News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Caravanserai [The Hub]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Game Time: July 1, 2025 to July 11, 2025

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name goes here.
[b]Date | Time:[/b] What day and time does your scene take place?
[b]Wearing:[/b] You can either link a picture of what your character is wearing or describe it in words.
[b]Location:[/b] Where is your character located in the hotel?
[b]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to at the moment? Feel free to include if they are mentioning someone. Also mention if your scene is open or closed.[hr]

Flower

Watch movies by yourself in a private theater or with friends!

Now Playing...

Theater A   Theater B   Theater C

10:20 am

10:50 am

10:10 am

12:20 pm

12:50 pm

12:10 pm

02:20 pm

02:50 pm

02:10 pm

06:20 pm

06:50 pm

06:10 pm

07:20 pm

07:50 pm

07:10 pm

Enjoy an abundance of games at our arcade. Winning tickets secures prizes, the more the better.
Also, enjoy a game of bowling with your friends!

Where injuries are made inconsequential.

Burn off those calories. Train by yourself or with one of our private trainers.

Itching to know what's going on in the outside world. Use our computers here!
We have an open lab and private rooms. Printing is free!

Sit back and relax here!

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6, 1920, 3:30 pm
Wearing: White Burqua
Location: At the end, aboard camel, just in sight of the Caravanserai
Tagging: Herself, camel named Fire Dragon, translator and guide Fatima

  First class in the big airplane across the pond to North Africa. The sweltering heat. Her guide Fatima intercepts her overheated wandering. She is guided to a clothier who fits her expertly into a burqua against the heat and the culture. Her luggage follows on a handcart as Fatima leads the small entourage to the edge of town where the three tall beasts wait whatever they're bidden to do.

  "We must be gone before the sun sets, يغيب." The drover speaks from within his own robe against the wind and sand.

  "He speaks with respect, Miss." Fatima reassures.

  The drover or whatever they;re called brings the three beasts to their knees and loads the luggage mostly onto one and bits onto the others. The with Fatima's help she finds her seat on the one in front. The beast lurches to its feet as she clutches at the saddle. Fatima takes the third. And the drover sets off with the three in tow. The side to side motion threatens to unseat her. Yet her time with horses soon has her find the rhythm as the beasts plod wide and sure footed out of the tan, sandy town toward a destination only the drover knows.

  Sleep threatens as the sway becomes the norm. She sets herself a mental task to remain awake. Remember what brung you, her parents had both reminded her when he was young. And so she does. The threat on her fortune. The intervention. The diamond thief. The capture. The rapture. The escape and rebinding. The explosions and flashbangs. The roof. The fat man and his fall. And the rescuing helicopter with ... with her! The adventure and then let back down. Alone! Abandoned! The psychiatrist. Escape. Go! Far far away! All leads to this, the plodding camels and eventually the Caravanserai

  Eventually a crescent moon with a star inside follows the sun down the sky in the west and they stop. She steps from the grunting beast and pats it affectionately. Fatima leads her aside and they huddle in blankets and eat from things wrapped in paper, grape leaves perhaps and grains and nuts. Careful sips of water. The heat the heat the heat. Sleep is fitful.

  Shaken to wake her, she does as she's told. Sip water and eat some dried fruit and then again the huge beast and the swaying over the sand. The sunrise in their eyes. On and on they plod. When she opens her eyes she sees water and people and palm trees and shakes her head with a hidden smile. The heat and the illusions. Such is life. Stop again and wait for the sun to pass overhead and to rest and eat and drink. And again they set out. And again the night. The stars are a river of light from the bosom of the mother to feed the whole world. Sleep and again atop the strange yet steady saying beast. A son lyric. ‘though the desert on a horse with no name.’ Does this beast have a name? A secret name? She leans down and rests her face against the great shaggy neck and listens. Fire burns inside it! She will think of it as her Fire Dragon. Her hand rests on Fire Dragon as the noble steed bears her to the Caravanserai.

