Troubleshooting thread

Started by Vekseid, August 14, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Lurking

Yup, me too. Thought it was my computer, but I guess not.
On Hiatus

RedPhoenix

Quote from: King Serperior on January 10, 2016, 09:38:56 PM
Well, for a few minutes, E went completely down for me.  I have no idea if it was just me, but it went 100% down.

Same here, was trying to preview a post and it couldn't load, thought my net was dead but everything else was fine, when I came back it was working perfect.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Oniya

Yep.  I wasn't sure either, so I went off to do a puzzle and when I came back it was up.  (We've had hellacious winds here, so I didn't immediately assume it was the site.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serinity1990

I'm hoping someone has had or knows of this issue... I can't seem to do anything on the site as of late without my Chrome browser telling me "elliquiy.com took too long to respond", and having to refresh my page.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Serinity1990 on December 11, 2016, 11:21:29 PM
I'm hoping someone has had or knows of this issue... I can't seem to do anything on the site as of late without my Chrome browser telling me "elliquiy.com took too long to respond", and having to refresh my page.

I'm using chrome and having no problems. So I don't think it's the browser! Is it your internet maybe?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Verasaille

Best bet is to reboot. Maybe dump your cache and clean out your unneeded files. They tend to make it slow for the internet to load. Have you noticed the issue on any other site?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

JaredSyn

It appears the SB is not working at all today. Last message was at 06:00 this morning. I saw other post in the full SB after that. Unusual to see no messaging at this time of day.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: JaredSyn on December 14, 2016, 07:13:55 AM
It appears the SB is not working at all today. Last message was at 06:00 this morning. I saw other post in the full SB after that. Unusual to see no messaging at this time of day.

It looks to be working now.

Serinity1990

Whatever the issue was it seems to have worked itself out :D

uluv2btied

Hopefully you can help. I have two issues,

1. I try to upload an image for my avatar but says it's either too big (which it is NOT) and something else which I had no idea what it meant. I clicked the "upload image" and get a prepopulated (I think HTML code of with the cursor flashing in between the two. What do you do after that? I tried pasting with a mouse and also using "ctrl+v, " but nothing happens. I did got an av by selecting one of the drop down choices but it is like really teeny tiny, like 1/4" by 1/4". I am quite frustarted.

2. I followed all the links and read all the ins and outs of making selections in "Ons and Offs". However, when I select "Find Partners" when I get to my profile, besides the very small Avatar, under "Characters I Play" there is nothing there. My mentor said I just hadn't configured my Ons and Offs but I have no idea what I have not done. I have read and re-read, selected and re-selected my choices over and over again.

Hope you can help, thanks

AmberStarfire

1. Are you sure the avatar doesn't measure too large on one side? It has to be a maximum of 200px tall by 150px wide. If it's even 1 pixel over on either side, you won't be able to upload it.

I don't know where you mean the cursor's flashing. If you go to profile > modify profile > forum profile, you should be able to select 'upload an avatar' and browse to the image, then at the bottom of the page, click 'change profile'. I haven't really used the other options in a long time but it ought to work.

2. Did you use the Ons and Offs button and fill it out on that page? The Ons and Offs thread is something different, and you could perhaps create a thread there in the meantime.

Blythe

Quote from: uluv2btied on December 15, 2016, 01:20:21 PM

Hopefully you can help. I have two issues,

1. I try to upload an image for my avatar but says it's either too big (which it is NOT) and something else which I had no idea what it meant. I clicked the "upload image" and get a prepopulated (I think HTML code of with the cursor flashing in between the two. What do you do after that? I tried pasting with a mouse and also using "ctrl+v, " but nothing happens. I did got an av by selecting one of the drop down choices but it is like really teeny tiny, like 1/4" by 1/4". I am quite frustarted.

What image are you trying to use? AmberStarfire is right that it might be a sizing issue; this is the most common issue with avatar problems.

Quote from: uluv2btied on December 15, 2016, 01:20:21 PM
2. I followed all the links and read all the ins and outs of making selections in "Ons and Offs". However, when I select "Find Partners" when I get to my profile, besides the very small Avatar, under "Characters I Play" there is nothing there. My mentor said I just hadn't configured my Ons and Offs but I have no idea what I have not done. I have read and re-read, selected and re-selected my choices over and over again.

Hope you can help, thanks

Did you fill out the section that also details out who the characters you play are attracted to? It's located beneath the 'Characters I Play' section.

If you don't, the 'characters I play' will not display.

uluv2btied

Quote from: Blythe on December 15, 2016, 01:29:23 PM
What image are you trying to use? AmberStarfire is right that it might be a sizing issue; this is the most common issue with avatar problems.

Here'e the elliquiy file. It says it's not an avatar. OK< but I see tons of images that are clearly pics and not avatars. https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3a/FiftyShades.jpg

Not sure about the sizing issue but I am pretty sure it is smaller than the limits. Or does it have to be exactly the size listed?

Did you fill out the section that also details out who the characters you play are attracted to? It's located beneath the 'Characters I Play' section.

If you don't, the 'characters I play' will not display.

Yep, did that too, In the "Attracted to" "Character Sex" under "Female" I have a mark below that in "Male" and "Female".

Blythe

The image is showing for me as being 273 pixels tall and 184 wide. It's too large, and that is why it's not usable as an avatar. The max size is 200 and the max width is 150. You'll need to reduce the size of the image.

As for the O/Os, can you describe exactly what you have filled out under the 'Characters I Play' and 'Attracted To' sections? Your 'Characters I Play' and 'Attracted To' have to line up a certain way. If you can screenshot it, all the better.

AmberStarfire

You may know already but the site went down for a few moments about a minute ago.

lockedout

I have an account under Kurioustoohear ... I tried to log in but my password was incorrect. I wanted to change my password and went through the procedures, but apparently the email associated with E is no longer valid (I set this up almost 10 years ago!). Thus, I never got the email. Can anything be done? I can provide a good email ... not sure if I should do it here. Thanks!

Oreo

Hi Kurioustoohear, if you could email me at allybandy@gmail.com I can get you sorted.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

lockedout

Thank you! I sent an email ... much appreciated!

TooSweetForRock

I couldn't find this on the help section but maybe I just didn't see it. My account has become unverified and I need to sort out how to reverify it! Please help.

Thank you!
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table] “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.” [tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Oniya

Quote from: toosweetforrock on May 17, 2017, 12:23:32 AM
I couldn't find this on the help section but maybe I just didn't see it. My account has become unverified and I need to sort out how to reverify it! Please help.

Thank you!

This will sort you out.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jail Rose

H-How do I delete my account? I've been fiddling around the settings section but there isn't an option there where I can delete my account... please help! Thank you!
                             Kinda not around for some time.

RampantDesires

Hello Jail Rose.  There is no way to delete your account, but at your request we can change your status from unapproved to denied, effectively locking it.

<edit>  If there is an issue with your current account (for example if you'd like a different screen name approved members are allowed to request a name change and the process is fairly simple :-) ) we're happy to try and sort out whatever problem you may be having.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

underdog

I clicked on the questions but I don't now how to answer them....how do I reply/post my answers?

RampantDesires

Hi there underdog :-)

Clicking HERE will open a new topic in our intro forum section.  Simply fill in the title and then answer the questions from the Questionnaire.

<edit> There is no right or wrong way to format your answers, copying the code, pasting it in the new window and then answering line by line works or you could have multiple windows open and answer in list format... some people respond in a more conversational paragraph manner.  However you are most comfortable!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->