Small game based on DnD 3.5 Ebberon - Keldon Hunters

Started by MasterJedi, November 03, 2005, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterJedi

Our adventure begins in the town of Wilmont, at the local village inn. On one table sit two men, discussing something, on another sits a solitary man carrying a quiver, with his slightly large dog companion beside him. On a third table sits a female, armed with twin whips, sitting quietly in a corner watching the room. On another table, several men are drinking and celebrating, enjoying the ale and music. Several others sit and stand around the place. In one corner is a door leading to a spiral staircase leading up to the bedrooms, and down to the cellar. In another corner and covering nearly a complete wall is a long wooden bar complete with stalls and the host standing behind serving customers. Several serving women run around hastily carrying trays laden with food and drinks. On one side of the room is a large stone set fireplace.

Its cold outside, raining, not good travelling weather, it is the one reason the inn is so full. The doors closed, keeping out the elements and allowing the rooms temperature to be comfortable. The light in the room is supplied by the fire, a candle on each table, and several lanterns fixed to the walls, its comfortable light inside.

A small disagreement breaks out amongst the large group of men sitting at the central table. "I once killed several giants with one swing of my axe" stated one. The rest of the men burst out laughing; "You couldn’t kill a common rat with that dull axe of yours", was the reply from one of his comrades. The jesting from that table was loud, almost overbearing, everyone in the inn had no issue in hearing the conversation taking place. "I will prove it; King Arblus is offering 500,000 gold pieces to anyone who ends the city’s plague". He paused for a second before continuing, his voice slightly lower this time, "I shall travel to Union City and aid the king, and claim my reward, just you mark my words". Again several of his comrades, laughed and jeered the fellow. "I have had enough, I will prove it", with that he stands up, and collects his things before heading out of the inn. His comrades sat silent for a few seconds, before again bursting into laughter, "We had better follow him and make sure he doesn’t get himself killed". With that, several of his comrades gather their equipment, and finish their drinks before hastily leaving the inn to follow their companion.

With the departure of that large group, the volume of noise was markedly quieter. After several moments, the female stood up and whispered something to the two monks and several other men, before joining the man with the companion. "There goes our marks, what do we do now?” The man replied, "Did you not hear what they said? There’s a large reward going in Union City, adventure and possible death, I think we should go". Whilst taking, several men from around the inn form around the table, listening intently to the conversation. "Any of you know the way to Union City?" he asks, "Not I" is the general reply returned. "I don’t know the way to Union City, but I have a friend in Jordhien who will know", states the final man. "He may help us, but he will expect something in return".

The group sit and talk for several hours, deciding on their actions, finally deciding at the end of the night, that in the morning they will set out on their new quest. The man with the dog companion stands, and heads to the innkeeper, "This should cover the cost of my party’s drinks, room, and board for the night". He hands the innkeeper a small pouch of gold coins before turning to the stairs headed upstairs, his companion following closely. As the night draws on, the rest of the party retire for the night, one or two at time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game is ready, maps drawn, all I need are the characters, simply put, its a mission to save a kingdom, if it exsists in the DnD world it exsists here. Anything goes between players, with consent from both players. The starting level is 15, its pretty simple to follow, the rules are greatly relaxed. stats are fixed, 18 18 16 16 14 14 in any order you wish, starting cash of 200k. base DND classes only, the base 12, wizzies sorcs barbs fighters monks etc...

The setting is pretty much medievel, but with magic taking the place of most modern technologies.

any discussions, ideas, etc are welcome
[tr][td]
Characters:
tPSH: Kale | tEoME: Johny
BSB: Damicus/Arblus | MCZ13: Galad
FtLoaP: Captain David[/td][td]Random Thought:
"What's the definition of a will? It's a dead giveaway...."[/td][/tr][/table]

MasterJedi

and just a note, there will be plenty of opportunities for anything...animal companions, etc, slaves allowed too, all slaves are level 1 npcs, or level 5 players with no starting cash. Most of time the party will be traveling, but there are also many small towns/taverns along the way.
[tr][td]
Characters:

Alyssia

*peeks around corner*

What have we here...? Why didnt you tell me you are starting a new game...? Hmm... im curious. Elvi is banned. :P
\"To give a monkey a match is to light your ass.\" Forgotten proverb meaning you get what you give tenfold.

