Scrolling feels Stuttery/Not-Smooth on E? (Chrome apppears to be the problem)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 19, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Does anyone else have this? I've only noticed it recently and I don't think it happens on other sites.

When I'm scrolling down through a page on most sites it smoothly scrolls but on E it sort of stutters a bit, like it will scroll in small chunks rather than all at once if that makes any sense. It doesn't seem to be limited to the front page, sometimes it will happen on small threads, but sometimes it will work just fine. I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is. For example this post being previewed is totally fine.

I'm using Chrome. I don't think it's my internet since I don't think I'm having problems anywhere else and I'm nowhere near any of the caps on use.

Is there a setting or something that got changed? Windows 10 keeps changing things without asking me every time it updates so maybe it was something there.

Can anyone help? :)

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Oreo

I have the same issue on Chrome. I use Firefox for my main browser, and Chrome for my email (because there is a bubble add-on.)

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

RedPhoenix

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

RedPhoenix

Yup. I downloaded Firefox and it seems perfectly fine.

Thank you cookie!! <3 

Oreo

Yay. Glad it worked. I thought it might just be my PC and Chrome.

Vekseid

Not getting this in Chrome - is it occurring in fresh tabs?

Oreo

For me it happens consistently in Chrome. Even when only one tab is in use.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am still using Win7.

The Dark Raven

Am not having this issue on Chrome while heavily loaded.  Win10.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Tolvo

I've been having this happen as well, Chrome, Windows 10.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Vekseid on January 19, 2019, 06:02:43 PM
Not getting this in Chrome - is it occurring in fresh tabs?

Which tab it is doesn't seem to make any difference.

Firefox is completely fine though.

Mirrah

This happening to me in Chrome is why I only use Chrome for email and Google drive these days; Firefox for everything else. The stutter/lag didn't make sense to me. I have Windows 8.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Nico

Blythe

Chrome does have a couple known bugs/issues about scrolling--sometimes flickering, pausing/stopping, etc. Am wondering if some folks have run afoul of them.

Oreo

Sometimes when I am scrolling E on Chrome I even get all blue background until I stop scrolling. I do occasionally come to E on Chrome because of opening my email to see something quick.

Tolvo

Hmm, I haven't run into this flickering issue using Chrome on other sites lately. But, I have run into different issues with Chrome recently mainly on youtube where at times the scroll bar becomes completely unresponsive. Though I'm not sure if that is a common problem for others on other sites or if I'm in a minority on that one.

RedPhoenix

I've been poking around this including updating my graphics card, disabling all the extensions and addons on chrome, and enabling a few things in the chrome advanced flags like smooth scrolling and such based on searching around for solution on the web. Apparently Chrome being laggy when scrolling on Windows is a common thing, but not everyone gets it. It's really weird to me. But the solution so far is as Oreo said just switch to Firefox which works perfectly.

Vekseid

Tolvo

I've been testing some, going on various sites I use and trying to scroll randomly more than I normally do, E is the site I scroll on the most so I'd notice it the most, but when trying to intentionally scroll a lot on other sites using Chrome on Windows 10 I'm running into this issue on other sites.

RedPhoenix

So this seems to have gone away. I don't know if anything changed on E or if it was a chrome thing but I'm not experiencing much if any lag at all now.

Alluring Firefly

That sort of thing is why I quit using Chrome. Firefox is my main browser because of the flickering issue I had on Chrome.
Firefox runs so much smoother for forums, its nice. Haha.