  A third night under the stars and not long after the noon rest they crest a dune and the drover stops their advance to point. Fire Dragon seems to sense the water that may be where the drover's bony, sere finger pints. They lurch forward, the end in sight yet an hour away.

MabFaerie

Name: Persephone Jones
Date | Time:  June 7th 2020, Late Morning
Wearing: A generic t-shirt sporting a logo from a band you've probably never heard of, faded paint-splattered skinny jeans and mis-matched converse sneakers.
Tagging: Open.

Persephone Jones was really not a morning person. As someone who regularly preferred to spend her nights gaming or otherwise distracted with the internet, Percy found the brighter, louder hours of the day to be both exhausting and well, quite frankly, a bit too over-populated for her tastes, which was the real pity if you asked her.

As such, hiding out in the dimly-lit game room, awash in a neon glow, was her preferred modus operandi. As far away from the welcoming rays of morning sun that spilled through the lobby like violent jagged daggers to her eyeballs as she could possibly manage. Surrounded on all sides by colorful retro arcade games, crane machines with a variety of miniature prizes, and a few more modern consoles plugged into wall-mounted television sets, Persephone could think of no better place to be. 

Propped up sideways on a comfy blue chair, feet dangling over the edge of one plush arm, Percy was only half-paying attention to her surroundings, semi-absorbed in the 3DS in her hands, where she was minding a virtual boutique full of very happy customers. She should probably be paying attention to any actual guests that might meander her way, but as it was still early enough in the day, she wasn't sure the throng of eager check-in's would be looking to play video games mere seconds after their arrival. Still, stranger things had occurred in her short lifespan, and if her idea of a good time was gaming in the dark, then surely somebody else might eventually slink along to join her. 

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 7 June 2020, Noon, roughly
Wearing: Black jeans, white t-shirt
Tagging: Open

A Mimosa, a chilled glass of V8, and some hash browns. After that, Joseph Edwards was perfectly fine. Getting a new pack of cigarettes, Joseph would have a smoke or three and enjoy some leisurely time out on Mirage's balcony. Of course, without the company of his newfound friends, the bar was something of a boring place. It was around noon that he decided that he would find himself something to do within the confines of Caravanserai.

Stubbing out a cigarette, he would walk back in through the bar and out into the hall. With that, he began to explore. First he found the game room, but there was no activity to be found. At the Spa, it was the same. Bits and Bobs was an interesting browse, but it didn't provide him much in the way of entertainment. He would continue to walk the halls, hoping to find a way to enjoy and fill his time.

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 7, 2020 ||| Morning
Wearing: shown
Extra: None
Tagging: Lalita, open  Mentioning:  Ren

Chris woke up at his normal ungodly hour, it was what he had been trained to do to keep up with his charge, girlfriend, lover???  Hell in truth, he honestly didn’t know any more between the lovemaking, angry sex and slave training he honestly didn’t know anymore where they stood to save they were together…more than before.  He wasn’t sure what to think or how to feel about that?!?  But he slinks out of bed, almost sure not to wake her but didn’t want to disturb her.  His muscular naked form moved towards the shower, he would normally workout about now but given his…nocturnal workout this would be a total wash if truth be told.  He did need to feed her for sure and he was still her bodyguard, even if they were more apparent but he definitely needed to clear his head.

He left her a note to not worry and stay put till he got back…the last part was written in jest as she wouldn’t ‘stay put ever!’ Unless he told her verbally himself, but he did need to go and get them something to eat as well as check things out.  He wasn’t sure he still had a stargazing date with Becky, barring his abrupt departure and he did want to find out what happened with the rest of the party, he didn’t find out anyone's secrets and he was normally pretty good at that sort of thing.  He licked his lips as he closed the locked door and went down to see what else was happening here.  It was truly something to be out in the middle of nowhere.

