Aetheria: The Shadow War [Fairy Tale Crossover! ALL NEEDED! Free Cake!]

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2018, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

I know, right?!

Come, you know you want to! Cake is delicious! And the game is pretty good too! :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Levi

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 21, 2018, 06:58:00 AM
I know, right?!

Come, you know you want to! Cake is delicious! And the game is pretty good too! :P

I guess I might be able to manage one post every two weeks. I'll pm you with an idea.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Vergil Tanner

One post every couple of weeks is all we ask! RL takes precedent, we understand :-) Though if it gets to three weeks, you might get a naggy PM ;) :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Levi

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 21, 2018, 07:12:24 AM
One post every couple of weeks is all we ask! RL takes precedent, we understand :-) Though if it gets to three weeks, you might get a naggy PM ;) :P

*Gasp* not the naggy PM! Save me!

Vergil Tanner

Alas, ye Sinner, for none but the Righteously Punctual shall be saved from the Naggy PM on Judgement Day.

:P

VonDoom

Would it be terribly misplaced to suggest getting a room?  O:) :P ;D

I'm still here, just had a very busy week and didn't get much done. Currently working on a post owed, but after that I should hopefully be able to focus on Jafar.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Vergil Tanner

Not a problem! RL gets in the way - she's a bitch like that - but so long as ya let me know, it's all good :D

Levi

Story Book Title/Fable: Hansel and Gretel, Brothers Grimm
Character Name: Hansel and Gretel
Sexual Preference: Bi - Sexual

Face Claim: Seth Green and Karen Gillan
Physical Description: Hansel- Standing at 5'9, Hansel has short messy red hair and piercing green eyes, he has a cheeky smile that he hides all his emotions behind and a youthful appearance. Hansel is not muscular but lean and nimble quick on his toes his light frame shows signs of malnutrition. He has a tattoo of a candy house on his chest.

Gretel- Standing at 5'8, not much different Gretel from her twin brother, long red hair that has a natural wave to it and dark green eyes. Gretel likes accessories, shes a bit of tough girl and has more muscle mass then her brother but that's because she does more chores around the house! Gretel has the same tattoo on her back. Up until the move they have always worn German Lederhosen.

Personality: Hansel is charming mind a devil may care sort of way, his easy smile and delicate appearance often lead women to fawn over him. The young man takes advantage of this and often gets free meal and bed with company out of the arrangement. He is smarter then he appears and can be crafty.He has no real aims in life apart from to protect his sister from harm now he is free from the story, Hansel wants simply to enjoy the freedom of not being hungry or abandoned or afraid for the first time in his life.

Gretel on the other hand is dutiful and respectful, due to their impoverished beginnings she has become rather talented at needle work and being able to turn scraps of nothing into serviceable clothing and headscarves. Now she is free her aim is to become a well known seamstress and fashion setter.
Both twins can not believe their luck in gaining their freedom from the book. Sure they miss the wealth they gain at the end of the tale but the feelings of resentment towards their parents for abandoning them and to the witch who tried to eat them are enough to stop them wanting to return.

The Moment The Bubble Popped: Hansel and Gretel had just been abandoned by their parents a second time, the twins had spent the previous night locked in the house with no supper, Hansel had managed to steal some bread when they left the house that morning and the pair had planned to follow the breadcrumbs to the place they knew as home. However they were soon to discover the trail was gone, devoured by birds.

They wandered completely lost through the woods for several days until Gretel spotted a brilliant white bird, the twins followed it and as they did so the creature began to grow bigger and brighter, Gretel grasped her brother's hand as the landscape vanished into a bright white light...when she awoke with a gasp, the young woman sat up and looked around where was she....and more importantly where was her brother?! Panicked she spent hours calling for him,hunting through the quiet city until Gretel happened upon her reflection in a window, she had turned into Hansel!

Skills, Abilities and Powers: When the twins crossed over from their story, something went wrong and the two became one, one body, and one mind... So now Hansel is Gretel and Gretel is Hansel. Hearing a man's voice coming from a female body is unnerving to say the least but the hidden twin can still speak to the active twin telepathically.

