Dealing with Excitement for a New Game?

Started by Haybuck, July 13, 2018, 11:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haybuck

I've got one over in the seeking players forum and we only need 3 more people; and I just keep rereading the posts, tweaking character sheets, and generally being twitchy with the excitement and energy I have to run the game. How do you guys actually deal with the antsiness that comes with waiting for a new game to start? Not really actively looking for advice, I can totally deal with it, I just figured it'd be an interesting discussion!

Sain

I just embrace it personally ;D If a new game is drumming up excitement then that's a great feeling to have and one of the best fuels for the writing itself.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Mirrah

Quote from: Sain on July 14, 2018, 05:59:23 AM
I just embrace it personally ;D If a new game is drumming up excitement then that's a great feeling to have and one of the best fuels for the writing itself.

I'm kind of like that, too. It's so fun to get giddy over characters and ideas. I start laying things out and planning or imagining situations for my character to go through, or wrenches to potentially toss into the storyline later on. >.> Because I can be evil to my characters. XD

Other than that, I enjoy it while it's there, and channel that energy into creating other things while riding it out. :-)
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?