If you could have any power...?

Started by Styx26, June 18, 2012, 11:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styx26

Kind of inspired by a thread- if you had a superpower, what would you want to do?

If I had a power, it would be a kind of telekinesis; but rather than move things with my mind, I would use my body.

Throwing a punch or a kick, I would send the force of it outward so a person standing a few feet away would feel the impact full-force. Several attacks could drive them back, without touching them physically.

And I know some are fond of the multi-power skill set; we can limit it to two powers, or one major one.

So... what would your power be?
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

blue bunny sparkle

My power would be... Vanishing Memory.

Making people forget whatever I wanted them to, be it a short or a long involved memory.

Not only could it help clear up misdeeds and mistakes... but for some it would also be a kindness.

Beguile's Mistress

Healing ~ There are so many types of pain:  physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.  There isn't enough healng in the world.

Occident

Control over gases. There is simply too much to mention for how to use it to exploit the enviroment to one's advantage, though not so much in day-to-day life.

Mordred

At first, I was going to be greedy.. and stake my wannabe claim on the ability to shift through time in any direction and location. Ahhhh, but I held off and now, my want at this moment.. is much softer yet even more grand. Influence.. to cause those that need it, which mostly includes those that control the world.. an adjustment on how they see things and in general.. the greed that is wrapped around this world. My aim would be to shift the world into being (ok, now I get into where this sounds corny and I'm in a beauty pageant going on about world peace..) more like that world they tease us with in Star Trek.. where these issues and problems we speak of now are a thing of the past. Does that seem arrogant, that I believe I could have the answers? Perhaps. I'm stuck in my own head.. I only have my viewpoint to mostly go on. :P
*See Pillory*

Galanthor

Shapeshifting, that way I could be any leader of the world, or billionaire, the perfect spy and impossible to catch, money, riches and since i can make myself super sexy women. Might do some robin hood stuff that way...

Kuroneko

Healing factor, hands down, with shapeshifting coming in at a close second (since Mystique heals when she shifts ;) )
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

LaOnomatopoeia

Could I have a powerful object instead?

I'd like to have a jacket that gives me whatever I want, as long as it can fit in the pocket. "Hey Jacket? I want $20." Boom, $20. "Jacket, what about ice cream?" Bam, I pull out an ice cream cone.

badsam

I'm in between a big choice here...
But since Mordred already took one of my favorites ;) I think I will go for the classical telekinesis, specially related to the human bodies (if I can't manipulate the minds, I will manipulate the body). I can find tons of usefull tricks, an example think about having a prof sign your exam, helped by you... sweet

Skadii

I would have the power to read minds and see the future! Oh...the things I could do with that power! 

Mr Bigglesworth

The power to heal would be one of my top ones.  On a more approachable level, I would also want to be able to understand what  people are feeling.  Not necessarily their thoughts, but their feelings.

Mordred

Screw it.. gonna get greedy and go for another power. Perhaps in this new world of beings realizing little mutations are springing up withing our cells, discoveries lead to more. For my next, I choose teleportation. Too many awesome places on this planet for these greedy senses to not absorb. Yet, just like all those books out there I could never find the time to read, no more of this depending on mundane ways of transport. I'm getting there in the blink of an eye. Along with anybody who happens to be holding my hand, arm, neck, leg, etc. Spread the stealth, yeah?
*See Pillory*

Smuthunter

Easy answer: I want the power to manipulate boundaries. Like the boundary between life and death. Or between fantasy and reality. Or male and female. Behold peons, I have become omnipotent! Mwahahahaha!

Melusine

I think I'd like to be able to teleport. I could go to my destination without having to pay, travel everywhere...it would be pretty cool.

Grainne

Wow...I thought this was going to be hard but it's quite easy. I'd have the power to read minds. I think that says it all.  ;D
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Mordred

Actually, I toss away my prior choices. I just want the ability to pause everything. Every single thing apart from me and whatever or whoever I am holding onto. Forgot.. I've always wanted this power.
*See Pillory*

SummerWhispers

U would love to have the ability to make people laugh and smile.

Autumn52

I would like to be able to heal and to be able to use my empathy in some useful way.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mordred

I just realized.. I have no choice but to select 311 super powers. Cheating? Perhaps. I'm a vampire. My sort get away with what we can. Number 3.. for those moment when even with super typing speed.. I get ninja'd.. the lovely target of my suddenly rapidly dissolving post feels the words suddenly whispered in their mind. Mmm, yes. Seems a meager power but.. I think it would be quite useful.
*See Pillory*

AribethAmkiir

I'll take one of each of yours and add in flying.

Grainne

I'll take Ari's wager and up it to mental healing.  :-)
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Mordred

For my next magic trick.. (aka.. Power Numero Quatro).. I shall spin the world on it's ass and send my reality into being a tiny little drop to absorb into the next (and/or the next one.. or so.. after) bundle of lusciousness and swim inside the veins of something warm and sweet and wildly enchanting. Yessssss.. the vampire shall not take from the vein.. but be fully inside the vein. I just hope.. being reduced to such a primal reality.. I can remember how to get back. And yet, there would be worse ways to lose oneself, yes?
*See Pillory*

Styx26

@ Mordred: You know, I had you figured to have the ability to change everything you touch into a blue color. *shrugs*
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Mordred

@ Styx26... I can do that. It's like breathing. But.. back around 1843 or so.. a naughty little minx somehow clamped my undying wrists in silver for turning her.. heh.. body parts.. blue. I have become scarred from that incident. Similar to when in 1976.. I had too much licorice. And.. in 1988.. too much tequila. All three moments are to me very harsh memories. *grins* I got over the tequila thing.
*See Pillory*