RogueJedi

I'd be interested in playing.  Female, possibly slave, possibly not...

Been awhile since i did DnD though.

Muse

::arches an eyebrow.::  Why is Elvi banned? 

I'll take a slave.  ;) 

No prestige classes, hm?  How about a shifter ranger, druid, or druid/ranger? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elvi

I'm afraid Elvi isn't interested anyway......you all should know by now that I'm a freefrom lass!
(And don't worry Muse, it was a joke I'm not really banned)
*snarls at rose*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

MasterJedi

nope not banned, and the game is freeform, except character creation and battles follow a set of guidelines...

the idea behind the character classes and levels, is to bring balance between players...
[tr][td]
Characters:

Elvi

Muse

::chuckles::  Decisions, decisions.  Anyone intrested in playing my slave?  If so I'll come up with an apropraite (male?) charecter.  If not, I'd be more intrested in make a female available to other players (of the DM?) to molest.  Is that apropraite to this game? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elvi

Oh go on then Muse, I've turned you down for your other games........abuse me honey abuse me.....

(Just help me out with the numbers and stuff ok master?)

Muse

::chortles::  That would be my pleasure, m'lady. 

Hm...  KRaNiX, any chance you have acess to the Book of Erotic Fantasy?  ::starts scheming.:: 

Elvi

*looks around*
what eh?
I'm not gonna ask where the dice gets thrown on that one!

Muse

::chuckles::  It's a lot more serious than the GUCK, and fairly well game ballanced, though I see a few revisions I'd like to make now that 3.5 is better understood. 

MasterJedi

i dont, but i can get it tonight, i have like 15 books here, vile darkness, exalted deeds, complete warrior, complete arcane, complete adventurer, i got plenty laying around, oh and unearthed arcana for fun

and elvi, i can help with your rolls and stuff... :) or just send u the results in a situation so you can word it for your own character... :)
[tr][td]
Characters:

MasterJedi

quick change, any wizard published class or prestige class is allowed. but only with a proven source of reference, races are limited to humanoid in nature, warfoged, elfs, humans, gnomes, etc. no races with level adjusters
[tr][td]
Characters:

Elvi

Errrrrrr...yes.to all of that.....understood every word.....*whimper*

MasterJedi

its ok Elvi, ur master can make ur character  sheet, you can write the background, the story side of her  ;D
[tr][td]
Characters:

Elvi

LordAnubis

I'd be intrested, maybe a wizard, but I don't know the Ebberon settings, so I'd need to know any special rules etc.

Jefepato

I like D&D, but unfortunately my brain is low on standard-race character concepts.  If you're willing to give me a few days to work on the character, I can easily come up with something.

(Also, personally I think the Book of Erotic Fantasy is pretty bad, but some will probably disagree.)

MasterJedi

check here:

http://srd.dndonlinegames.com/home.html

gonna take a few days, an a few days more of chasing up slow people. so yes, take a few days to get it organised  ;)
[tr][td]
Characters:

Elvi

Jefepato

Shall I assume that there's no need to min/max excessively for this?

(The lack of LA races is a shame, but with all classes allowed I'll think of something...)

Elvi

*whimper*
realises that she has turned into a virgin!

MasterJedi

as for ebbaran, it has all stanard races, and a special race known as warforged, mechanical men, who for the sake of this campaign, are almost identical to humans
cept

cold to the touch, silver skinned, mechancial inside..im even thinking people can spend money upgrading key components...
[tr][td]
Characters: