The Wall (Tenative Interest/ Pathfinder LV15)(Maybe Open to 6?)

Started by TheScarletBlade, July 03, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Working on mine, I just take alot of time so I can sort through the options and build a good one.

Zaer Darkwail

Anyways, not sure does GM allow full exposure of sheets to each other but for synopsis my staff magus main repertoire is that he is silver bullet magus. High AC, good saves and able sling spells on fly from spellbook thanks improved spell recall feature. However he does not know all spells what magus may know but I picked good selection of utility, offense and defense (nor he has much spell slots but overall I aimed him to be magical problem solver). His main physical offense comes from using dimensional assault (full attack into melee with dimensional door rapid teleporting). Albeit he smacks hard with staff but his dmg is not one shot dmg in category (more annoying group of enemies), but he can provide solid melee support and be elusive as he can teleport often around and keep enemy on toes.

For fluff and for serious advantage for team members he has hallow deck and hallow spell as well. So he can grant luck based boon pool for folks. Skill set wise he is bit scoundrel but nothing above +10 modifier in any those skills mostly (but can do bit trickery to fool generic minions but not bosses).

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Miguel montoia

Male dwarf gentleman 1/gunslinger (gun tank) 6/Hellknight 8 (Pathfinder RPG Adventurer's Guide 90, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 9, 50)

LN Medium humanoid (dwarf)

Init +10; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 (+12 to notice unusual stonework)

Defense

AC 40, touch 17, flat-footed 38 (+14 armor, +5 deflection, +2 Dex, +9 shield)

hp 171 (15d10+21)

Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +6 (+4 bonus vs. charm effects, +2 bonus vs. compulsion effects); +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Defensive Abilities force of will (charm<sup>ISWG</sup>, compulsion<sup>ISWG</sup>), defensive training

Offense

Speed 20 ft.

Melee gauntlet (from armor) +15/+10/+5 (1d3+2) or

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;longsword +15/+10/+5 (1d8+2/19-20) or

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;unarmed strike +15/+10/+5 (1d3+2 nonlethal)

Ranged +2 shotgun +20 (1d8+2) or

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;thunder hammer +19 (2d8+10/19-20/×4 plus 1d6 fire)

Special Attacks deeds (deadeye, gun tank's resolve, gunslinger initiative, pistol-whip, quick clear, utility shot), grit (2), gun training +5 (culverin), hatred, lawbringer, smite chaos 3/day (+3 attack and AC, +8 damage)

Hellknight Spell-Like Abilities (CL 8th; concentration +11)

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;At will—detect chaos

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6/day—discern lies

Statistics

Str 14, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 16

Base Atk +15; CMB +17; CMD 37 (41 vs. bull rush, 41 vs. trip)

Feats Combat Reflexes, Deadly Aim, Far Shot, Gunsmithing<sup>UC</sup>, Improved Critical (culverin), Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Precise Strike<sup>APG</sup>, Rapid Shot

Traits armor expert, gunlover

Skills Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (blacksmith) +4 (+6 on checks related to metal or stone), Craft (firearms) +4 (+6 on checks related to metal or stone), Disable Device -2, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (planes) +4 (+4 vs. forbidden lore, +4 vs. non-forbidden lore), Linguistics +5, Perception +10 (+12 to notice unusual stonework), Profession (torturer) +7 (+9 on checks related to metal or stone), Ride -1, Stealth +5, Survival +8, Swim -3; Racial Modifiers craftsman<sup>APG</sup>, +2 Perception to notice unusual stonework

Languages Common, Dwarven, Giant, Necril

SQ armor training, bullet defection, catchphrase, disciplines (tracker<sup>ISWG</sup>, wrack<sup>ISWG</sup>), forbidden lore (0 lore; +0/+0), gunsmith, Hellknight armor 3, insanity points (0; effective Wis 12/12), magical sensor, Order of the Nail<sup>ISWG</sup>

