News:

Main Menu

Marvel 1602.

Started by robitusinz, October 09, 2006, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robitusinz

Just bought and read a new (to me, at least) Marvel-based graphic novel called Marvel 1602.  It's basically the Marvel Universe set in the Victorian era, and it's actually quite interesting.  It was a very good read, very entertainning.  I strongly recommend it to any comic fans out there.  (Same with DC's Kingdom Come, btw)
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

Hermes

The Elizabethan era. That's why Queen Elizabeth is in it, IIRC.

I really enjoyed the book. I don't think I could read it as an on-going title, but as a stand alone thing, it (and its sequel) is very well thought-out and entertaining. The different interpretations of the character was very interesting. I was always wondering who would be introduced next.

robitusinz

*slaps himself in the head*

Yes, Elizabethan, my apologies.

There's a sequel?  This I did not know.

I was constantly on edge over the Peter character...I was really expecting the obvious to happen, and after finishing the story, I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that it didn't.  I'm happy that the story didn't stretch that far to appease fanboys and instead stayed true to the yarn it was spinning, but sad that he was a fairly minor character and my inner fanboy wasn't appeased.  :D
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

Hermes

Read the sequel. He's less minor in that.

I forget what it's called, but just search for '1602' on Amazon and you'll find it.

EDIT: "1602: New World". Never say I never do anything for ya!  :P

Divine

They're currently putting out a new 1602 mini series, the Fantastick Four. It's really good, by Peter David. They introduced the Frightful Four and the covers for the up coming books are beautiful.
Wanna Play? Here's my dos and don'ts!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7525.0