Levi

Name: Lalita Cheema
Date | Time: June 7th 2020,  Late Morning
Wearing: green sari
Tagging: Chris

Lalita had been strolling through the hallways, her destination unknown as she took the opportunity to have a break. The owners of the hotel had the staff on their toes with events and extra activities. She hadn't really been paying attention to her surroundings, so it was with some supprise that she suddenly found herself smacking into a hard warm wall. "ouch!" she exclaimed ruefully rubbing her head. Lalita looked up and gasped horror of Horton she had bumped into s guest! She remembered his arrival, quickly she backed up and placing her palms together made a short bow. "Sir, I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going!"
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 7, 2020 ||| Morning
Wearing: shown
Extra: None
Tagging: Lalita, open  Mentioning:  Ren

Chris hadn't thought of where he was going when the lovely woman all but bumped into him.  His reaction was to wrap his arms around her to keep them both safe from falling.  He remembered her when they checked in.  Even he couldn't help but think she was not nice on the eyes, but she was lovely.  He seemed to always have an eye for beauty and the fact that she probably didn't like his touch as she seemed to peel herself from his arms.

"Sorry."  He said her hands were against his chest for the briefest of moments.  She then put her hands together and bowed.  "No the pleasure...I mean the trouble was all mine.  I didn't mean to bump it to you."  He found himself remembering his arms around her light figure and found his own cheeks reddening a bit.  "I believe it was my fault, you can bump into me anytime."  He said politely.  "You work here right?  Breakfast would be?"  He found she was not as far away as she had been before as he was now looking down into those lovely eyes.  He caught himself licking his lips.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Date | Time: 11th, 12:00
Wearing:  picture, plus staff taller than she is, camera bag and attached sketch pad, her Australian slouch hat, travel backpack
Tagging: VV, open.

"Well.... That's one way to look at life, I suppose, but it doesn't sound very fun. "

I lead the way to the arcade, filled with light and the cheerful sounds of various video games. They have a pool table and a foosball table, a bar with drinks and snacks, pinball, skeeball, and arcade games spanning the decades.

There are classics like galaga and Pac-Man, up to the most modern simulators with motion and high-definition video screens.

"Arcades usually take a quarter or two, or a token, to play, but here it's set for free play, so experiment with them all"

LadyKatherine

Name: Victoria "Tori"  Valentine
Date | Time: 11 June 2020 | 12:00
Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows
Tagging: Elizabeth, open

Victoria looks around the room "Huh, such a lively place. I'm not sure where to even start."

She walks up to one of the nearby machines and pokes a couple buttons on it.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Wearing:  picture, plus staff taller than she is, camera bag and attached sketch pad, her Australian slouch hat, travel backpack

"Oh, fair warning. Some of these games have cartoonish violence, if that bothers you. I don't see any of the ones with much gore, uh, except for the Mortal Kombat cabinets in the corner. "

I limp over to your chosen game, Mrs Pack Man, and hit start for you, wondering if you will figure out what to do with it all. Probably.

LadyKatherine

Wearing: Small black slightly frilly dress with a pink outline of a heart above the left breast. And black silk gloves that go up to the elbows

"Oh, I'm no stranger to violence" She looks, slightly confused, at the blinking lights on the cabinet. She pushes the joystick around trying to figure out what is does.

"Do you play a lot of games?" She stares blankly at the screen as Ms. Pac-man touches a ghost and dies. She presses start and tries again.

Elizabeth Ecsed

floatleft][/float]Name: Elizabeth

"Oh, do you do martial arts?"

Victoria seems too delicate, and young, to have been in the military, but what do I know about such things?

"Mm, no, not a lot of video games. Though I play sometimes, if I just need a break from it all. It's more fun to be with people, or better yet hiking. Or best of all, reading a book out in the woods. I find better opportunities for photos outside"

LadyKatherine

"Mmm, no. I don't do martial arts. Just forget I said anything"  She makes a face as the Ghost catches her again, she presses the start button again and plays another round.

"You're a Photographer? What kinds of things do you take pictures of?"

Elizabeth Ecsed

floatleft][/float]Name: Elizabeth

"Uh. Ok. Sounds.. like a good idea, yes."

