What Are You Currently Playing?

Started by ZK, July 04, 2006, 11:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Ellyssa on August 31, 2006, 10:55:58 AM

I looove ADOM. Is the one I started with even though Nethack and a couple of the other roguelike games seem to be more popular. But glad to see another fan :) Don't forget you can smash those statues to find wands.

I didn't know that.
:D
I did have a troll that could kick altars to bit, though. Gods were angry.

Lilian

I should teach your troll some manners!

MagicalPen

LOL.

I recently traded in my PS2 etc for an XBOX 360. Played a little Madden 07, a bit more of Tom Clancys Advanced Warfighter, and a lot of Dead Rising. Talk about an amazing game! So many ways to kill a zombie...or a cultist!

Yeah, Nov 7th is going to be a good day too. Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, and some other games, all set to be released. Cant waut for when Army of Two comes out!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Lilian

Dominions 3!

...which can soak up hours of your life even faster than Disgaea 2..

Akioth

Update PC: Splinter Cell Series.(Have fallen in love, Chaos Theory rocks. Can't wait to grab double agent) Rainbow Six Series. (Atm thats all.)
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Praxis

Multiplayer Chaos Theory will blow your mind.

I'm currently playing WoW (too much)

AND...I'm playing Okami.  A BEAUTIFUL game that will help anyone get their Zelda fix.  This game is just overwhelmingly lovely.

Lirliel

HoMM 5
CM4
Jagged Alliance 2
The Thing
Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasion
NFSU2
COH
The Movies

That's about it :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

DarkestDreams

Quote from: Lirliel on October 15, 2006, 03:08:55 AM
HoMM 5
CM4
Jagged Alliance 2
The Thing
Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasion
NFSU2
COH
The Movies

That's about it :)

*growls appreciatively* Did you know that Akioth has an idea for a NFSU game on here?? *winks*
Come, and let us dance in dreams of darkness..

ON/OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7498.0 (or PM to find out)

Lirliel

Not that big on the game, I just like racing to release some tension after work. Only two real feature games right now and that's HOMM 5 and JA 2.

I'm still waiting on Fallout 2 though... I like want that game so bad and there isn't anywhere I can pull it from :(
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lilian

Ehehehe. I could kinda sorta get a copy to you maybe if you'd like. XD  I just hope I still have one, myself!

Akioth

Quote from: Ender on October 14, 2006, 05:11:50 PM
Multiplayer Chaos Theory will blow your mind.

I'm currently playing WoW (too much)

AND...I'm playing Okami.  A BEAUTIFUL game that will help anyone get their Zelda fix.  This game is just overwhelmingly lovely.

Lol which one Co-op or Versus mode. I've done both.
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

DarkestDreams

Quote from: Lirliel on October 15, 2006, 11:07:21 PM
Not that big on the game, I just like racing to release some tension after work. Only two real feature games right now and that's HOMM 5 and JA 2.

I'm still waiting on Fallout 2 though... I like want that game so bad and there isn't anywhere I can pull it from :(

*purrrs* JA2, Fallout..surprised not to see Baldur's Gate in that list..:D

Lirliel

Quote from: Lilian on October 16, 2006, 12:32:17 AM
Ehehehe. I could kinda sorta get a copy to you maybe if you'd like. XD  I just hope I still have one, myself!

That's like uber cool please do that :D !!!!

Quote from: DarkestDreams on October 16, 2006, 03:23:52 AM
*purrrs* JA2, Fallout..surprised not to see Baldur's Gate in that list..:D

Hehehe, yeah I got tired with playing the BG series, destroyed Saravok one to many times.. or this that trice to many times :P

DarkestDreams

Quote from: Lirliel on October 16, 2006, 10:31:49 AM
Hehehe, yeah I got tired with playing the BG series, destroyed Saravok one to many times.. or this that trice to many times :P

Regardless, it's still the best RPG out there..I sooo wish they would do a BG III... *sighs dreamily and goes back to daydream over BioWare's writer job position*

Lirliel

I Beg to differ, Divine Divinity ruled in my opinion. Sure it was more hack-and-slash, a bit, but the story really envolped you. Planescape Torment for what I had seen of the story destroyed BG's.

Also to many annoying things in BG, Saravok (He can suddenly do good :S), Yoshimo the backstabbing fuckhead, the whiny little Avariel.

Only three characters I liked in the entire series, Minsc, Come on with the "Buttkicking for goodness!", shout how can you not love him ;P, Viconia, "Come here worm...", very friendly as your girlfriend :P

And Ole' man Jon, goddamn now there's your villian! :D

DarkestDreams

DD had a storyline?? *ducks out of the way of flying objects* Allright so I didn't play it for more than an hour or so before I gave up on it, but I didn't notice much of a storyline. I agree on PsT, they did a wonderful job on that.

The strength of the BG series is the depth of the storyline. I happened to like Avariel, but more so the jealousy between her and Jaheira *grins* And Viconia..YUM! Sure, there were the occasional low points, but I haven't seen anything even approaching it's atmosphere since it came out.

Jon Rulez :P

Lirliel

Bah! You have no heart, sit the story out and you'll get towards the end more and more you'll develop a story-line :)

Also what's the worst RPG that you have ever played? (Barring DD :P)

Mine ranges in at 1: Fable the lost chapters 2: Diablo 2 (though its not really a RPG) and 3: Scared.

Elandra

*jumps into the conversation*

How could you say D2 was one of the worst? Bah!  Personally, I would have to go with Temple of Elemental Evil, not for the story, but the poor implementation of a classic module.

Which game had you been looking forward to most, only to be disappointed? For me this was Godfather.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Lirliel

Well alright the cutscenes where great, but it's not a true RPG its a Hack&Slash.

Ahh it'd have to be Company of Heroes, I was expecting something great what I got was a WW2 game with a few updated graphics, destroyable cities and the exact same gameplay as Warhammer 40k.

It's a great game, I'm not saying that but I was expecting something WOW!

DarkestDreams

Sacred was definately the worst I ever played, but that was mostly because the multiplayer option was so crap..

Looked forward lots to Settlers 3 (or was it 4?), only to find that the little guys yelling 'yippie' when they found ore were taken out :(

Lirliel

I think that was in both of them and that had me cringing it up too.

Just installed my new game though :D, Chaos League.. never knew that orcs played Rugby.. well more like tearing eachothers head off and watching the balls bounce somewhere up the field :P

DarkestDreams

You do know that is how the Incas invented football?? :P

Lirliel

*Points at Incas and Chaos League, takes a measuring tape: 0.1 MM* That's about how far it's apart :p

DarkestDreams

Lilian

I still love my disco-dancing skeletons in Dungeon Keeper 2. >.>