Combat Gear arrowmaster's bracers<sup>UE</sup>, sniper goggles<sup>APG</sup>; Other Gear armor of time, shield of bolstering, +2 shotgun<sup>UC</sup>, thunder hammer<sup>UC</sup>, longsword, - legendary/dynamic item -<sup>MA</sup>, amulet of bullet protection +5<sup>UC</sup>, belt of incredible dexterity +6, endless bandolier<sup>UE</sup>, gunman's duster<sup>UE</sup>, major cloak of displacement, ring of craft magic<sup>ARG</sup>, ring of protection +5, sniper's helmet, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, gunsmith's kit<sup>UC</sup>, gunsmith's kit<sup>UC</sup>, hemp rope (50 ft.), holy symbol with flask<sup>UE</sup>, mess kit<sup>UE</sup>, pot, powder horn<sup>UC</sup>, tattoo holy symbol<sup>UE</sup>, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 2,443 gp, 1 cp

Special Abilities

Armor Training 1 (Ex) Worn armor -1 check penalty, +1 max DEX.

Bullet Defection (+9) (Ex) A gun tank is adept at modifying and using her armor to stop firearm attacks. Starting at 2nd level, a gun tank wearing medium or heavy armor gains half the armor's bonus plus the armor's enhancement bonus (if any) as a deflection bonus against any n

Catchphrase (1d6) (Ex) As a standard action, ally in 30 ft gains d6s used as bonus on skill, save, or attack.

Combat Reflexes (6 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.

Craftsman +2 on Craft/Profession checks related to metal/stone.

Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).

Deadly Aim -4/+8 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.

Deeds Use Grit to perform special abilities with your firearms.

Defensive Training +4 Gain a dodge bonus to AC vs. monsters of the Giant subtype.

Detect Chaos (At will) (Sp) You can use detect chaos at will (as the spell).

Discern Lies (6/day) (Sp) At 2nd level, a Hellknight can use discern lies as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 plus his Charisma modifier. His caster level equals his total character level.

Far Shot Halve the range increment penalty for extended range.

Forbidden Lore (0 lore; +0/+0) Knowing lore grants bonuses on lore related knowledge checks but penalties on others.

Force of Will - Charm +4 (Ex) +4 save vs. charm spells.

Force of Will - Compulsion +2 (Ex) +2 save vs. compulsion spells.

Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.

Gun Training On a misfire with chosen firearm type, misfire value only increase by 2 (instead of 4).

Gunsmith Gain free starting firearm that only you can use properly.

Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.

Hatred +1 Gain a racial bonus to attacks vs. Goblinoids/Orcs.

Hellknight Armor 3 (Ex) Hellknight Armor -3 check penalty, +3 max DEX.

Insanity Points Insanity points lower Wisdom for skills and ability checks, but raise it for everything else.

Lawbringer (Su) Your attacks are considered Lawful for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Magical Sensor (1/day) Magical Sensor grants view 600 ft. above with 360-degree viewpoint as if actually there.

Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.

Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.

Precise Strike +1d6 precision damage for melee attacks if you and an ally with this feat flank the same target.

Rapid Shot You get an extra attack with ranged weapons. Each attack is at -2.

Smite Chaos (3/day) (Su) +3 to hit, +8 to damage, +3 deflection bonus to AC when used.

Stonecunning +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs. unusual stonework. Free check within 10 feet.

Tracker (2/day) (Su) Summon an Animal to aid you.

Wrack (2/day, DC 17) (Su) Touch attack deals 1d6+3 damage, and sickens those who fail a Will save.

<p>Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.</p>
</body>
</html>

Sye

Maguses are truly wonderful! Think I may try the brawler hybrid class :) I feel an old character being made for this group haha

Chulanowa

I'm interested, provided I can dream up a character before its full - that's always the challenge with me, lol

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Saika on July 19, 2018, 10:49:36 AM
Maguses are truly wonderful! Think I may try the brawler hybrid class :) I feel an old character being made for this group haha

Brawler is rather solid build, just a tip; get pummeling style feats. So can do some nice stuff with charging and pummel people down.