Unique Item: None.

Home / Profession: The twins chose for themselves a rather upscale home in the Luxury Quarter, after living with nothing for so long only the best will now do. Gretel has made a name for herself as an apt seamstress and fashion designer. While Hansel usually takes over to do the battering and exchanging. They are the uptime tag team.

Turn Ons: Hansel- Dom/sub switch, easy women and good food
Gretel- Dom/sub switch,Romance, deep penetration
Turn Offs: Vore, gore,scatt,watersport

Theme Song:
Tribute

Connections: This will be filled out later.

tattoo

Vergil Tanner

Haha, we both love it! Very well done, they look like they're gonna be very, very interesting characters to play opposite xD

How does the change trigger? Does it happen seemingly at random, or can they control the change?

Also, when you've got it done, PM us the Writing Prompt please. We've written with you before, but we can't play favourites! :P

Levi

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 21, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Haha, we both love it! Very well done, they look like they're gonna be very, very interesting characters to play opposite xD

How does the change trigger? Does it happen seemingly at random, or can they control the change?

Also, when you've got it done, PM us the Writing Prompt please. We've written with you before, but we can't play favourites! :P

I'm thinking a bit of both, most of the time they can control who is the dominant twin, but if Gretle gets overly scared then her brother will take over and if Gretle doesn't like the lastest  female that Hasnsel is hitting on she will take over.

Vergil Tanner

LOL. I like it :P Plenty of opportunities for fun and drama and awkward conversations. Very interesting, as far as characters go, though I didn't expect anything less ;)

Tokyorose627

This looks like fun. My muse hasn’t been the greatest the past few months, but this idea intrigued me! Would I be able to make a character from an obscure fairytale?

Vergil Tanner

So long as I can figure out who they are from a google search, go ahead :P

Tokyorose627

Out of curiosity regarding the issue with no outright villains, how would it work with reformed villains? Do they immediately turn to the side of good right when the game starts, or can our characters that are somewhat villainous or antihero-like be apart of the villains for a short time and then reform over to the good side after a short span of the game? Curious cause this would possibly affect my character.

PentheWonderful

The reason for the "no outright villains" is that we want everybody on board the story. Characters who would actually partake in the salvation of the land in the first place, and not just characters who were villains in their story. After all, we already have Jafar and the Big Bad Wolf. :P

Since, it's really up to you what the character would be like after being pulled out of their fairy tales. A villain could become a hero, and a hero could become a bad guy, but that being said, there isn't actually a "villains" group you could join in the game that antagonises the characters other than the shadow monsters and one Big Bad character that isn't even currently IN Aetheria or accessible to the characters. So, it comes down to whether your character helps save the day or just decides "nah, let the world burn" which is the only villain side there feasibly is, I suppose. But then you wouldn't be able to participate in the story. :P
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Tokyorose627

Quote from: PentheWonderful on June 22, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
The reason for the "no outright villains" is that we want everybody on board the story. Characters who would actually partake in the salvation of the land in the first place, and not just characters who were villains in their story. After all, we already have Jafar and the Big Bad Wolf. :P

Since, it's really up to you what the character would be like after being pulled out of their fairy tales. A villain could become a hero, and a hero could become a bad guy, but that being said, there isn't actually a "villains" group you could join in the game that antagonises the characters other than the shadow monsters and one Big Bad character that isn't even currently IN Aetheria or accessible to the characters. So, it comes down to whether your character helps save the day or just decides "nah, let the world burn" which is the only villain side there feasibly is, I suppose. But then you wouldn't be able to participate in the story. :P

That’s alright, I wanted to know for clarification. I’ll get working on my character sheet.

Tokyorose627

Agh this will be done soon. ;A;

Story Book Title/Fable: Koschei the Deathless
Character Name: Koschei, Dmitry Romanov (Alias)
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Face Claim: Tom Felton

Physical Description: Koschei, unlike the stories and tales told of him, is a handsome young man, with short blonde hair, and with piercing ocean blue eyes. With broad, scarred shoulders, his body is more muscular then more people tend to believe, having to work hard to keep himself alive during the training sessions that his grandfather put him through. Hardened and not one to back down and surrender, his former scars and bruises litter his body, once healed and ones that still need to.

