Life In The Ludus: A Game of Romans, Gladiators, & Slaves

Started by Urbanzorro, May 18, 2015, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

Is there a character thread we should post to?
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Urbanzorro

Added in our newest gladiators to the Character Thread. There is a link to it in the O.O.C. Thread
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

BellaVita

I just realized Sansa and CurvyKitten both have their daughter characters at 18, but Sansa's is the youngest? I mean, it's not impossible that they could both be 18, but it is unlikely..

Urbanzorro

They could be 11 months apart in theory.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

BellaVita

Yeah, like I said, not impossible but unlikely. Just making sure they were both aware of it >.<

cabalxxvi

So what is the major thing that is needed right now? I know that me and Hagar started in the Ludus already. Looking forward to the game.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Urbanzorro

As far as characters goes? I'd say our biggest need now is a son, additionally someone from outside the household could work later one, prospective suitors for the family's daughters come to mind.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

The Dark Raven

I can't remember if you like to have them here or not...

Artorius Flavius Balbus (“the Stutterer”)
by The Dark Raven

Role: Bastard son of Lucius Flavius
Gladiator Type: N/A
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance Details: A thin scar across his chin from a childhood accident.  A slashing scar that cuts from under his left armpit and over his ribs and abdomen, one across his right bicep from his days in Britain in the service of Rome.

Personality: Artorius is a quiet, thoughtful man, partly of natural inclination and partly of habit.  Known for a pronounced stutter as a child, he was tormented by his older brother for it rather constantly.  Studious and long-suffering, he took the teasing in near silence, giving the habit of soft-spokenness as an adult.  Instead of the lascivious pursuits of his brother, he prefers academic and martial pursuits.  He tends to be a kind, gentle soul and is quite likely seen as over-protective of his half-sisters.  An honorable, loyal man, he holds family and home above all, though there are times it seems his heart is far away.

Bio: Born early in his father’s service abroad to Rome to one of the ludus' house maids, Artorius learned quickly to stay out of the way of his older brother.  Teased mercilessly for his speech impediments, he found solace in the fighting of the gladiators that seemed to mesmerize him, his tireless mind working to devise strategies as he watched, as if the men were simply pawns on a chessboard.  Once he was old enough, after his father’s return, he began learning how to fight under the tutelage of the Doctore.  Joined more frequently by his younger half0sister, Alcmene, among the wolves that one of the gladiators trained, he picked up archery and horse training as well as the sword training he craved.  Less time spent within the sphere of his brother, the better, he supposed.

At the age of fifteen, he petitioned his father to find a place in the legions for him to serve--better to serve Rome than to live his life "idle" as his brother did--and insisted on true service, learning the ranks instead of demanding a command.  One could not lead men if one did not understand what men do, after all.  His service took him from Ostia to the far-flung barbarian lands of the Britons.  Serving with II Augusta, he rose in the ranks to serve in great capacity of his commanders with his quick mind and thirst for knowledge.  His commander, seeing his potential for command, took him aside to mentor him and took careful pains to explain the detriment of his silence.  Finding the fault to be physical instead of mental, the man increasingly leaned on Artorius to give verbal orders to the men, training him out of the terror of public speaking and the impediment that his brother had teased him of in their childhood.

After nearly a decade away, he has returned a changed man.  A direct man with a commanding voice in place of the one that once held him back.  One in charge of his life and his futures, determined to do his duty to family and home, despite the sadness of leaving the wilds.  He hopes to rekindle friendships and family connections once back in Ostia.

Character's Ons: Artorius is the romantic type for the most part, though he has found his wilder pursuits have opened a darker aspect to his sexuality, one he rarely acknowledges.
Character's Offs: Excrement of any type, death, vore, does not participate in m/m.
Player's Ons: My O/O
Player's Offs: See above link.

Artorius

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Urbanzorro

@The Dark Raven: Approved, and I'll move him over to the character thread.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

AdrianZef

Hmm, guess I was too slow and some spots were taken up in the meantime :p So... what roles are you looking for now? Seems like there are ample gladiators. A slave? The son?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Deamonbane

I was thinking maybe a potential son-in-law, a suitor, as mentioned before, visiting from Rome?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

BellaVita

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 02, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
I was thinking maybe a potential son-in-law, a suitor, as mentioned before, visiting from Rome?

*fans self*

Oh myyyyy

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

My poor little Gladiatrix is gunna get left behind in the dust, lol.

Deamonbane

Not for long, if she has the Merry Celt helping her with trainings and whatnot...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AdrianZef

@Deamonbane, was your post an idea for a character of your own, or a response to my question?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: AdrianZef on June 02, 2015, 10:38:56 PM
@Deamonbane, was your post an idea for a character of your own, or a response to my question?

His post was in response to a character he has already approved and in play.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 02, 2015, 04:07:50 PM

I agree oh my...then again I could say that about a few characters within the game LOL

Looking like a great collection thus far!

Kendra

sent in my sheet
*fingers crossed I don't goof it up this time*  ::)

dror

Are you guys still looking for players?
If so, I thought of playing a slave that serves the gladiators' needs.

Holmes

Quote from: dror on June 05, 2015, 02:28:32 AM
I'm not in charge or anything, but I'm pretty sure we're still open for new players.
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

BellaVita

Quote from: dror on June 05, 2015, 02:28:32 AM

Yeah, still looking for an oldest son, a head house slave and gladiators.

I'm not the GM, but as a regard to historical accuracy, gladiators were slaves and therefore didn't really have slaves themselves. They cooked and took care of their own needs.

dror

Well I meant he was a slave of the house, but kinda takes care of the gladiators... Like Pietros from Spartacus who was Barca's gay lover, just instead of being a lover to one he's a slut to all :P