Snake

I was working on a Bloodrager using some of the advanced armor training stuff :3 using Steelblood :3

Sye

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 19, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Brawler is rather solid build, just a tip; get pummeling style feats. So can do some nice stuff with charging and pummel people down.

>:)

TheScarletBlade

“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Muse

Wow!  Looks like I'm way, way, way too late! Please let me know if an opening every showes up! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Not too late muse, this is first come, first served. You just need work sheet fast asap and send it in PM to the GM and your in. Anyways below is my char in detail;

Adrhan Draegan
Background
Adrhan Draegan was a orphan, a child with faintly glowing red eyes found by wandering gypsies tucked comfortably in a basked placed on trade road. No idea of his origins as there was no villages near by and even most magical skilled could tell a teleportation spell had been cast in area a while ago. They camped and waited week in area, much as their supplies allowed, but so far mysterious caster of spell was not found. He was raised among them, learning their ways and culture and gypsies were mixed racially, living in their society was matter of philosophy of peace, love and compassion.

He was not talented crafter nor a dancer, but he was fine in other art; in art of deception in games and had deft fingers. Easily leeching money from various travelers who thought challenge him in game of dice or cards. But thanks his unnatural faintly glowing red eyes, it was assumed he had dark lineage and was not trusted nor gained much friends outside the gypsies he traveled with.

Then one day gypsies were attacked, usual defense for such was to run and hide or use deception to mislead, but the caravan was ambushed by bandits who sought kill everyone, rob all they have and rape the rest young people. Then surging something inside him Adrhan threw his harrow cards, shouting in fury and anger and cursing bandits with power of the deck....and suddenly cards glowed and unleashed explosive deadly magic upon the victims! Wildly magic flared in his veins as he defended the caravan with display of brilliant magic! It scared bandits running away one front, give gypsie wagons opening to run away and he tagged on wagon as it speeded away top speed away from rest of ambush. Some members of caravan died but most survived.

But, gypsies as peaceful pacifists banished him in next meeting with elders at next camp site. Albeit grateful for his interference and they otherwise would not mind such helps from outsiders, but from their own caravan member it's grave crime to use violence. So they asked Adrhan to leave the caravan for good. Adrhan then thus departed from his adoptive family in age of seventeen, starting his own independent wandering and traveling. He studied by himself, stealing magical tomes from wizards, bookshops and so on to try figure out magic he used. He instinctively knew couple spells which he could memorize and use with cards. But once studying arcane formulas from one stolen spellbook he understood it....and could cast it.

Overall his own research carried him nowhere, he was grasping shadows and knew only couple magical tricks. But true guidance to greatness and answers came with suddenly waking up with pitch black dark staff in his lap in the road; the staff communed in telepathically manner to him. Told that his blood, his lineage, had been awakened and that his lineage was ancient, old and noble. But what lineage? The staff did not tell, but told glowing eyes were not from devil, demon or monster; but simply having great arcane potential in his veins which he inherited.

The staff, Blackstaff, informed Adrhan that he was magus and through dreams and advices staff taught him how cast more magic, fight better and also help him purchase his first spellbook and write and study spells down. Becoming largely independent self-taught magus. However despite his lineage stems from ancient one, clouded in traditions, the staff did not inform any of those traditions as he said "Your real family rejected you and kicked you out of the family, but despite that they cannot block from lineage manifesting. So thus you have no need bound yourself to same traditions, codes and rules."

Adrhan then used his magic for generally for good, but defying authority and rules whenever it suited him. Becoming wandering gambler, mercenary for hire who works for whim and basic ideal. A adventurer.

