External linking?

Started by SweetlyPetite, September 16, 2018, 02:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetlyPetite

So, I'm making a come back, and I've been working on an Google doc that contains varies bits and bobs for role playing. Mainly characters, bit of lore, scenarios, settings, etc. I figured this was a good idea because I'll have this document in case I ever look beyond E for RPing, formatting is a bit easier, and I've taken some time to make it look nice. However, I'd completely forgotten about this site's policy on external links and whatnot. That's fine and dandy, tis' a safety precaution that I respect. However, I was browsing some ads and whatnot and took note of the fact that, some people are able to link external sites and whatnot, specifically F-list. This fuddled me, I quickly glanced back at the rules and noted that under the condition a site links back, one may make use of such links.

I've been toying around with linking and whatnot, and cannot get such things to work for the life of me. I'm willing to try to look into other options within E but, first I'd like to see if I could solve this issue. How does one "link back" a site so that external links may show? Does the site F-list exclusively work with E? Is it possible I could get my Google doc link up as I had initially planned? Additionally, I've made an F-list. If there's no way for me to link up the doc, how would I go about linking up my F-list?

Nico

You can always put up such information in your O/Os. Those are only accessible for approved members and thus, not considered public. Or in your profile. That also only can be accessed by approved members.

I hope this helps. :-)

Oniya

A 'link back' is as simple as including a link in the external document that points back to Elliquiy.  I don't know F-list very well or what text-fields it provides, but something as simple as the following will suffice:

'I write at Elliquiy!'

I write at [url=https://elliquiy.com]Elliquiy[/url]!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17