The Empress's Own (historical, culture clash, could use a few more males)

Started by IrishWolf, May 10, 2014, 07:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

I have not yet set a name for the Ambassador, feel free to make one up and whatever other little details about him and the family you like.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 10:21:17 PM
I have not yet set a name for the Ambassador, feel free to make one up and whatever other little details about him and the family you like.

Thank you! I am super super excited! I should have the profile done relatively soon, I have to feed my baby first - and then I will work on it. :D

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

SweetSerenade

Player: SweetSerenade
Group: Military Mission
Name: Aurora Dupont
Rank: Civilian - Translator in Training - Ambassador Dupont's daughter.
Highest Rank Held: N/A
Social Standing: N/A
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Appearance:
Aurora Dupont
(I know the outfit does not fit the time period, at least I do not think so. But I think it is gorgeous. )

Definitely the daughter of wealth, Aurora takes care of herself quite well. Though her maids think her absolutely insane, she bathes nearly every day and clears her body of all body hair every four nights. She has smooth clear skin, lovingly cared for many years. She believed she would become the wife of a wealthy man, be the mother of his children, but her accident changed all that.

Her lean frame is definitely the frame of a lady to be. Her inset waist, high perky breasts, and flaring hips. She would have made a perfect mother, but the doctors say there will be no chance of that. She stands at 5'2'', and her weight is something she never discusses. She wears a variety of clothing, but she prefers clothing that do not inhibit movement too much. She is known to wear trousers, when needed, as the clothing of a male is much easier to pursue scholary pursuits in.
Weapons: N/A - she does not possess weapons as of this moment.
Extra Gear: Research tools, leather bound books - compendiums of language translation. Anything she needs for her new station.
History: Aurora Dupont was the youngest of two children that Ambassador Dupont and his wife were gifted with. Auror a her a brother named Philip, but he died when she was merely a toddler. Her parents became very protective of her, because of it. Later she discovered that her brother had drowned, while out on a little boat with the servants. It was after that point that Aurora realized that as the only Dupont child... there was a major weight on her shoulders.

She took up the lessons a lady would need, and also began to show an interest in languages. Her father approved of this, and dotted upon his only remaining child. When Aurora was twelve her mother died in childbirth, her mother died. The boy that was born died within a week of living. Aurora realized that her father would remarry, but she tried to continue to be who she was meant to be. She was preparing to be the wife of a man of status. That was what her father expected of her.

Then the accident happened. She was out horseback riding on a hunt with some other young women. She was thirteen at the time, and the hunt was to celebrate her friend Minerva's marriage. Aurora's horse threw her. She landed across a log, and passed out. She woke up in her bed, and doctors hovering over her. She could hear her father cursing up a storm in the background. When he rushed in the Doctors gave them the terrible news. The damage was so extensive that the chances were she would never conceive a child.

With her one major marriageable trait gone... She turned to other things. She began to study to be a lady of state, much like her father was an Ambassador. When the recent developments came about she begged her father to take him with her. There was no way she was going to stay, when she could learn so much more. Which was exactly what she was going to do.

She spent a lot of the sea voyage learning what she could of the language. The translators found her to be quite a quick study, but even so she speaks with a slight accent. She is not completely fluent, but she knows enough to get by. She hopes for finish her knowledge of the language while at the Court of the Empress. Now only time will tell what this woman may find in such a strange new land.

Question Mark

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Question Mark on May 19, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
Aurora's quite the smart cookie.

She had basic schooling when she was younger, but after she lost her one major marriageable trait.. .she decided to hit the books. Her dad indulged her, because he could not marry her off - because everyone pretty much knows  about her accident. So she has become a rather learned woman.

IrishWolf

SweetSerenade

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 11:16:38 PM
Very very nice, consider Aurora approved

I really want to use the outfit in the picture, but I do not think it would be proper. Even though it is gloriously pretty.

Caela

SS, she's gorgeous!!! The first redhead was pretty but the one you went with is just perfection.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Caela on May 20, 2014, 06:10:03 AM
SS, she's gorgeous!!! The first redhead was pretty but the one you went with is just perfection.

I know I saw her and said... OMG GIMMEE! I cannot wait to see the chaos a red head can cause there... it is going to be HILARIOUS

Caela

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 20, 2014, 06:12:01 AM
I know I saw her and said... OMG GIMMEE! I cannot wait to see the chaos a red head can cause there... it is going to be HILARIOUS

Yes it will!!! :D

Salvation

Player: Salvation
Group: Regiment
Name: Takenaka Chiyo (Family name, first name)
Social Standing: Noble
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Appearance: Standing at 5'4 in height, she is a study in fitness from the slim and muscled frame hidden beneath the folds of rather plain garments, while still being unmistakeably female from breasts to hips as nature's shaping of the curves will reveal upon a closer examination.  She dresses in the attire best suited to fighting in the traditional --   Her hair is the only vanity that Chiyo keeps in some length, though the natural 'blue' black strands are usually worn in a tight braid close to the scalp or in some tidy up do to keep the strands out the way.   With eyes of an unusual shade of grey, she shows much of the 'water' in her soul, or so Chiyo's grandmother once said.

A lesson gone wrong contributed to a scar over and under Chiyo's left eye, and though it was just a long thin line by the time she grew up, the mark remained as a strike against her beauty, if such was to be said of her, and a reminder about what could happen should she ever falter.