Around age of twenty the Dark Monarch’s Forces (DMF) started gather and attack. Next decade he spend helping and defending communities against threats, then worked on evacuations and then worked on harassing enemy forces to slow their progress down (along side some other renown heroes, which most have died like martyrs). Adrhan had few times tempted with thought to die as well, but his staff reminds him; "If you die? Who remembers them with toast in memorial day of the dead?"

So Adrhan has against odds fought hard both protect but also survive. As wall started to be build he was along with other heroes defending against enemy armies, especially against devils and demons which rapid teleporting movement he could match and his spell selection was versatile and had knowledge of planar entities himself. Along with way shut down his foe's means of escape as he assaulted them with his staff and magic. He may not be most powerful archmage or warrior who could crush ogre sized brute in single blow, but he was most difficult foe to pin down and heavily defensive. Striking foes unawares and tricking them and wear them down in battle and often forcing on retreat. Or crush them if against odds they keep fighting.

However he is by nature still disliking authority and chain of command, so despite membership in Mithril he mostly likes to do what he prefers to do in regards doing missions and has casual disrespect for high and mighty figures. Expect to veteran warriors and fellow heroes. He cares not for brass who got into position thanks pre-wall noble lineages, only true warriors who had faced DMF troops in combat have earned his respect. He spends his casual free time in playing cards, continue be entertaining gambler and ladies charmer. His only true weakness comes in beautiful women (and trouble he gets into). Succubi are especially dangerous to him as his guard is bit lower against them and likes show mercy towards beauty, which he recognizes even on devils and demons when it's due.

Class changes (approved)
My staff magus is also bladebound, but this case could called 'staffbound'. However instead of binding to single staff, he instead binds to existing magical staff, process bit similar how Venom symbiote takes over a body from a host, his case Blackstaff does so with existing magical staff and changes it into sentient staff. Also spending point from arcane pool he can recharge charges in his staff which he is bound to.

Also normally card caster could not combined to blade bound archetype (because they both affect arcane pool), however the thing is card caster changes arcane pool function from empowering melee weapons to empowering thrown cards (turn them into weapon). Blade bound other hand splits arcane pool between black blade and Magus. Neither archetypes 'removes' feature like archetypes usually do, both making minor change to the same class feature and changes are not even similar.

So GM approved combine blade bound ('staff bound') with card caster. All as means able fill 'gambit' fantasy.

LtFox

Hello hello, much interest here.

As a happy coincidence, I already had a spare high-level character that never actually got any action.  Just need to buff it up a couple of levels and add equipment.

Anyways, submitting a high-power Umbral Sorcerer, a Shadowcaster.  Packing enough firepower to knock a dragon on it's ass, and all the utility one could ever need.

A question, though, before I post my character.  Are background skills in use?  These days, I take it as a granted mostly, but generally it's smart to ask.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Waldham

Lament
Race :  Human
Level : Wasteland Blightbreaker Chirurgeon Promethean Alchemist
Character sheet on Myth-Weavers (coming soon)

Muse

So there's a complete magus application?  Anything else? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Petrus02

my arcane trickster is still under review but tenatively approved. wizard4/rogue1 arcane trickster 10 sheet is posted somewhere on the site before

Muse

Okay, sounds like a divine caster will be more useful than my Dragon Disciple. 

Does this world have Golarion's pantheon? 

Muse

Ah, insomnia.  How would I get anything done without you? 

Well, obviously she's not done already, but she's coming along fast. it's an action theme I build on a lot in pathfinder, though never before at this level! 

Edit:  I'm not supposed to link google drive to the public portions of the site.  *Snips*  Just going to send this link to our GM, Zaer, and anyone who asks for it, and leave her history here.

Briar Rose Brandywine

"I think it was five years ago?  Maybe eight? 

"The enemy was getting dangerously close to my little village of Lowhill.  While we were all packing up to leave, falling deep into more friendly territory barrels of bulk goods and bag on bag of seed with which to start over, i watched the armies of the big folk marching to the front to fight for us.  Brave men, young and old.  Boys younger than me even not counting halfling years.  More than a few lithe, fresh faced boys whom i was pretty sure were binding their chests down beneath that mail. 