Personality: Koschei is someone that suffered in silence as a young boy, having been forced to follow the teachings of his grandfather when his parents were no longer there to take care of him. A star struck boy with a naivety that all children had slowly dwindled as his story began, beginning to realize the cost that some mages went to achieve greatness was all but too high for a boy at such a young age. Despite his wishes to stop, his grandfather forced him down the path, causing him to become submissive, due to his weakness to stand up to the only person he knew, the only family he knew. As years passed he suffered in silence, causing hatred to bubble up inside him, manifesting into a short lived temper that matches his adult mind once he finds himself free of his story, and of his old life. Koschei, in Atheria, is someone who is less prone to kill when told, and more freewilled. Despite this, his lack of social skills, childhood, and friendships with others, has caused the man to be somewhat of a recluse, keeping to himself within his workshop cottage along the outskirts of the city, under the guise of a haggard old man that sells potions and herbs to help remedy sicknesses and pains.

The Moment The Bubble Popped: Koschei's life growing up was anything but happy. Born to a wealthy mother and father that were both versed in magic, Koschei was equally bound by family tradition to take on the responsibilities of learning the craft like they had. He originally didn't want to, but from the strict teachings of his parents, which even include beatings or starvation, Koschei was forced into the family tradition of learning the magical arts, unwillingly. Lessons were hard for Koschei, as he could tell that his parents wanted him to become a great wizard and magic user, going to extremes to make sure he would get spells and incantations down correctly. Beating him, verbally abusing him, even going so far as to use one of the items that they bound a piece of his soul to against him until they received favorable results, Koschei kept going despite what he was put through, his mind starting to warp tremendously down a dark path of wanting revenge, his thoughts aiming towards his parents and wanting nothing more then to make them stop; permanently. His childhood was taken from him, and as he grew older, his magic improved like his family had wanted. Becoming a well versed magic user himself, he was made to use spells and magic for others to get money for his parents, who had squandered their wealth for frivolous purposes, leaving them with almost nothing. Night after night, day after day, Koschei would spend his time being forced to do work for his parents, until at the age of a young man, he had been able to loosen the locks that confined him to the dungeon below their family mansion.

He was free.

With no remorse, Koschei took his magic out on his parents, using the darkest of arts to torture them for hours on end, to make them suffer for what they had put him through, before he went in search of his grandfather, the man who had forced Koschei down this path from the start. Having been forced down that dark path once before, already forced to kill innocents, to house dark magic within his soul, to become what no mage wishes, he fought his grandfather the moment he laid eyes in him, mage against mage, blood against blood. Their family home, once a large mansion with stunning marble and jeweled furniture, with portraits of their families framed for posterity, were all but burned and marred in their harsh and wicked battle. Spells were cast and drawn in a flurry, obliterated statues and rooms in tatters as both thirsted for blood, for victory. When the dust cleared and Koschei was left standing, soul-infused pendant within his grasp, a flash burst from the sky, lighting suddenly cracking down from the heavens, as it felt like the earth itself was splitting in two.

Unknowning of what was happening, Koschei believed that his grandfather had set a curse in himself if he were to perish by his grandsons hands, and accepting the fate that life had dealt him, he waited. A plunging feeling came from his gut, and in an instant, he fell, slamming against the cold dirt within a wooded area, similar to what surrounded his destroyed home, yet...not. In the pitch black of night, Koschei found himself in a new land, somewhere he had never been before. Disorientated and cinfused he walked for days, wand at his side in search of any form of food or water, until the day came that, in the distance, a kingdom could be seen. Finding a wayward soul that was willing to part with food and drink he rejuvenated himself, before finding himself in a land known as Aetheria. Hesitant and unsure of who or what lurked within the city walls, he secluded himself within a small shack at the end of the city, using his magic to help set up a shop to help keep ends meet for himself, all while under the guise of an old herbsman, while he continues to cast spells and study sorcery in the environment that he has only been accustomed to; far off, secluded, and alone. He spends his days alone gathering herbs and supplies to fend for himself and his magical purposes, all while on the hunt for a lost item; a ornate Ruby Pendant, holding within it the third piece of Koschei's Soul. Not willing for the pendant to be used to control him once more, Koschei desperately searches every inch of the land to find the item, before it falls into the wrong hands.

