Empire of the Indigo Star -- Sci Fi political intrigue freeform original setting

Started by Niferbelle, November 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niferbelle

Quote from: Caela on November 12, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
Who is playing all of these? I thought the only person I'd actually seen name a House was Ames.

I'm trying to update the character sheet page as people weigh in. I'm excited by the mix. There ae three sisters in the same house but they'll all have a unique role. It's working out great.

BY the way, my NPC sister is the example character sheet if you would like to glance at it.

Caela

Quote from: Niferbelle on November 13, 2015, 12:29:55 AM
I'm trying to update the character sheet page as people weigh in. I'm excited by the mix. There ae three sisters in the same house but they'll all have a unique role. It's working out great.

BY the way, my NPC sister is the example character sheet if you would like to glance at it.

I actually looked it over as I was making my own sheet so I knew who one of the sisters was, I just hadn't actually seen Crash say which House his woman would be in so his comment, initially confused me. Having sisters will be fun...makes for lots of plotting opportunities!

Aiden

I'll be playing as well, I plan on writing one or two of the Chainer brothers.

One is a bit older, (early 30's, widowed, no kids) and he has been called "insane" as he oversees most of Chainer's mining operations which includes slingshoting onto comets, mining them clean then escaping before they crumble and or collide with something.

The other is late 20's, the baby of the Chainer family and spends his time getting into trouble. Prefers to spend his time having fun before his family reel him in.

The other 2 chainer kids are NPCs, one the standing commander of Chainer's Navy/Fleet and the sister a noble woman who is actually a female Han Solo who owns the Space Station "Deadman's Port" that borders on Chainer Space and a local hub for Smugglers, Outlaws and the scum of the universe.

Crash

Quote from: Caela on November 12, 2015, 11:41:00 PM
Ahhh, gotcha. You hadn't actually said which House your girl was going to be from so your comment threw me! :)

My half-sister is going to be 27, don't know how that lines up with your gals age.

Rebekah is 28 and Hana is 25.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Caela

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Strangefate

Such an impressive amount of world detail, reminds me a bit of Dune.  I'm just watching the thread for the moment as I really haven't any clue what I'd play, but it looks interesting.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Niferbelle

Welcome, Strangefate! Watch away :)

And thank you. I know it's a lot of reading and might be too much for some, but when it's an original setting on this scale, there's a lot to cover. Dune was an influence, definitely, but I wanted to take some of the basic concepts and move in different direction with them.

Niferbelle

As I create threads, I will be listing them in the first post in this thread. For now I only have a charcter sheet thread. I will be posting people's characters as theyre approved.

Caela

Thanks KC! I'm looking forward to playing her. Hit me up for plottage/connection when you're done with your own character.

Niferbelle

I won't be around much today so if you leave a question, it may be a little before I get back to it. But please, don't let that stop your brainstorming!

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Outlaw Fallen

I'm definitely posting interest here if you'll put up with me, Niferbelle =P

Though, I'm stuck in that culture-shock feeling of just needing to let it all sink in at the moment before trying to figure out what I would like to play. Definitely loving the Dune influences <3
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Aiden

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 15, 2015, 01:28:35 AM
No space pirates? ;\

House Chainer does not condone piracy.

With that said, their lands/space is a bustling hive of smugglers/pirates and black market traders.

Nymphadora

I'm growing more and more interested (thanks, KC) hehe
Not sure if I will play, but I'm definitely pondering and reading things over again and again.

It is a great set up, Niferbelle!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Amelita

I'm working on a daughter of Broedin. My concept for her is to be a bargaining chip for her father to secure renewed or new protection deals. [you protect my vessels, I give you my daughter] It's a wife with political benefits, a precious commodity to some.

For it to be any fun I need the potential protector as a character.

Any interest?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Aiden on November 15, 2015, 05:32:21 AM
House Chainer does not condone piracy.

With that said, their lands/space is a bustling hive of smugglers/pirates and black market traders.

So they are like the (can't think of what the place was called in the series) island in the TV show Black Sails, seeming like legitimate/organized traders but actually full of cutthroats and backstabbing pirates? ;o

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cyrano Johnson

As I'm developing my character concept, I find myself in search of a companion player. So from this week's Imperial Personals:

QuoteExiled Orzorone baronet, now a simple man trying to make his way in the Galaxy, seeks attractive female companionship of any House and cultural persuasion for scheming, swashbuckling, intermittent will-they-or-won't-they sexual tension and possible skulduggery at one another's expense on behalf of any number of possible employers. Do you like charming rogues? Convoluted conspiracies? Mind-bending cosmic mysteries? Living in constant peril, and not knowing whether the greatest peril comes from the unseen forces of Imperial intrigue or your own partner? Then this might just be the adventure for you! PM CyranoJ for details. Smokers, drinkers and cognoscenti of obscure Xenoid poisons welcome; prior experience w/ wretched hives of scum and villainy preferred, but negotiable.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Aiden

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 15, 2015, 08:13:32 AM
So they are like the (can't think of what the place was called in the series) island in the TV show Black Sails, seeming like legitimate/organized traders but actually full of cutthroats and backstabbing pirates? ;o

I haven't seen Black Sails, but house Chainer heavily relies on trade/alliances since their lands only produce Ore/gas (for ships and ship building,war stuff)

So food, commodities, etc etc, is all traded for. Sometimes trades are broken, alliance broken, and in that case they go to smugglers/pirates.

House Chainer will NOT come down on said pirates, as long as they don't target Chainer ships/traders.

So smugglers/pirates know they are relatively safe in Chainer space. Jeska Chainer herself is the Lord of Deadman's port, but her identity is a secret. She will have a different name to conceal herself.

Aiden

Once I get an actual sheet going, I am open to connections.

Atm, I am working out some details between House Chainer and Brodein which will be revealed as we set them up.

Caela

I'm open to connections for Illyana, either from negotiations she's done for her father or from family contacts or even that she met while during her teen years fostering with the Rovonas.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Caela on November 15, 2015, 12:25:09 PM
I'm open to connections for Illyana, either from negotiations she's done for her father or from family contacts or even that she met while during her teen years fostering with the Rovonas.

Might make sense for Princess Laila to know her from her fostering years.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Caela

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on November 15, 2015, 12:45:24 PM
Might make sense for Princess Laila to know her from her fostering years.

Certainly it would! When you've got her personality and such figured out we can decide if they liked each other and got on well or were just indifferent to each other or even actively disliked each other. :)

Outlaw Fallen

Quote from: Amelita on November 15, 2015, 07:47:41 AM
I'm working on a daughter of Broedin. My concept for her is to be a bargaining chip for her father to secure renewed or new protection deals. [you protect my vessels, I give you my daughter] It's a wife with political benefits, a precious commodity to some.

For it to be any fun I need the potential protector as a character.

Any interest?

Definitely interested, Ames, if I can figure out who/what my character will be
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Amelita

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on November 15, 2015, 01:55:14 PM
Definitely interested, Ames, if I can figure out who/what my character will be

I'm most likely tying her into the Chainer-Broedin alliance, but thank you so much ^^ Maybe we could plot a friendship or lost romantic hopes or something instead :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red