"They going to fight. 

"They were going to die. 

"And we were going to go hide behind a half built wall. 

"I couldn’t stand it.  I’m just a halfling, and small for my kind.  I learned scimitar, sickle and sling to defend myself, not well enough to take to war.  I'm too weak, my arms too short, and back then I bore only the tiniest hint of Sarenrae's blessing. 

"But I took my scimitar and my sickle. I took clean bandages and sterile thread and all the medicinal herbs I could carry.  I followed those big folk to the front.  They told me to go home. I just waited.  When the men began to fall, I ran out onto the field, lithe and nimble as only a halfling dancer could be.  I healed the dying and helped them get back behind their lines.  When I had too, I struck the undead with magic stones. I burned the living with holy fires.  I slashed with sickle and scimitar. Unleashed the ever growing wrath of the sun goddess.   

"Time and again, I brought these people back from the brink of death, ‘til even death could not hold back my power…  Not if I could find enough diamonds. 

"I’m doing it still.  I dance through the battlefields now, slicing and slashing my way through the foe with holy iron, burning and banishing ‘til I find where I’m needed most, and I bring them home. 

"That’s why you called me here, isn’t it sir?  You know I’ll stick with these men.  I’ll help them do what needs doing, and then I’ll bring them home.” 

LtFox

Okay, just zipped my Shadowcaster Sorcerer off to the DM, still waiting on word about background skills.

Otherwise, I've got a spell slot for 5, 6 and 7ths level spells still open, so if you think of an Arcane spell for those levels that you could really use in the party, feel free to share!  Turns out, when you build a sorcerer around shadow spells, you wind up with plenty of space in your spells known, quite the opposite of the usual sorcerer problem.

Now to whip up a suitable background...
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Petrus02

Wall of Force is a great spell to have, place a wall between you and your enemies, when they threaten to overwhelm the party. Passwal lets you open a passage where none is. situational but nice to have
Telekinesis are pretty versatile, if your creative enough to use it

At 6th level the first thing i thought off was cold ice strike. swift action means you don't need to know quicken spell, which is real nice, although the  area it effects is rather poor. expect to hit one, maybe two enemies with it. Disintegrate targets a safe that you most likely won't target that often when you use shadow magic - and deals mayor damage if you succeed
Maybe Greater heroism or Geas/Quest could help, although i do accknowledge that you burn through your spells exceedingly fast if you use greater heroism on yourself for every battle - even faster when you use it for others, but it can be a great help for the frontliners if you do.

Summon monster 7 is a versatile Spell to have, although the duration is still shitty. nonetheless, if you summon something it can deal damage, soak damage and stay in front of you to block enemies moving to you so... its a good thing i guess. If your more into shadow, maybe take hungry Darkness? its a fun spell, but please think before casting it upon us^^
Or take greater Black tentacles, it only targets evil things, leaving us free to walk within.

LtFox

Some of those I already have, and I'll be using summons mostly through Shadow Conjuration and Greater Shadow Conjuration.  It's even better than the standard version objectively, since casting time is a Standard Action.  Even if the critters have reduced health, they'll still do damage and block stuff off.

I'm considering some of the others, though I'm on the fence on Cold Ice strike since I have Quicken already and can use it on a lot of stuff, might take it for backup.  Also on that point, how many can already cast Haste, or should I drop it from my spell list if most others can already cast it?
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Petrus02

I've got fly in my spellbook and prepared once, but i wouldn't call it on the fly^^

Muse

Herosim is really nice, too.  Good hope is better.  : )

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Petrus02 on July 21, 2018, 10:14:34 AM
I've got fly in my spellbook and prepared once, but i wouldn't call it on the fly^^

I do not have fly but have overland flight spell (so my guy can fly most of the day).

Snake