Weapons:  Naginata (Japanese pole-arm, A pair of Kaiken (daggers), Bow and arrows, Tanto (Knife).  Though she does possess a possess and is trained in its use, it will be used mainly in applicable situations, Sayuri prefers to use the naginata, due to the blade's length and advantages to her frame and stature. The shorter blades of the dagger and knife also allow for concealment.  Sharpened hairpins (This seems to be a favorite among the women here, and rightfully so!)
Extra Gear: Shamisen (at times), bed roll and such camping supplies, usually on her horse, a rolled up parchment with a certain picture on it, kimono as needed,  Dō-maru armor,  black horse.

History:  Any story starts with its beginning, and in the minds of those that live, they are constantly writing their own tale.

The second daughter of a second son, Chiyo did not have expectations of having to marry right away as did some of her other family. Still, she was expected to know the duties to skills of her social class as required to see to home and family as the future could allow for.

Her father, while he was not the eldest son, committed to succeeding in what he did know, which had turned out to be fighting.  So, he trained others to fight.    Her father, a warrior, taught others his craft and skill, and in this, Chiyo aided him.  She was instructed in horseback riding, hunting, and fishing, and ate with men rather than with her mother, sister, and other women of the household.  While her mother did insist that Chiyo learn what must be done by women from taking care of the family, she often skipped out where it could be managed to train with her weapons. 

With the loss of his eldest son to battle, Chiyo's father became even more obsessed with preparing his remaining children for combat and the future.  In this, his second daughter committed herself to his cause, vowing to make him proud. When the opportunity arose to join this new endeavor of the Empress', despite some qualms from her family, she was sent by her father to join up.

Hobby - She has learned to play the shamisen from one of her older sisters, and shows some musical affinity.  She finds this past time to be relaxing.

---

I'm rusty with group rp, but I hope to get out of that by doing something like this.  Let me know if this character works, and if not, I can make alterations as needed.  Hopefully, this is not many Arakian women or something.  If we need another type of character more for variety and origin, let me know too.

IrishWolf

A lovely character Salvation, glad to see the final profile. Feel free to join us over in the OOC and the IC

Salvation

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 22, 2014, 05:53:40 PM
A love character Salvation, glad to see the final profile. Feel free to join us over in the OOC and the IC

Thanks, I shall look at doing that and catching up with things.

WhiteHeart

Sweet asked me to play her maid, so I made up a sheet for y'all.

Player: WhiteHeart
Group: Military Mission
Name: Melissa
Highest Rank Held: Maid
Social Standing: Maid
Sexual Preference: Hetero
Appearance:
With shoulder, strawberry blonde hair, she stands at around 5’7”, her pale skin almost matching that of her superiors. She has green eyes and a delicate frame. She does her best to keep herself clean, though working in the kitchen can be dirty work. Her clothes are simple, but clean and tidy; a light black apron usually goes over the dress she is wearing for the day. Her straight, white teeth are always on call for a smile to the next person who walks in the room.
Weapons: Cutting Shears, Frying Pan
Extra Gear: Supplies found around a house
History: Melissa was born out of wedlock, which was why Lydia, her mother, pulled strings to get work as a maid for the Duponts. Her father was out of the scene before Melissa was even born and she's never met him. Lydia died shortly after Aurora's mother from Scarlet Fever, and Melissa, at age 14, took on the role of maid to Aurora. She hasn't known any other life and doesn't share her true feelings with anyone - not even Aurora. In her heart, she yearns for her own freedom, but the debt that her mother owed to the Duponts is too high for her to ever leave for another ten years.
Being the daughter of a maid and then practically forced into the lifestyle, Melissa was just hurt and numb. When the mom and the baby boy died, she didn't feel as much remorse as she should have, almost wishing that someone else could feel some sort of loneliness and pain that she went through every day, especially when her mother died only weeks later.

She never spoke a word of her feelings to anyone, nor about how she was ripped out of whatever normal life she had to go overseas with Aurora. What she had for friends and the cook, who had taken her under her wing, and who wasn't coming on the voyage, was taken away from her. Though she would never admit it, but she wished that Aurora would realize how she had ruined her life.

Now, that's not to say that she is a mean girl. She behaves like an obedient maid; a smile (albeit forced most of the time) is almost always present on her face. She doesn't complain and doesn't say her true feelings to her superior. Even though she wishes someone could feel her grief, and sometimes wishes it would be Aurora that would, the fact that she spends 24/7 with the girl has brought a strange sort of attachment. She would stand up for the girl if anyone ever threatened her, even though she despised herself for it sometimes.

SweetSerenade

IrishWolf

Beware the woman with a frying pan!

Welcome aboard WhiteHeart

Lithium

You should change the thread title, now we're low on guys. :P

Question Mark

Quote from: Lithium on May 27, 2014, 07:26:20 PM
You should change the thread title, now we're low on guys. :P

I'm actually surprised by our demographics.  When I first tossed my hat in the ring, I suspected most of the players would be playing Sesalian males.  I'll admit, I'm rather glad they're not.

IrishWolf

SweetSerenade

WhiteHeart

Caela

Welcome WhiteHeart! Your character looks like she'll be interesting to play against. I wonder if the Arakians, since they spend so much time not showing a high level of emotion themselves, would be more apt at noticing her unhappiness, despite her smile, than the Sessalians.

Salvation

Welcome, WhiteHeart, really love the concept of the maid and her frying pan (of doommmm!).