Ruby Pendant

Skills:

Language: Koschei is able to speak a few different languages, from Russian, French, and even different forms of English, however he's most fluent in English and Russian.

Powers and Abilities

Hexes: Having been taught ‘properly’ by his grandfather, Koschei has the knowledge of over a dozen hexes for easy and simple use. Casting with his wand, along with proper movement, allows him to do such things as move objects freely with the use of levitation, the ability to unlock doors that are otherwise sealed, and to illuminate rooms within darkness. However not all of the spells he has have worked, and with needing complete concentration and how the spells work in order to cast them, constant effort and practice is required to flawlessly cast them. As well, a user of magic must use absolute concentration, and the watcher that flows within them that helps cast the magic. Depending on the type of spell and what it does, an amount of aether could be consumed. When one runs out, sleep, food, or a transfer of aether  from another individual can help replenish the lost magic.

Some examples include:

Effero: A simple spell that allows an object or individual to be levitated. Concentration is key or else the item, or person, will fall from whichever height they are left at when the spell breaks.

Resero: Unlocks doors, chests, and other things that are unopebable. The spell will not work if a higher level protection spell is cast upon the item or door that an individual wishes to unlock.

Dark Arts: The dark arts are spells, curses, and incantations that Koschei was forced to learn by his grandfather. Although he still has the knowledge, he refuses to use them, wishing to have no connection to his grandfather and his teachings. Despite this, he can’t help but remember, and the spells, and temptation to use them, still haunt him.

Expendo: A black magic spell that, when cast, causes immense internal and external pain. Despite leaving no physical cuts or injuries, the pain is intense enough to break some individuals, and outright kill them in some occasions. The spell requires a specific target, and hatred towards the individual in order to be cast correctly.

Perforo: A devastating spell that, when targeted at an individual, causes stab wounds to litter their body, as if a sword of knife has pierced through their skin. Only a handful of stab wounds open, however depending on the accuracy and concentration of the spell, people can survive from the curse.

Due to the barrier that surrounds the city however, as well as the limited magical potential that Koschei possesses since finding himself in Aetheria, he’s only limited to Hexes such as Effero and Resero, and the Dark Arts spell known as Inlusio, a dark magic that allows the user to create an illusion of their targets worst fear. This spell only works if the spellcaster knows the target personally, such as friends, family, or loved ones.

Unique Item: As Koschei was tormented, abused, and mentally broken down by his grandfather to learn all ways of magic, and most importantly, the dark arts, he found that a conduit was needed to channel his grandsons full magical potential. Some sorcerers opted to use their bodies as conduits despite the risk and pain the user receives, but with Koschei’s conditioning and fragile body being unable to withstand the pressure of magical arts flowing through him, his grandfather created a wand that would be bound to him, and only him. Made from mahogany wood, it fits comfortably in his hand, and can be kept in a side pocket within his jacket or cloak for easy accessibility. However, despite the one ‘gift’ that Koschei’s grandfather gifted him, it has a much darker history.

Sorcerers, Witches, and Wizards within Koschei’s world hunt down others, seeking power, wealth, and recognition beyond what a normal mortal can achieve. By using the greatest, and most dangerous of dark arts, renown can be achieved for any such magic user. Koschei’s grandfather, obsessed with glory and recognition, decided that his grandson would be the perfect candidate for such a task, to bring their family to glory and to rule over the royals that spat in his face. By using one of the most forbidden spells in magical history, against his will, Koschei’s soul was split into three parts. One piece, kept within him, while another was placed within the wand that Koschei was forced to wield. With part of his soul infused into the magical item, Koschei’s magic is much more potent, and powerful, due to the contact the his soul has within his body, to the piece resting within the wand. Bound to him by spiritual force, Koschei can summon his wand to his hand if taken away or thrown.

