ask me what you'd like to learn and I'll say such.

Yeah, part of me wants it for boosting spellcasting, but just as much the ability to have her beg (well, at first) for her captor to stop even while he's halfway down her throat just gives me all these ideas. Or if her mouth is otherwise occupied. She's going to start absolutely innocent and clueless, but I hope/expect that to be changed very roughly and enthusiastically.

As for gods, ones that would have a heavy focus on healing and, preferably, celibacy.
I want my cute little halfling to be ruined in as many ways as possible.

Laughing Hyena

I can work with that. The domains of life and protection would be an easy pairing to make, and for a goddess of marriage and fertility it would easily make sense. And as for whom claims such a position in my pantheon, that would be the Ruby Maiden for humans. Otherwise known as the Maiden of Light, she expects chastity from those of her priests and knights until the sacred vows of matrimony. Her domains are Light, Life, and Protection. 

As for halflings, another lesser Goddess is Yolanda. The Matron Goddess of Halflings and whilst more of a patron of motherhood she does have her followers that wander to spread her teachings. She is the one whom instilled such love for the everyday and humble lives in halflings but gave them such courage that can surpass taller folk. Her priestesses are meant to be chaste for life as their vows and bodies are meant to be kept immaculate for their children. They essentially are priest-wives to Yolanda (Yes the priestesses become fertile without the need of men via ritual). Her domains are Life, Nature and Zeal.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 09, 2017, 11:49:29 PM
I can work with that. The domains of life and protection would be an easy pairing to make, and for a goddess of marriage and fertility it would easily make sense. And as for whom claims such a position in my pantheon, that would be the Ruby Maiden for humans. Otherwise known as the Maiden of Light, she expects chastity from those of her priests and knights until the sacred vows of matrimony. Her domains are Light, Life, and Protection. 

As for halflings, another lesser Goddess is Yolanda. The Matron Goddess of Halflings and whilst more of a patron of motherhood she does have her followers that wander to spread her teachings. She is the one whom instilled such love for the everyday and humble lives in halflings but gave them such courage that can surpass taller folk. Her priestesses are meant to be chaste for life as their vows and bodies are meant to be kept immaculate for their children. They essentially are priest-wives to Yolanda (Yes the priestesses become fertile without the need of men via ritual). Her domains are Life, Nature and Zeal.

Definitely the latter.
Now, to decide if I go for young and innocent, or an older, more mature but just as physically innocent woman ... admittedly, I have more pictures of the latter.

Laughing Hyena

Whatever you feel more comfortable with though I am partial to in between the two. Yolanda's priest wives are quite beautiful by the way. (even if they are very innocent)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 09, 2017, 09:32:01 PM
And Zaer, he seems alright of course since it is technically a valid backstory. I wasn't anticipating a metal gimmick though. And of course with the stagnation and boredom of the populace they would be hungry for something new. I forgot the ability score selection mechanics and it is traditional.

Ok, so 27 point buy char gen. Anyways yeah, went for metal gimmick with mandolin as I do like metal/rock music and you like mandolins :). Idea is for me dig youtube videos whenever he starts performing or use some grander bard spells with his music. Overall aiming though for the college of valor bard (sounds most 'metal/rock' college and College of Swords would been my main choice and more so I would had been able to play same career/char concept as Haer'Dalis from Baldur's Gate II, but not a core college).

InoshimaLance

I was wondering if an intersex male was up for the challenge?

I see that the story so far (by how the thread went) had only one male. I wanna play an intersex character (that said, a male with a vagina instead), but is your rp so I wanted to ask if that was possible. To add my char and have him pass through the same situations as the ladies. If that is not an option, is ok, I'll be hunting elsewhere. Thanks.

Snake

I'd ilke to play my herm/futa girl if that's at all possible.

Laughing Hyena

Im sorry Lance, but I going to pass on that. Im not really into the idea of it. Futa/herm is my limit but not that. Secondly Im going to be reinforcing my stance on it being a female team. If you want the token male stance. Snake, understand that there would only be one "token male". I wouldn't wanna have to pick between you and Zaer.

Snake

Hmm eh I can still do it even as a female: teh Alter Self spell is awesome in 5e for that :3

Or it would be if I didn't have to de-power the char I've already made back to Lvl 2 from 4

Laughing Hyena

Nothing prevents it.

But the premise is a team of female adventurers getting into risqué shenanigans and fan service for an audience. So Im going to press that matter.

Snake

Same as last time basically? That still works. It's not a big deal to depower chars in 5e really it's just like knocking off an ability or spell slot really. XD  I'll have something by tomorrow.

ArynDA

Name: Tezhiyaxi "Tez"
Class: Warlock (Patron: Archfey)
Race: Aasimar

Personality: Tez is a free-spirited girl with a less than substantial knowledge of the world. She currently works to help out has many people she can in having fun with their lives, while also trying to introduce choice and greater freedoms when possible. Tez doesn't really care too much for rules in place and often tries to handle everything in the moment unless someone else takes over with a plan, although she tries to limit any potential damage she can while it's on the table.

Backstory: Tez was born to a relatively sheltered life for her early life, not really having the opportunity to do much outside the small home she was in until she ran away and was picked up by a small cult. The cult she was brought into was exactly what she wanted in life, personal freedom! The cult was primarily made up of female members and it focused on freedom and nature, so quite often members were enjoying their freedom with each other or doing more than hugging trees. Overtime Tez began to feel an odd connection in the place and began to seek it out, it brought her to places she didn't know of and had her do many confusing things that she didn't fully understand, it was then that she unknowingly entered into a contract with an outside patron. Overtime, the pact began to influence her drive to explore and find out more in the world. When the opportunity to sign up for the game came around, she took it in a heart beat for the chance to go out and explore.

Quick Stats

HD:d8 ; hp:? ; AC:? ; Fort:? , Ref:? , Will:? ; atk:? ; dmg:?

(Bleh. Sorry if it's not the greatest or anything. Making a concrete backstory and personality is definitely one of my weak points. Let me know what's wrong with it or anything so I might be able to make it more fitting.)

Laughing Hyena

ArynDA

Laughing Hyena

ArynDA

Laughing Hyena

So a tiefling bard, a human rogue, and an aasimar warlock thus far.

Zaer Darkwail

So need a front liner. Hyena is College of Sword okay to you (linked above)? It's not core but as seen so far you approve things outside core if you approve it. Also would turn my bard able be front liner in level or two.

Laughing Hyena

How would a sword swallowing or knife juggling bard fit into a heavy metal trope?

Zaer Darkwail

Perhaps with bit reflavor (change gained weapon profiency) this below could be his bard weapon of choice (2h);

JoanieSappho

Trying to find an image and settle on a character, but this isn't really working for me.

Don't consider me a sure thing, so if anyone else wants to do a cleric, go right ahead.

Laughing Hyena

Alright then. I had a small think on it beyond the rule of cool and the intended balance. I deeply enjoy your characters Zaer even if they clash with what I intend for concept or such. I enjoy how creative you are, I enjoy what you bring to the table. And I trust you enough not to abuse the hell out of this. Thus Im allowing it. And I can work with this backstory.

Substitute two handed style over two weapon, replace scimitar proficiency with battle axe and we are good as gold. Your flourishes are essentially guitar riffs.

Joanie, how can I help you?