My face brightens at the photography question, and I unzip my bag to get out the camera. I wrap the neck sling in place to keep it steady, and thumb over to the photo display screen.

"Oh, everything. Abandoned houses, people, animals, scenery, nature, weather, freeway overpasses, portraits, interesting almost trick photography... I really like seeing what truths I can capture in reflections. "

My camera is fancy, not top of the line, but absolutely a professional camera. And even on the small screen, my pictures are pretty good

LadyKatherine

The words 'GAME OVER" flash on the screen and Victoria pouts "Well there we go..."

"Is your that your job? Or just a hobby?" Victoria steps away from the cabinet.

Elizabeth Ecsed

"you can start over, if you want more practice. Some of these games are super hard."

I sigh, stroking my camera "i don't..  really have a job. It's been rough, with my leg and all. I live with my parents, actually. And keep myself fed by teaching kids to draw or pretend to take good photos. Often, it's a fancy daycare. But such is life. How about you, what do you do for a living?

Ooh, hey, air hockey. That I can play. Want to try it?"

LadyKatherine

"My father runs his own business of sorts, he has many people all over the world, in all sorts of different businesses. He's been teaching me how to run it when he's gone."

She walks over to the air hockey table and looks at it curiously.

"If you don't mind me asking, if your job is, as you say, 'fancy daycare', how did you end up here? This is a very expensive hotel."

Elizabeth Ecsed

"a multinational conglomerate of some sort? That's either really interesting or really boring. Maybe both simultaneously."

I start the air hockey machine, sliding your paddle to you, then lightly batting the puck towards you. By cradling my staff in one arm, and leaning my good side against the table, I can mimic a decent player.

"Hah! I can't afford it. I struggled to make airfare. But I "won' a two week stay here at one of the endless balls, raffles, and charity events Savannah Society hosts.

I've got.. a friend, who I suspects keeps using such events as cover to send my family slash me things to improve my quality of life."

LadyKatherine

"I'm not sure if I really want to take over, but I'm not sure that decision is up to me"

Victoria tries her best at the game but is really terrible at it.

"Well it is working? Is your quality of life better? Or are you still broke, but at a fancy hotel halfway across the world?" She grins

Elizabeth Ecsed

"If you bounce the puck off the walls at an angle, it helps vs making straightforward attacks. And they can't force you to take over, that's a good way to ensure that you do a really bad job"

I ponder your question for a minute

"I mean, both are true. I'm broke, but my food and shelter and fun is paid for through a couple of weeks. And I'm in an arcade with a lovely lady, so it can't be that bad, right? It's... Not like I was doing anything new in Savannah..."

LadyKatherine

Victoria tries Elizabeth's advice and does modernity better at the game.

"Well if you're so down in the dumps I'm sure my father could find you some employment, someone with your skills could be useful." She stops and thinks for a few seconds, letting in yet another shot "Though I'm not sure if I should get a 'lovely lady' like you mixed up in this"

Elizabeth Ecsed

"uhhh, not going to lie, that last part sounded kinda ominous. Teaching kids is boring and a little bit soul crushing, but seldom ominous. Unless it's something like 'oh, your least favorite student? He's a triplets, and the other two are coming tomorrow'"

Elizabeth mimics thunder, shaking her head.

The air hockey game ends, and I kind of wonder if you let me win. Oh well.

"So, this is an arcade. I'm open to hanging around more if you like. There's a bowling alley, though I don't bowl"

LadyKatherine

"Hmm, I've never gone bowling, so I'll probably be as good at it as table hockey"

Victoria looks around the room "Although I'm also up to exploring the rest of the hotel, if you're not too tired"

Elizabeth Ecsed

"hmm... Not sure what else we should see. I'm too tired for a swim... It's too hot to go outside... I'd fall asleep in the movies... I don't drink... Hrm. I don't know you near well enough to invite you to the sex room.. I don't know, sorry"