However, if the wand is somehow taken, and destroyed, a third of Koschei’s life will be taken away.

Wand

Home / Profession: Koschei currently lives in the kingdom with a rundown looking shack near the far ends of the shopping district. In the nooks and crannies of the many stores, lays “Flamel’s Potion and Herb Shop”, where others may walk into to purchase or request certain herbs and remedies from sicknesses, to health related issues, sleeping, and other necessities. Koschei owns and runs this store under the guise of a haggard old alchemist named “Aleksei Flemel”. Using magic, he disguises himself, unsure if enemies from his own world had followed or got caught in whatever had led him to Aetheria.

Aleksei Flamel (Koschei’s Disguise)

Inside Shop

However, with an incantation and a wave of his wand, the storage door to his shop that leads to a closet of magical herbs and supplies, instead leads down a long staircase, revealing a large room filled with books, scrolls, and other materials used for magical study. It also leads down another door that keeps Koschei’s living quarters, becoming a magical pocket that holds his true home.

Secret Room

Turn Ons: Strong women, foreplay, oral, anal, biting, rough sex, teasing, love-making (if he finds the right person of course ;D)
Turn Offs: Scat, bloodplay, gross stuff like that!

Theme Songs: (Don’t really have a theme for him but I use this song when I write for Koschei >~<)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire “Harry in Winter”

PentheWonderful

"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Vergil Tanner

Ooooh, not bad at all, Tokyo! Interesting so far!

ALSO.

LEVI! You are approved! *throws a party* Wooo!

Tokyorose627

Thanks guys. Tired from work but getting back into writing the profile after listening to some music I use for the character. :)

Will hopefully be done tonight!

Levi

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 22, 2018, 09:02:42 PM
Ooooh, not bad at all, Tokyo! Interesting so far!

ALSO.

LEVI! You are approved! *throws a party* Wooo!

Thanks! :D

PentheWonderful

Tokyorose627

Ok for the time being Koschei’s profile is finished! I wanted to put a place in the profile explaining his whole backstory but I wasn’t really sure where to put it! >_<

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on June 23, 2018, 12:53:06 AM
Ok for the time being Koschei’s profile is finished! I wanted to put a place in the profile explaining his whole backstory but I wasn’t really sure where to put it! >_<

Bonjour love~

I must say, I love the amount of detail you put into the finished bio, and I love the character already. I can't wait to play alongside him :D

However, just one thing: Vergil and I have agreed that Koschei feels a bit too powerful. Since the city tones down most magical abilities, we'd prefer if you chose one or two types of magic that you listed Koschei to have, and omit the shapeshifting, since that feels like a separate power. The wand is approved, however it would also be good if Koschei can only use magic when he has his wand because of the city's barriers. Does that sound okay to you? :o

Also! Just so you know, Aetheria is the name of the overall universe, while the city that the cast starts off in is called Ariathelm. :-3
And for your question, you could include his backstory in the "Moment the bubble popped" section, to show progression of how he was before to the way he is now.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: PentheWonderful on June 23, 2018, 01:17:25 AM
Bonjour love~

I must say, I love the amount of detail you put into the finished bio, and I love the character already. I can't wait to play alongside him :D

However, just one thing: Vergil and I have agreed that Koschei feels a bit too powerful. Since the city tones down most magical abilities, we'd prefer if you chose one or two types of magic that you listed Koschei to have, and omit the shapeshifting, since that feels like a separate power. The wand is approved, however it would also be good if Koschei can only use magic when he has his wand because of the city's barriers. Does that sound okay to you? :o

Also! Just so you know, Aetheria is the name of the overall universe, while the city that the cast starts off in is called Ariathelm. :-3
And for your question, you could include his backstory in the "Moment the bubble popped" section, to show progression of how he was before to the way he is now.

Got it! I think I fixed all the stuff that you needed, as well as added his backstory for y’all to look over and read to see what Koschei is all about! I also added the detail regarding the third item that holds a piece of his soul, because I forgot to mention it...oops. >_>’